Notices
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 401 to 419 of 419
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Why does everyone hate the US?

  1. #401  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,225
    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    eh...lol..stop trying to appeal to strangers.....either you're insecure or lonely, I don't care..it just makes you look silly and needy....If you're so wise, explain why I must "heed" your points....sorry, I didn't grow up in your homely culture, I don't care and don't need to....

    And yes, I like your supposed "one-up-man-ship" over me lol....Look, take your abnormal social conduct elsewhere...another Aspie symptom...
    This is a warning.

    Try to curb your tongue.

    1) Insulting people is not good behaviour.

    2) Using the term "aspie" as an insult is even worse.

    Any further behaviour of this kind guarantees you a suspension.

    If you don't understand these remarks, please PM me.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
     

  2. #402  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    lol..

    Sorry, you all have attempted to "offend" me...you say I am "not being accommodating"..babe is insecure and attempts to gain "Web one-up-man-ship" by preaching her spiritualist guru nonsense...and hannah says I'm a good for believing in modern science without citing how it's wrong..

    Sorry, but all of you cite if you're the wounded parties here, if you can...this is life...not some spiritualist nonsense you learnt from your cultures..lol.
     

  3. #403  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    There is an ignore button in here...

    I rarely have had to use it...

    however

    this is a great time to do that

    inane, idiots, and latent stupidty don't go well with me

    Aloha
    Both of the people contributing right now have issues. Not only that, they've even turned on each other. Babe, get out. Get out while you still can.

    I have!!

    Stupidity isn't worth my valuable time!

    I may be here to learn

    I am not in here to suffer vaginal deteriorating bains
     

  4. #404  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    I genuinely have NO idea why you're behaving this way.

    Is this just how you respond to criticism? You're quick to lash out, but when someone questions your comments you fly off the handle.

    EDIT: NOT directed at babe.
    babe likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  5. #405  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    lol... She still continues, and it's funny!! haha.....
     

  6. #406  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I genuinely have NO idea why you're behaving this way.

    Is this just how you respond to criticism? You're quick to lash out, but when someone questions your comments you fly off the handle.

    EDIT: NOT directed at babe.
    lulz...why do you care so much?

    and i'm stupid...lol...wow insecure at such depths..
     

  7. #407  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I genuinely have NO idea why you're behaving this way.

    Is this just how you respond to criticism? You're quick to lash out, but when someone questions your comments you fly off the handle.

    EDIT: NOT directed at babe.
    lulz...why do you care so much?

    and i'm stupid...lol...wow insecure at such depths..
    Why do I care? Curiosity, I suppose. Being from the US, I would like to hear international opinions on the thread topic. It seems clear to me that you do not like the United States. You say that isn't true, but your attitude doesn't seem to support that claim. My interest in you in particular is due to the fact that I don't know why you're behaving in a manner conducive to a perma-ban and I feel as though I set you off. I have been trying to get some clarification, but you keep insisting that you don't "owe" me any explanation so I'm thinking it's a futile effort.

    I also never called you stupid, so I'm assuming the last part of your comment wasn't directed at me.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  8. #408  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    but then you're all attempting to gang up on me because I'm supposedly "no good"...lol.. insecure bunch..
     

  9. #409  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    but then you're all attempting to gang up on me because I'm supposedly "no good"...lol.. insecure bunch..
    No one is ganging up on you. You made a comment that is going to be unpopular because it is widely viewed as untrue. Your refusal to support it will draw a lot of criticism on this forum. Science demands we hold our ideas up for criticism and defend them, something you refuse to do.
    John Galt and babe like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  10. #410  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    er....yes, you all are....and I'm supposed to tolerate you and welcome you...lol...

    sorry, this is too rich...
     

  11. #411  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    Of course the Americans have achieved stuff. They took us to the moon and into Iraq and Afghanistan.

    Although Hiroshima and Nagasaki are probably some of their proudest moments too.
    Every nation has moments in their history of which they are not proud. You own nation aided in the near extermination of the native Americans when our ancestors arrived. I'm half Dutch (slave trade) half German (human atrocities during WWII), but that doesn't make ME a bad person. I'm not ashamed of my ancestry.

    I don't know why you felt your comment was in any way constructive or appropriate.

    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Can you at least show me where I insulted you so we can stop dwelling on it? If I attacked you I want to see it so I can apologize. All I see are my constant unrequited requests for you to back up your trivialization of my country's achievements.
    Dwell on what? lol.. I'm amused...Why do you presume I "owe" you an explanation?

    If you want one..OK:

    - The USA hasn't imparted much language, legal constructs, infrastructure, political structures, etc. to other parts of the world compared to other empires in history.

    - You say it's a "young empire", so what? The Mongols only existed for 200 years or so, but were at the time the biggest empire in history.
    This comment doesn't mean anything. I'm not sure how old you are, but you clearly don't understand how to carry on an adult conversation. Your first point is not only untrue, but completely unsupported. Your second one, comparing the USA to the Mongol horde is asinine.

    You don't like the US for whatever reason. I get that. You don't need to childishly lash out. I'm fairly certain your time on this forum is going to be very limited due to your piss poor attitude and complete lack of intelligent contribution, but I would suggest you reconsider your approach to people asking you to support your comments.
    My comment was to look for the reaction that actually, you gave me.

    Not all Americans are bad, I don't think America is bad all over but some awfully bad decisions have been made. British television has been showing American programs and cultures for years, Some can only go by what the American media industry want people to see. That, is how opinions get formed.
     

  12. #412  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Another thread destined for the trash.

    I've spent more time in dustbins than that puppet on sesame street!
     

  13. #413  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    er....yes, you all are....and I'm supposed to tolerate you and welcome you...lol...

    sorry, this is too rich...
    I'm sorry you think we're ganging up on you. There are some members here that can be a bit adversarial, but you really need to develop thicker skin or a better way to cope with others if you want to remain here and certainly if you want to be a productive member.

    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    My comment was to look for the reaction that actually, you gave me.
    That there is some kind of double standard? When you ask people why they have a negative view of America, people like to point out our poor decisions while ignoring their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    Not all Americans are bad, I don't think America is bad all over but some awfully bad decisions have been made. British television has been showing American programs and cultures for years, Some can only go by what the American media industry want people to see. That, is how opinions get formed.
    Please don't judge us by our programming. The vast majority of it is trash. Try to find the good shows. Watch The Daily Show sometime.
    John Galt likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  14. #414  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    122
    er...lol....no, it's simply funny that I must "owe" you good discussions or anything at all when you gang up on me...again, Aspie behaviour....why do I owe you anything? this is the human way..
     

  15. #415  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    If you are going to continue to refuse to contribute or make an intelligent response, why bother coming back to the thread simply to inform me that I am mentally handicapped and you're not going to participate in the discussion? I don't understand your logic.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  16. #416  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,225
    carlinsomes

    me #401

    This is a warning.

    Try to curb your tongue.

    1) Insulting people is not good behaviour.

    2) Using the term "aspie" as an insult is even worse.

    Any further behaviour of this kind guarantees you a suspension.


    you # 414 exactly 30 minutes later.

    er...lol....no, it's simply funny that I must "owe" you good discussions or anything at all when you gang up on me...again, Aspie behaviour....why do I owe you anything? this is the human way..
    Have a few days off.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
     

  17. #417  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    People attitudes on here don't help views that Americans are astutely defensive.

    Some call you war mongers...and other unkind things.

    I've been labeled on here. I won't lose sleep over it though.

    Gangstalking is a real phenomena which is big in the USA. I just wonder whether I am in 'their program'.
     

  18. #418  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlinsomes View Post
    er....yes, you all are....and I'm supposed to tolerate you and welcome you...lol...

    sorry, this is too rich...
    I'm sorry you think we're ganging up on you. There are some members here that can be a bit adversarial, but you really need to develop thicker skin or a better way to cope with others if you want to remain here and certainly if you want to be a productive member.

    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    My comment was to look for the reaction that actually, you gave me.
    That there is some kind of double standard? When you ask people why they have a negative view of America, people like to point out our poor decisions while ignoring their own.

    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    Not all Americans are bad, I don't think America is bad all over but some awfully bad decisions have been made. British television has been showing American programs and cultures for years, Some can only go by what the American media industry want people to see. That, is how opinions get formed.
    Please don't judge us by our programming. The vast majority of it is trash. Try to find the good shows. Watch The Daily Show sometime.
    During my childhood, this is what we had on our British televisions.

    To name a few

    The fall guy
    'Chips'
    Knight rider,
    Airwolf
    The A team
    Dukes of hazard


    & Countless cowboys and Indians films.

    I am guilty of actually watching and liking many of these shows.


    Is there any British programs on your televisions?
    Flick Montana and RedPanda like this.
     

  19. #419  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Moderator Comment: The OP has, I think, been adequately answered:

    Firstly, not everyone hates the US.
    Secondly, there are many varied reasons for why some people hate at least some aspects of the US. These reasons are visible to anyone who wishes to wade through three or four pages of posts.

    Since there have been no meaningful points addressing the OP in at least the last page and a half, and the thread has been hijacked by an individual with an unacceptable posting style, there seems no benefit in leaving it open. Anyone who feels differently may Report this post and make a case for it to be reopened.

    Edit: Hannah's last two posts were made while I was typing the above. They are meaningful points, but insufficient, in my view, to justify leaving the thread active.
     

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •