Notices
Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Help me out !! : (

  1. #1 Help me out !! : ( 
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Hi! every1, can any one help me out with my problem --
    --My eyes are like sometimes itching, it happens after i wash my face, also by splashing some water into my eyes, just to clean them !!
    --Now, when air strikes to my eyes, my eyes are like watering little bit, so i need to keep them bit kinda closed when wind blows. Hey, don't think that i fully close my eyes only little bit !!
    Also, my eyes get covered with small amount of water secreted by my eyes, and it creates a faded kind of picture, So, i need to blink my eyes 2 or 3 times to remove that !!
    I'll be really thankful to you all if someone could help me out of this !!
    8)


    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  

    Related Discussions:

     

  3. #2  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    792
    See your doctor or optician, we cant diagnose you here & it would be wrong to try,


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Well.. I had itching eyes long time ago, the doctor said it's cos I have a light allergy to dust, maybe you have that too but you maybe more sensetive to dust than I am...

    Awkwardly enough, I no longer have itching eyes... It's some weird shyt man...

    If ya have allergies of any sort I recommend drinking lots of chinese green tea, it helps alot to people with monir/major allegries, besides, it's like coffee
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    See your doc!

    Try wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes

    I sometimes get dry eyes especially from working on the computer so i use eyedrops such as Optrex that have witch hazel in and that really helps.

    Are you getting enough sleep?

    Another great remedy for sore eyes and a treat is to get hold of some chamomile tea bags which you can usually get from the supermarket, put 2 in a cup with a little bit of boiling water, let them steep til the water is cold, squeeze most of the water out and then lay down and relax with one on each eye.

    That's a great quick fix for puffy eyes as well!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    thnx selene and hanuka for your concern about me !! Well..selene i sleep at 10:30 pm or 11:30 pm mostly and i wake up in the morning at 4:30 am !! So, do you think that, this much of sleep is enough ??
    I also think this happened due to fast biking and due to this, hot wind has been striking my eyes quite often !!
    So, you got any opinions for the above mentioned !!
    : )
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Your sleeping pattern is just right, although it's quite unusual but it's still fine.
    Mostly I sleep around 5-7 hrs at night, then a few hours at school and a few more at house if I'm really really tired, but that's only cos I have nothing to do at school and I'm a fan of siestas xD

    I still suggest checking yourself for allergies, dust allergy is quite common and it does have the effect on your eyes as you mentioned earlier... You never can know what allergies you have untill you checked for them...

    Eather way, go see you doc asap.

    P.S. Why the hell do you go sleep so early??
    I have a friend who has your kind of sleeping pattern, well... He's more hardcore as he goes to sleep at 8PM but wakes up at 5AM-ish then goes for a morning jogging...
    If you have nothing good to do at the morning then I suggest resorting to caffeine such as coffee or tea so you won't get tired so early.
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Dude, cuz of study ! you can't ignore them !! you know, how important they are !! don't ya !! : )
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    you have school at 5AM?!
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Well first of all, everyone has different sleep needs depending on environmental, genetic, and activity factors. For example I need at least eight hours a night. Also, 30-60 minutes of nap or meditation is good during midday; it will help boost your concentration and awareness (among other things).

    Second, allergies are all in your head.
    An intolerant is a substance that causes actual harm to the body whereas an allergy is a substance that causes the body to hurt itself unnecessarily. Like a phobia, an irrational fear. With a little concentration you can rid yourself of most allergies. Yes, feel free to beat me now.

    Now to the original question. My eye doctor told me once that I have chronic dry eye. My response was "O RLY? Can't say I've noticed that before". I asked him what causes it and the response was "we don't know". Wow, I love doctors, they are so helpful (that's a joke, I really do admire a good doctor).
    So I did some testing on myself. I came up with this.
    The eyes can feel dry or itchy if they are cold. Or the opposite, if they are swollen. Also, if they are strained (fixed in one position for too long). For example, computer work or watching TV. Some people don't blink often enough. Not enough sleep was a big one for me. If I didn't get enough sleep the night before my eyes would be going crazy late in the day.

    Here are some good things to do. Massage lightly around the eyes with warm hands. If the eyes are swollen use cold wet cloth or ice pack meant for the eyes. Remember to blink often. Practice eye exercises. Hold the eyes looking far in each direction and move the eyes in circles. Resting the eyes is good as well (I mentioned naps and meditation earlier).

    Fish oil and carrots are good for the eyes. Some eye drops are good as well however, it is my opinion to stay away from these so as not to be accustomed to them. I've used caster oil directly on my eyeball before going to sleep at night. It makes your eye feel like a freshly greased ball bearing (although, most people advise against it, saying that caster oil can irritate the eyes).

    I like Selene's suggestions as well. I'm going to have to try that chamomile one some day.

    Hope you figure something out. Just listen to your body, it usually tells you all you need to know. Don't be reactive, be proactive.

    -DaBOB
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    you have school at 5AM?!
    No !! who said my school starts from 5:00 am !!
    Self Study, going through all of my courses !!
    It's all about that !!
    Well.... My school starts at 8:00 am
    :P
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Yea, i know, DaBOB !! well... nice thoughts, It was whole like an essay !! nice one !!!! 8)
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Well Yash it's good to hear you are taking your studies seriously and working hard for them, i wish other youngsters were as diligent.

    Another good remedy is steam.

    Fill a bowl with hot steamy water, stick a towel over your head put your head over the bowl and give yourself 10 minutes in the morning immersed in the steam with your eyes open.

    Don't make the water too scalding and don't put your face too near.

    Or you could get hold of a humidifier for the room you work in so the air isn't too dry.

    Another good way of cleaning your eyes, keeping them most as well as getting rid of any built up stress from all the hard work is having a good cry!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Well Yash it's good to hear you are taking your studies seriously and working hard for them, i wish other youngsters were as diligent.

    Another good remedy is steam.

    Fill a bowl with hot steamy water, stick a towel over your head put your head over the bowl and give yourself 10 minutes in the morning immersed in the steam with your eyes open.

    Don't make the water too scalding and don't put your face too near.

    Or you could get hold of a humidifier for the room you work in so the air isn't too dry.

    Another good way of cleaning your eyes, keeping them most as well as getting rid of any built up stress from all the hard work is having a good cry!
    Ain't it used for sinuses problems? :?
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Well Yash it's good to hear you are taking your studies seriously and working hard for them, i wish other youngsters were as diligent.

    Another good remedy is steam.

    Fill a bowl with hot steamy water, stick a towel over your head put your head over the bowl and give yourself 10 minutes in the morning immersed in the steam with your eyes open.

    Don't make the water too scalding and don't put your face too near.

    Or you could get hold of a humidifier for the room you work in so the air isn't too dry.

    Another good way of cleaning your eyes, keeping them most as well as getting rid of any built up stress from all the hard work is having a good cry!
    Ain't it used for sinuses problems? :?
    Well yes

    That's another advantage of this method

    But it's good for the eyes too

    Yash was suffering with dry itchy eyes.

    In fact steam inhalation is a great way to start the day especially if you add a drop of essential oil such as chamomile or lavender to relax or olbas oil to wake you up and clear your nose.

    Chamomile tea bags are one of my saviors!

    I often use them on my eyes as i said before or i will make a steam inhalation out of the infusion.

    Aromatherapy using a tealight under a small bowl of water with a few drops of essential oil is a good way to get moisture into the air as well as taking advantage of the oils qualities.

    In fact rosemary and basil are great aids for study and concentration as well as memory. It's a combination i often use when i'm studying hard.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    essential oil such as chamomile or lavender
    ...Aromatherapy using a tealight
    ...rosemary and basil...
    Jeeze, why not prescribe a candlelit rose petal bath & vanilla ice cream while you're at it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    essential oil such as chamomile or lavender
    ...Aromatherapy using a tealight
    ...rosemary and basil...
    Jeeze, why not prescribe a candlelit rose petal bath & vanilla ice cream while you're at it?
    Mmm......that sounds fab although not sure about the ice cream, it might melt!

    A good rub down with some scented oils would go well though



    P.s what's the matter Pong, don't you get pampered much?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    what's the matter Pong, don't you get pampered much?
    My Body, Mind & Spirit? No... but I got a top line circular saw today. I'm in paradise!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    what's the matter Pong, don't you get pampered much?
    My Body, Mind & Spirit? No... but I got a top line circular saw today. I'm in paradise!
    (SIGH)......Men are so easily pleased!

    I sometimes i wish i was

    Perhaps that's why us women have to go to such great lengths to relax?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Bah, a few good puffs of nargila is just what I need to switch to chillin` mood

    But if theres` no nargila around and I'm in stress situation I just take one or two big good whiffs of the air and it gets me set xD
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    I'll admit to that um the aromathing Selene mentioned. I've got "cedar" and "orange". Orange is good hot with a hoppy bitter sweating on the ledge. Cedar, with an orange. Drop the peel into the water.

    I believe the world is craving a new incense: tobacco smoke. Fragrant Havana, or Hanuka's Nargila. Cones or sticks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I'll admit to that um the aromathing Selene mentioned. I've got "cedar" and "orange". Orange is good hot with a hoppy bitter sweating on the ledge. Cedar, with an orange. Drop the peel into the water.

    I believe the world is craving a new incense: tobacco smoke. Fragrant Havana, or Hanuka's Nargila. Cones or sticks.
    Nah.... tobacco is nasty and it smells horrible!

    Fresh air is good although that's a rarity where i live especially with the current craze for monstrous four wheel drives that drink a gallon a mile and my flatulent boyfriend!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I believe the world is craving a new incense: tobacco smoke. Fragrant Havana, or Hanuka's Nargila. Cones or sticks.
    That's the spirit! :-D
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I believe the world is craving a new incense: tobacco smoke. Fragrant Havana, or Hanuka's Nargila. Cones or sticks.
    That's the spirit! :-D
    Hanuka what is nargila?

    Is it tobacco or is it some kind of cannabis or hashish?

    Tobacco doesn't relax you. In fact it does the opposite and increases your heart rate and raises your blood pressure.

    So how can it possibly be relaxing??

    i used to smoke, but i stopped because i could actually feel it draining my energy out when i was smoking a ciggy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Nargila ('Hookah' in english) device looks something like this;


    Ya can put hashish or marijuana or anything else in there but mostly ya smoke nargilla tobbacco in it(usually comes in fruit flavours)

    btw, nargila very muchly relaxes me maybe cos it gives out alot of smoke when you inhale so the smoke goes easely to the lungs without causing chocking
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Very popular device in Cairo, where English speakers callled it a hubbly-bubbly. Nice illustration.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Yea, i know, DaBOB !! well... nice thoughts, It was whole like an essay !! nice one !!!! 8)
    Thanks, I like to be thorough.

    'tis good to know others are diligent in their studies. I know way to many people who think life is about parties and alcohol. Sometimes they complain about how board they are. I wish I could be board sometimes.

    Just remember that you function better when you are healthier. If you work too hard you end up wasting more time. You get tired at the end of the day and go "what in the world did I do today"?

    I'm taking a few years off of school, and I have three priorities. Sleep, Meditation, and learning to learn (speed reading/typing, and other training that builds discipline.) True discipline comes from within.

    And yeah, that steam thing does work. Whenever I open the dishwasher at work it feels so nice. Then I realize that there's some nasty mix of chemicals floating in that mist and get my face away as soon as possible. :x
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB

    Then I realize that there's some nasty mix of chemicals floating in that mist and get my face away as soon as possible. :x

    haha !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Very popular device in Cairo, where English speakers callled it a hubbly-bubbly. Nice illustration.
    lol, hubbly-bubbly
    usually me and my mates name our.. hubby bubblys
    my current nargila`s name is 'Serenity' :-D
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    hey !! everyone, i got my problem solved out !! i had conjunctivitis !!
    am still recovering !!
    and getting better *****
    Thank You, Everyone !! 8) !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    what`s conjuctibitis?
    sorry, but im tottaly dumb when it comes to ilments names
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    what`s conjuctibitis?
    sorry, but im tottaly dumb when it comes to ilments names
    An eye infection.

    Edit: Almost always caught in public swimming pools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Well.. I had itching eyes long time ago, the doctor said it's cos I have a light allergy to dust, maybe you have that too but you maybe more sensetive to dust than I am...

    Awkwardly enough, I no longer have itching eyes... It's some weird shyt man...

    If ya have allergies of any sort I recommend drinking lots of chinese green tea, it helps alot to people with monir/major allegries, besides, it's like coffee
    Green tea cure allergies, and like coffee does?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by i_feel_tiredsleepy
    An eye infection.

    Edit: Almost always caught in public swimming pools.
    Yes, "i_feel_tiredsleepy" is right Hanuka !!
    it's exactly what he said !! 8)
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Well.. I had itching eyes long time ago, the doctor said it's cos I have a light allergy to dust, maybe you have that too but you maybe more sensetive to dust than I am...

    Awkwardly enough, I no longer have itching eyes... It's some weird shyt man...

    If ya have allergies of any sort I recommend drinking lots of chinese green tea, it helps alot to people with monir/major allegries, besides, it's like coffee
    Green tea cure allergies, and like coffee does?
    Green tea helps the body to deal with allergies, and its like coffee because it has high rates of caffeine in it, not like coffee in its medical propouses that is...

    Yes, "i_feel_tiredsleepy" is right Hanuka !!
    it's exactly what he said !! 8)
    lol, kk got it mate
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleycameron
    Hi yash, well its great to read the post like this one...
    Now we came to know the answer for your problem..
    austin dentist
    Thanks Ashley for your reply !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •