Notices
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Introducing myself (JaneBennet)

  1. #1 Introducing myself (JaneBennet) 
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    Hello. I found this forum from a link on another forum, so I decided to check it out – and I was immediately impressed! What a fascinating variety of science and science-related topics you have here! :-D

    Yes, I am interested in science – astronomy, geology, physics, chemistry, biology, psychology … but my specialized area is mathematics. I’m especially keen on topology, algebra and analysis. 8)

    I have a broad range of other interests, including languages, literature, music, art, history, geography, religion and sports. In short, I love to “improve my mind”. :P


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Well then I'd say, very welcome!


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    .....................................
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor serpicojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    JRZ
    Posts
    1,069
    Hooray, another mathematician!
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    Thank you all for the welcome!

    Yes, I’ve been browsing some threads in the Mathematics section in the last hour or so.
     

  7. #6  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Welcome to the forum. I think we've got enough girls for an orgy now.

    :-D
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  8. #7  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Welcome to the forum. I think we've got enough girls for an orgy now.

    :-D
    (LONG DRAWN OUT SIGH)

    Behave yourself Svwillmer you can only have an orgy with willing participators that amount to more than one person.

    Reminds me of my son who says he can't wait until he's 16 because he can legally have sex.

    I have to remind him that he first has to find a girl that wants to have sex with him and can't just leap on the nearest passing female!

    I know that's harsh, but so is reality!
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor sunshinewarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,526
    Welcome Jane

    Hope you enjoy the forum enough to stick around - as Serpico says "Hoorah. Another voice of reason" - always welcome.

    Can I ask about your nick? Why Jane and not Elizabeth?

    cheer

    shanks
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    61
    Welcome, as you said, we're both new.
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    To all who posted after my last post above:

    Thank you, thank you all for your welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinewarrio
    Can I ask about your nick? Why Jane and not Elizabeth?
    Let’s just say that I find Charles more sexy than Fitzwilliam.
     

  12. #11  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Welcome to the forum. I think we've got enough girls for an orgy now.

    :-D
    (LONG DRAWN OUT SIGH)

    Behave yourself Svwillmer you can only have an orgy with willing participators that amount to more than one person.

    Reminds me of my son who says he can't wait until he's 16 because he can legally have sex.

    I have to remind him that he first has to find a girl that wants to have sex with him and can't just leap on the nearest passing female!

    I know that's harsh, but so is reality!
    Calm down Minxy, it was a joke.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Welcome to the forum. I think we've got enough girls for an orgy now.

    :-D
    (LONG DRAWN OUT SIGH)

    Behave yourself Svwillmer you can only have an orgy with willing participators that amount to more than one person.

    Reminds me of my son who says he can't wait until he's 16 because he can legally have sex.

    I have to remind him that he first has to find a girl that wants to have sex with him and can't just leap on the nearest passing female!

    I know that's harsh, but so is reality!
    Calm down Minxy, it was a joke.
    Yes i do know that Svwillmer i haven't developed an immunity to humour quite just yet!

    The dichotomy of your dirty mind just makes me laugh when on other threads you can seem quite prudish :wink:
     

  14. #13  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Oh I'm chaotic. And random. And wild
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Oh I'm chaotic. And random. And wild
    Yes i know

    You're male, which is why kennels and leashes are needed.

    You can't fool me with this fake cover of prudism.

    If there's one thing i've learned about people it's that they more often say or express the opposite of what they mean.

    E.g someone who expresses disgust at dirty sex, will often have had many previous thoughts that have included it :wink:
     

  16. #15  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    I'm alpha and omega .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    I'm alpha and omega .
    and a dragon?
     

  18. #17  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    I'm alpha and omega .
    and a dragon?
    And a tiger .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    I'm alpha and omega .
    and a dragon?
    And a tiger .
    Mmmm....a shapeshifter!

    Can you turn yourself into a coffee table or a pouffe?

    I need to put my feet up
     

  20. #19  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    No I can't do that, I don't think anyway. Anyway lets stop this we are polluting Jane Bennets introduction.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Sarcastic ad hominem deleted.



    I didn't realise it was THAT sarcastic, but thanks

    I must be improving

     

  22. #21  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    [ad hominem remark deleted]

    [no remarks about moderation procedures in public channels svp]
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    thread locked on request of the OP
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •