Notices
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: what's the name of the graph

  1. #1 what's the name of the graph 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    baltimore, md, usa, earth
    Posts
    33
    that'll constantly simplify itself yet never be simplified by zero (not reaching zero)?

    what's the name of this graph?


    is this a graph representation of the prime number 101 (a prime number that cannot be divided of itself or other primes)?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    37
    isn't that the asymptope? where the line never reaches zero?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    baltimore, md, usa, earth
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by medicine12
    isn't that the asymptope? where the line never reaches zero?
    i have no idea... :? i thought it was called linear maximum or something...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: what's the name of the graph 
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePasTimeCE
    that'll constantly simplify itself yet never be simplified by zero (not reaching zero)?

    what's the name of this graph?


    is this a graph representation of the prime number 101 (a prime number that cannot be divided of itself or other primes)?
    It is a hyperbola.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    There's nothing special about 101 as a prime. No prime can be divided by any other prime. Any number can be divided by itself (except 0).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Masters Degree thyristor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by MagiMaster
    There's nothing special about 101 as a prime. No prime can be divided by any other prime. Any number can be divided by itself (except 0).
    What's your point :-D ?
    373 13231-mbm-13231 373
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: what's the name of the graph 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePasTimeCE
    is this a graph representation of the prime number 101 (a prime number that cannot be divided of itself or other primes)?
    Point --^
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •