Notices
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By adelady
  • 1 Post By Dywyddyr

Thread: Hypothetical Mathematical Universe

  1. #1 Hypothetical Mathematical Universe 
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    My hypothesis is this that


    "Every action, incident, event, force, thing , etc in this universe can be proved mathematically. There is no other
    explanation for ANYTHING other than mathematical explanation"


    (Religion and materialism are not incorporated in this Hypothesis. and please keep those at distance)


    You may better understand the universe in terms of mathematics than any other science. Mathematics only shows how universe works. It is not good or bad. It only is.


    My purpose of investigating this is to show that true science is only mathematics. And we should start using it as soon as possible in our daily lives. Other languages are full of emotions, vague feelings, perceptions, useless waste of time and against the true purpose of man in this universe. As in mathematics there is only one answer which is true. it is 100% objective. We better start talking in mathematics!

    And other purpose is to prepare for future ET contact. As the only language that they will understand is Mathematics.

    And other purpose is to build an interpreter/translator which translates our common language into mathematics as done in computer language (machine language is converted to English or any other language).


    Effect of this drastic change in our daily lives will be awesome. our progress will be great. Just imagine a new world full of mathematical living beings having full power over their emotions and actions. They will not be robots or any kind of supercomputers.And surely this hypothetical world will not be based on virtual reality.

    Clarification: I am not atheist or materialist or extreme religious type person.
    Kindly give your opinions whether such hypothetical world is possible or not? and prove my hypothesis. Mathematicians are invited here.

    Thank You All
    (Precious Thought)


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Even if that is true (and it may be) that does not necessarily mean that we can always "do" the relevant mathematics. It may just be too complicated to solve, or it may be almost impossible to get enough information. For example, we do not currently have good automatic translation tools because we do not fully understand the processes involved and so we rely on a largely statistical approach instead. (Although, of course, statistics is a branch of mathematics. )

    But there will always be problems we cannot solve.


    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Even if that is true (and it may be) that does not necessarily mean that we can always "do" the relevant mathematics. It may just be too complicated to solve, or it may be almost impossible to get enough information. For example, we do not currently have good automatic translation tools because we do not fully understand the processes involved and so we rely on a largely statistical approach instead. (Although, of course, statistics is a branch of mathematics. )

    But there will always be problems we cannot solve.
    as usual , strange you are real man of science.
    we started both on this forum at same time. now you are just some guy, and i am still junior member.

    this hypothesis of mine looks completely unrealistic. but i wanted to know how people here think about such universe where mathematics is everything for everybody. strange you have really pointed some drawbacks/weaknesses in your post. i will consider them in drafting conclusion for this hypothesis.
    thank you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    Other languages are full of emotions, vague feelings, perceptions, useless waste of time and against the true purpose of man in this universe.
    And who's to say that the "true purpose of man" in this universe is that we should ensure that we avoid every opportunity to make the most of our perceptions. To enjoy or create beauty, to write or perform or hear wonderful music, to write or read inspiring words? Is it a waste of time to carve delicate inscriptions or embroider beautiful fabrics or weave luxurious carpets or to learn to blow exquisite glass ornaments?

    Your prescription for "the true purpose" of people living on this gloriously unique planet sounds a bit puritan and joyless to me. Perhaps you need to find a better way to say what you mean.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    My hypothesis is this that
    "Every action, incident, event, force, thing , etc in this universe can be proved mathematically. There is no other explanation for ANYTHING other than mathematical explanation"
    Please support this.

    My purpose of investigating this is to show that true science is only mathematics.
    So what's your definition of science? Apparently it's not the same as the rest of the world. Or science itself.

    And we should start using it as soon as possible in our daily lives.
    So how do we apply mathematics to choosing which partner to have?

    the true purpose of man in this universe.
    Please show that there actually is a "true purpose of man".

    And other purpose is to prepare for future ET contact.
    And when is this due?

    As the only language that they will understand is Mathematics.
    Assumption.

    Effect of this drastic change in our daily lives will be awesome. our progress will be great.
    How do you say "Give me a pound of apples, crisp green ones please" mathematically?

    Just imagine a new world full of mathematical living beings having full power over their emotions and actions.
    How does using maths give us control over our emotions and actions?

    Clarification: I am not atheist or materialist or extreme religious type person.
    I like the way you differentiate tyourself from "extreme" religious types.

    Kindly give your opinions whether such hypothetical world is possible or not? and prove my hypothesis. Mathematicians are invited here.
    If it's your hypothesis (and one for which you have, thus far, provided exactly zero supporting evidence) why should we prove it for you?

    (Precious Thought)
    Precious little thought, seemingly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by adelady View Post
    Other languages are full of emotions, vague feelings, perceptions, useless waste of time and against the true purpose of man in this universe.
    And who's to say that the "true purpose of man" in this universe is that we should ensure that we avoid every opportunity to make the most of our perceptions. To enjoy or create beauty, to write or perform or hear wonderful music, to write or read inspiring words? Is it a waste of time to carve delicate inscriptions or embroider beautiful fabrics or weave luxurious carpets or to learn to blow exquisite glass ornaments?

    Your prescription for "the true purpose" of people living on this gloriously unique planet sounds a bit puritan and joyless to me. Perhaps you need to find a better way to say what you mean.
    you have become emotional. i think my hypothesis has hurt you. sorry.
    i know this is not true purpose of man to feel and act like robot with minimum use of time and energy. but keeping in view of our limited life time span, why should we not try to be rational mathematical beings with minimum interest in arts and philosophy.
    thank you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    i know this is not true purpose of man
    Really?
    How do you know this? Or do you simply mean that it's your belief?

    but keeping in view of our limited life time span, why should we not try to be rational mathematical beings with minimum interest in arts and philosophy.
    You still haven't explained what a "rational mathematical being" is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    "rational mathematical being"
    who does not waste time on irrelevant things. He thinks and acts mathematically. Though he is interested in all sciences but translates them into mathematics and use them. as book of philosophy / arts (of 10000 pages) will be translated in mathematics (2 to 3 pages) (possible In future). This saves time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    who does not waste time on irrelevant things.
    Right. And how do you decide what is "relevant" or not?

    He thinks and acts mathematically.
    I'll ask again:
    How do you say "Give me a pound of apples, crisp green ones please" mathematically?
    as book of philosophy / arts (of 10000 pages) will be translated in mathematics (2 to 3 pages) (possible In future).
    And your evidence for this supposition would be...? What, exactly?

    Can't answer this one:?
    Really?
    How do you know this? Or do you simply mean that it's your belief?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    who does not waste time on irrelevant things.
    Right. And how do you decide what is "relevant" or not?
    which cause waste of time is irrelevant.

    He thinks and acts mathematically.
    I'll ask again:
    How do you say "Give me a pound of apples, crisp green ones please" mathematically?
    he can not eat mathematics. sorry

    as book of philosophy / arts (of 10000 pages) will be translated in mathematics (2 to 3 pages) (possible In future).
    And your evidence for this supposition would be...? What, exactly?
    already provided example. computer language.

    Can't answer this one:?
    Really?
    How do you know this? Or do you simply mean that it's your belief?
    it is hypothesis, still to be proved to be called as belief.
    at least prove this hypothesis in theory. where are mathematicians of this forum? as i am not.

    It seems this hypothesis has made scientific members of this forum think emotionally. Funny, huh!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    which cause waste of time is irrelevant.
    Er, you still have to specify what "waste of time" means. In whose opinion? (So far the biggest waste of time appears to reading your posts).

    he can not eat mathematics. sorry
    I didn't say that. Read what I wrote.

    already provided example. computer language.
    No you didn't "provide evidence". You made a claim. How do you translate all of art into mathematics? All of philosophy?

    it is hypothesis, still to be proved to be called as belief.
    No, it's NOT a hypothesis: it's a wild, unsupported guess.

    at least prove this hypothesis in theory. where are mathematicians of this forum? as i am not.
    And you're not even good at backing up your own claims.
    1) it's YOUR guess (not hypothesis), why should anyone else prove it for you?
    2) what supporting evidence do you have?
    3) if you're not a mathematician how will you recognise (or understand) this proof?

    It seems this hypothesis has made scientific members of this forum think emotionally. Funny, huh!
    No, what's funny is that you can't see actual, logical, questions as the valid questions that they are and suppose them to be "emotional".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    which cause waste of time is irrelevant.
    Er, you still have to specify what "waste of time" means. In whose opinion? (So far the biggest waste of time appears to reading your posts).
    in my opinion. as i have produced hypothesis. it is sort of waste of time when we indulge emotions by reading Arts /Philosophy books. (Said only to support hypothesis)

    he can not eat mathematics. sorry
    I didn't say that. Read what I wrote.
    sorry , i didnt understand that. still that mathematics translator is not invented to translate your statement. but keep in mind that emotions , feelings will not be associated with this type of talk.

    already provided example. computer language.
    No you didn't "provide evidence". You made a claim. How do you translate all of art into mathematics? All of philosophy?
    that is next step. first we have to bring mathematics into our life. as we have evolved into this form after thousands of years. this will aslo take time.

    it is hypothesis, still to be proved to be called as belief.
    No, it's NOT a hypothesis: it's a wild, unsupported guess.
    it is called hypothesis, my dear

    at least prove this hypothesis in theory. where are mathematicians of this forum? as i am not.
    And you're not even good at backing up your own claims.
    1) it's YOUR guess (not hypothesis), why should anyone else prove it for you?
    2) what supporting evidence do you have?
    3) if you're not a mathematician how will you recognise (or understand) this proof?

    I had blueprints in my mind, i produced them here on proper forum. yes i am not good at my own claims. does this make any difference with respect to this hypothesis

    1) this is my hypothesis, and as it is a bit logical and a bit scientific , so some people will come absolutely to help me make conclusion.
    2) this whole universe is mystery. mathematics is only key to solve this mystery. our anger, feelings, love can be converted into mathematical equations that will help human kind to find best possible trajectory towards evolution.
    without mathematics no science is complete. if there is no math there is no science. earlier we understand better it will be for us. it looks ridiculous but it is truth.
    3) because i am part of this mathematical universe.


    It seems this hypothesis has made scientific members of this forum think emotionally. Funny, huh!
    No, what's funny is that you can't see actual, logical, questions as the valid questions that they are and suppose them to be "emotional".

    first time in history of this forum there is a conspiracy against all sciences except mathematics. how can anybody here tolerate this. (this comment is made for fun. i dont own my this comment). i know there is omething missing from my this hypothesis. your comments are making me realise this. thank you.
    i am sweating while defending my this gross hypothesis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    in my opinion. as i have produced hypothesis. it is sort of waste of time when we indulge emotions by reading Arts /Philosophy books. (Said only to support hypothesis)
    Right. Your personal unsupported opinion. Why should we take any notice of that?

    sorry , i didnt understand that. still that mathematics translator is not invented to translate your statement. but keep in mind that emotions , feelings will not be associated with this type of talk.
    Still missing the point. You made a claim. Support it.

    that is next step. first we have to bring mathematics into our life. as we have evolved into this form after thousands of years. this will aslo take time.
    Once again: you made a specific claim. With zero evidence to support it.

    it is called hypothesis, my dear
    Maybe you should learn something:
    "A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still have to be rigorously tested." Wiki.
    You have a guess.

    I had blueprints in my mind, i produced them here on proper forum. yes i am not good at my own claims. does this make any difference with respect to this hypothesis
    Of course it does.
    Why should anyone take any time to help you when all you have is unsubstantiated wild-ass guesses?

    1) this is my hypothesis, and as it is a bit logical and a bit scientific , so some people will come absolutely to help me make conclusion.
    It is not a hypothesis, nor is it logical and nor is it scientific.

    2) this whole universe is mystery. mathematics is only key to solve this mystery.
    Assumption.

    our anger, feelings, love can be converted into mathematical equations
    Assumption.

    that will help human kind to find best possible trajectory towards evolution.
    You don't understand evolution either, do you?

    without mathematics no science is complete. if there is no math there is no science.
    So what?
    You have yet to show (or even provide support for your contention) that everyone "being scientific" is an advantage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    you have become emotional. i think my hypothesis has hurt you. sorry.
    What on earth made you think I was emotional, let alone hurt?

    This notion that people waste time doing the things that people do is a bit silly. How would anyone mathematically change a nappy, or teach a toddler to feed herself or help an unconfident schoolkid with his homework or coach a team of 10 year olds playing hockey?

    And we should always remember that the whole objective of having a dinner party (or a BBQ) or doing a jigsaw alone or playing cards or a board game with friends is to spend your time enjoyably.

    Our lives may be short. But they're not so short that we shouldn't stop and smell the roses every chance we get.
    precious likes this.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,786
    Explain mathematically why I suffer periodically from depression, then I will embrace a hypothetical mathematical universe theory. This is, however, interesting to explain many things objectively.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    in my opinion. as i have produced hypothesis. it is sort of waste of time when we indulge emotions by reading Arts /Philosophy books. (Said only to support hypothesis)
    Right. Your personal unsupported opinion. Why should we take any notice of that?

    actually you have taken notice. thanks for your concern

    sorry , i didnt understand that. still that mathematics translator is not invented to translate your statement. but keep in mind that emotions , feelings will not be associated with this type of talk.
    Still missing the point. You made a claim. Support it.

    mathematics translator is the need of time. do you want me to translate some statement into mathematics? how can i when it is yet to be invented.

    that is next step. first we have to bring mathematics into our life. as we have evolved into this form after thousands of years. this will aslo take time.
    Once again: you made a specific claim. With zero evidence to support it.

    see how computer evolved, this is what i am saying is that, It will take time.
    The Five Generations of Computers Explained - Webopedia.com


    it is called hypothesis, my dear
    Maybe you should learn something:
    "A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still have to be rigorously tested." Wiki.
    You have a guess.

    ok i have a pseudo hypothesis, according to your view.

    I had blueprints in my mind, i produced them here on proper forum. yes i am not good at my own claims. does this make any difference with respect to this hypothesis
    Of course it does.
    Why should anyone take any time to help you when all you have is unsubstantiated wild-ass guesses?

    ok, i am not discouraged.
    1) this is my hypothesis, and as it is a bit logical and a bit scientific , so some people will come absolutely to help me make conclusion.
    It is not a hypothesis, nor is it logical and nor is it scientific.

    may be

    2) this whole universe is mystery. mathematics is only key to solve this mystery.
    Assumption.

    i think it is fact not assumption , and i think you dont believe (trust etc) in me
    our anger, feelings, love can be converted into mathematical equations
    Assumption.
    it is part of hypothesis, yet to be proved

    that will help human kind to find best possible trajectory towards evolution.
    You don't understand evolution either, do you?

    yes off course.
    without mathematics no science is complete. if there is no math there is no science.
    So what? You have yet to show (or even provide support for your contention) that everyone "being scientific" is an advantage.

    this statement is funny. why do you think remain being scientific is not advantage? against this forum to make such statements. huh! (just for fun)
    you have well understood the technicalities here. you can question my knowledge but you can hardly question validity of this hypothesis.
    According to you it cant be proved because there are no mathematical beings , there is no mathematics translator, and rest of this hypothesis is a big assumption of mine.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    actually you have taken notice. thanks for your concern
    Not even close.

    do you want me to translate some statement into mathematics? how can i when it is yet to be invented.
    In other words you're piling unfounded speculation on top of unfounded speculation.

    see how computer evolved, this is what i am saying is that, It will take time.
    The Five Generations of Computers Explained - Webopedia.com

    And more unfounded speculation.

    ok i have a pseudo hypothesis, according to your view.
    No. You have a guess.

    may be
    No.

    i think it is fact not assumption , and i think you dont believe (trust etc) in me
    You THINK it's not an assumption? Yet you can't (or for some reason don't wish to) support it.

    it is part of hypothesis, yet to be proved
    You don't have a hypothesis. And yet more unfounded speculation.

    yes off course.

    No, you don't. If you understood evolution how can you make claims like "best possible trajectory towards evolution"? We ARE evolving, now, it's not something you "move towards".

    this statement is funny. why do you think remain being scientific is not advantage? against this forum to make such statements.

    Fail. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm asking why YOU believe that EVERYONE "being scientific" is an advantage. Why we should relinquish art, philosophy, lazy Sundays...

    you have well understood the technicalities here. you can question my knowledge but you can hardly question validity of this hypothesis.
    Wrong again.
    You have no hypothesis, and, so far, your guess has zero validity to question.

    According to you it cant be proved because there are no mathematical beings
    Please learn to read.

    and rest of this hypothesis is a big assumption of mine.
    No, the ENTIRE "hypothesis" is an assumption.
    Hypotheses are formed to explain observations. You, apparently, have none to explain.
    precious likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Senior precious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    i have found a related thread on this forum.
    Is nature just another Equation?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,030
    It's related only in that it has mathematics in the question.
    That thread ASKS if an equation is "at the root" of nature, you, on the other hand, are proposing that we confine human behaviour and thought to mathematics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Hypothetical Scenerio
    By Gnostic_Pneumatic in forum Physics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
  2. Hypothetical ICBM Question
    By rconor in forum Military Technology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
  3. a hypothetical question
    By starjones in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
  4. Hypothetical
    By Deathridesahorse in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
  5. A hypothetical planet
    By UKDutyPaid in forum Astronomy & Cosmology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •