Notices
Results 1 to 57 of 57
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By skeptic
  • 1 Post By Neverfly
  • 1 Post By curious mind
  • 1 Post By shlunka
  • 1 Post By Neverfly
  • 1 Post By Neverfly
  • 1 Post By shlunka

Thread: Was Hitler a vegetarian?

  1. #1 Was Hitler a vegetarian? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Reading about Margot Woelk, find many newspapers interviews describing the vegetarian dishes she had to taste to make sure they weren't poisoned.
    I was Hitler's food taster: Margot Woelk tells how she was forced to eat the Fuhrer's vegetarian meals to make sure they weren't poisoned | Mail Online

    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle3683153.ece


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,789
    Who cares? I'd think if you want to learn about a subject it would be better to research what that thing is rather than who uses it. Why not find out about the subject so that you can decide if you want to try it so that information you learn will help you decide if its something that you, not others, really want to do.


    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Who cares? I'd think if you want to learn about a subject it would be better to research what that thing is rather than who uses it. Why not find out about the subject so that you can decide if you want to try it so that information you learn will help you decide if its something that you, not others, really want to do.
    I have no idea about the composition of his diet, neither see any reason to follow a diet only because a personage did it.

    There is a Hitler's well-documented biography written by a Nazi reporter, later nationalized american, which mention he was a vegetarian. Knows you the author?

    I find it interesting because apparently its root is the occultism. How a highly rational strategist, advised by eminent scientists, could adopt a diet based on mythology?...

    In an occult sciences treatise I have read about the Pythagorean Diet. Exist historical documents evidencing that vegetarianism was practiced in Greece, Egypt, etc?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    occult sciences
    Oxymoron.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    I suppose within the near future I will be reading a thread trying to link his vegetarianism with his sadistic behaviors.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    I suppose within the near future I will be reading a thread trying to link his vegetarianism with his sadistic behaviors.
    Are you suggesting Margot Woelk is a fraud? Or The Times newspaper is?

    I felt i posted a legitime question of historical interest. Did i something wrong apart of my terrible syntax?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,843
    I agree with the "Who cares" comment.

    If you had posted a comment to the effect that vegetarianism leads to violent behavior and cited Hitler as an example, there might have been some interest. But just that Hitler was a vego????

    Frankly, I don't give a damn.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    I suppose within the near future I will be reading a thread trying to link his vegetarianism with his sadistic behaviors.
    Are you suggesting Margot Woelk is a fraud? Or The Times newspaper is?

    I felt i posted a legitime question of historical interest. Did i something wrong apart of my terrible syntax?
    I'm only insinuating at the triviality of the thread. While it may be true, it's inconsequential to Hitler's personality. Sorry if I seemed rude, it's kinda my thing.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    It is not ground breaking or particularly shocking or anything, but I find it interesting enough...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    It is not ground breaking or particularly shocking or anything, but I find it interesting enough...
    Would've been more interesting had he been a cannibal though.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    This is not the right forum
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    It is not ground breaking or particularly shocking or anything, but I find it interesting enough...
    I see 2 intriguing aspects:

    1 If it is a well-documented fact that Hitler was a vegetarian, how his undernourished brain almost conquered the entire Europe? Can you aproximately calculate the IQ of Hitler? He was an extremely dangerous defy to the US.

    2 Could Hitler have been naive, supertitious enought to risk his health trying a vegetarian experiment? Or he had scientific evidence (maybe from a secret source?) that his vegetarian blends (whatever composition it could have) was the healthiest diet?

    A german professor, WW2's bibliophile who had to join the Nazi militia tell me Hitler never 'touched' a piece of meat.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    I see 2 intriguing aspects:
    1 If it is a well-documented fact that Hitler was a vegetarian, how his undernourished brain
    Huh?
    What makes you think a vegetarian diet leaves you "undernourished"?

    almost conquered the entire Europe?
    Right, because it was all entirely his own plan with no input whatsoever from anyone else.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    It is not ground breaking or particularly shocking or anything, but I find it interesting enough...
    Would've been more interesting had he been a cannibal though.
    I can't believe you make fun of it. Historians don't find important the incredible possibility that maybe one of the most brilliant militar strategist could have been the consequence of a vegetarian nutrition? Why historians never mentions food habits? Is it any sort of tabu?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    What makes you think a vegetarian diet leaves you "undernourished"?
    Was a colloquial way to say controvertial diet, non-ortodox, widely accepted nutrition.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Hitler ad drastically reduced his meat intake, but did not remove it entirely.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Historians don't find important the incredible possibility that maybe one of the most brilliant militar strategist could have been the consequence of a vegetarian nutrition?
    What makes you think his "career" was a result of his diet?
    How many other vegetarians have gone down a similar route?
    And no, Hitler was not a "brilliant military strategist". He was basically an incompetent who got lucky a couple of times and let it go to his head.

    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Was a colloquial way to say controvertial diet, non-ortodox, widely accepted nutrition.
    WTF is "controversial" about vegetarianism? Or "non-orthodox"?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,843
    I agree with the duck.
    Hitler was no genius. He was no strategist. In fact, he was the best weapon on the side of the allies, due to his overall incompetence.
    Headdresser likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,506
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    2 Could Hitler have been naive, supertitious enought to risk his health trying a vegetarian experiment?
    I don't know much about the subject, but from the little I have read he had all sorts of crackpot beliefs and superstitions. So if he thought that a vegetarian diet was the secret to becoming Master of the Universe, regrowing the missing testicle and becoming a great artist, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

    But in what way would he be risking his health? Millions, maybe billions, of people have a vegetarian diet either through choice or necessity.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I don't know much about the subject, but from the little I have read he had all sorts of crackpot beliefs and superstitions.
    I'm not a fan. Don't get me wrong...
    But this point here is worthy of debate in a thread of its own, really... Because there is a certain bias against Adolf Hitler that makes certain accounts happily accepted whether accurate or not.

    But from what I have read, Hitler himself was not that superstitious nor a big believer in the occult and wacky things as he often is portrayed to be.
    Rather, he had the standard mild delusions of religion and God, but paid little attention to the occult and in fact, discouraged it's contemplation from high ups in the Nazi party who were interested in it. In the course of decades, what the men around him engaged in was eventually attributed to Hitler himself, who toward the end was in a somewhat drug and ego induced stupor to really know that much about what his generals were doing.
    He did suffer from the standard paranoia of a dictator, however. He purged some higher ups. An example is Rommel (The Desert Fox) but even here, Hitler had good evidence for his purges, rather than delusion. Rommel did, indeed, turn on Hitler and conspire to remove him from power.

    That said, he was a lunatic that believed that genocide was a key to human superiority rather than education, recognition of accomplishment and freedom.
    Strange likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    I can't believe you make fun of it. Historians don't find important the incredible possibility that maybe one of the most brilliant militar strategist could have been the consequence of a vegetarian nutrition? Why historians never mentions food habits? Is it any sort of tabu?
    For one there's likely no link between vegetarians and intelligence unless malnutrition is involved.

    Also, few would say Hitler was a "brilliant military strategist." If anything, Germany successful campaigns were executed when Hitler let his generals run things and disasters often directly attributed to his personal involvement in their planning and execution.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    The Holy Land is everywhere Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I don't know much about the subject, but from the little I have read he had all sorts of crackpot beliefs and superstitions.
    I'm not a fan. Don't get me wrong...
    But this point here is worthy of debate in a thread of its own, really... Because there is a certain bias against Adolf Hitler that makes certain accounts happily accepted whether accurate or not.

    But from what I have read, Hitler himself was not that superstitious nor a big believer in the occult and wacky things as he often is portrayed to be.
    Rather, he had the standard mild delusions of religion and God, but paid little attention to the occult and in fact, discouraged it's contemplation from high ups in the Nazi party who were interested in it. In the course of decades, what the men around him engaged in was eventually attributed to Hitler himself, who toward the end was in a somewhat drug and ego induced stupor to really know that much about what his generals were doing.
    He did suffer from the standard paranoia of a dictator, however. He purged some higher ups. An example is Rommel (The Desert Fox) but even here, Hitler had good evidence for his purges, rather than delusion. Rommel did, indeed, turn on Hitler and conspire to remove him from power.

    That said, he was a lunatic that believed that genocide was a key to human superiority rather than education, recognition of accomplishment and freedom.

    It's difficult to know for sure how much Hitler really believed himself, but what is fact is the support he gave to Heinrich Himmler who really was a total occult freak.

    Hitler was also a supporter of the Welteislehre theory, for which you can make of it what you will.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welteislehre
    Last edited by Ascended; April 2nd, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    2 Could Hitler have been naive, supertitious enought to risk his health trying a vegetarian experiment?
    But in what way would he be risking his health? Millions, maybe billions, of people have a vegetarian diet either through choice or necessity.
    Billions? Opps...opps...prove it!!
    And...
    through necesity?... what you mean? God o' the HARDEST, HEAVYEST SCIENCE!! illuminte his answers!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Hitler ad drastically reduced his meat intake, but did not remove it entirely.
    Prove it!!, for Gods Sake!, Is this a science forum or am i an Asperger?... Which kind of language you use? Im becoming crazzeee.

    Oh my darling Oh my darling Oh my darling Clementine...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Hitler ad drastically reduced his meat intake, but did not remove it entirely.
    Prove it!!, for Gods Sake!, Is this a science forum or am i an Asperger?... Which kind of language you use? Im becoming crazzeee.

    Oh my darling Oh my darling Oh my darling Clementine...
    What- because somehow the "h" disappeared from the word, "had?"
    The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin from the ... - Google Books
    "After midnight would direct that there should be another light snack of turtle soup, sandwiches, and sausages."
    Robert Payne, The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler(New York: Praeger, 1973), pp. 346-7.

    Call me crazy... But I do not define Vegetarianism as the practice of eating sausages, cooked ham and caviar... But what do I know... I'm just a lowly meat eater.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    And no, Hitler was not a "brilliant military strategist". He was basically an incompetent who got lucky a couple of times and let it go to his head.
    He is a synomyn of inhumanity, what he did is unforgiveable, but beyond the emotional devastation it causes, could you publish a ranking of the 5 most intelligent militar strategist of IIXX, IXX, XX centuries, excluding him? The plan of an incompetent pushed americans to carry out the nuclear anihilation of Hiroshima & Nagazaky?

    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Was a colloquial way to say controvertial diet, non-ortodox, widely accepted nutrition.
    WTF is "controversial" about vegetarianism? Or "non-orthodox
    The fatal macrocytic amenia dued to a lack of b-12 vitamin, the folate, iron bioavailability of vegetal sources, inexistence of vegetal sources of some essential aminoacids as valine, etc.
    Ortodox is what Harvard teachs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    He is a synomyn of inhumanity, what he did is unforgiveable, but beyond the emotional devastation it causes, could you publish a ranking of the 5 most intelligent militar strategist of IIXX, IXX, XX centuries, excluding him? The plan of an incompetent pushed americans to carry out the nuclear anihilation of Hiroshima & Nagazaky?
    Nice spelling. And yes, Hitler was in charge of the Japanese armed forces...
    Hang on... No, he wasn't.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Hitler ad drastically reduced his meat intake, but did not remove it entirely.
    Prove it!!, for Gods Sake!, Is this a science forum or am i an Asperger?... Which kind of language you use? Im becoming crazzeee.
    The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin from the ... - Google Books
    "After midnight would direct that there should be another light snack of turtle soup, sandwiches, and sausages."
    Robert Payne, The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler(New York: Praeger, 1973), pp. 346-7.

    Call me crazy... But I do not define Vegetarianism as the practice of eating sausages, cooked ham and caviar... But what do I know... I'm just a lowly meat eater.
    Robert Payne and the Secret Dossier are reliable? Is Payne the famous ex-nazi biographist, nationalized american after the war?...

    The Nazy Party hosted one of the first international conferences on animal protection: Was Hitler a Vegetarian? The Paradox of the Nazi Animal Protection Movement | Psychology Today
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    He is a synomyn of inhumanity, what he did is unforgiveable
    Which is nothing to do with tactical or strategic genius.

    could you publish a ranking of the 5 most intelligent militar strategist of IIXX, IXX, XX centuries, excluding him?
    Here's one list that doesn't mention him.
    Here is one comment on his "outstanding" military foresight: Hitler had imagined a short war against France, and then the conquest of the USSR. He had wrongly assumed that Britain would be an ally in the west against France, and so he did not foresee an enduring war in the west.
    That worked out as planned, didn't it?
    Hitler... wasn't he the guy that pointed out when he came to power that the easiest way to lose a war was to fight on two fronts? And then went on to attack Russia before Europe was conquered. Another foolproof plan!
    Can you name any particularly clever strategy Hitler came up with?

    The plan of an incompetent pushed americans to carry out the nuclear anihilation of Hiroshima & Nagazaky?
    Um, Hitler didn't plan on the US getting into the war.

    The fatal macrocytic amenia dued to a lack of b-12 vitamin, the folate, iron bioavailability of vegetal sources, inexistence of vegetal sources of some essential aminoacids as valine, etc.
    Right. Because, as we, all know, there's no other way to get those except by eating meat.
    And, for your information: Macrocytic anemia ... occurs when the mucous membrane of the stomach is defective

    Ortodox is what Harvard teachs.
    Then the vast majority of humanity is unorthodox, and has had unorthodox educations.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    The Nazy Party hosted one of the first international conferences on animal protection: Was Hitler a Vegetarian? The Paradox of the Nazi Animal Protection Movement | Psychology Today
    Oh, your own link: The extent of Hitler's vegetarianism, however, is a matter of dispute. Laura, for example, tells me that Hitler occasionally ate sausages. (See Rynn Berry's Hitler: Neither Vegetarian Nor Animal Lover.)
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Robert Payne and the Secret Dossier are reliable? Is Payne the famous ex-nazi biographist, nationalized american after the war?...
    No to all above. He is not an ex-nazi... But I did some checking after I posted that and his reliability is questionable. Give me a bit of time to research and I retract that reference.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    885
    he probably was a vegetarian by propaganda, but i don't see what him being 1 would prove/disprove.
    Neverfly likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by curious mind View Post
    he probably was a vegetarian by propaganda, but i don't see what him being 1 would prove/disprove.
    It would prove nothing and would provide evidence only for his political diet preferences.

    I think it was Rynn Berry I meant to reference, by the way, but cannot remember the name of the book in question (Although a google search would probably help... I just don't care enough to bother with it right now.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,506
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    But in what way would he be risking his health? Millions, maybe billions, of people have a vegetarian diet either through choice or necessity.
    Billions? Opps...opps...prove it!!
    It was a guess (See that word "maybe"). I'm not going to research how many vegetarians there are in the world. Because it isn't important.

    And...
    through necesity?... what you mean?
    Because they don't have access to meat. They may be too poor or otherwise have a restricted diet. But I guess (*) most vegetarians do it through choice (or for cultural reasons).

    But you haven't answered the question: why do you think he would be risking his health? There are plenty of healthy vegetarians.

    (*) So, no I am not going to "prove it".
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    But you haven't answered the question: why do you think he would be risking his health? There are plenty of healthy vegetarians.
    'Cause in those times, vegetalism (the term used by german healer L. Kuhne) was considered an extravaganza of oriental gurus. Or an esoteric formula knowed only by millonaires members o' the Thule Society
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Because if he was a vegetarian by propaganda and ignored this: fatal macrocytic amenia dued to a lack of b-12 vitamin, the deficient bioavailability of iron from vegetal sources, the inexistence of vegetal sources of some essential aminoacids as valine, etc. his bromatology could have been resulted in a disaster.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Because if he was a vegetarian by propaganda and ignored this: fatal macrocytic amenia dued to a lack of b-12 vitamin
    Already shown to be wrong. See post #29.

    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    'Cause in those times, vegetalism (the term used by german healer L. Kuhne) was considered an extravaganza of oriental gurus. Or an esoteric formula knowed only by millonaires members o' the Thule Society
    Absolutely.
    Oh, wait:
    St Francis of Assisi
    Clara Barton (Founder American Red Cross)
    Jeremy Bentham
    William Blake (Poet)
    Charlotte Bronte (Writer)
    Buddha (Philosopher)
    Albert Einstein (Physicist)
    Epicurus (Philosopher)
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Sir Isaac Newton
    Pythagoras
    Sir Mark Oliphant
    Sir Isaac Pitman
    Plato
    Plutarch
    Pope Porphry
    Srinivasa Ramanujan (probably the best Indian mathematician in the last 1000 years)
    Henry Salt
    Isaac Bashevis Singer
    George Bernard Shaw
    Albert Schweitzer
    Mary Shelley
    Percy Shelley (poet)
    Socrates
    Leo Tolstoy (Russian writer)
    Nikola Tesla (inventor eg of AC Current)
    Henry David Thoreau
    Tolstoy
    Mark Twain
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Voltaire
    Alice Walker
    HG Wells
    John Wesley
    William Wordsworth
    for example.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    885
    by propaganda i mean the image of how/who he was produced by his pr staff, in short - a fake one. the guy was a nutto and a prime example of the phrase 'talk is cheap'.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Absolutely.
    Oh, wait:
    St Francis of Assisi
    Clara Barton (Founder American Red Cross)
    Jeremy Bentham
    William Blake (Poet)
    Charlotte Bronte (Writer)
    Buddha (Philosopher)
    Albert Einstein (Physicist)
    for example.
    See post # 3. I previously asked on the Pythagorean Diet. And on historiological evidence o' vegetarianism practiced in ancient times
    Where is the evidence o' Eiseinstein's vegetalism, Leonardo DiCapr DiVinci's vegetalism, HG Wells
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,659
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Where is the evidence o' Eiseinstein's vegetalism, Leonardo DiCapr DiVinci's vegetalism, HG Wells
    The guy was called Einstein. Eisenstein was someone else altogether.
    Have you tried Googling?
    I'm not here to do your work for you.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Because if he was a vegetarian by propaganda and ignored this: fatal macrocytic amenia dued to a lack of b-12 vitamin
    Already shown to be wrong. See post #29.

    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    'Cause in those times, vegetalism (the term used by german healer L. Kuhne) was considered an extravaganza of oriental gurus. Or an esoteric formula knowed only by millonaires members o' the Thule Society
    Absolutely.
    Oh, wait:
    St Francis of Assisi
    Clara Barton (Founder American Red Cross)
    Jeremy Bentham
    William Blake (Poet)
    Charlotte Bronte (Writer)
    Buddha (Philosopher)
    Albert Einstein (Physicist)
    Epicurus (Philosopher)
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Sir Isaac Newton
    Pythagoras
    Sir Mark Oliphant
    Sir Isaac Pitman
    Plato
    Plutarch
    Pope Porphry
    Srinivasa Ramanujan (probably the best Indian mathematician in the last 1000 years)
    Henry Salt
    Isaac Bashevis Singer
    George Bernard Shaw
    Albert Schweitzer
    Mary Shelley
    Percy Shelley (poet)
    Socrates
    Leo Tolstoy (Russian writer)
    Nikola Tesla (inventor eg of AC Current)
    Henry David Thoreau
    Tolstoy
    Mark Twain
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Voltaire
    Alice Walker
    HG Wells
    John Wesley
    William Wordsworth
    for example.
    Oh is that all...... :P
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    I remember my history teacher telling the class that Hitler was indeed vegetarian but that all arose from a deep fear of cancer, which was what his mom died from.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    885
    i heard he claimed to be a vegetarian, no alcohol drinking person to propagate his supernatural vision, while he drank alcohol/enjoying meat trying to convince others into his dumb believe. he lasted for a while, then he was gone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I live in Los Angeles but travel a lot and spend some time in Mexico.
    Posts
    1,509
    Hitler is in bold below:

    Famous proclaimed Vegetarians
    (including dairy)


    Leonardo da Vinci

    Thomas Alva Edison

    Benjamin Franklin

    Leo Tolstoy

    Mohandas Gandhi

    George Bernard Shaw

    Brigitte Bardot

    Albert Einstein

    Mike Tyson

    Mary Shelley

    Carl Lewis

    Jane Goodall

    Upton Sinclair

    Prince Rogers Nelson (Prince)

    Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers)

    Paul McCartney

    Pamela Anderson


    (to name a few)


    Vegetarians, advised by doctors for health reasons

    Steven Jobs

    Bill Clinton

    Adolf Hitler (infamous)



    Estimated percent of adult vegetarians based upon 2013 Pollings:



    India 40% (mostly Hindu)

    China 1% (mostly Buddhists)

    Japan (less than 1/2 %)

    Australia 4%

    New Zealand 2%

    France 2%

    Germany 9%

    Italy 10%

    England/ United Kingdom 3%

    USA 8%

    Canada 6%

    Brazil 8%

    Switzerland 5%

    Spain and Portugal (less than 1/2 %)

    Russia (less than 1/2 %)

    Sweden 4%

    Denmark, Norway 3%

    Mexico, central and South America, (except Brazil) (less than 1%)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Forum Freshman Headdresser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Germany
    Posts
    70
    Simple answer: YES he was.
    At least according to most who witnessed his meals, including is girlfriend (who complained about the meat-free meals)
    Even if this is not proven...I guess his main motive was that he wanted to be healthy and he thought that vegetarianism IS the healthiest way to live.
    But I don't know exactly why or when he became a vegetarian.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Nope, I'm pretty sure Hitler was a German, not a vegetarian.
    Dywyddyr likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Austrian.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Austrian.
    German, Austrian, Arabian, Muslim, African, Mexican, all foreigners are the same to me. <BTW, I have yet to determine if that emoticon is a lightbulb, or a startled cyclops.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    <BTW, I have yet to determine if that emoticon is a lightbulb, or a startled cyclops.
    I thought it was an emoticon that bent over.
    shlunka likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    <BTW, I have yet to determine if that emoticon is a lightbulb, or a startled cyclops.
    I thought it was an emoticon that bent over.
    Not sure, I wouldn't know what it looks like...
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Not sure, I wouldn't know what it looks like...
    You live in Virginia.
    shlunka likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Not sure, I wouldn't know what it looks like...
    You live in Virginia.
    Oh that's right!!! We have cows here!
    Neverfly likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Not sure, I wouldn't know what it looks like...
    You live in Virginia.
    Oh that's right!!! We have cows here!
    The girls in Maryland are pretty big too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Not sure, I wouldn't know what it looks like...
    You live in Virginia.
    Oh that's right!!! We have cows here!
    The girls in Maryland are pretty big too.
    Actually I was exploring my beastiality, but, girls can be neat too.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Actually I was exploring my beastiality, but, girls can be neat too.
    Shlunka, we're off topic... But yes- I strongly recommend that you get a girl. Use that brain of yours to wow one. Pique her interest with intellect. It's not always about that bent over emoticon, you know... It's about umm...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Actually I was exploring my beastiality, but, girls can be neat too.
    Shlunka, we're off topic... But yes- I strongly recommend that you get a girl. Use that brain of yours to wow one. Pique her interest with intellect. It's not always about that bent over emoticon, you know... It's about umm...
    It's about her believing that Hitler was a vegetarian. Back on topic.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    It's about her believing that Hitler was a vegetarian. Back on topic.
    Exactly. Yes. Get a girl that believes Hitler was a vegetarian (And a F-head).
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Why Did Hitler Fail?
    By Stanley Huang in forum History
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: March 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM
  2. Can you hurt the fetus by being vegetarian?
    By Raziell in forum Biology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM
  3. Hitler
    By thevignesh in forum History
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 30th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •