Notices
Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: Astigmatism

  1. #1 Astigmatism 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    55
    Hi,


    If you have an Astigmatism could you inform me if your vision has become worse or better over time? I was told by my ophthalmologist that my vision would get better but it appears to have become worse. I think the glasses I was given have circular lenses.


    Kevster


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman Silex7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    93
    i dunnt have Astigmatism,..but why r u not sure of the lens u use?,..cylendrical lenses r efficent ,..


    "Nothing can be accepted in this world, if it did not pass the mathematical proof."

    Leonardo Da Vinci
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    55
    I'm not sure of them because my vision appears to be getting worse. I will have to return to the ophthalmologist I feel.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    isn't astigmatism a permenant thing?

    if it is i don't think its the type of thing that gets better, worse you should be concerned about.
    that and i fail to see how glasses ever make peoples vision improve in the long run.
    i myself am short-sighted and as i'm told short-sightedness is caused by the lense either being too small and fat or just not stretching out like its ment to when looking at distant objects. i have been wearing glasses for over half a year, givin that my vision deteriorated over a period of a year or so (thank you playstation), i know that this is not enough time for changes to occur. however what really gets me is that if my lense is still contracted when i put my glasses on it should stay that way while wearing the glasses. benifit of being able to see with a contracted lense? hardly an encouragement to get better.

    how long have you been wearing your glasses?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    55
    Hey,


    I have been wearing these glasses for about a year now but only for computer-related work. I am beginning to consider wearing them for TV too because I noticed that I wasn't able to properly read the scores anymore for the World Cup games!

    I think Myopia is caused by the eyeball being slightly elongated and therefore your lens focuses the light before the retina. In Hyperopia the eyeball is too small and the light is focused to an imaginary point behind the retina. Astigmatism is caused by uneven curvature in the surface of the lens.

    The ophthalmologist definately said that I have an Astigmatism and also definately said that my vision would get better over time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    yea well i'm very much myopic then, sucks when you have to practically lean over the counter to see how much the meal your buying costs. trouble being i wasn't always this way so i assume that maybe over time some of my vision will be restored to its former glory. i'm not going to leave my fingers crossed though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    55
    True, you'd only end up with Arthritis if you kept those fingers crossed because they'd be crossed for a long long time...


    With Myopia your 'Near-Point' is nearer than people with normal vision. Therefore you should be able to focus on things closer than others. As it was in the past, the best watch-makers were all Myopics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    I have nearsited astigmatism and have definitely noticed my prescription changing, most likely for the worse. I have to get new prescriptions all the time. This tells me that my eyes are definitely changing and if that is possible I'm sure there is a way to make it better.

    Just something to look into if you havent already is Ayurveda. I have been doing some ayurvedic eye exercises but, it hasent been long enough to say whether or not they are helping. Also if you do the excersises but keep wearing the glasses it kinda prevents your eyes from healing.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman Starry.Skies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Universe is really big...but I'm somewhere out there.
    Posts
    32
    Yes, two people I know have vision that appears to be getting worse.
    Science is organized knowledge; wisdom is organized life.
    -Immanuel Kant
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    school
    Posts
    13
    zsd,fgask
    science
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by gallalayo84
    zsd,fgask
    and such is why you need to be able to see the keys to type some messages.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    astigmatism can change.
    The main factor for changing the surface of the cornea is our eyelid. The eye lids litteraly mold our cornea.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Hey, you know everything.

    Anyways, does astigmatism change for the better or for the worse or would you say it is random? If it is changing often does that mean something?
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    I don't know everything, but I went throught laser surgery (lasik) and have a minor problem wiht one of my eye, so I have the time for a lot of discussions with my ophtalmologist friend. I also spend 3 month of my life while I was a student in an ophtalmologic service, and it was a great experience

    I know that pregnancy also affect the the sphericity of the cornea.

    For your question I don't know, but I doubt that it change all the time : luckily.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Well, seeing as how I need a new prescription every 6 months I would say they are changing all the time. :?

    I would like to ask your opinion on something. What do you think of the Bates Method? Just incase you haven't heard of it I will try to explain. The idea is that your vision problems are caused by overstraining of eye muscles. Over time this causes distortion (or astigmatism). Does this seem realistic? Apparently doing certain eye excersizes and relaxation techniques can help restore the eyes natural shape.

    If you have no idea that's ok. I just thought I would ask.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    I do not know the Bates Method, but it seems that's our eyes where not fitted to look at short distances (school, books, TV, internet ...) all the day long.
    There is a correlation between myopia and intelligence, and may be it's more related to what I explained below, than a genetic trait.
    Our eyes where designed for hunting and collecting fruits. While you are hunting your eye do not work : the muscles of your cristallin are relaxed. While you look at a short distance, your cristallin is elongated by muscles. This muscles are attached at the internal surface of our eye. So mechanically when the muscles work, the eye tend to look like a football baloon (or a rugby ballon for those living in old europe) . So it's very possible that looking things at short distance too much induce (especially while you are a child) eye elongation. And when your eye is too long, you focus the image in front of your retina.
    And this is called myopia.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Guest
    I have an astigmatism defect which has been apparent to me for around 20 years, it seemed to have settled down after about 5, since then my prescription for glasses has not changed. I think it's got a little better but I am told this may be dur to the brain becoming 'used' to it and compensating a little. Great news when I was told this as it confirmed I have a brain! 8)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    I have an astigmatism defect which has been apparent to me for around 20 years, it seemed to have settled down after about 5, since then my prescription for glasses has not changed. I think it's got a little better but I am told this may be dur to the brain becoming 'used' to it and compensating a little. Great news when I was told this as it confirmed I have a brain! 8)
    No the great new, is that your brain is young enough to be able to compensate :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdoc
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    I have an astigmatism defect which has been apparent to me for around 20 years, it seemed to have settled down after about 5, since then my prescription for glasses has not changed. I think it's got a little better but I am told this may be dur to the brain becoming 'used' to it and compensating a little. Great news when I was told this as it confirmed I have a brain! 8)
    No the great new, is that your brain is young enough to be able to compensate :wink:
    Young? I was 70 a few days ago!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdoc
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    I have an astigmatism defect which has been apparent to me for around 20 years, it seemed to have settled down after about 5, since then my prescription for glasses has not changed. I think it's got a little better but I am told this may be dur to the brain becoming 'used' to it and compensating a little. Great news when I was told this as it confirmed I have a brain! 8)
    No the great new, is that your brain is young enough to be able to compensate :wink:
    Young? I was 70 a few days ago!
    As long, your brain will be able to compensate, you will be young.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdoc
    I do not know the Bates Method, but it seems that's our eyes where not fitted to look at short distances (school, books, TV, internet ...) all the day long.
    There is a correlation between myopia and intelligence, and may be it's more related to what I explained below, than a genetic trait.
    Our eyes where designed for hunting and collecting fruits. While you are hunting your eye do not work : the muscles of your cristallin are relaxed. While you look at a short distance, your cristallin is elongated by muscles. This muscles are attached at the internal surface of our eye. So mechanically when the muscles work, the eye tend to look like a football baloon (or a rugby ballon for those living in old europe) . So it's very possible that looking things at short distance too much induce (especially while you are a child) eye elongation. And when your eye is too long, you focus the image in front of your retina.
    And this is called myopia.
    O.K. That is awesome. Makes things much clearer (no pun intended).

    So, do you think that it is theoretically possible to reverse nearsightedness through proper training? Also, my mother is nearsighted. Do you think it has anything to do with genetics or just that so many people have it these days? If it does have something to do with genetics does that just mean I am more susceptible to it or can't avoid it at all? I wasn't born with it. I think I got my first glasses when I was about four or five years old.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdoc
    I do not know the Bates Method, but it seems that's our eyes where not fitted to look at short distances (school, books, TV, internet ...) all the day long.
    There is a correlation between myopia and intelligence, and may be it's more related to what I explained below, than a genetic trait.
    Our eyes where designed for hunting and collecting fruits. While you are hunting your eye do not work : the muscles of your cristallin are relaxed. While you look at a short distance, your cristallin is elongated by muscles. This muscles are attached at the internal surface of our eye. So mechanically when the muscles work, the eye tend to look like a football baloon (or a rugby ballon for those living in old europe) . So it's very possible that looking things at short distance too much induce (especially while you are a child) eye elongation. And when your eye is too long, you focus the image in front of your retina.
    And this is called myopia.
    O.K. That is awesome. Makes things much clearer (no pun intended).

    So, do you think that it is theoretically possible to reverse nearsightedness through proper training? Also, my mother is nearsighted. Do you think it has anything to do with genetics or just that so many people have it these days? If it does have something to do with genetics does that just mean I am more susceptible to it or can't avoid it at all? I wasn't born with it. I think I got my first glasses when I was about four or five years old.
    Well I just have a look on the Bates method, and the central fixation theory (wich is different than what I related here).
    Here is some quotes I found on seeing.org :
    Generally, no, for a number of reasons.
    1 Most optometrists learn in college that nothing can be done to improve vision

    2 Optometrists are trained to measure vision in a fixed way and to prescribe glasses.

    Bates teachers are more interested in people than in eyes, and work in an educational way.

    Knowledge of education is more relevant than experience in medicine.

    3 For the few optometrists who are aware of the value of the method it is still impossible for them to use it properly. The financial structure of an optometry practice means that an optometrist needs to see 3 or 4 patients an hour and preferably to sell all of them some glasses. Many will work directly or indirectly for optical companies, or have set up their business with big loans: they simply cannot afford to do it.
    That's clearly mean, that they are perfectly aware that optometrist think that the Bates method do not work. This quote is a preemptive answer to their critics.
    It's the typical way, such alternative therapist reply to critics :
    - you are ignorant of our method because of your teaching (but the teaching in medecine is always changing : a 10 years book is good for the garbage)
    - the money argument : very silly. Some physicians may be interested only in money, but most even if interest in money (like me) will never put their interest before the one of their patients
    - knowledge of education is more relevant than experience in medecine : what does that means ? . For me it means that there is no serious scientific studies (medical experience) to back up their claims
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Have you heard of Meir Shcneider?

    "As a teenager, after reading Braille until 17, Meir overcame blindness caused by congenital cataracts, glaucoma, and other serious problems, and today holds an unrestricted driver's license."

    http://www.visionaryaudiovideo.com/v...-bio.asp?id=72

    I don't think he had myopia so I'm not sure if what he teaches will help in this discussion.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB
    Have you heard of Meir Shcneider?

    "As a teenager, after reading Braille until 17, Meir overcame blindness caused by congenital cataracts, glaucoma, and other serious problems, and today holds an unrestricted driver's license."

    http://www.visionaryaudiovideo.com/v...-bio.asp?id=72

    I don't think he had myopia so I'm not sure if what he teaches will help in this discussion.
    do you seriously believe what he say ?

    look at that :
    Self-Healing has helped thousands improve from and reverse the progress of serious disorders and conditions such as multiple sclerosis, ALS, stroke, cerebral palsy, brain and spinal cord injury, polio and postpolio, muscular dystrophy, arthritis and osteoporosis, circulatory problems, chronic pain and fatigue syndromes, repetitive strain injuries, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, posture and spine problems including herniated disc, scoliosis, hyperlordosis, sciatica and more.
    I went to Lourdes last year. Many miracles are related, but there is only less than 100, and the last one is ten years old. Most of the old case where related to tuberculosis. In comparison to this man, lourdes is a joke.
    Sorry but it's not serious.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    I'm not saying I have any proof of whether or not this guy is real. I have heard alot about him though. Apparently he did multiple laser eye sugeries and his eye are very scared and none of the surgeries helped. I have seen a picture of his eyes (not sure if it is real of course). He is supposedly well respected. I will try to do more research.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB
    I'm not saying I have any proof of whether or not this guy is real. I have heard alot about him though. Apparently he did multiple laser eye sugeries and his eye are very scared and none of the surgeries helped. I have seen a picture of his eyes (not sure if it is real of course). He is supposedly well respected. I will try to do more research.
    I don't have any trust in someone who claim to cure : spine injurie, multiple sclerosis and poliomyelite.

    For his eyes I don't know, but I went two times throught laser surgery and I don't have any scar if you don't look at it with a magnificient device.
    Complications with laser surgery happen, like all surgeries (I had one) but I never hear of a cure of polyomielitis.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Your-Eyes...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

    All the reviews are good. I think I will buy it and see for myself. I'm sure it can help improve eye sight no matter what but, whether or not it can 'cure' it we shall see. Either way I think I'll be satisfied. I'll let yall know how it is.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB
    http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Your-Eyes-Meir-Schneider/dp/B0000AGQ6C/sr=8-1/qid=1159071710/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6519852-5668004?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

    All the reviews are good. I think I will buy it and see for myself. I'm sure it can help improve eye sight no matter what but, whether or not it can 'cure' it we shall see. Either way I think I'll be satisfied. I'll let yall know how it is.
    As the book is not expansive, it's a good solution. Try it and share your experience in some month.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30
    ***
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Guest
    I think you will find the brain can adjust a little if you have astigmatism, partially using memory to correct the image, I've had it for about 20 years now, and it seems to be better (I wear glasses only for driving or very close work), but any objective test I do shows no improvement, It's rather like my eyes 'changed' about 20 years ago but have not got worse since.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Searcher
    I was told that astigmatism can correct itself by wearing your glasses consistently but not near or far-sightedness, is it true?
    The way I understand it is that wearing glasses will do nothing but allow the problem to stay or maybe, but not likely, get worse. Think about it. If glasses make things clearer than why would your eyes change. But, if you don't wear glasses you can't see so they should change. That's if change has anything to do with glasses at all. If your glasses make things too clear maybe your eye could even get worse.

    I know my eyes have gotten significantly worse in the past few years.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Guest
    Dabob,

    sounds like you believe (as I do) in the trememdous self power of healing the body has, I don't take medicines, pills, (I only wear the glasses as I compelled to by law), since astigmatism is caused by the eye lens being 'out of shape' you should notice in very bright sunlight the error is less, as they pupils dilate with less light so more of the lens distortion becomes apparent. - I don't wear 'shades' or sun glasses which also helps.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30
    ***
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Guest
    Astig is the distortion of a lens, if you take a piece of paper and draw a cross on it in black ink, hold it up & astig shows as being one of the lines being out of focus or appearing to be several lines close together, turn the card through 90 degs and now the other line appears that way - ie always the horizontal or vertical line (or both to differeing degrees).

    Sightedness (short or long) is about the eye lens 'hardening' with age (usually between 40 and 50 I think) - it becomes inflexible at one end of it's range. This means your eye muscles can no longer focus through the whole range, my greandson can focus down to about 10cm - with me its more like 50cm.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30
    ***
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Guest
    No by one end of it's range I mean the muscles can no longer flex the lens throughout it's original range, such that the eye becomes unable to focus at either long or short range, like taking a pair of binoculars and restricting the range of eyepiece adjustment.

    Yes the two are different as I explained in one you simply cannot focus in the other the vision is slightly distorted (like the parallel lines).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Dabob,

    sounds like you believe (as I do) in the trememdous self power of healing the body has, I don't take medicines, pills, (I only wear the glasses as I compelled to by law), since astigmatism is caused by the eye lens being 'out of shape' you should notice in very bright sunlight the error is less, as they pupils dilate with less light so more of the lens distortion becomes apparent. - I don't wear 'shades' or sun glasses which also helps.
    Same, I haven't worn sunglasses for almost a year now. Also, if you wear sunglasses all the time and are inside alot than your eyes become very lazy and not able to adjust to light well. i.e. try looking at the sky on a sunny day (not in the direction of the sun). When I first tried this I started crying and couldn't keep my eyes open, but I have been getting better.I don't know if you followed the beginning of this thread (I tihnk it's on page 2) but, I bought a book on excersizes that are good for the eyes. The guy makes some good claims and I said I would report on any news. Well I still haven't had significant time to do the excersizes so I can't say much.

    Also, keep in mind that nearsightedness can also come at a younger age. I was diagnosed around age 4 or 5 with myopia (nearsightedness) and astigmatism. Sadly I have to wear my glasses for many things (homework, class, work, bicycling etc.), but I do my best.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2
    I believed that your experiencing nearsightednesses right now, well just a piece of advice try to go to a doctor for proper medication before it will develop uncombable effects. Early last year I undergo Lasik surgery for my astigmatism, my friend recommend me for Lasik exam in my2020 have you heard that? The exam includes a complete evaluation of the internal and external health of the eyes. They create a detailed map of the eyes and perform all of the visual tests necessary to prepare for LASIK. And the nice thing with Lasik-1 is they use the latest, most advanced technology to thoroughly determine your eligibility for LASIK. I don’t know if you already heard a Dr. Stephen B. Wiles, he is one of the surgeons and I can say one of the best in the world. Anyway just try to have a schedule exam for a FREE VIP LASIK your first step in achieving improved vision. Hope that one help you. Good luck…
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1
    Last year I undergo Lasik surgery for my nearsightedness and like the concern of other people im not comfortable in wearing contacts because my eyes are sensitive for infection so my friend recommend me for Lasik exam in my2020 have you heard that? The exam includes a complete evaluation of the internal and external health of the eyes. They create a detailed map of the eyes and perform all of the visual tests necessary to prepare for LASIK. And the nice thing with Lasik-1 is they use the latest, most advanced technology to thoroughly determine your eligibility for LASIK. I don’t know if you already heard a Dr. Stephen B. Wiles, he is one of the surgeons and I can say one of the best in the world. Anyway just try to have a schedule exam for a “See For Free” Plan” 12 months no payment, no interest to help finance your new 20/20 vision. your first step in achieving improved vision. Hope that one help you. Good luck…
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    414
    As with every other type of shortsightedness or farsightedness your eyes will deteriorate over a period of time until the deterioation evens out. I have astigmatism myself. I believe you can get it fixed with laser eye surgery. At least thats what I've been led to believe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Here what is it an astigmatism
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Hi all!
    Here what i found -> http://eyesvisions.com/laser-correction astigmatism
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •