Notices
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Theories on the physics behind autism

  1. #1 Theories on the physics behind autism 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Hello, My name is Paul Thorsen, 2 years ago I had an artistic awakening that also awakened a scientific understanding within me, I am a polymath. I am here attempting to create buzz around my music because I simply must do more science and the only way for me to do this is with artistic recognition.

    Please check my profile for my latest song.

    Onwards to the physics behind autism.

    On a very basic level my theories follow circuitry physics with each sensory organ having its own electric circuit. Voltages would be the stimulus as measured by the conglomerate of sensory cells such as the retinal cells for vision and the hair cells in the ear. The resistance would be the neural length that each electrical impulse has to follow. The current coresponds to the sensation.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    I tried to link to a study but since i'm new you should google cerebellum and autism and you sholuld get this study. The consensus on autism is that the cerebellum is at "fault" in autism. The cerebellum is an neurological organ important in sensory coordination. so if this organ was not working properly then the sense of vision and hearing may not be perfectly in tune.
    Back to the circuitry model what would happen if the resistance (neural circuit length) of one ear was a higher value then the resistance of the other ear hearing circuit.
    lets make the right ear have 2 ohm and the left have 1 ohm of resistance. This would make the current of the right ear half of the left, assuming that the voltage is the same. If as I say the current is feelings that are transmitted through the brain then the current produced in the left ear would be half of the right ear.

    In this model the lowest common denominator would be the feeling of hearing produced but the extra current would still exist as the neural pain associated with hypersensitivity.

    I hope this makes sense, if theres any problems that you have with this part of the model please don't hesistate to ask questions.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Ok so to go further into this model how would the tuning of sight and hearing occur during early brain development. Without going to far into depth my frankly ridiculous theory is that just as the ears measure air pressure waves I contend that the eyes have a primitive role in measuring air pressure/sound waves. Not to the extent that you could hear with your eyes but more in that your hearing might tune to sight through this oncoming mechanism.

    Simply put, the pressure waves of sound would cause waves across the surface of the eyeball. The light incoming through the aqueous pools would experience changes in refraction index flickering at the same frequency of the sounds effecting the eyeball. Consider what it looks like to look up at the sun from the bottom of a pool, the ripples on the surface change the direction of the light as it enters the pool.

    We have millions of retinal cells so much that it would make sense for this to be measurable, not with any acuity but enough for neural tuning to occur.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    My hunch as to the importance in everyday life of this mechanism would lie in placement of wernicke's area. The location of the brain that is most important for understanding language is located inexplicably between the audio and visual areas so much that it is either coincidence (evolution doesn't always make sense) or understanding other humans requires use of the eyes.

    I would link to it but i'm not allowed to so I suggest googling perth, schizophrenia and blindness to find a very intriguing study. People who have peripheral congenital blindness do not get schizophrenia. People who have blindness involving the brain where sight can get in through the eyes and be understood in the brain are susceptable to schizophrenia.

    Schizophrenics hear voices so wernicke's area may be an important area (or at least the neurons leading up to it from the eyes) might also be important in schizophrenia.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Right I just realised I hadn't necesarily linked this theory to autism. I'm talking about regressive autism, similar to the change experienced in schizophrenia, my thoughts are that the tuning between hearing and sight goes backwards away from each other, rather then closer in time as in with a healthy child. As for the vaccine myth, there may be some truth to individual experiences. This change would work best during a particularly traumatic occasion, giving that extra ooomph to push from normal to regressive autism. A needle may just be the trauma needed to push a child over, however that same child would have been days away from another traumatic event other then a needle that would have pushed them through into life long dependence.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,557
    This isn't a blog... Wait for responses to see if there is any interest. You are like that drunk at the party muttering to himself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Hello again, I see you aren't very happy with my intrusion, whats your name, where did you go to uni? whats your major? You seem to post alot on this forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Actually in response to PHdemon, my new forum friend, I need to ask questions, so would anyone hazard a guess as to how you could study for this ridiculous phenomena?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thorsen View Post
    Hello again, I see you aren't very happy with my intrusion, whats your name, where did you go to uni? whats your major? You seem to post alot on this forum.
    See my profile (Da Vinci would have figured that out). I don't suffer fools gladly and gladly make fools suffer...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Ok Mr PhDemon. glad we could be friends, I confess that when it comes to forums I am a fool, and you such a learn-ed man refuse to teach such a fool as me. Isn't that the most important aspect of science, I admit, I've been finding a certain unyielding nature amongst fellow scientists, an elitism that is definitely not helping the lack of trust in science. In fact I would go as far as to say you are the epitome of the average scientist who causes people to not believe in vaccines and global warming. Your coldness makes people turn to the alex jones of the world.

    So friend, whats your phd?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thorsen View Post
    I tried to link to a study but since i'm new you should google cerebellum and autism and you sholuld get this study. The consensus on autism is that the cerebellum is at "fault" in autism. The cerebellum is an neurological organ important in sensory coordination. so if this organ was not working properly then the sense of vision and hearing may not be perfectly in tune.
    Back to the circuitry model what would happen if the resistance (neural circuit length) of one ear was a higher value then the resistance of the other ear hearing circuit.
    lets make the right ear have 2 ohm and the left have 1 ohm of resistance. This would make the current of the right ear half of the left, assuming that the voltage is the same. If as I say the current is feelings that are transmitted through the brain then the current produced in the left ear would be half of the right ear.

    In this model the lowest common denominator would be the feeling of hearing produced but the extra current would still exist as the neural pain associated with hypersensitivity.

    I hope this makes sense, if theres any problems that you have with this part of the model please don't hesistate to ask questions.
    Are you on the autistic spectrum yourself?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thorsen View Post
    I tried to link to a study but since i'm new you should google cerebellum and autism and you sholuld get this study. The consensus on autism is that the cerebellum is at "fault" in autism. The cerebellum is an neurological organ important in sensory coordination. so if this organ was not working properly then the sense of vision and hearing may not be perfectly in tune.
    Back to the circuitry model what would happen if the resistance (neural circuit length) of one ear was a higher value then the resistance of the other ear hearing circuit.
    lets make the right ear have 2 ohm and the left have 1 ohm of resistance. This would make the current of the right ear half of the left, assuming that the voltage is the same. If as I say the current is feelings that are transmitted through the brain then the current produced in the left ear would be half of the right ear.

    In this model the lowest common denominator would be the feeling of hearing produced but the extra current would still exist as the neural pain associated with hypersensitivity.

    I hope this makes sense, if theres any problems that you have with this part of the model please don't hesistate to ask questions.
    Are you on the autistic spectrum yourself?
    haha yeah well never been diagnosed, I'll admit the change to polymath I thought I had fixed my autism spectrum issues but really it just enhanced a few and really fixed the others. Basically the change as best as I can describe it is losing my hypersensitivity to sounds. It used to be that depending on the reverberations of the room I could last maybe half an hour before I had to leave. However with my change I lost my hypersensitivity, it is truly marvelous
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thorsen View Post
    Ok Mr PhDemon. glad we could be friends, I confess that when it comes to forums I am a fool, and you such a learn-ed man refuse to teach such a fool as me.
    Not really a refusal, you've really given no opportunity you've just posted made up bollocks. It's hard to know where to start...
    Isn't that the most important aspect of science,
    yes, but you have to be willing to learn, you seem more interested in spawning your own crackpot theories...
    ]I admit, I've been finding a certain unyielding nature amongst fellow scientists, an elitism that is definitely not helping the lack of trust in science.
    you aren't a scientist. It is not elitist to point this out. The only people who distrust science are those who don't understand it...
    In fact I would go as far as to say you are the epitome of the average scientist who causes people to not believe in vaccines and global warming.
    Then you're a fucking idiot!
    Your coldness makes people turn to the alex jones of the world.
    Not coldness, objectivity and the willingness to call bullshit bullshit...

    So friend, whats your phd?
    https://idiscover.lib.cam.ac.uk/perm...32569710003606
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    ok its my bed time now but I seem to have garnered more of an audience then I expected so i'll go further with these thoughts and show real life ways that this mechanism has been used in our evolution. So this will probably be controversial but i'd like to start with, why do rock stars rock? Well they are rocking in rhythm to the music they are making but from my own personal experience, rockstars don't tend to rock to the rhythm before they undergo a change. Its why they are so different and charismatic. Rockstars play guitar or whatever their instrument and sing while rocking back and forth more in the nature of an autistic person rocking back and forth. Eventually through persistance (and drugs) the rocking is tuned with hearing leading to rocking in rhythm, the fabbled rockstar.

    So this pathway is an interesting pathway as it uses the ball sack of the brain, the vestibular system and tunes it to hearing. These organs are in close proximity and use similar neural pathways.

    Now I would like to compare this action of rocking back and forth and singing to religion. The most obvious example is islam, the practices of worship in islam are very similar at least in neural pathways to that of a rockstar. Christianity uses this pathway also, especially with the scientific advances of the happy clapping and speaking in tongues which is akin to rapping without meaning. (the best rappers started off with no rhythm). bhuddist monks isolate the vestibular system by staying completely still but this isolation may work in their favour in this mechanism.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,557
    You're just making shit up... I've wasted enough time reading your nonsense...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    23
    What i'm getting at is that the act of becoming a rockstar is very similar to religious awakenings. For instance kanye wests breakout song was jesus walks, he's most likely talking about himself. Now I believe that the difference between a religious awakening and schizophrenia is the mediation of the vestibular pathways within.

    Now phdemon mentioned that this is a crackpot theory, and I agree it is, however I have a way that I can prove or disprove this, I have a relevant study I would like to undertake, but this one above all requires me to be recognised as the davinci of music as the study itself is a neurological study of rockstars. Quite a claim, this davinci shit but I only wanted to be a rockstar and the science just flowed through me. This is the claim i'm sticking to. Why don't you listen to my music, its in my profile, i'd post a link but i'm too new of a poster.

    I'm going to bed, welcome to the australian renaissance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Vaccinations and Autism
    By mat5592 in forum Health & Medicine
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: April 7th, 2013, 04:10 AM
  2. Asperger Autism
    By holding4ever in forum Health & Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 11th, 2012, 04:05 AM
  3. Fundamentals of all the future New Physics Theories
    By physicsup in forum Personal Theories & Alternative Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 6th, 2010, 04:34 AM
  4. MMR and Autism
    By Darius in forum Biology
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: March 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
  5. autism
    By theQuestIsNotOver in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •