Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: american weakness(i know, i know)

  1. #1 american weakness(i know, i know) 
    Forum Sophomore vslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    121
    ok, i was trying to limit my anti-american rantings here, but this is a legitimate one so dont run away yet:

    why is it that the americans seem unwilling to admit defeat. they have lost al-Qaim to iraqi mujahideen. and jsut yesterday in afghanistan, the city of Zabul and province of Arghendab were reclaimed by the taliban.

    the soldiers on the ground know they have lost, and now even the soldiers woh originally had some decency have joined the ranks of their brethren in taknig out their frustration on the civilians(im not saying that mujhideen never kill civilians but...). water towers, power stations, schools, bystanders. anyone and anything in sight when the americans begin to take losses, mysteriously ends up destroyed.

    even you yanks who believe that you are the good guys, must by now see that you haev lost. yet you say nothing, you allow your troops to remain over there, destroying lives and breeding hate.

    (i havent had a bush bash for more than a week, and its more addictive than cigarettes)


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    if that's true than the media are very quiet about it. Do you have a source about this? I'm especially interested in what happens in Afghanistan, because my country has troops there.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Sophomore vslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    121
    check out http://www.jihadunspun.com/

    the estimated deaths are exaggerated, but its a good mirror agoinst what you see on the news
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    The Americans have only "lost" because they are held by politically correct methodology while their enemies are not.

    A couple of well-placed MOABS, and this "war" would be over.

    *edit - how does this pertain to Science?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by vslayer
    check out http://www.jihadunspun.com/

    the estimated deaths are exaggerated, but its a good mirror agoinst what you see on the news
    The US and Russia have always killed many times what they have lost during war times but oddly enough don't always win the wars. Vietnam and Afghanistan are good examples. The Russians of course lost a ton of soldiers in Afghanistan, however I think they killed far more. Not sure of the exact numbers. It's not always about body count to win a war.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    The Americans have only "lost" because they are held by politically correct methodology while their enemies are not.

    A couple of well-placed MOABS, and this "war" would be over.

    *edit - how does this pertain to Science?
    If Bush could get away with it he would drop a thousand MOAB's. For him it's a religious war, not just a war on "terror".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1
    Maybe it's because the Americans are sort of the "World Police" and expect greatness and nothing eles. Pride and dignity are basically the two of the main reasons why the Americans won't admit defeat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    For him it's a religious war, not just a war on "terror".
    Can you show me where Bush has said anything to indicate that this is a religious war from his point of view?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    For him it's a religious war, not just a war on "terror".
    Can you show me where Bush has said anything to indicate that this is a religious war from his point of view?
    You know... all that "God wants America to rule the world" and "God is my friend" stuff... maybe I'm overreacting here, sorry.

    But here are some actual declarations that can make myself clear:

    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them."

    "Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity."

    'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2921345.stm

    http://www.mediatransparency.org/story.php?storyID=17

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre.../06/bush.shtml
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Senior silkworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    337
    To be fair, and I'm saying this with full hate of the Bush administration and their incompetence and this stupid war in Iraq, to say we've lost the war is unfair. All "they" have to do is participate in random attacks that end up killing more of their own people than it does us. We have to patrol all of Iraq, and any time our patrol is breached we lose, even as we kill more of them.

    It's an unfair an ridiculous assessment. Although I agree we should leave immediately because these people don't want us there, and I respect that.

    And by the way, if we lowered ourselves to the enemies standards, everyone in the entire region would have been dead a long time ago. And I mean everyone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •