Notices
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Wishes versus Science

  1. #1 Wishes versus Science 
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    POOR OBSERVATIONS It’s not that people observe totally differently, it’s that some people outright neglect what they don’t wish for, not even taking it in—not doing any observing of fact at all, for the lone right brain wants what it wants, turning some of its neural sensations into the bare naked claims of magic. They might, if they want their imaginary notion bad enough—even go against all of evolution’s evidence. To do that, they might even go against all of science. Going further, some might even say that the brain does nothing. Yet, they present nothing but words, saying that, if pressed, that evidence is not even possible or conceivable, all the while pushing against science and facts by the lame and obvious ploy of calling them ‘opinions’ or ‘beliefs’, mostly because they have no real way to push forward with their invisible imaginaries.

    They’ll even get mad if one brings this or the invisibleness to their attention, although, as we know, anger has no brains. They think that getting mad shows how right they must be. They are not driven by facts, but just by what they want. They might even do a total reverse, grasping onto some ‘science’ that hints of what they wish for, but this usually turns out to be ‘pseudo science’. Such is the psychology of the human condition though.

    Yet, reality cannot made out of wishes. Science, on the other hand, is not just half of one person’s brain (the right), but is the real information and research of people who have found things out that can be repeated and shown, again and again. They don’t use magic power; they use confirmed information, such as that molecule signatures can be recorded on Earth at low temperatures; then, when they observe space through telescopes, they can match the molecules’ signatures, say, then obtain information that there are prebiotic molecules out there that could lead to life. Same with fossils and DNA, which match, by the way.

    Then there still always comes along some lone right brain proclaiming magic powers to say that, for example, God is sending me some golden plates with which to extend the Bible; of course then, no one is allowed to see the plates, plus, then they inexplicably get ‘stolen’. Peace is not at hand.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Wishes versus Science 
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    POOR OBSERVATIONS It’s not that people observe totally differently, it’s that some people outright neglect what they don’t wish for, not even taking it in—not doing any observing of fact at all, for the lone right brain wants what it wants, turning some of its neural sensations into the bare naked claims of magic. They might, if they want their imaginary notion bad enough—even go against all of evolution’s evidence. To do that, they might even go against all of science. Going further, some might even say that the brain does nothing. Yet, they present nothing but words, saying that, if pressed, that evidence is not even possible or conceivable, all the while pushing against science and facts by the lame and obvious ploy of calling them ‘opinions’ or ‘beliefs’, mostly because they have no real way to push forward with their invisible imaginaries.

    They’ll even get mad if one brings this or the invisibleness to their attention, although, as we know, anger has no brains. They think that getting mad shows how right they must be. They are not driven by facts, but just by what they want. They might even do a total reverse, grasping onto some ‘science’ that hints of what they wish for, but this usually turns out to be ‘pseudo science’. Such is the psychology of the human condition though.

    Yet, reality cannot made out of wishes. Science, on the other hand, is not just half of one person’s brain (the right), but is the real information and research of people who have found things out that can be repeated and shown, again and again. They don’t use magic power; they use confirmed information, such as that molecule signatures can be recorded on Earth at low temperatures; then, when they observe space through telescopes, they can match the molecules’ signatures, say, then obtain information that there are prebiotic molecules out there that could lead to life. Same with fossils and DNA, which match, by the way.

    Then there still always comes along some lone right brain proclaiming magic powers to say that, for example, God is sending me some golden plates with which to extend the Bible; of course then, no one is allowed to see the plates, plus, then they inexplicably get ‘stolen’. Peace is not at hand.
    You have been posting now for just over 2 weeks, a current total of 268 posts. Is there any chance that you might, sometime, somewhere, perhaps as just a fluke, actually say something ?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Wishes versus Science 
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRocket
    You have been posting now for just over 2 weeks, a current total of 268 posts. Is there any chance that you might, sometime, somewhere, perhaps as just a fluke, actually say something ?
    Coincidentally, I ignored him just a few minutes before reading this post.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    And I even supported your 'no free will' claim, Ellatha, saying something much more about it than you managed to, so just keep on ignoring, for others don't. These posts are not for you at all who have literally nothing that you can say to the topic at all, even in your own thread on no free will, so, I won't be seeing you around at all. Nice not knowing you.

    Feeling ugly inside today, are you? Try some more words on the no free will stuff, as I did, so it doesn't just sit there as a kind of pronouncement on time forward and time past.

    Now, go travel somewhere without map-quest and get lost.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Wishes versus Science 
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRocket
    You have been posting now for just over 2 weeks, a current total of 268 posts. Is there any chance that you might, sometime, somewhere, perhaps as just a fluke, actually say something ?
    Coincidentally, I ignored him just a few minutes before reading this post.
    It’s not my fault, Rocket, if you can’t muster any kind of response to the wide variety of science topics presented, nor have you even cited anything, making you the worst kind of coward.

    Now, Elitaha, go put some more meat and ore into the sketchy and simpleton beginnings of the ‘no free will’ thread before I have to do it even more for you.

    And then you both be sure to show us all how anger has no brains, so that we all can view it while enjoying own popcorn at the toxic circus.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Wishes versus Science 
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRocket
    You have been posting now for just over 2 weeks, a current total of 268 posts. Is there any chance that you might, sometime, somewhere, perhaps as just a fluke, actually say something ?
    Coincidentally, I ignored him just a few minutes before reading this post.
    It’s not my fault, Rocket, if you can’t muster any kind of response to the wide variety of science topics presented, nor have you even cited anything, making you the worst kind of coward.

    Now, Elitaha, go put some more meat and ore into the sketchy and simpleton beginnings of the ‘no free will’ thread before I have to do it even more for you.

    And then you both be sure to show us all how anger has no brains, so that we all can view it while enjoying own popcorn at the toxic circus.
    I'll take that as a "no'.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Take it as a 'know.'
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Take it as a 'know.'
    That would require your first post with content. I am forced to take it as "know nothing" until contrary evidence is presented.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    A quock is not a quote, Doc, nor does your inability and emptiness of pronouncement have any meaning whatsoever, as shown by your present, your history of Rocket crashes and suspensions, and your future, of which you now have none at all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Guest
    You are hilarious questor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    I found the opening post a somewhat whimsical statement of truth. Most of wish for many things which wither under the light of reason.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    You are hilarious questor.
    Thanks, for I do have a sense of humor that I hope may become somewhat contagious, even for old fixed Dr. Doom, who was never young and unlearned, and who has just entered the launch pad.

    (Wait until you see your free will thread, in which I am still for your topic, perhaps strangely to your dismay, which you may have a hard time explaining to all, but that is a problem begun by you, and so there it remains, as your own paradox of nonsense.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox
    I found the opening post a somewhat whimsical statement of truth. Most of wish for many things which wither under the light of reason.
    All those paragraphs and arrangement of nonsensical words can be summarized by the statement "people are biased." I have yet to see one meaningful post from questor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    You are hilarious questor.
    Thanks, for I do have a sense of humor that I hope may become somewhat contagious, even for old fixed Dr. Doom, who was never young and unlearned, and who has just entered the launch pad.

    (Wait until you see your free will thread, in which I am still for your topic, perhaps strangely to your dismay, which you may have a hard time explaining to all, but that is a problem begun by you, and so there it remains, as your own paradox of nonsense.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    All those paragraphs and arrangement of nonsensical words can be summarized by the statement "people are biased." I have yet to see one meaningful post from questor.
    Yep. questor is clueless.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    All those paragraphs and arrangement of nonsensical words can be summarized by the statement "people are biased." I have yet to see one meaningful post from questor.
    Umm. I think it was quite clear.

    Speaking of wishful thinking...I quite honestly wish more scientifically minded would use more than the sterile and often dull language of science to explain their positions. Science is loosing the fight to attract young people and the ear of adults because we're collectively failing to compete for their attention. I find Questor's contributions somewhat refreshing and part of a greater artistic movement that's badly needed--even when most of it isn't substantive.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox
    Speaking of wishful thinking...I quite honestly wish more scientifically minded would use more than the sterile and often dull language of science to explain their positions. Science is loosing the fight to attract young people and the ear of adults because we're collectively failing to compete for their attention. I find Questor's contributions somewhat refreshing and part of a greater artistic movement that's badly needed--even when most of it isn't substantive.
    You can see that in many popularizations. Unfortunately some of the big sellers distort the truth rather badly, and that leads to as much disinformation as education. That is one reason that I can recommend only books by the top researchers. The very top.

    Scientific language is neither sterile nor dull. It is precise, and precision is necessary. Too often colorful popular language leads to serious distortion. However, what you see in forums such as these is not the rigorous language of hard-core science. Even my stuff is toned down quite a bit.

    The language may appear dull to those who don't understand it. But there is no substitute for understanding. The "no hair" theorem or the "hairy ball theorem" are meaningful only if one understands the subject matter in some depth.

    I don't think that many truly talented young people are lost. Most with real talent wind up in a technical area. Most of the lawyeers and MBA types wopuld not make first-rate scientists or engineers. I think that some of the comparisons with other countries are distorted and confuse engineers with technicians. Our universities are in fact doing a good job and I doubt that output could be much increased without compromising quality.

    What would be really bad would be graduating a bunch of people with science and engineering diplomas, but with only a very superficial understanding of the subject matter. The wackos that make themselves obvious here (but not to themselves) would be dangerous if they had any significant responsibility in the real world.

    Believe it or not I know a guy who is educating himself to take up a second career as a secondary school science teacher. He retired from his first career -- as a player in the NBA. The guy is pretty bright. I'll bet that your high school physics teacher did not have an NBA championship ring !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Thanks, Lynx; perhaps they are feeling a bit dated, sterile, and dull.


    Poor old fired-out Rocket. That’s all you’ve got, Doc, (for meds), that lame old ploy of a lone generalization? C’mon, get those stagnant brain cells moving and show that you’re at least a worthy adversary. By not supplying any specifics you’ve only demonstrated to all that you don’t have any. Do you think everyone was born yesterday? All can see through that sham instantly. Wake up! It took no time at all for you to be contradicted. Get with it, bud, or retire. At least learn to read something other than math symbols.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellatha
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox
    I found the opening post a somewhat whimsical statement of truth. Most of wish for many things which wither under the light of reason.
    All those paragraphs and arrangement of nonsensical words can be summarized by the statement "people are biased." I have yet to see one meaningful post from questor.
    Ditto for you, plus you completely and utterly forgot that some (not you) want to know the Why of the human condition. Flunk.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Guest
    Can you type a post without including a copious number of lame insults and meaningless riddles of which you probably don't even understand?

    It is very often the case that scientists, mathematicians, and philosophers will write a paper of substance and near the end provide a clever philosophical idea to accompany it, however all you do is type a lot of non-clever philosophical quotes with no substance at all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    DR. I think your missing my point and I disagree with some of your facts.

    Those popularizations are important for the general public.
    "Scientific language is neither sterile nor dull. It is precise, and precision is necessary" I would agree if I'm writing for a science journal and I certainly did the same for my publications. On the other hand it needs to be much more if I'm writing or talking to non-scientist, whether they be young people or adults.

    In my own field for example there are meteorologist by the leagues who are very precise and work like dogs applying their education and knowledge to protect the public or conduct research but they contribute almost nothing to attracting talent to the field. People like Reed Trimmer, who regularly post YOU TUBE videos of his somewhat crazy tornado chases and animated if not entirely precise explanations of what's happening do far more to attract the talent into the field. He's also a talented researcher with a doctorate from Universality of OK, one of the top fields in Meteorology and well capable of scientific language (though he doesn't publish much research).

    "Bill Nye the science guy" is much the same--he's often sloppy, not very precise, but has so much energy and entertainment that he's done more to get kids into science than an army of ivory tower science types.

    Been to a NASA road exhibition? I few years ago I took my boy to a few of these. Exhibits of different films used to reflect heat was one station. At this one was a middle aged (about my age now), slightly balding man who went on to give a very professional explanation of it's unique thermal and radiative properties. It was all very precise. It was also extraordinarily dull. Though I don't for a second doubt his technical abilities, he was living and breathing personification of a demotivation poster, a NASA anti-recruiter, and sleep-aid all rolled into one. He was the worse of the exhibits but the rest weren't much better. I stopped taking my kid there. Now if the film exhibit had been led by a perky 30 years old post doc with a skirt two inches above fashionable height and a cool demonstration trying to cook a hot dog or touching the film while a torch heats the opposite side --now that would have interesting even if the language wasn't too precise and had a bit of valley girl, or a reference to Lady Gaga or a prominent quarterback mixed in once in a while!

    Once kids get into the college is time enough to teach them about precision, along with the perspiration of solving partial differential equations etc. But we should also teach them about media relations and how to interface with the general public. Things like writing using suspense, entertainment, and even poetry, the basics of TV programming and other media. How to be tell a good teller. In short how to be interesting.

    It's a trivial exercise to pull up stories of declining science degree in the US or ones about graduate programs having trouble filling their classes with qualified American applicants. We are loosing, and as scientist we are partly to blame for failure to adapt to and sometimes complete with the realities of modern media age.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox
    I stopped taking my kid there. Now if the film exhibit had been led by a perky 30 years old post doc with a skirt two inches above fashionable height and a cool demonstration trying to cook a hot dog or touching the film while a torch heats the opposite side --now that would have interesting even if the language wasn't too precise and had a bit of valley girl, or a reference to Lady Gaga or a prominent quarterback mixed in once in a while!
    I really do not want to see questor in a skirt two inches too short. His new avatar is quite enough.




    And really... what's this crap he's been posting and using to litter the forums?!? :

    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    And really... what's this crap he's been posting and using to litter the forums?!? :

    The fuck is that!?

    Questor is an example of the kind of people who lure people to the field to learn how to build teleporters and pop-science bullshit. The people who are lulled into a fancy by his drivel are the same ones who drop out of the field a quarter way in when they realize it was all bullshit. He does much more harm than good. I'm interested in Physics and Mathematics because of the "dull and boring" bits of it. It's the precision and explanation that enticed me. I never buy Michio Kaku or any other fancy scientist's books, because you're practically guaranteed to only get bull that isn't physically possible, and even in the nice publications that are written in layman's terms aren't all that informative. The talent that needs to be brought into the field are those that are enticed by the actual science of the field, the professional bits, not the popular bits. I'm much more vastly interested in the Tesla coil, and it's applications, than the prospect of making a lightsaber.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    OK, guys, so let's see your explanation of why there has to be conservation of energy, charge, momentum, and more…

    What do you guys have as a hypothesis? A great silence? I thought so. Undo mine, then put up yours or shut up, for you have nothing but a resort of acting all perplexed, which you will probably just put a rerun or a repeat of rather than meet the challenge.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    OK, guys, so let's see your explanation of why there has to be conservation of energy, charge, momentum, and more…

    What do you guys have as a hypothesis? A great silence? I thought so. Undo mine, then put up yours or shut up, for you have nothing but a resort of acting all perplexed, which you will probably just put a rerun or a repeat of rather than meet the challenge.
    The laws of conservation are there for closed systems. It was extended to the scale of the universe because the universe is just a massive closed system.

    Now please, shut the fuck up
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    OK, guys, so let's see your explanation of why there has to be conservation of energy, charge, momentum, and more….
    Let's see your explanation! We have observed these laws to apply. We have confirmed their application in a myriad of instances. In the absence of counter evidence it would be fatuous to reject them. As to why these laws exist, that is another more subtle matter not yet fully elucidated.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    What do you guys have as a hypothesis? A great silence?
    When one has nothing to say silence is a sign of wisdom.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Undo mine, then put up yours or shut up, for you have nothing but a resort of acting all perplexed, which you will probably just put a rerun or a repeat of rather than meet the challenge.
    ~You don't have an explanation or hypothesis. You have word salad and arm waving and misinterpretation and nonsense and jargon and more nonsense.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    You don't have an explanation or hypothesis. You have word salad and arm waving and misinterpretation and nonsense and jargon and more nonsense.
    And meaningless graphics... Don't forget the meaningless nonsensical graphics with colors reminiscent of a bad LSD trip or like something you'd find in a head shop burning too much patchouli. :|
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    OK, guys, so let's see your explanation of why there has to be conservation of energy, charge, momentum, and more…

    What do you guys have as a hypothesis? A great silence? I thought so. Undo mine, then put up yours or shut up, for you have nothing but a resort of acting all perplexed, which you will probably just put a rerun or a repeat of rather than meet the challenge.
    The laws of conservation are there for closed systems. It was extended to the scale of the universe because the universe is just a massive closed system.

    Now please, shut the fuck up
    Its just 'there'? Not brilliant, not telling, not anything. You have just shut yourself up.

    Back to bearskins for you and those kinds of stupid statements that lead nowhere but to a mod's comment.

    Let's hear some more swearing in lieu of anything better, as that must be your limit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Ophiolite, you undid nothing, showed nothing, and demonstrated nothing, just as I said you couldn't do, and just like the other times, flailing and failing again with nothing but the same repeats and reruns, adding nothing more. Your naked words still just hang in the air, ungrounded. Sometimes you are good, but other times you remind me of the ever crashing dr. rocket. Sad if that were to overwhelm your good points.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Ophiolite, you undid nothing, showed nothing, and demonstrated nothing,.
    I was responding to nothing.

    Seriously questor, you seem to think you are saying something of substance and value. It doesn't come across that way. I have zero idea what you are trying to communicate. All I sense is some incohate rage against conventional science. You offer no reason for this rage. You offer no justification for it. You expect your readers to ignore solidly validated concepts, investigated and confirmed by many brilliant minds, and turn instead to vague arm-waving speculations offered by yourself.

    Really, would you not question the sanity of someone who favoured the views of an internet crackpot over those of well researched science?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    What are you referring to? I am completely for science over wishes, just as the thread opener states. Go look. Are you all there today? Felling blind, and now speechless? Yes, read the opener and reset yourself.

    Also, there is 'Gravity Explained' in the 'Exploits' thread, which may be dull and sterile enough for you, but quite interesting if that's really how it works. If you don't like science then you'll just have to suffer through all the science-related ideas over there, but this is here. Where are you? Stuck in toxicity that you now feel a need to maintain?

    Grasp for straws now, if you can't read, and try to get as good as you give. The only one falling over here is you. Nor do I suppose that you have anything useful to say about the topic here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    What are you referring to? .
    I am referring to the endless garbage you vomit onto the forum in thread after thread. Incoherent, unsubstantiated nonsense in which the only thing visible is a disdain for conventional science. Your posts lack clarity, relevance, focus and meaning. And those are their good points!

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    I am completely for science over wishes, just as the thread opener states. Go look. .
    You have less idea of what science is than I have of how to mine selenium or make candy floss. Your opening post is trivial. (Do you know what trivial means in a scientific context?) Your subsequent posts wild, unamanaged, lacking direction or obvious intent. Word salad, semantic vortices, crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Also, there is 'Gravity Explained' in the 'Exploits' thread, which may be dull and sterile enough for you, but quite interesting if that's really how it works.
    It would be really interesting if gravity was the consequence of small purple entities sucking in their breath continuosly, but it isn't. Nor is your explanation correct, so it is irrelevant in a science forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    If you don't like science then you'll just have to suffer through all the science-related ideas over there, .
    None of the science ideas 'over there' come from you. It's just interminable garbage. I really cannot understand what motivates you or has led you to the delusion that you have something pertinent to say. I'd be interested in hearing a cogent explanation, but doubt it will be forthcoming.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Where are you? Stuck in toxicity that you now feel a need to maintain?
    The toxicity is yours. Abyssal depths of nonsense. Don't accuse me of negativity for pointing it out and railing against it.

    Finally, buried in the sewage works of your posts there is a rare glimpse of meaning. Not a gem, but at least a piece of shiny glass that ay once have been part of a useful object. Will you frigging pull yourself together and deliver those and only those pieces in future. The world will be grateful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    What are you referring to? .
    I am referring to the endless garbage you vomit onto the forum in thread after thread. Incoherent, unsubstantiated nonsense in which the only thing visible is a disdain for conventional science. Your posts lack clarity, relevance, focus and meaning. And those are their good points!

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    I am completely for science over wishes, just as the thread opener states. Go look. .
    You have less idea of what science is than I have of how to mine selenium or make candy floss. Your opening post is trivial. (Do you know what trivial means in a scientific context?) Your subsequent posts wild, unamanaged, lacking direction or obvious intent. Word salad, semantic vortices, crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Also, there is 'Gravity Explained' in the 'Exploits' thread, which may be dull and sterile enough for you, but quite interesting if that's really how it works.
    It would be really interesting if gravity was the consequence of small purple entities sucking in their breath continuosly, but it isn't. Nor is your explanation correct, so it is irrelevant in a science forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    If you don't like science then you'll just have to suffer through all the science-related ideas over there, .
    None of the science ideas 'over there' come from you. It's just interminable garbage. I really cannot understand what motivates you or has led you to the delusion that you have something pertinent to say. I'd be interested in hearing a cogent explanation, but doubt it will be forthcoming.

    Quote Originally Posted by questor
    Where are you? Stuck in toxicity that you now feel a need to maintain?
    The toxicity is yours. Abyssal depths of nonsense. Don't accuse me of negativity for pointing it out and railing against it.

    Finally, buried in the sewage works of your posts there is a rare glimpse of meaning. Not a gem, but at least a piece of shiny glass that ay once have been part of a useful object. Will you frigging pull yourself together and deliver those and only those pieces in future. The world will be grateful.
    You are sugar-coating reality !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    Do to your rudeness, Ophi, you got off on the wrong foot, then you tripped and fell, perhaps still distracted by your rudeness, and there you still lay and stay. I can see why you have no answer. Here you are misplaced and displaced, so respond in the appropriate thread, where you can’t answer either, but to identify that the thread is about science and scientists, which is just what it is supposed to be about. You have been contradicted several times, by mods, no less, showing, but again, that you rule nothing, which all can now plainly see. You are flailing and failing once again. You were even rude enough to put trash in another thread right after they cleaned it up. Poor showing. Am ready for you next babble.


    Rock-Med, you don’t rule anything but your own cuckoo’s nest, as all can see… or are you going to show us all? Let’s see, Rockette. Proceed. Nothing. Zippo results.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,499
    This is just trolling now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    This is just trolling now.
    now ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Senior questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    385
    So long, trolls.

    Ophi has never begun a thread, so he trolls mine. Same for your trolling, Rocket, but you can both troll again, for I don't mind You only dig your selves in deeper.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •