Notices
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Crop Circles

  1. #1 Crop Circles 
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    This is a phenomena which recently caught my attention and after extensive looking into I (and the scientists looking into it too apparently) still can't figure out what the cause of it is.

    OK, quick overview for those who aren't that familiar with these. Crop circles have been found all over the world for many centuries, but have mainly been focused around the United Kingdom and frequently around ley-lines and areas such as Stonehenge and Avebury (these areas are thought to be of spiritual significance, I don't know personally if this has anything to do with it, but this has been brought up in several of the documents I have found on this topic.)

    There have been many ideas on how these formations have been created, some like tornados have been ruled out completely very quickly, other theories talk about the Gaia or spirit of the Earth doing it to express her disgust at what is going on (something I disagree with but again, it's only a theory).

    Science is at a loss on how to explain this, they appear in a matter of minutes invarious locations, cameras in areas where they have appeared have not picked up anyone that could be doing these as a hoax (I mean the real thing here, not the actual hoaxes) and they have caused plane equipment to malfunction as they fly over areas where crop cirles have been found as well as having an effect on people and animals.

    I want to know people's opinions on these, ideas on how they could be formed and anything else, if you want to have a good look at some of the patterns that have been created I recommend here.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    I thought a group of people reproduced this with perfect accuracy proving it was nothing more then a hoax carried on by many generations?

    It's either people producing these or well "Aliens". The patterns don't conform to any known natural weather pattern and it's highly unlikely to be formed by anything without intelligence. That leaves us, or them


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    They can tell which ones are hoaxes and which ones aren't there are patterns in the way the crops are pressed down, almost woven into each other rather than crushed as well as the fact that thy aren't crushed or broken, rather bent because of extreme heat which lasts a very short time. It's even been suggested it's because of infrasound that this happens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    They can tell which ones are hoaxes and which ones aren't there are patterns in the way the crops are pressed down, almost woven into each other rather than crushed as well as the fact that thy aren't crushed or broken, rather bent because of extreme heat which lasts a very short time. It's even been suggested it's because of infrasound that this happens.
    I find it hard to believe then that natural causes could produce paterns like these. So are we talking aliens or what?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    Thats what I want to know and what I'm hoping to get people's opinions on, because frankly, I have no idea, it seems pretty far fetched, so what else can people come up with.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    Thats what I want to know and what I'm hoping to get people's opinions on, because frankly, I have no idea, it seems pretty far fetched, so what else can people come up with.
    Yah I have to admit this is one of those things I forgot about and just assumed it had been proven to be man made. If in fact their are still aspects that man can't produce then that sheds a whole new light on things, and leaves it unsolved.

    Hmm...like to hear what others have to say about this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Sophomore DEChengst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NLA0:
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    They can tell which ones are hoaxes and which ones aren't there are patterns in the way the crops are pressed down, almost woven into each other rather than crushed as well as the fact that thy aren't crushed or broken, rather bent because of extreme heat which lasts a very short time. It's even been suggested it's because of infrasound that this happens.
    They claim they can tell the difference. There are several examples of crop circles being made under the watching eye of TV shows. The experts are called in and claim that the circle can't have been made by man. I'm convinced all crop circles are hoaxes.
    PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h ;
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    31
    I'm convinced all crop circles are hoaxes.
    Conspiracy theorists seem to love them and seem to propogate the stories from time to time. I am also convinced these are nothing more than hoaxes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    Conspiracy theorists
    Hmm.. I'm not a fan of stereotypes, or the attitude towards 'Conspiracy theorists' really. Although I do not agree with them on many counts, there are things I agree with. Sometimes the lack of evidence can be quite convincing.

    They claim they can tell the difference. There are several examples of crop circles being made under the watching eye of TV shows. The experts are called in and claim that the circle can't have been made by man. I'm convinced all crop circles are hoaxes.
    Hardly a hard case against aliens. Still, I agree with you. If there are aliens and they are capable of remaining hidden from the majority of the world, I'm sure they are also capable of verbal communication and assimilating our language. Just in case though, we all have a watergun with us at all time, should they decide to invade .

    Mr U
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    The shocking part of all this is that the teams creating these "Hoaxes" have not been caught in action. It's been going on for years. I still think the evidence points to men here more then aliens
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Sophomore DEChengst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NLA0:
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    The shocking part of all this is that the teams creating these "Hoaxes" have not been caught in action. It's been going on for years.
    That's not very surprising as there aren't a lot of people that watch farmland in the middle of nowhere in the dead of night.

    One thing that I find really irritating about the "mystical believers" is that they often make claims like "Scientist have proven that the DNA in the crop circle is different from DNA outside the circle". If you ask what peer reviewed science journal published the result they will just ignore you. Using Google won't give you much more than "scientist have proven that ..".
    PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h ;
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    31
    Hmm.. I'm not a fan of stereotypes, or the attitude towards 'Conspiracy theorists' really. Although I do not agree with them on many counts, there are things I agree with. Sometimes the lack of evidence can be quite convincing.
    The evidence is that there is no evidence?

    Actually, my post was a bit of a hoax as well. I needed an 'h' early on in the post to encode my tin foil hat message.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    The shocking part of all this is that the teams creating these "Hoaxes" have not been caught in action. It's been going on for years. I still think the evidence points to men here more then aliens
    There was a pair of men a while back who were supposedly set up by the US military to take peoples minds off this, they were very obviously a load of bullshit.

    DEChengst, while people don't physically watch the farmland there have been times when surveilance cameras have been put around areas and not caught anything, even though the following morning they have caught the teams who have come to look at the circles.

    Some of the hoaxes are very good by comparison to the supposed real thing, some on the other hand are pathetic. Have a look at that link in my first post to get an idea of it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    The shocking part of all this is that the teams creating these "Hoaxes" have not been caught in action. It's been going on for years. I still think the evidence points to men here more then aliens
    There was a pair of men a while back who were supposedly set up by the US military to take peoples minds off this, they were very obviously a load of bullshit.

    DEChengst, while people don't physically watch the farmland there have been times when surveilance cameras have been put around areas and not caught anything, even though the following morning they have caught the teams who have come to look at the circles.

    Some of the hoaxes are very good by comparison to the supposed real thing, some on the other hand are pathetic. Have a look at that link in my first post to get an idea of it.
    As much as I would love to support these as some incredible finding, the fact that people have been able to create very good versions of these only acts to support the idea that even better people are making the rest of them. Do you know if these happened say 100 years ago?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    They have, it's been written as occuring since the 1800's and possibly before.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    They have, it's been written as occuring since the 1800's and possibly before.
    So what's your take on what causes them?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    NMN
    NMN is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Neither here nor there...
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    They have, it's been written as occuring since the 1800's and possibly before.
    So what's your take on what causes them?
    \

    Aliens. It's gotta be. Nothing else. Either that or Big Foot exists.
    Science doesn't follow English rules or exceptions.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Sophomore buffstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    157
    I was watching a show on the histroy channel, or one of those educational shows. Did you know that there are also ice circles? The same thing as crop circles, but in ice on frozen lakes. Pretty wierd if you ask me. The experts said it might be due to some magnetic something or another. I saw the show a while ago, so I can't remember it all that good.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. -Robert Heinlein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Eon
    Eon is offline
    Forum Freshman Eon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19
    I hadn't heard about ice circles, but after I ran a search on them they're less than spectacular, and far less complex (though so were crop circles 20 years ago, I dunno).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    I hadn't heard about ice circles, but after I ran a search on them they're less than spectacular, and far less complex (though so were crop circles 20 years ago, I dunno).
    Haaa, perhaps the aliens up north and south just haven't evolved as much yet
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Sophomore buffstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    157
    From what the "experts" were saying, it would be lot harder for a person to make "ice circles" than crop circles.
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. -Robert Heinlein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon
    They can tell which ones are hoaxes and which ones aren't there are patterns in the way the crops are pressed down, almost woven into each other rather than crushed as well as the fact that thy aren't crushed or broken, rather bent because of extreme heat which lasts a very short time. It's even been suggested it's because of infrasound that this happens.
    I find it hard to believe then that natural causes could produce paterns like these. So are we talking aliens or what?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zSc8M5N-78

    Watch the video O_O
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    414
    A large group of people have claimed that they produced most, if not all, of the modern crop circles which they then demonstarted. If there are any that they did not produce chances are that they weren't very elaborate and they are most likely caused by soem type of environmental or magnetic abnormality.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •