Notices
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: The origins of rape trauma

  1. #1 The origins of rape trauma 
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    How is it possible to explain from biological point of view that the vast majority of men don't get traumatized by heterosexual rapes while the vast majority of women do? Why they do have such a terrible fear and traumatization in their genes?


    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    How is it possible to explain from biological point of view that the vast majority of men don't get traumatized by heterosexual rapes while the vast majority of women do? Why they do have such a terrible fear and traumatization in their genes?
    Because:
    (a) there are virtually no heterosexual rapes of men by women,
    (b) so far as I am aware there is no data on whether such men are traumatised or not,
    (c) rape of a woman is often very violent and painful for her, and
    (d) rape of a woman involves injecting body fluids from her attacker deep inside her body which, disgusting enough as it may be on its own, can also result in a pregnancy, with lifelong consequence for the woman.

    Got any more silly questions?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    (a) there are virtually no heterosexual rapes of men by women,
    (b) so far as I am aware there is no data on whether such men are traumatised or not,
    (c) rape of a woman is often very violent and painful for her, and
    (d) rape of a woman involves injecting body fluids from her attacker deep inside her body which, disgusting enough as it may be on its own, can also result in a pregnancy, with lifelong consequence for the woman.
    There are some claims in some countries that there are cases when female prisoners could kidnap male security guards and rape them. I don't know if it is true or not, but in any case I regard a hypotetical sitiation and from what I know about typical male psychology, no need to gather vast data to predict that the vast majority of men would not be seriously traumatized in above mentioned cases or at least much less than females would be. Especially if there is no serious physical injury. Some females believe it is because it is an external act for a man and internal act for a woman, but I'm not sure this explanation is completely valid. I think that even if the level of biotechnologies would permit to females to grow a fully functional resumblence of a male reproductive organs and use them to rape men and inject in them a fluids which contain female eggcells, it wouldn't be sufficient enough to make majority of men really scaried and get very traumatized. So, this issue is more about psycology than about physiology.
    Last edited by Stanley514; December 24th, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    (a) there are virtually no heterosexual rapes of men by women,
    (b) so far as I am aware there is no data on whether such men are traumatised or not,
    (c) rape of a woman is often very violent and painful for her, and
    (d) rape of a woman involves injecting body fluids from her attacker deep inside her body which, disgusting enough as it may be on its own, can also result in a pregnancy, with lifelong consequence for the woman.
    There are some claims in some countries that there are cases when female prisoners could kidnap male security guards and rape them. I don't know if it is true or not, but in any case I regard a hypotetical sitiation and from what I know about typical male psychology, no need to gather vast data to predict that the vast majority of men would not be seriously traumatized in above mentioned cases or at least much less than females would be. Especially if there is no serious physical injury. Some females believe it is because it is an external act for a man and internal act for a woman, but I'm not sure this explanation is completely valid. I think that even if the level of biotechnologies would permit to females to grow a fully functional resumblence of a male reproductive organs and use them to rape men and inject in them a fluids which contain female eggcells, it wouldn't be sufficient enough to make majority of men really scaried and get very traumatized. So, this issue is more about psycology than about physiology.
    Well of course it is. Only a moron would expect biology alone to explain the feelings of human beings.

    But on the biology point, it is a fact that the human baby is uniquely helpless, compared to the rest of the animal kingdom, for the first years of its life. Consequently it requires a lot of care from the parent or parents. It is likely that this may be one reason women are very careful who they choose to mate with, as they are looking for a partnership in raising the children, rather than getting left on their own with them. Perhaps you can figure the rest out for yourself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    It is likely that this may be one reason women are very careful who they choose to mate with, as they are looking for a partnership in raising the children, rather than getting left on their own with them.
    But modern women suppose to understand that usually pregnancy could be easily prevented after rape.
    Last edited by Stanley514; December 25th, 2021 at 06:05 AM.
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    It is likely that this may be one reason women are very careful who they choose to mate with, as they are looking for a partnership in raising the children, rather than getting left on their own with them.
    But modern women suppose to understand that usually pregnancy could be easily prevented after rape.
    So now you've flipped the discussion back to psychology. I thought you said you were looking for a biological explanation.

    Make your mind up.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    It is likely that this may be one reason women are very careful who they choose to mate with, as they are looking for a partnership in raising the children, rather than getting left on their own with them.
    But modern women suppose to understand that usually pregnancy could be easily prevented after rape.
    How would you feel if a person sodomized you without YOUR consent and willing participation

    Being intimately violated by anyone with create trauma.

    Your attempt to make it a "woman's problem" ony found in hysterical women is a rather disgusting relic of the machismo 1950s
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    How would you feel if a person sodomized you without YOUR consent and willing participation
    Being intimately violated by anyone with create trauma.
    But that is completely different... I was spoking about heterosexual rapes. I'm not sure that been intimately violated by a woman creates a big mental trauma for majority of men. In whatever way she does it... Hypothetically.
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    How would you feel if a person sodomized you without YOUR consent and willing participation
    Being intimately violated by anyone with create trauma.
    But that is completely different... I was spoking about heterosexual rapes. I'm not sure that been intimately violated by a woman creates a big mental trauma for majority of men. In whatever way she does it... Hypothetically.
    Why is it completely different? It seems to me to have a great deal of similarity, apart from the risk of pregnancy of course.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    How would you feel if a person sodomized you without YOUR consent and willing participation
    Being intimately violated by anyone with create trauma.
    But that is completely different... I was spoking about heterosexual rapes. I'm not sure that been intimately violated by a woman creates a big mental trauma for majority of men. In whatever way she does it... Hypothetically.
    The only one who thinks its different, is the one that normally is in the position of power.

    You want it to be different, because you don't want to face the thought of someone taking away your choice of what hapoens to your body, then forcing you violently to take a foreign object into your body, causing physical trauma, and all the while likely treating you as something subhuman.

    You only want it to be a women aggressor on a man, as that is more easy for you to claim that it wouldnt cause trauma. As a gay man, if a woman forced herself on me I WOULD most assuredly be traumatized. No there would not be pleasure.

    So lest say its a woman that ties you down and chooses a rough 3" diameter metal pipe to anally sodomize you while you are forced to look away with a gag on. Are you telling us that will turn you on?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    So lest say its a woman that ties you down and chooses a rough 3" diameter metal pipe to anally sodomize you while you are forced to look away with a gag on. Are you telling us that will turn you on?
    But that would be a purelly physical trauma...
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    So lest say its a woman that ties you down and chooses a rough 3" diameter metal pipe to anally sodomize you while you are forced to look away with a gag on. Are you telling us that will turn you on?
    But that would be a purelly physical trauma...
    "Purely"? So you would just shrug it, off once your injuries were healed?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    So lest say its a woman that ties you down and chooses a rough 3" diameter metal pipe to anally sodomize you while you are forced to look away with a gag on. Are you telling us that will turn you on?
    But that would be a purelly physical trauma...
    You base that assertion on what real world data?

    Absurd assertions with no backing data are irrelevant.

    I notice you are FULLY ignoring the substance of my post.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,890
    Watched free movie on YouTube last night called A Woman in Berlin from 2008. About April 1945 as Russian army closes in on Reichstag. Rape is the theme here, wartime yes, but from a woman’s perspective. Psychological and physical effects throughout.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Watched free movie on YouTube last night called A Woman in Berlin from 2008. About April 1945 as Russian army closes in on Reichstag. Rape is the theme here, wartime yes, but from a woman’s perspective. Psychological and physical effects throughout.
    I watched this movie. An interesting theme indeed. I wonder where those soldiers got their strength for sexual adventures during such intense battles. Personaly I would think only about food, rest and calm bed during the nights on their place. Probably their food wasn't that bad though and contained sufficient amont of proteins and vitamins. Usually April is the worst time regarding vitamins in Russia though. No efficient ways to preserve autumn harvest existed till resently. Personally for me wartime psychological stresses would be enough just to kick out any thoughts about sex out of my head completely. Probably many Russians are real machos. In any case I would prefer to live in the World where woman rape the men than the opposite.
    Last edited by Stanley514; January 12th, 2022 at 07:14 PM.
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,374
    Ahh, so your sexist as well?

    You have yet to answer to posts 12 and 13 regarding your rather blatantly false assertion in post 11
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,259
    -
    Last edited by Stanley514; January 23rd, 2022 at 07:46 PM.
    Antislavery
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Watched free movie on YouTube last night called A Woman in Berlin from 2008. About April 1945 as Russian army closes in on Reichstag. Rape is the theme here, wartime yes, but from a woman’s perspective. Psychological and physical effects throughout.
    That's strange. I thought that Germans didn't regard Russians as a humans. If an Arian woman is get raped by a male chimpanzee, does it suppose to cause a significunt trauma? How women feel about been raped by an animals? Other interesting question is a lesbian rape. Interesting, how women feel about that?
    I'm sorry, why would we as a forum entertain clearly racist, sexist, bestiality inciting, homophobic commentary?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,992
    Stanley514, please rephrase your post (#17) to make it acceptable, or ask for it to be deleted.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley514 View Post
    How is it possible to explain from biological point of view that the vast majority of men don't get traumatized by heterosexual rapes
    Um, "All of the victims reported some form of psychological disturbance as a result of being raped." My emphasis.
    I suggest that you do some research on this before spouting crap1.
    (One factor here could be that a man raped by a woman would be considered "less than manly" by society and therefore less likely to report it).


    1 And on that basis this is now moved to Personal Theories.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Stanley514, please rephrase your post (#17) to make it acceptable, or ask for it to be deleted.
    Hear, hear.

    The direction of this thread seems to be getting more and more creepy and pervy with each of "Stanley"'s posts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. what to do if someone tries to rape me ?!?!
    By xDARTHWOLFx in forum Criminology and Forensic Science
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 8th, 2013, 02:38 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 10th, 2012, 12:42 AM
  3. Horrific trauma memory replay,
    By ewynn in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 11th, 2012, 01:57 AM
  4. Brain Trauma - Martial Arts
    By ShouBox in forum Health & Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM
  5. are trauma counselors useless?
    By Jorge1907 in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •