Notices
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shlunka
  • 3 Post By shlunka

Thread: Introduction

  1. #1 Introduction 
    Aspiring Psychologist Krystine L. Buckmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10
    Hello, my name is Krystine Buckmaster. I am a novelist, a poet, and hopefully soon I will be a published author. I have a blog for the intellectually gifted and work on improving it often. I am 2 grades ahead in school, hoping to be 3 soon, and aspire to be a child and adolescent clinical psychologist.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    At least you're modest about it. Welcome to the board.


    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Hello Krystine and welcome to the forum. May I ask what grade you are currently in? What work are you presently seeking to publish, poetry or a novel?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Aspiring Psychologist Krystine L. Buckmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10
    Thank you. I am currently a sophomore in high school. I have two novels in progress that I am seeking to publish.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,786
    Welcome to the forum. I have two novels left unfinished, failed a grade, and will likely work at a gas station. In summation, the forum offers a wide spectrum of individuals from any age group.
    Flick Montana likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have two novels left unfinished, failed a grade, and will likely work at a gas station. In summation, the forum offers a wide spectrum of individuals from any age group.
    But will it be a classy gas station?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have two novels left unfinished, failed a grade, and will likely work at a gas station. In summation, the forum offers a wide spectrum of individuals from any age group.
    But will it be a classy gas station?
    Oh yes, several classes. We'll have Regular, Premium, Deluxe, and Deluxe-Deluxe.
    seagypsy, Dywyddyr and mat5592 like this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have two novels left unfinished, failed a grade, and will likely work at a gas station. In summation, the forum offers a wide spectrum of individuals from any age group.
    But will it be a classy gas station?
    Oh yes, several classes. We'll have Regular, Premium, Deluxe, and Deluxe-Deluxe.
    LOL...



    We are a playful bunch at times, Krystine...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Oh, I only just saw the caption.
    Pfft, a foul and unjustified calumny.

    My original thought was that you were showing that Shlunka and I had the public approval of seals.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Oh, I only just saw the caption.
    Pfft, a foul and unjustified calumny.

    My original thought was that you were showing that Shlunka and I had the public approval of seals.
    LOL...The seals are your advisory team for chess!

    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Aspiring Psychologist Krystine L. Buckmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10
    Oh goodness, you guys are awesome. xD
    ~ Intellectuals Can Change the World ~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystine L. Buckmaster View Post
    Hello, my name is Krystine Buckmaster. I am a novelist, a poet, and hopefully soon I will be a published author. I have a blog for the intellectually gifted and work on improving it often. I am 2 grades ahead in school, hoping to be 3 soon, and aspire to be a child and adolescent clinical psychologist.
    Long ago, I worked with a man named Len Buckmaster. Would you possibly hail from the Chicago area?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Aspiring Psychologist Krystine L. Buckmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10
    Somewhat close the the Chicago area. I asked my dad, he said it's possible we could be related but we don't know for sure.
    ~ Intellectuals Can Change the World ~
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystine L. Buckmaster View Post
    Oh goodness, you guys are awesome. xD
    "Wicked" is now buzz, according to my wife! jocular
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Hello!
    Pleased to meet you. I am sure you will fit in the SF.

    May I ask what the topics are of your novels?
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Introduction
    By john.e.mack in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
  2. Introduction
    By mvb in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
  3. Introduction
    By chopper1987 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •