Notices
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quantime

Thread: The Philadelphia Experiment and Area 51

  1. #1 The Philadelphia Experiment and Area 51 
    Forum Ph.D. Heinsbergrelatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994
    i assume that the topic i am proposing is acceptable in this part of the forum..

    few weeks ago, i heard my friends talking about the philadelphia experiment, and i asked them about it, but they weren't entirely sure either.
    so i searched my self, and not much sound evidence or explanation regarding the experiment was found, but all i know for now is that it was some sort of invisibility experiment, linked with einstein theory of everything etc...

    also regarding Area 51, besides from all the detail on the net, about the alien technology stranded alien life, etc.. is that american military base actually real with all those hard to believe ornaments and equipments?

    can anyone give me some facts, or any ideas on this? thank you


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    All I can say is that without Area 51, UFOs, Bigfoot, the Philadelphia experiment, and other similar gems there are many imaginative people with no social conscience and modest writing skills who would, today, be unemployed.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Ph.D. Heinsbergrelatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994
    so its all nothing but made up information?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    It would be fairer to say it is largely misinterpreted, or distorted information. Humans are natural story tellers and we all are happy to indulge in that willing suspension of disbelief. It's just that some of us do it all the time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    I am in agreement with Ophiolite.

    However from my own theories and ideas, researching Einstein and deeply etching into his secret 'laws' of relativty. I can say that they did try some kind of experiment and I can say that they did suceed with technology that is kept from the human eye.

    You study physics Heinsbergrelatz, you'll understand that although invariably there is no proof, there is theory to suggest such and idea of teleportation occuring. Also about Area 51 personally thats rubbish, from what I know so called UFOs are not capable of space flight due to the magnetic propulsion technology they use, ergo they were made on this planet to be used on this planet, this can all get very conspiratol if it hasn't already.

    I delved into the NWO and Nazi Ufo, reptilian entities conspiracies not long ago and after drifting through it and coming out the other end I see that although there is a high possibility that all that it says is true, the people who then believe in these things exadurate the truth to make their claim seem more believable.

    So in a joking manner, area 51 is a car parking lot, UFOs are my ex girlfriends dinner ware, and the philadelphia experiment was a butter advertisment gone sour.

    I would recommend looking into the conspiracies with a cold hard critical eye that it might be true. I personally am inclined to believe that moreso than religion, mostly because it explains religious creationism and the like.Still, it is a rabbit hole and one for one you will need a break from if you dive in. I advise not doing so however, as the truth if it is truth, well will turn you insane, or paranoid anyway. It wasn't helping me attain my goals and as such left, not to say however that I haven't prepared for if it is true.


    All these conspiracies and ideas are brilliant and well thought out, they would make excellent stories and novels.

    What is it exactly that you find most curious about these sort of phenomena?
    Ascended likes this.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Senior Kukhri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    I delved into the NWO and Nazi Ufo, reptilian entities conspiracies not long ago and after drifting through it and coming out the other end I see that although there is a high possibility that all that it says is true, the people who then believe in these things exadurate the truth to make their claim seem more believable.
    Pardon, to be clear, are you arguing for the existence of a secret, reptile-man led, world government?
    Co-producer of Red Oasis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Are my beliefs important and/or relevant to this thread?
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Senior Kukhri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    392
    Yes. That's why you expressed them here, right?
    Co-producer of Red Oasis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    I am in agreement with Ophiolite.

    However from my own theories and ideas, researching Einstein and deeply etching into his secret 'laws' of relativty. I can say that they did try some kind of experiment and I can say that they did suceed with technology that is kept from the human eye.
    My take on it is that the military does well to keep any new technology secret for as long as they can. That way when the nearest rival learns of it, we already have a huge engineering lead.

    Suppose we figure out how to build a weather machine, but it requires 6 power plants to work, and only generates a 10 mph wind. But maybe 6 years later we've got it down to 2 power plants, and a 20 mph wind. Suppose the discovery first happened in 1960, and our nearest rival never learns of it until 2005. At that point they're using 6 power plants to generate a 10 mph wind, but by then we'll probably be at the point where we can generate a hurricane off of a car battery.

    History tells us that anything that can be invented will be invented, so we can't get anywhere by simply opting not to build a doomsday device. Our opponents probably won't be so noble when their scientists eventually re-invent the same device.


    You study physics Heinsbergrelatz, you'll understand that although invariably there is no proof, there is theory to suggest such and idea of teleportation occuring. Also about Area 51 personally thats rubbish, from what I know so called UFOs are not capable of space flight due to the magnetic propulsion technology they use, ergo they were made on this planet to be used on this planet, this can all get very conspiratol if it hasn't already.
    True, but it can get you into space if you reach escape velocity while you're still not out of the atmosphere yet.


    I would recommend looking into the conspiracies with a cold hard critical eye that it might be true. I personally am inclined to believe that moreso than religion, mostly because it explains religious creationism and the like.Still, it is a rabbit hole and one for one you will need a break from if you dive in. I advise not doing so however, as the truth if it is truth, well will turn you insane, or paranoid anyway. It wasn't helping me attain my goals and as such left, not to say however that I haven't prepared for if it is true.
    Even if there's a grain of truth, just remember you'll have to filter through some massive piles of falsehood just to find it. It's the "smoke and mirrors" approach to secrecy. You can plainly see your target. You just can't tell which one it is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor Wild Cobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,140
    It's hard to take stock in any of these far out stories. I am not one to say yes or no to them. One of the only things I have a hard time imagining is time travel. I believe time is the one universal constant that cannot be altered. I would say to keep an open mind about other things in physics, because we are just starting to scratch the surface of reality.

    Now I have heard a rather amazing story that came from someone who claimed to work at a top secret site. I will only say that he claimed they made matter disappear from our known physical reality. I have never known this guy to pull people's leg like that, and he never spoke of it again. How true it it? Who knows. He told me details that I will not disclose in case it is something that really happened. Except for breaking the laws of physics as we know them, what he said sounded absolutely believable.

    I have a hard time believed the Philadelphia Experiment as shown in the movies, because that deals with time travel. However, other details are not far from what I heard from my past friend about 30 years ago.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cobra
    I believe time is the one universal constant that cannot be altered.
    Except, it can. You should check out relativity sometime, and also Hafele-Keating.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukhri
    Yes. That's why you expressed them here, right?
    Are the existence/non exsitence of reptilian entities relevant to this thread?
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Professor Wild Cobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cobra
    I believe time is the one universal constant that cannot be altered.
    Except, it can. You should check out relativity sometime, and also Hafele-Keating.
    I understand what the math says. There is also the square root of -1 in math.

    Your point? I have a solid opinion that time cannot be altered in what would be considered time travel. Yes, I could be wrong. At least I am open minded. I don't know how to explain it, past saying it is something of faith. I am open to just about any other possibility. Just not to time travel. That is a faith I will take to my grave unless someone can prove otherwise.

    Relativity of time is not time travel. I understand I didn't explain my point well. It's one thing to travel slightly faster or slower with the relative time. It's still flowing in the same direction. In theory, one can travel the speed of light and suspend relative time. However, there is no way in my view to reverse the effect, and go backwards in time. Don't tell me the maths says otherwise, I know that. I simply believe the effect would be different than traveling backwards in time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Hey Cobra, what does your equation mean in your signature?
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cobra
    I believe time is the one universal constant that cannot be altered.
    Except, it can. You should check out relativity sometime, and also Hafele-Keating.
    I understand what the math says. There is also the square root of -1 in math.

    Your point? I have a solid opinion that time cannot be altered
    Reality disagrees with you. Like I said, check out Hafele-Keating, or even GPS. I wasn't talking about time travel, but time dilation, and contrary to your comments above, time is not a universal constant.

    Disagree all you want. Your suggestion has been proven fallacious time and time again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Professor Wild Cobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    Hey Cobra, what does your equation mean in your signature?
    It's a PID loop, used in robotics and other motion controls.

    Proportional, Integral, Derivative.

    I spent some time with robotics and also delta pressure control for a polishing process at the micron level.

    wiki: PID Controller
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor Wild Cobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    Reality disagrees with you. Like I said, check out Hafele-Keating, or even GPS. I wasn't talking about time travel, but time dilation, and contrary to your comments above, time is not a universal constant.

    Disagree all you want. Your suggestion has been proven fallacious time and time again.
    Relativity of time is not time travel. I understand I didn't explain my point well. It's one thing to travel slightly faster or slower with the relative time. It's still flowing in the same direction. In theory, one can travel the speed of light and suspend relative time. However, there is no way in my view to reverse the effect, and go backwards in time. Don't tell me the maths says otherwise, I know that. I simply believe the effect would be different than traveling backwards in time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Senior Kukhri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantime
    Are the existence/non exsitence of reptilian entities relevant to this thread?
    I didn't bring it up. Seems silly that you would initiate a tangent in a conversation, then not want to discuss it. I want to make evident what you just brought to the table, in the hopes that impressionable readers are not influenced. The NWO conspiracy theory asserts that the world is run by reptile aliens in disguise who feed on bad feelings. I have little tolerance for what I perceive to be misinformation. I am not ready to lose hope that the internet can be a vehicle for intelligent discussion.
    Co-producer of Red Oasis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cobra
    It's hard to take stock in any of these far out stories. I am not one to say yes or no to them. One of the only things I have a hard time imagining is time travel. I believe time is the one universal constant that cannot be altered. I would say to keep an open mind about other things in physics, because we are just starting to scratch the surface of reality.
    That's ironic. Time travel is the one I believe the most in, though probably not as its represented in movies. I think a lot of stories get blown out of proportion simply because that's the best way to keep people from believing them.

    If there were some reptilian aliens who arrived on Earth and decided to start extorting some of the local governments into giving them supplies like Uranium and Platinum, I doubt they'd take things any further than the minimum they needed in order to get what they wanted. Now... suppose this were true for a second. What's the easiest way to keep people from believing it? Add false details. Keep adding them until Santa Clause is in the picture somewhere, and ordinary people will say "Santa Clause? Now I know the whole story is false!!!"

    Basically, a lot of people won't believe a single word unless they can believe every word.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    I admire your devotion toward keeping threads on relevance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kukhri
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantime
    Are the existence/non exsitence of reptilian entities relevant to this thread?
    I didn't bring it up. Seems silly that you would initiate a tangent in a conversation, then not want to discuss it. I want to make evident what you just brought to the table, in the hopes that impressionable readers are not influenced. The NWO conspiracy theory asserts that the world is run by reptile aliens in disguise who feed on bad feelings. I have little tolerance for what I perceive to be misinformation
    So you wish to guise polite insult towards me with your response? Hardly intelligent discussion.

    I am not ready to lose hope that the internet can be a vehicle for intelligent discussion.
    Agreed.

    Anyway, back to the thread: What would you say Kukhri are facts pointing towards the events of the alleged Philadelphia experiment or Area 51? Do you know of any evidence that suggests the notion that Albert Einstein and Tesla were working on this idea?
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    I wouldn't be surprised if the real Philedelphia Experiment were similar to the psychic research the military did in the mid-80's. (It's the what the book version of "Men Who Stare at Goats" was based on.) Not some exceptional scientific accomplishment that has to be classified for the good of mankind, but just a massively embarrassing waste of time and money that produced no results at all.

    Probably the military is better off letting people think they found a way to bend space time, all things considered.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,338
    I guess the Philadelphia Experiment was about electrolytic rust removal or just protection from corrosion while in dock. Somebody noted fat cables clamped to an electrified hull and thought WTF. Conceivably the Navy tried this with monster current, so that besides a lot of weird precautions there could be local brownouts and a lot of froth stewing round the ship.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Senior Kukhri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantime
    What would you say Kukhri are facts pointing towards the events of the alleged Philadelphia experiment or Area 51?
    The Philadelphia experiment is a second hand story, riddled with holes. It is the product of a letter mailed to a UFO "expert" and writer who publicized it. Later, others came forward with similar stories that fail to fit together. The tale is contradicted by ship logs, the ship's crew and known physics. Nothing resembling evidence has ever been presented.

    Area 51 sounds like plain old Groom Lake Air Force Base (also called the Nellis Range Complex) to me. The U.S. Government, in particular the Department of the Air Force openly states that is operating in the area, albeit in a classified role. It is alleged, probably correctly that the Air Force tests prospective aircraft at the complex. To believe that the Groom Lake facility houses alien technology seems to me an enormous, credulous, leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantime
    Do you know of any evidence that suggests the notion that Albert Einstein and Tesla were working on this idea?
    By idea, I assume you mean something relating to the Philadelphia experiment. The involvement of these two figures are again, unsubstantiated anecdotes. I think Tesla has become a fun scientist to attribute secret, advanced technologies to because he was such a recluse in later life. Eisenstein, because he's one of the few physicists that dishonest, folktale weavers can call to mind without reading a book.
    Co-producer of Red Oasis
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •