Notices
Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KALSTER

Thread: Over active mind phenomenon

  1. #1 Over active mind phenomenon 
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Alight guys names andy. Hope I am in the right place here for help. A few months back I started trying to come up with my own solution for world peace , as you do but came to the conclution very quickly the monetory system must be abolished but what would take its place. The answer was simple for that but in order for it to work I needed to study the human species past, prestent and future which opened up a whole world of answers about atoms , dna, emf and much more. I have hit a stage now were I need all the logical true answers I can my hands on about a theory I have.Thanks for any help in adavnce!


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,241
    Cool. We are at your disposal. Welcome.


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Like your sig kalster, kinda how I try to see my life.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,241
    How old are you Andy, if you don't mind me asking? I am asking, because you seem to have come here with a lot of enthusiasm, but with very little knowledge at all. You also have some reallly naive ideas about physics.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    I am 31 and I have come here to help me get my facts straigh
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by andythomasthekey View Post
    I am 31 and I have come here to help me get my facts straigh
    Can I suggest that you ask questions and listen to the answers (rather than just asserting what you believe - which doesn't seem to have much basis in reality).
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by andythomasthekey View Post
    I am 31 and I have come here to help me get my facts straigh
    Wow.........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,241
    I thought you were much younger.

    Let me give you a bit of friendly advice. Before trying to come up with your own ideas about things, take the time to try and learn at least the basics first. I don't know if you did physics at school, but you don't seem to have even close to a high school level understanding. I know it is fun to wonder about this stuff, but without knowing the basics you will inevitably produce ideas that are very far removed from being even coherent. I urge you to take some time and do some studying to find out what we already know and how we got to know them. Also learn a bit about how the scientific method works.

    Without these basics there is little point to coming to a science forum and posting about whatever you have imagined next. Ask questions rather than trying to give answers when you are in no position to do so. There is no shame in ignorance, only in willful ignorance. If you have any questions along this path of discovery, we will be here to help you, unless you pepper us with naive "theories". I do hope you take this advice.

    Good luck
    Strange and westwind like this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Note taken, I shall ask before I state about something I am unsure about.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    I decided to reasearch voltage a bit more in depth to gather a better understanding. A guy called william J beaty says that voltage isn't really talked about in school and is hidden away and talked about as static. Thats prob why my vision of it was a little clouded.

    Anyway he talks about e-fields and how the spread out across the universe, like I have tried to suggest.

    In actual fact he has alot to say about whole the educational system failing to explain what electricity actually is and what is taught in most schools is misleading.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    What I was taght in 5th grade (50 years ago) is the same as I was taught in high school, and is the same as Ohms Law always has been and always will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Your eductcation was good to you wayne, mine let me down or I didn't listen enough. Either way I understand the principle of the relationship with voltage and current and it wasn't far from what I origionaly thought it to be.

    So given that we could be the voltage produced by the emf whats stopping current, on a small level passing through our heads body, feet and in to the soil and back through the rock into the earths core?

    Or am I still barking up the wrong tree here :S
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by andythomasthekey View Post
    So given that we could be the voltage produced by the emf
    I don't know how "we could be the voltage produced by the emf" means.

    whats stopping current, on a small level passing through our heads body, feet and in to the soil and back through the rock into the earths core?
    The lack of a suitable voltage. If you put your fingers into an electrical outlet (don't try this) then current will flow through your body, feet and into the earth. This will not make you heavier or alter gravity in any way. But it might kill you.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    The other part of the answer is the "R" in Ohms Law. Your body has a high resistance to current flow. SO a large voltage is required for uch current to be conducted through you. this is a good thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    wayne daft question but would hot or cold influence my resistance to current flow?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    Certainly would.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    would i have to be colder to have less current flow or hotter?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    It depends on the substance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    could substance be refered to as resistance then...ohns law?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    All substances (even superconductors) have some resistance to electricity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    They do give up eventually over time and if I am quoting einstein right now he did say in a round about way - Tme is the measurement of mass moving, if I am to put it coherently surley?

    Is it safe to say one of the two here : electricity is the speed and number of electrons moving with the emfield and voltage, or the speed and number of electrons moving within an emfield and voltage?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    No it's not safe to say. Please educate YOURSELF about the subject.

    We really are not here to teach a 31 year old 5th grade science.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    I totally appreciate what you and others are saying here, I am trying to find answers to my my pre-school question I know but I am a very quick leaner, most times.

    Now you say it its not safe to say but given the fact we know it goes on in the relative world, tin cans rusting and other decomposing things breaking down, so it must happen in the microscopic world an we know it does. Does the same happen in the direction of space (Universe) but matter doesnt break down, expands? And like in the microsopic world things happen but we don't see them because they are so small but it happens. And out in space we can see things far out and they move quite slowly but are so far aawy its hard to estimate there real size speed etc, but we can have a good guess as far as the eye can see.

    So I will keep most of my discussions revative to everyone without talking to much about the far off unknown and stick to the facts. If I am wrong about something please try to understand I want something good to come of this
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    sigh...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteorWayne View Post
    sigh...
    At least pull me apart on what I say, you must enjoy sharging your knowledge otherwise you wouldn't be here, passing on knowledge is a form of nostalgia...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteorWayne View Post
    sigh...
    At least pull me apart where I am going wrong, helping people can be a form of nostalgia. What did I get wrong above? I now know how emf voltage and electricity roughly work, I understand the principles.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    480
    .
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Strange phenomenon
    By Eonos115 in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 19th, 2011, 05:40 AM
  2. Active Users
    By John Galt in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 15th, 2009, 03:16 PM
  3. Top Phenomenon
    By zythum in forum Biology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 7th, 2007, 05:59 AM
  4. Radio active pollution
    By Ashok in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 18th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •