Notices
Results 1 to 53 of 53
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Strange
  • 1 Post By Harold14370
  • 3 Post By John Galt

Thread: Ideas on creation without the restrictions of time on being what we are experiencing in the present.

  1. #1 Ideas on creation without the restrictions of time on being what we are experiencing in the present. 
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Basic discussion on how creation (The big bang) could happen in the future and therefore is so strong that we exist now to create the technology to do it ourselves. I have a theory that with understanding of the present using new sciences and simple physical happiness the mind can achieve any thing through physical output using the body you control. Simply thinking that every human has their own part to play building up to the big bang happening in the future using technology which is so powerful that when it happens time itself and everything that it consists of becomes infinite. Any other thoughts on this? C M Smith.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    First thought: what?

    Since you have, so far, explained nothing (and made some pretty wild claims to boot) what exactly are you looking for as a response?


    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    It's a discussion why would i have any expectations for a response, you think i came on a forum to start fights about my ideas or are you willing to give open mindedness and possible future creation theories a chance. I had no intentions of offending you i don't see why you would come across in such a negative and upsetting way.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    I have a theory
    I am prepared to accept your theory upon demonstration of evidence which lend credibility to your hypothesis. I only require that this evidence has been duplicated and passed a peer-review process. Until then, you don't have a theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    that with understanding of the present using new sciences and simple physical happiness the mind can achieve any thing through physical output using the body you control.
    This doesn't actually mean anything. Nothing whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Simply thinking that every human has their own part to play building up to the big bang happening in the future using technology which is so powerful that when it happens time itself and everything that it consists of becomes infinite. Any other thoughts on this? C M Smith.
    My only thought is, "Where is the ibuprofen?"
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    It's a discussion why would i have any expectations for a response, you think i came on a forum to start fights about my ideas or are you willing to give open mindedness and possible future creation theories a chance. I had no intentions of offending you i don't see why you would come across in such a negative and upsetting way.
    1) How can we discuss your idea until it's thoroughly explained to us?
    2) There's a difference between having an open mind and being intellectually vacuous.
    3) Negative and upsetting? Could you point where I was "negative" in my previous post? Do you deny that there's no explanation provided? Do you deny that you've made wild (unsupported) claims in your post?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Apologies, i've only just started thinking like this and i'm not too sure of the most efficient way of exerting to others yet.

    My points in order of how I understood them:

    1. I started thinking of an unlimited scale, like zooming in on say a grain of sand x2 then x4 and so on and understanding that the names for numbers may stop but the amount of them never will. Like for 2 to exist then 1 must also, therefore every number must exist as 0 does.

    2. I applied this to time, if you split a second in half then think of it in the same way as my point above, then it must mean that everything is happening at the same time constantly. Time is a straight line but the size of it and what it really consists of is unthinkable. Lets say the big bang that our universe came from did in fact create all time on an infinite scale. So if you try comparing yourself now to if you had gone to college a year sooner and that happens in a parallel universe then thats bull because earth and everything else around it is exactly the same the only difference is the infinity of time. There's an infinite amount of universes that are an hour behind us and an infinite amount that are in that hour between us and them.

    I know a lot of this seems like philosophical blabbering but just hear me out and try to see what i'm saying for the last point.

    3. With the rate that we have evolved physically and the technology we have created to how it was 20 years ago, would it really surprise you to think that given another 2000 years of humans being alive, which seems fairly possible, that we in fact create an open big bang which has no physical image or audio, given that our eyes and ears are limited and time is not, that we in fact have to create it because we have to for the past(right now for us), the present(which is really whenever just how you experience it is different) and the future(technology so advanced that we can use a never ending power source i believe is the mind itself which is capable of thinking about absolutely anything)

    I know this all seems rash but i think that everything like the big bang came from one thing and just because we are human doesn't mean we have a proper understanding of start and beginning because we are born and only exist in our bodies for a relatively short time in comparison to the universe. I don't understand why we would exist if at some point in time we ourselves literally have the understanding to do anything we want in the universe through harnessing and understanding the never ending power and rotation of time through creation of the big bang. I honestly think we get to a point in modern society where we do create the soul and body and everything else that comes before us at that point and from then on we can do anything we want(heaven so to speak).

    I am open to any insults, suggestions or help(medical or therapeutic). I know this is big stuff to say but i'm 21, I live with my family not far from London, I dare say this to anyone i know, all i do is work and think, i am constantly feeling the souls of others in my own mind and almost getting advise in my head from random people i don't know but would love to meet and for some unknown reason have an incredibly strong feeling that human science is going to explode into infinity given a proper chance and good use along side society to eventually create the time that we and everything else live in simply because it does happen.

    I think that everything exists in this universe from every alien to maybe even other humans living many trillions of lightyears away but the edge of the universe doesn't exist there is only the slightest of difference which is time which is experienced differently depending on who you are, what you are, where you are, who you are with etc.

    If you feel i am clogging up the forum with useless mind expression then please tell me so. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    2. I applied this to time, if you split a second in half then think of it in the same way as my point above, then it must mean that everything is happening at the same time constantly.
    I see no logic in this. Things happen at different times (after all, that is what time is for: to stop everything happening at once).

    I don't see why you think that continually dividing time would change that. If things happen one minute apart, then tn=hey happen 60 seconds apart, or 60,000 milliseconds, or 60000000000000000 femtoseconds apart. However finely you divide time, they still didn't happen at the same time.

    It is possible that time is discrete or granular at some level. Or it may be continuous. We don't currently know.

    I can't make much sense of you other points either, I'm afraid.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    What do you mean time is for everything to stop happening at once?! Everything exists for it to be experienced by us and other living things other wise whats the point, how's it ever going to exist unless something creates it and gives it life. It is an extremely basic thought that if given the chance i'm adamant you will keep on coming back to, i'm certain that trying to create evidence to make a point like this is merely a waste of time and acceptance of your life serving a purpose in the build up of technology which is believe it or not is comprehensible by our own minds because we do create everything even a universe where everything already exists just the point in which we experience it is different.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    1. I started thinking of an unlimited scale, like zooming in on say a grain of sand x2 then x4 and so on and understanding that the names for numbers may stop but the amount of them never will. Like for 2 to exist then 1 must also, therefore every number must exist as 0 does.
    I'm not sure how you arrived at this conclusion from that premise.

    2. I applied this to time, if you split a second in half then think of it in the same way as my point above, then it must mean that everything is happening at the same time constantly.
    What?
    Why must it mean that?
    Time isn't numbers. Numbers aren't time.

    Time is a straight line
    Time isn't a line. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but a line is geometry.

    Lets say the big bang that our universe came from did in fact create all time on an infinite scale.
    It didn't.
    If the BB created time then, by definition it had a start and is therefore not infinite.

    So if you try comparing yourself now to if you had gone to college a year sooner and that happens in a parallel universe then thats bull because earth and everything else around it is exactly the same the only difference is the infinity of time.
    Full marks for incoherency. I have no idea what your point is.
    But I can tell you that you're making an unsupported claim.

    There's an infinite amount of universes that are an hour behind us and an infinite amount that are in that hour between us and them.
    Rampant unsupported speculation.

    I know a lot of this seems like philosophical blabbering but just hear me out and try to see what i'm saying for the last point.
    No. It doesn't sound like philosophical "blabbering" at all.
    But that's because philosophy is a rigorous discipline which replies of supported contentions and rational thinking. There's no comparison between that and what you've written.

    3. With the rate that we have evolved physically and the technology we have created to how it was 20 years ago, would it really surprise you to think that given another 2000 years of humans being alive, which seems fairly possible, that we in fact create an open big bang which has no physical image or audio, given that our eyes and ears are limited and time is not, that we in fact have to create it because we have to for the past(right now for us), the present(which is really whenever just how you experience it is different) and the future(technology so advanced that we can use a never ending power source i believe is the mind itself which is capable of thinking about absolutely anything)
    What makes you think we've evolved physically in the last 20 years?
    What makes you think we won't reach a technological plateau? Or an intellectual one?
    What makes you think time is infinite?
    What makes you think a "never ending power source" will ever be possible?

    I know this all seems rash but i think that everything like the big bang came from one thing and just because we are human doesn't mean we have a proper understanding of start and beginning because we are born and only exist in our bodies for a relatively short time in comparison to the universe. I don't understand why we would exist if at some point in time we ourselves literally have the understanding to do anything we want in the universe through harnessing and understanding the never ending power and rotation of time through creation of the big bang. I honestly think we get to a point in modern society where we do create the soul and body and everything else that comes before us at that point and from then on we can do anything we want(heaven so to speak).
    Unsupported garbled wishful thinking.

    i am constantly feeling the souls of others in my own mind and almost getting advise in my head from random people i don't know
    No you're not.

    If you feel i am clogging up the forum with useless mind expression then please tell me so. Thank you.
    Well it's certainly not science, and definitely NOT suitable for this particular sub-forum.
    Pseudoscience perhaps. At best.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    What do you mean time is for everything to stop happening at once?!
    It is a quote by some famous scientist (so famous, I can't remember his name).

    Everything exists for it to be experienced by us and other living things other wise whats the point
    The universe existed quite happily without us for nearly 14 billion years.

    p.s. try and write in short, clear, simple sentences.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Everything exists for it to be experienced by us
    That's belief, not fact.
    There is no evidence to support it.

    other wise whats the point
    There may well be no point.

    how's it ever going to exist unless something creates it and gives it life.
    What?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    It seems everyone is living in this line between religion and science because it's the best way to avoid actually having your own opinion on creation and why us humans are like we are, why are we this interested in what caused the big bang when it's something we all understand was of an infinite scale just like the infinite amount of galaxies that come from it. Imagine yourself in the future knowing the big bang has just happened on the earth that you live and understanding that in 13.7 billion years time the universe is going to be created again. The scale of it cannot be understood because of how fast something would happen to a living creature say a six hundred billionth of the size of an ant, then something a six hundred billionth smaller than that. I'm simply saying that would never stop going on and on and on etc. Someone must understand what i'm saying in that point there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    It seems everyone is living in this line between religion and science
    What?

    because it's the best way to avoid actually having your own opinion on creation
    What?

    why are we this interested in what caused the big bang when it's something we all understand was of an infinite scale
    Was it?

    Imagine yourself in the future knowing the big bang has just happened on the earth that you live and understanding that in 13.7 billion years time the universe is going to be created again. The scale of it cannot be understood because of how fast something would happen to a living creature say a six hundred billionth of the size of an ant, then something a six hundred billionth smaller than that. I'm simply saying that would never stop going on and on and on etc. Someone must understand what i'm saying in that point there.
    Possibly, maybe, YOU understand what you're saying.
    Other than that... no.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Does anyone have a positive view on what i'm trying to say rather than Dywyddr who just seems to be stuck in a rut of rejecting everything i say and merely blocking out the points i'm making with negativity. Please.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    What do you mean time is for everything to stop happening at once?!
    It is a quote by some famous scientist (so famous, I can't remember his name).

    Everything exists for it to be experienced by us and other living things other wise whats the point
    The universe existed quite happily without us for nearly 14 billion years.

    p.s. try and write in short, clear, simple sentences.
    Yes but what is 14 billion years to a creature that would live for at least 40 thousand billion years?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Please indicate, preferably with actual references, which particular creature lives that long.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Does anyone have a positive view on what i'm trying to say rather than Dywyddr who just seems to be stuck in a rut of rejecting everything i say and merely blocking out the points i'm making with negativity. Please.
    If you said anything rational, or coherent, or even accurate I'd be less inclined to reject it or be negative.

    Pseudo or Trash please mods.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    I put my life on it right now that the power and simplicity of the universe is yet to be understood and created by us and appreciated from there on in. If the case i'm making is true the only thing i can say is no wonder you two grew up in the age you did rather than being part of creating a renewable energy source and understanding that everything must be created to exist. You would say an elephant is almighty because it's a lot bigger than you, when God created time which is infinite as there clearly must of been something before the big bang then trying to prove your on point is stupidity beyond understanding.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    If we exist with the size of the universe being as infinite as it is i'm pretty positive that every single thing exists that can't be witnessed with a micro/telescope, only your mind. Why would mods mind about someone expressing their views on a forum when this it was it's here for? Just because you've spent years sat on your computer objecting to others views nearly 5000 times i don't see why you feel the need to be stuck in your own depressing and completely unnecessary ways.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    I put my life on it right now that the power and simplicity of the universe is yet to be understood and created by us and appreciated from there on in.
    So, basically, you're saying that you have absolutely zero evidence but a very strong belief.

    If the case i'm making is true the only thing i can say is no wonder you two grew up in the age you did rather than being part of creating a renewable energy source and understanding that everything must be created to exist.
    Apart from that post being mostly garbled there appears to be some sort of slur against my generation. Maybe you're forgetting exactly what my generation actually did ofr the world.

    You would say an elephant is almighty because it's a lot bigger than you
    Whut?

    when God
    Please, what evidence do you have for "god"?

    created time which is infinite
    Speculation on your part - refuted by your own argument in a previous post.

    as there clearly must of been something before the big bang
    Must there?
    And even if there "must" have been "something" how does that indicate that time existed?

    then trying to prove your on point is stupidity beyond understanding.
    And on to the insults...
    Ho hum.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Imagine the LHC being in the open with no boundaries.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    If we exist with the size of the universe being as infinite as it is
    Is it infinite?

    i'm pretty positive that every single thing exists that can't be witnessed with a micro/telescope, only your mind.
    What?
    Could you write in English please?

    Why would mods mind about someone expressing their views on a forum when this it was it's here for?
    Um, possibly because A) this is a science forum - and science is distinctly absent from your posts and B) this is, specifically, the Cosmology & Astronomy sub-forum - not the "wild guess and fanatic belief" one.

    Just because you've spent years sat on your computer objecting to others views nearly 5000 times i don't see why you feel the need to be stuck in your own depressing and completely unnecessary ways.
    Oh, you can't even read a "join" date can you? Months, not years.
    And don't presume anything about my "ways" - you haven't the first clue.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Imagine the LHC being in the open with no boundaries.
    You clearly don't know how the LHC works, do you?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    I bet your thai bride understands what i'm saying better than you Mr Genius Duck. You're acting like time on a clock isn't just a measurement of the earth rotating around the sun! I'm sorry but i've never known someone to be so self minded and clearly self conscious in my entire life. The big bang was created so that life can create the big bang, we aren't alive for no good reason buddy, wait and see. Take care.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    I bet your thai bride understands what i'm saying better than you Mr Genius Duck.
    You're rather good at facile unfounded assumptions aren't you?

    You're acting like time on a clock isn't just a measurement of the earth rotating around the sun!
    What?

    I'm sorry but i've never known someone to be so self minded and clearly self conscious in my entire life.
    And another assumption. Or maybe you're just using entirely the wrong words.

    The big bang was created so that life can create the big bang
    Unfounded speculation.
    Zero evidence.
    Unsupported belief.

    we aren't alive for no good reason buddy, wait and see. Take care.
    Another assumption.
    And I'm not your buddy - I'm selective and tend to avoid befriending those who have difficulty thinking rationally.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    You obviously live a hollow life, you seem to understand that anything is possible but completely ignore that just because there is no evidence for something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. What do you mean What? Is that all you can say when you're stumped by the blatantly obvious, a clock is created by us so we know how much light we'll be receiving and when basically, your fragile little mind obviously can't be bothered to help those out who are trying to help everyone so you decide to quote and mock when given the chance. You are a fool with some understanding of the book but no understanding of what the mind can do and no wanting to understand that time was created by man just because of that fact it doesn't mean that he can't experience it. If you quote me one more time rather than write 20 or more of your own words then don't even bother expecting a reply.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    You obviously live a hollow life, you seem to understand that anything is possible but completely ignore that just because there is no evidence for something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. What do you mean What? Is that all you can say when you're stumped by the blatantly obvious, a clock is created by us so we know how much light we'll be receiving and when basically, your fragile little mind obviously can't be bothered to help those out who are trying to help everyone so you decide to quote and mock when given the chance. You are a fool with some understanding of the book but no understanding of what the mind can do and no wanting to understand that time was created by man just because of that fact it doesn't mean that he can't experience it. If you quote me one more time rather than write 20 or more of your own words then don't even bother expecting a reply.

    Rather than providing the references asked by different members that could validate your ideas, you resort to personal attacks?
    You are aware that such actions are against paragraphs 2(b) and 4(f) in the Science Forum Guidelines and could result into a ban?
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Sorry, i didn't mean to react when provoked. I would just rather someone with their own personal opinion rather than quotations and well thought about 3 word answers.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    You obviously live a hollow life
    Failed assumption. Again.

    you seem to understand that anything is possible
    That would be incorrect.

    but completely ignore that just because there is no evidence for something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist
    But if there's no evidence then anything you say about that thing is pure speculation.

    What do you mean What?
    I mean "What?" As in WTF are you talking about? You made a claim about how I'm "acting" without referencing what gave rise to that (incorrect) assumption.

    Is that all you can say when you're stumped by the blatantly obvious, a clock is created by us so we know how much light we'll be receiving and when basically
    Wrong.

    You are a fool with some understanding of the book but no understanding of what the mind can do
    Also wrong.

    time was created by man just because of that fact
    That's not only NOT a fact it's completely wrong.

    If you quote me one more time rather than write 20 or more of your own words then don't even bother expecting a reply.
    There's little point me posting anything at the moment - you need an education so that you might be able to understand what you'd be told.
    So far you've displayed a remarkable ignorance of facts.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Humans believed that the earth was flat, this was a fact at some point in time not that long ago considering how long the universe has existed. Lack of imagination and no true acceptance of other beings existing almost makes you see philosophy as your enemy rather than it all being explanation of science.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Humans believed that the earth was flat, this was a fact at some point in time not that long ago considering how long the universe has existed.
    So what?

    Lack of imagination
    Assumption.

    and no true acceptance of other beings existing
    Other beings? In what sense?

    almost makes you see philosophy as your enemy rather than it all being explanation of science.
    Oh spectacularly wrong!
    I happen to love philosophy.
    Unfortunately for you what you're doing is NOT philosophy. Nor is it anywhere close to being so.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    It seems everyone is living in this line between religion and science
    No.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Does anyone have a positive view on what i'm trying to say rather than Dywyddr who just seems to be stuck in a rut of rejecting everything i say and merely blocking out the points i'm making with negativity. Please.
    As far as I can tell, it is all either incomprehensible or wrong. I suspect the incomprehensible bits are wrong as well, but who can tell.
    Dywyddyr likes this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Fair enough, i don't blame you two for not even bothering with trying to work with the points i'm making rather shutting me down and forcing to repeat myself for the sake of your blessed reputation. I suspect you would probably have to get someone in your care home to type for you to even make a worthwhile attempt anyway. Much love.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    So, your basic thought (not theory) is that the Big Bang will be the engineered product of some future entities who evolve from humanity? Is that correct?

    If that is what you mean, do you have any evidence for this possibility?

    If there is no evidence, do you have any reason to favour this particular future over any other ones we might speculate about?

    Moderator Comment: Moved to New Hypotheses and Ideas.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Favouring it is would be from preference, which option sounds better to the mind not from understanding that creation has to be done at some point for everything to exist. Do you think that technology is limited by anything? People would have been murdered for claiming a few hundred years ago that you could use something smaller than your hand to speak to anyone you ever wanted across the globe.

    I think that technology we create becomes so strong down the line along with understanding that anything is possible as long as sufficient time and effort is invested, that we do in fact create time in the first place. It may have happened/be happening in parallel universes where the only slightest of difference is time itself but it needs to be done on this earth with these bodies that we have so that it can keep on happening and so that life can constantly exist.

    I have always loved science in school but not touched upon it outside of my mind since i left so i don't know what to do except play and listen to music, continuously work hard for the poor rate that i do and write my strong opinions to whoever is interested on this website to hope that i can inspire others to express their thoughts like i have done with mine.

    There isn't really current evidence only certain thoughts that are so strong using method of deduction over the last year or so and the only solid thought that i really feel safe with is that by putting faith and effort with future technology we really do cause the big bang.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Do you think that technology is limited by anything?
    No.
    I know technology is limited.
    By reality.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Dude i don't want to offend you but it's a lot more interesting airing my thoughts to my dog rather than you, i would quite like to make the most of my time being alive and this website by talking to people that do want to have a genuine conversation about what we are thinking rather than yourself.

    What if reality is a product of technology though, there is no smoke without fire, fire with out necessary ingredients, and those ingredients do not exist unless they were created by something. Time if perceived as being a physical product, consists of absolutely everything i think whether we experience it on the earth or not. The future holds an awful lot more than what your great mind seems to have learnt and finds excruciatingly hard to question from the last 30 years.

    Please don't bother writing to me any more i don't want to talk to you for the time being whilst there are others who do actually seem to like asking me what i am on about. Equality does exist to everyone everywhere whether you agree with it or not daffy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Dude i don't want to offend you but it's a lot more interesting airing my thoughts to my dog rather than you
    Because your dog isn't smart enough to point out where you're wrong?

    What if reality is a product of technology though
    At best that's an unsupported supposition.
    At worst...

    there is no smoke without fire
    You think?

    fire with out necessary ingredients, and those ingredients do not exist unless they were created by something
    For a given definition of "something", sure.

    Time if perceived as being a physical product, consists of absolutely everything i think whether we experience it on the earth or not.
    No.

    The future holds an awful lot more than what your great mind seems to have learnt and finds excruciatingly hard to question from the last 30 years.
    In order: of course and wrong.

    Equality does exist to everyone everywhere whether you agree with it or not daffy.
    Blatantly and self-evidently false.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    What else did i write in that comment that you just so happen to not quote... please stop writing to me you fragile and overly self conscious waste of space! Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    I have always loved science in school ...............and the only solid thought that i really feel safe with is that by putting faith and effort with future technology we really do cause the big bang.
    A love of science is difficult to reconcile with believing something just because it appeals to you.

    We shall develop some amazing technology, but predictions of what will emerge have been notoriously inaccurate. It's fine to have a thought or two about possibilities, but latching onto one of an infinity of possibilities because it feels right is not science. It is just about as anti-science as you can get without being a creationist.


    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    What else did i write in that comment that you just so happen to not quote... please stop writing to me you fragile and overly self conscious waste of space! Thank you.
    Any member is free to comment on and question the posts of other members. While the Duck is terse and robust in his style his observations on your thoughts have, for the most part, been pertinent and accurate. You would benefit from learning the art of critical thinking and then applying it to your own thoughts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Yeah nice one where did you get the inspiration for the smoke machine website gag? That has to be one of the funniest and most original laughs i have ever experienced!!! Hahahaahaha.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    What else did i write in that comment that you just so happen to not quote.
    You seem to be unaware that it's a forum.
    All posts are open to reply by all members.
    The only way you're going to prevent me pointing out the nonsense in your posts is simple - don't post nonsense.

    PS I left out your pseudo-pyschological assessment, even though it's as wrong as just about everything else you post.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    Alright well i'll have to come back on here in a couple of years time when that other guys been locked up by the NSPCC and i have more solid thoughts/maybe even evidence to reinforce what i'm saying even though it shouldn't really be necessary.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    even though it shouldn't really be necessary.
    Wholly wrong.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Freshman CallumMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    44
    You seem to be unaware that this is a conversation between people a lot like every other, if you'd have spoke to my face like you have done on here then i would have without doubt broken your senile jaw and carried on talking to other people that actually enjoy meaningful conversation to save all of this pointlessness between us.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    Yeah nice one where did you get the inspiration for the smoke machine website gag? That has to be one of the funniest and most original laughs i have ever experienced!!! Hahahaahaha.
    Would you care to explain what that means?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    if you'd have spoke to my face like you have done on here then i would have without doubt broken your senile jaw
    Ah right.
    What is it they say?
    Violence is the first resort of the incompetent?
    (Is that because the veiled accusation of paedophilia didn't satisfy your need to insult me?)

    and carried on talking to other people that actually enjoy meaningful conversation to save all of this pointlessness between us.
    But you haven't supplied ANY contribution toward a meaningful conversation.

    Edit: I will point this out for you, and you really should take note: this is a science forum. Not a chat site. That's the main difference as to how your "conversation" is treated. Raising your "ideas" in a pub chat 1 is one thing, bringing them up here is altogether another.

    1 Although I will state, categorically, that in my local you'd be given equally short shrift. Or dumped in a taxi and sent home suspected of having over done the pop.
    Last edited by Dywyddyr; August 10th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Wow. He was banned just in the course of me flipping pages.

    I guess what I was about to add wasn't particularly useful anyways so maybe the mods just saved me a couple minutes of my life.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMSmith View Post
    You seem to be unaware that this is a conversation between people a lot like every other, if you'd have spoke to my face like you have done on here then i would have without doubt broken your senile jaw and carried on talking to other people that actually enjoy meaningful conversation to save all of this pointlessness between us.
    This is not an acceptable manner of discussion on this forum, so you get a week off. When and if you return, try to make your posts more logical and scientific. Thus far, it's just been nonsense.
    Cogito Ergo Sum likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    What is it they say?
    Violence is the first resort of the incompetent?
    Actually, that is not what 'they' say; they say it is the last resort.

    I first encountered "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" in an Asimov book (one of the Foundation books, I think).
    But, from my arrogant over-estimation that I am competent, I have always thought that violence is not the best 'first resort', and that other options should be considered.
    Granted, sometimes there are no other options, but then violence is both the first and last resort.
    (I wonder if it is similar to people saying "I could care less!".)

    I am glad I am not the only person that thinks immediate violence is not a sign of competence.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,780
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I first encountered "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" in an Asimov book (one of the Foundation books, I think).
    Yes!
    That's where I read it.
    And, much along the same lines as you, reworked it in my head into "first".
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I first encountered "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" in an Asimov book
    In a summer vacation job I worked alongside a fellow - we'll call him Brian. Brian was a rough and ready sort who had left school at the earliest opportunity. We would hold long 'philosophical' conversations of the type I remember as being prevalent among teens. I met up with him again several years later and he remarked as follows:

    "You remember you used to talk about logic and properly reasoned argument? Well, I followed your advice for a time. If someone said something to me I disagreed with I would question them on their reasons for that belief, point out fallacies in their argument and offer counter views. But now I just hit them. I find it saves a lot of time."
    sculptor, RedPanda and Dywyddyr like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Morning-after pill loses age restrictions in U.S.A.
    By Cogito Ergo Sum in forum Politics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: June 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
  2. Experiencing extreme difficulty with waking up in the morning.
    By rladngus in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
  3. Are we living in the time of present
    By manusaaa1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
  4. short excitation - EM-Fields - restrictions
    By MishaRD in forum Electrical and Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
  5. Time Travel, all your ideas.....
    By Alice in forum Physics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •