Notices
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 292

Thread: The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities

  1. #101  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Theory of relativity gets it to a point, because he has done a lot of home work on the topic, othere have not.

    Tim
    ahem *cough cough*

    I am a 'female' - this is why I get so much stick

    I shall check your link.
    I'm sorry about that Theory of relativity, I have not had time to look at your profile yet.

    Based on the way we both think, I believe we should compare notes sometime on this topic, if you don't mind.
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    I have an idea on how we can communicate with future out of body afterlife people in a way that can be measured, and if science is truly interested in making this happen in a timely manner, they should change the way they think about the topic.
    Science is not interested in changing anything based on a claim. Certainly not changing science itself.
    How is it changing science?

    Science should first listen to what I have to say, before they decide one way or the other. Anything else is bad communications on their part.
    SCIENCE HAS DONE SO COUNTLESS TIMES WITH SUCH CLAIMS. SCIENCE SHOULD DO NOTHING OF THE SORT WITH INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS UNTIL YOU PRODUCE EVIDENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME. SCIENCE HASN'T GOT UNLIMITED TIME TO LISTEN TO EVERY CLAIM IN THE WORLD.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    I have an idea on how we can communicate with future out of body afterlife people in a way that can be measured, and if science is truly interested in making this happen in a timely manner, they should change the way they think about the topic.
    Science is not interested in changing anything based on a claim. Certainly not changing science itself.
    How is it changing science?

    Science should first listen to what I have to say, before they decide one way or the other. Anything else is bad communications on their part.
    SCIENCE HAS DONE SO COUNTLESS TIMES WITH SUCH CLAIMS. SCIENCE SHOULD DO NOTHING OF THE SORT WITH INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS UNTIL YOU PRODUCE EVIDENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME. SCIENCE HASN'T GOT UNLIMITED TIME TO LISTEN TO EVERY CLAIM IN THE WORLD.
    I have evidence, but my evidence does not mean anything if they don't want to communicate.
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    I have an idea on how we can communicate with future out of body afterlife people in a way that can be measured, and if science is truly interested in making this happen in a timely manner, they should change the way they think about the topic.
    Science is not interested in changing anything based on a claim. Certainly not changing science itself.
    How is it changing science?

    Science should first listen to what I have to say, before they decide one way or the other. Anything else is bad communications on their part.
    SCIENCE HAS DONE SO COUNTLESS TIMES WITH SUCH CLAIMS. SCIENCE SHOULD DO NOTHING OF THE SORT WITH INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS UNTIL YOU PRODUCE EVIDENCE FOR THE FIRST TIME. SCIENCE HASN'T GOT UNLIMITED TIME TO LISTEN TO EVERY CLAIM IN THE WORLD.
    I have evidence, but my evidence does not mean anything if they don't want to communicate.
    Evidence communicates for itself!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Please explain how that works?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    GM does not believe in anything.

    Given the nature of evidence and the fact that to date the evidence for most things for which science claims to have evidence has since been found with NEW evidence to not be correct at all, we can conclude that evidence itself is lacking in good evidence that 'evidence' for anything indeed exists at all.

    Get me? No, right
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    GM does not believe in anything.

    Given the nature of evidence and the fact that to date the evidence for most things for which science claims to have evidence has since been found with NEW evidence to not be correct at all, we can conclude that evidence itself is lacking in good evidence that 'evidence' for anything indeed exists at all.

    Get me? No, right
    What a load of bollocks. Evidence is never incorrect, its just maybe incomplete.

    SCIENCE IS NOT FULL OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO BE WRONG. THAT IS AN IGNORAMUS'S TWISTING OF, SCIENCE BEING ALTERED WHEN FURTHER DISCOVERIES ARE MADE.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    Who retired and made you the spokes person for all of science?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    No one. You started generalizing it as a collective, so I replied correcting your ignorance in the same manner to avoid detraction from the point in question.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    No one. You started generalizing it as a collective, so I replied correcting your ignorance in the same manner to avoid detraction from the point in question.
    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    Have you ever thought out side the box before?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Constantly.

    To be a scientist, its pretty well mandatory.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Now we are getting some where.

    Please give me an example of you thinking out side the box?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    Forum Ph.D. Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    969
    You guys aren't starting a flame war are you? As remarkably indicative of intelligence as that might be, it probably doesn't belong in the thread. :?
    Wolf
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you." Alan Alda
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    You guys aren't starting a flame war are you? As remarkably indicative of intelligence as that might be, it probably doesn't belong in the thread. :?
    No im trying to educate the uneducated, you want to sit in?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Dear GM,

    Please refer to 'Paradigms lost' and 'paradigms regained' by John L Casti for volumes on information relating to what you call 'a few changes'.

    from web:

    "Amazon.com
    In Paradigms Regained, John Casti reexamines the six big questions he looked at in his 1989 book, Paradigms Lost: Did life begin naturally and on Earth? Is human behavior genetically determined? Is there a language organ in the human brain? Can computers think? Can we talk to ET? Is there a Real World?

    In Paradigms Lost, he presents the evidence for yes and no answers to each question as though in a trial by jury, with witnesses arguing for the prosecution and defense, then a summary of the evidence and a verdict. Paradigms Regained takes the same questions to an appeals court, summarizes the evidence from the "trial" and introduces new evidence from the intervening decade.

    Casti's goal is to show how science works, how "the single most characteristic feature of science is that its conclusions are tentative." So in three cases he now reaches a ruling of "appeal upheld," overturning his previous verdicts. In fact, the only one truly overturned is his conclusion of "not proven" to the question about the genetic determination of human behavior: he thinks the evidence for "yes" has become much stronger. In the cases of the origin of life and the existence of a Real World, he has kept the same one-word answers but now favors different mechanisms.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Dear Gm, so when the ancients believed the world was flat, they were not wrong?
    Oh here we go..............These people were not scientists! There was no evidence or measurement that led them to arrive at the earth being flat!

    Next myth to bust, please!
    When the ancient scientists running the joint at that time in the past, put some of what we know NOW as the greatest scientists of all time in the 'pseudoscience, lunatic' section of their own place in history' they were not wrong?
    No one has put any old scientist into the psuedo or looney bin. This is a misconception.


    Galileo wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    newton wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    Nextttttt!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Dear Gm, so when the ancients believed the world was flat, they were not wrong?
    Oh here we go..............These people were not scientists! There was no evidence or measurement that led them to arrive at the earth being flat!

    Next myth to bust, please!
    When the ancient scientists running the joint at that time in the past, put some of what we know NOW as the greatest scientists of all time in the 'pseudoscience, lunatic' section of their own place in history' they were not wrong?
    No one has put any old scientist into the psuedo or looney bin. This is a misconception.


    Galileo wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    newton wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    Nextttttt!
    you are sufferring from blind faith. Check out those two books I referred to.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    It seems that some notable scientists disagree with you GM


    "Concepts which have proved useful for ordering things easily assume so great an authority over us, that we forget their terrestrial origin and accept them as unalterable facts. They then become labeled as 'conceptual necessities,' etc. The road of scientific progress is frequently blocked for long periods by such errors." - Einstein

    "The mind likes a strange idea as little as the body likes a strange protein and resists it with similar energy. It would not perhaps be too fanciful to say that a new idea is the most quickly acting antigen known to science. If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated." - Wilfred Trotter, 1941

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false." -Paul Johnson "

    A list of a just a few more Good scientists rubbished by their peers: from web

    Arrhenius (ion chemistry)
    Alfven, Hans (galaxy-scale plasma dynamics)
    Baird, John L. (television camera)
    Bakker, Robert (fast, warm-blooded dinosaurs)
    Chandrasekhar, Subrahmanyan (black holes in 1930)
    Chladni, Ernst (meteorites in 1800)
    Doppler (optical Doppler effect)
    Folk, Robert L. (existence and importance of nanobacteria)
    Galvani (bioelectricity)
    Harvey, William (circulation of blood, 1628)
    John C. Lilly
    Krebs (ATP energy, Krebs cycle)
    Galileo (supported the Copernican viewpoint)
    Gauss, Karl F. (nonEuclidean geometery)
    Gilbert Ling,
    Binning/Roher/Gimzewski (scanning-tunneling microscope)
    Goddard, Robert (rocket-powered space ships)
    Goethe (Land color theory)
    Gold, Thomas (deep non-biological petroleum deposits)
    Gold, Thomas (deep mine bacteria)
    Lister, J (sterilizing)
    Margulis, Lynn (endosymbiotic organelles)
    Mayer, Julius R. (The Law of Conservation of Energy)
    Marshall, B (ulcers caused by bacteria, helicobacter pylori)
    McClintlock, Barbara (mobile genetic elements, "jumping genes", transposons)
    Newlands, J. (pre-Mendeleev periodic table)
    Nottebohm, F. (neurogenesis: brains can grow neurons)
    Ohm, George S. (Ohm's Law)
    Ovshinsky, Stanford R. (amorphous semiconductor devices)
    Pasteur, Louis (germ theory of disease)
    Prusiner, Stanley (existence of prions, 1982)
    Rous, Peyton (viruses cause cancer)
    Semmelweis, I. (surgeons wash hands, puerperal fever )
    Tesla, Nikola (Earth electrical resonance, "Schumann" resonance)
    Tesla, Nikola (brushless AC motor)
    J H van't Hoff (molecules are 3D)
    Warren, Warren S (flaw in MRI theory)
    Wegener, Alfred (continental drift)
    Wright, Wilbur & Orville (flying machines)
    Zwicky, Fritz (existence of dark matter, 1933)
    Zweig, George (quark theory) "


    "Some ridiculed ideas which had no single supporter:
    Ball lightning (lacking a theory, it was long dismissed as retinal afterimages)
    Catastrophism (ridicule of rapid Earth changes, asteroid mass extinctions)
    Child abuse (before 1950, doctors were mystified by "spontaneous" childhood bruising)
    Cooperation or altruism between animals (versus Evolution's required competition)
    Instantaneous meteor noises (evidence rejected because sound should be delayed by distance)
    Mind-body connection (psychoneuroimmunology, doctors ridiculed any emotional basis for disease)
    Perceptrons (later vindicated as Neural Networks)
    Permanent magnet levitation ("Levitron" shouldn't have worked)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Dear Gm, so when the ancients believed the world was flat, they were not wrong?
    Oh here we go..............These people were not scientists! There was no evidence or measurement that led them to arrive at the earth being flat!

    Next myth to bust, please!
    When the ancient scientists running the joint at that time in the past, put some of what we know NOW as the greatest scientists of all time in the 'pseudoscience, lunatic' section of their own place in history' they were not wrong?
    No one has put any old scientist into the psuedo or looney bin. This is a misconception.


    Galileo wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    newton wasnt proven wrong, he was just incomplete!

    Nextttttt!
    you are sufferring from blind faith. Check out those two books I referred to.
    WHAT????

    TAKE A SCIENCE CLASS FOR GODS SAKE, OR SHUT UP MISINTERPRETING SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

    Galileo made many discoveries that have been added to by Kepler and the likes, but were never wrong!

    Newton made many discoveries that were adjusted to accommodate the more accuracy of Einstein , but were never wrong!

    They are both still used in science today!

    And as for the novels..... I dont read fairy story's!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell

    And as for the novels..... I dont read fairy story's!
    They are not novels you plank.

    The author John L Casti
    from web:

    I received my Ph.D. in mathematics under Richard Bellman at the University of Southern California in 1970. ............


    In addition to these technical volumes, I have written several popular books on science: Paradigms Lost: Images of Man in the Mirror of Science (Morrow, 1989), which addresses several of the most puzzling controversies in modern science, Searching for Certainty: What Scientists Can Know About the Future (Morrow, 1991), a volume dealing with problems of scientific prediction and explanation of everyday events like the weather, stock market price movements and the outbreak of warfare, and Complexification (HarperCollins, 1994), a study of complex systems and the manner in which they give rise to counterintuitive, surprising behavior.

    A recent popular science volume is Five Golden Rules: Great Theories of 20th-Century Mathematics---and Why They Matter. It was published by John Wiley &Sons (New York) in September 1995. My most recent work of popular science is Would-Be Worlds, a volume on computer simulation and the way it promises to change the way we do science. It was published by John Wiley &Sons (New York) in October 1996.

    I have also written a volume of ``scientific fiction,'' involving Ludwig Wittgenstein, Alan Turing, J.B.S. Haldane, C.P. Snow and Erwin Schroedinger in a dinner-party conversation on the question of the uniqueness of human cognition and the possibility of thinking machines. It was published under the title The Cambridge Quintet by Little, Brown (UK) in December 1997 and by Addison-Wesley in the US in early 1998."




    Meanwhile check my latest above above yours. You will find that your view is not shared by some notable scientists.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    It seems that some notable scientists disagree with you GM


    "Concepts which have proved useful for ordering things easily assume so great an authority over us, that we forget their terrestrial origin and accept them as unalterable facts. They then become labeled as 'conceptual necessities,' etc. The road of scientific progress is frequently blocked for long periods by such errors." - Einstein

    "The mind likes a strange idea as little as the body likes a strange protein and resists it with similar energy. It would not perhaps be too fanciful to say that a new idea is the most quickly acting antigen known to science. If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated." - Wilfred Trotter, 1941

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false." -Paul Johnson "

    A list of a just a few more Good scientists rubbished by their peers: from web

    Arrhenius (ion chemistry)
    Alfven, Hans (galaxy-scale plasma dynamics)
    Baird, John L. (television camera)
    Bakker, Robert (fast, warm-blooded dinosaurs)
    Chandrasekhar, Subrahmanyan (black holes in 1930)
    Chladni, Ernst (meteorites in 1800)
    Doppler (optical Doppler effect)
    Folk, Robert L. (existence and importance of nanobacteria)
    Galvani (bioelectricity)
    Harvey, William (circulation of blood, 1628)
    John C. Lilly
    Krebs (ATP energy, Krebs cycle)
    Galileo (supported the Copernican viewpoint)
    Gauss, Karl F. (nonEuclidean geometery)
    Gilbert Ling,
    Binning/Roher/Gimzewski (scanning-tunneling microscope)
    Goddard, Robert (rocket-powered space ships)
    Goethe (Land color theory)
    Gold, Thomas (deep non-biological petroleum deposits)
    Gold, Thomas (deep mine bacteria)
    Lister, J (sterilizing)
    Margulis, Lynn (endosymbiotic organelles)
    Mayer, Julius R. (The Law of Conservation of Energy)
    Marshall, B (ulcers caused by bacteria, helicobacter pylori)
    McClintlock, Barbara (mobile genetic elements, "jumping genes", transposons)
    Newlands, J. (pre-Mendeleev periodic table)
    Nottebohm, F. (neurogenesis: brains can grow neurons)
    Ohm, George S. (Ohm's Law)
    Ovshinsky, Stanford R. (amorphous semiconductor devices)
    Pasteur, Louis (germ theory of disease)
    Prusiner, Stanley (existence of prions, 1982)
    Rous, Peyton (viruses cause cancer)
    Semmelweis, I. (surgeons wash hands, puerperal fever )
    Tesla, Nikola (Earth electrical resonance, "Schumann" resonance)
    Tesla, Nikola (brushless AC motor)
    J H van't Hoff (molecules are 3D)
    Warren, Warren S (flaw in MRI theory)
    Wegener, Alfred (continental drift)
    Wright, Wilbur & Orville (flying machines)
    Zwicky, Fritz (existence of dark matter, 1933)
    Zweig, George (quark theory) "


    "Some ridiculed ideas which had no single supporter:
    Ball lightning (lacking a theory, it was long dismissed as retinal afterimages)
    Catastrophism (ridicule of rapid Earth changes, asteroid mass extinctions)
    Child abuse (before 1950, doctors were mystified by "spontaneous" childhood bruising)
    Cooperation or altruism between animals (versus Evolution's required competition)
    Instantaneous meteor noises (evidence rejected because sound should be delayed by distance)
    Mind-body connection (psychoneuroimmunology, doctors ridiculed any emotional basis for disease)
    Perceptrons (later vindicated as Neural Networks)
    Permanent magnet levitation ("Levitron" shouldn't have worked)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I suppose you expect me to favour your view above those who are more qualified than you?
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    No! I ask you to favour the view of the most educated scientists over a kook!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell

    And as for the novels..... I dont read fairy story's!
    They are not novels you plank.

    The author John L Casti
    from web:

    I received my Ph.D. in mathematics under Richard Bellman at the University of Southern California in 1970. ............


    In addition to these technical volumes, I have written several popular books on science: Paradigms Lost: Images of Man in the Mirror of Science (Morrow, 1989), which addresses several of the most puzzling controversies in modern science, Searching for Certainty: What Scientists Can Know About the Future (Morrow, 1991), a volume dealing with problems of scientific prediction and explanation of everyday events like the weather, stock market price movements and the outbreak of warfare, and Complexification (HarperCollins, 1994), a study of complex systems and the manner in which they give rise to counterintuitive, surprising behavior.

    A recent popular science volume is Five Golden Rules: Great Theories of 20th-Century Mathematics---and Why They Matter. It was published by John Wiley &Sons (New York) in September 1995. My most recent work of popular science is Would-Be Worlds, a volume on computer simulation and the way it promises to change the way we do science. It was published by John Wiley &Sons (New York) in October 1996.

    I have also written a volume of ``scientific fiction,'' involving Ludwig Wittgenstein, Alan Turing, J.B.S. Haldane, C.P. Snow and Erwin Schroedinger in a dinner-party conversation on the question of the uniqueness of human cognition and the possibility of thinking machines. It was published under the title The Cambridge Quintet by Little, Brown (UK) in December 1997 and by Addison-Wesley in the US in early 1998."




    Meanwhile check my latest above above yours. You will find that your view is not shared by some notable scientists.
    Just fucking believe what trash you want and leave me alone.

    I dont spoon feed morons.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    No! I ask you to favour the view of the most educated scientists over a kook!
    are these guys kooks?

    "Concepts which have proved useful for ordering things easily assume so great an authority over us, that we forget their terrestrial origin and accept them as unalterable facts. They then become labeled as 'conceptual necessities,' etc. The road of scientific progress is frequently blocked for long periods by such errors." - Einstein

    "The mind likes a strange idea as little as the body likes a strange protein and resists it with similar energy. It would not perhaps be too fanciful to say that a new idea is the most quickly acting antigen known to science. If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated." - Wilfred Trotter, 1941

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false." -Paul Johnson "
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    Thank you for finding the time in your busy schedule to educate the uneducated, as you feel we are.

    You say you are a scientist, and it is pretty well mandatory to think out side the box.

    I find in my history, that people usually don't do very good at things that they feel are mandatory, compared to other people who do it, because they enjoy it .

    Please feel free to give me an example of you having to think out side the box?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    The more you learn about Physics the more you have to think beyond what you know and find intuitive.

    An example would be learning about wave mechanics and then going on to learn that when your resolve it further quantum laws apply.


    Its practically the job description of a scientist to challenge old science and bring about new. But always a scientist must adhere to the fundamentals of all science. detaching from the scientific method is not thinking out of the box as you are asking for, it is abandoning science, as science is defined.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    The more you learn about Physics the more you have to think beyond what you know and find intuitive.

    An example would be learning about wave mechanics and then going on to learn that when your resolve it further quantum laws apply.


    Its practically the job description of a scientist to challenge old science and bring about new. But always a scientist must adhere to the fundamentals of all science. detaching from the scientific method is not thinking out of the box as you are asking for, it is abandoning science, as science is defined.
    Everything to do with my idea is in the area where science is not defined.

    Science knows that energy can not be destroyed, it can only change form.

    Science knows that they can not tell you exactly what I am thinking

    Science does not know what is inside energy

    Science knows that they can not tell you what an out of body afterlife person is thinking

    Science is observation, I woke up in an out of body experience. I know it is real, and I measure it with what I had to work with at the time, my normal thoughts for that type of situation. It was kind of like how you are when you swim under water with your eyes open, but you did not have to worry about holding your breath.

    Thomas Edison believed in his out of box thinking, that he could communicate with afterlife people, he also said he would never build anything, if he did not think he could sell it. At the same time he felt this was possible, we had a President of the country, who only made fun of the idea, now Edison had already build a voting machine that was turned down by goverment, do you see where this out of box thinking was going.

    It is not in the best interest of some for this idea to become a reality, because they are not looking out side the box far enough.

    In 2005, BrainGate started reading people's thoughts.

    The first trained patient to ever use BrainGate dies, and they don't have a back up plan in place with him, for this type of situation.

    To me that was a very big mistake.

    Here you have a patient that knows how to use the machine, and then after he dies, you do not want to try and communicate with hum again.

    They should of talked about the possibility, they should of had a machine in place just for him, 24/7.

    What type of out of box thinking were they using?

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    What ever!

    I have no interest in reading a lecture about science from someone who has never studied the subject.


    Thank you.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    What ever!

    I have no interest in reading a lecture about science from someone who has never studied the subject.


    Thank you.
    Thank you Ghost of Maxwell for coming to this topic, and putting on a show that you are open minded by thinking out side the box, and then hiding behind a soap box.

    This topic has to be a good deal for both of us, and if you have something to hide, please fill free to check out a different site, because I do not have time for people who are playing games.

    For a scientist, you sure don't seam to like to read, listen, or learn much.

    I normally fire employees for the way you are acting.


    That is the one good thing about my topic, you don't have to play if you don't want too.


    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    What ever!

    I have no interest in reading a lecture about science from someone who has never studied the subject.


    Thank you.
    Thank you Ghost of Maxwell for coming to this topic, and putting on a show that you are open minded by thinking out side the box, and then hiding behind a soap box.

    This topic has to be a good deal for both of us, and if you have something to hide, please fill free to check out a different site, because I do not have time for people who are playing games.

    For a scientist, you sure don't seam to like to read, listen, or learn much.


    I normally fire employees for the way you are acting.


    That is the one good thing about my topic, you don't have to play if you don't want too.


    Thank you,
    Tim
    in science we have something called an abstract.. Scientist havent the time to read mountains of writing to scan for the gist of everything.

    It's not my job to be here. If you look up you will find that I actually did read your lecture in the end anyway.


    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #133  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Excuses? What ever, moron!

    What ever you have rebranded your fantasy as(there has been countless devices asserted to change spirituality into science before) , doesn't make a soul exist!

    Tell me, did you buy one of those $500 empty boxes/psychic time traveling devices off ebay?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #134  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Excuses? What ever, moron!

    What ever you have rebranded your fantasy as(there has been countless devices asserted to change spirituality into science before) , doesn't make a soul exist!

    Tell me, did you buy one of those $500 empty boxes/psychic time traveling devices off ebay?
    GM, do you make a habit of debating those you know are not as educated as you in science rather than debating/discussing with those who are MORE educated or your peers?

    If so ask yourself why as it seems clear to me, that your only purpose is to put people down and argue and you can only do that with those less scientifically educated than you as someone on your level or higher would most likely know that much of what you say is tripe.

    Am I wrong?
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #135  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Excuses? What ever, moron!

    What ever you have rebranded your fantasy as(there has been countless devices asserted to change spirituality into science before) , doesn't make a soul exist!

    Tell me, did you buy one of those $500 empty boxes/psychic time traveling devices off ebay?
    GM, do you make a habit of debating those you know are not as educated as you in science rather than debating/discussing with those who are MORE educated or your peers?

    If so ask yourself why as it seems clear to me, that your only purpose is to put people down and argue and you can only do that with those less scientifically educated than you as someone on your level or higher would most likely know that much of what you say is tripe.

    Am I wrong?
    Anyone with half my intelligence will know I speak the truth.

    I only wish to knock down those who spread ignorance and muck, in regard to science.


    Science is 100 times as open minded and adaptable as any religion!

    The scientific method is never wrong, it just doesnt know the complete story yet!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #136  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Excuses? What ever, moron!

    What ever you have rebranded your fantasy as(there has been countless devices asserted to change spirituality into science before) , doesn't make a soul exist!

    Tell me, did you buy one of those $500 empty boxes/psychic time traveling devices off ebay?
    GM, do you make a habit of debating those you know are not as educated as you in science rather than debating/discussing with those who are MORE educated or your peers?

    If so ask yourself why as it seems clear to me, that your only purpose is to put people down and argue and you can only do that with those less scientifically educated than you as someone on your level or higher would most likely know that much of what you say is tripe.

    Am I wrong?
    Anyone with half my intelligence will know I speak the truth.

    I only wish to knock down those who spread ignorance and muck, in regard to science.


    Science is 100 times as open minded and adaptable as any religion!

    The scientific method is never wrong, it just doesnt know the complete story yet!
    And if one day science shows that OBE's are possible, then what will you say, being as you have denied on behalf of all science that it is possible?

    Rather better to keep an open mind don't ya think.

    Meanwhile, I shall not respond to your posts if all you do is bark on about evidence. I've given my thoughts on that already.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #137  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    Please fill free to explain to me how my idea is not based on science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Because, all you are really asking science to do, is abandon its mountains of previous results(under controlled conditions) that say there is no evidence of soul or afterlife, in favour of hearsay.
    BrainGate has only been around since 2005, how much previous results do they have from 2005 to 2007?


    Please don't give me excuses, you say they think out side the box, do they just peak out from time to time, depending what mood they are in, and then go back into their confort zone, or do they really think out side the box, because to think out side the box correctly, you never have enough data.

    Why should we care what the weather should be tomarro, we already have so much information saved up.

    I have forgot more about this topic, that science care to know.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    Excuses? What ever, moron!

    What ever you have rebranded your fantasy as(there has been countless devices asserted to change spirituality into science before) , doesn't make a soul exist!

    Tell me, did you buy one of those $500 empty boxes/psychic time traveling devices off ebay?
    GM, do you make a habit of debating those you know are not as educated as you in science rather than debating/discussing with those who are MORE educated or your peers?

    If so ask yourself why as it seems clear to me, that your only purpose is to put people down and argue and you can only do that with those less scientifically educated than you as someone on your level or higher would most likely know that much of what you say is tripe.

    Am I wrong?
    Anyone with half my intelligence will know I speak the truth.

    I only wish to knock down those who spread ignorance and muck, in regard to science.


    Science is 100 times as open minded and adaptable as any religion!

    The scientific method is never wrong, it just doesnt know the complete story yet!
    And if one day science shows that OBE's are possible, then what will you say, being as you have denied on behalf of all science that it is possible?

    Rather better to keep an open mind don't ya think.

    Meanwhile, I shall not respond to your posts if all you do is bark on about evidence. I've given my thoughts on that already.
    WTF are you on?

    I already said: Demonstrate under controlled conditions that OBEs are real (even though, with 100s of opportunities , you have not once done so)and I will willingly accept your claims!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #138  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    So where do I find all this research that science has done with out of body afterlife people?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #139  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Just google it. You're bound to find a University somewhere that is researching it. The soul, in general, has been researched to death.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #140  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Just google it. You're bound to find a University somewhere that is researching it. The soul, in general, has been researched to death.
    Why dont you direct me straight to these places since you brought it up?

    Feel free to list those links on this thread.

    Thank you,

    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #141  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Its not something that is held up as the flagship of science, it always comes up fruitless in the department you are wanting confirmed. There has been some good human psychological data and brain physiology data resulting from this area though(but even that is nothing earth shattering to science).

    I dont know of any specific studies, but I have personally heard of 10s and 10s of these types of studies in my 28 years.

    Your google is as good as mine.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #142  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Its not something that is held up as the flagship of science, it always comes up fruitless in the department you are wanting confirmed. There has been some good human psychological data and brain physiology data resulting from this area though(but even that is nothing earth shattering to science).

    I dont know of any specific studies, but I have personally heard of 10s and 10s of these types of studies in my 28 years.

    Your google is as good as mine.
    You are the one making claims with no data, not me.

    I say it is possible, you tell me it is not, because they have studied my topic to death, and then you do not have any data to back that up.

    Next.......Time........ Bandit!!!!!
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #143  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Its not something that is held up as the flagship of science, it always comes up fruitless in the department you are wanting confirmed. There has been some good human psychological data and brain physiology data resulting from this area though(but even that is nothing earth shattering to science).

    I dont know of any specific studies, but I have personally heard of 10s and 10s of these types of studies in my 28 years.

    Your google is as good as mine.
    You are the one making claims with no data, not me.

    I say it is possible, you tell me it is not, because they have studied my topic to death, and then you do not have any data to back that up.

    Next.......Time........ Bandit!!!!!
    I have not said anything is impossible!

    What I will say is, that your claims are worthless to science.


    Any link I supply is not going to be accepted by you anyway, so do the research for yourself!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #144  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell

    WTF are you on?

    I already said: Demonstrate under controlled conditions that OBEs are real (even though, with 100s of opportunities , you have not once done so)and I will willingly accept your claims!
    you really are dense aren't you. I asked you to consider the future not the present.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #145  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Its not something that is held up as the flagship of science, it always comes up fruitless in the department you are wanting confirmed. There has been some good human psychological data and brain physiology data resulting from this area though(but even that is nothing earth shattering to science).

    I dont know of any specific studies, but I have personally heard of 10s and 10s of these types of studies in my 28 years.

    Your google is as good as mine.
    You are the one making claims with no data, not me.

    I say it is possible, you tell me it is not, because they have studied my topic to death, and then you do not have any data to back that up.

    Next.......Time........ Bandit!!!!!
    I have not said anything is impossible!

    What I will say is, that your claims are worthless to science.


    Any link I supply is not going to be accepted by you anyway, so do the research for yourself!

    For a science person you sure do assume a lot when it comes to your links and human behavior.

    Please feel free to explain why my claim is worthless to science?

    Please fell free to explain why this claim is worthless to science?

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #146  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell

    WTF are you on?

    I already said: Demonstrate under controlled conditions that OBEs are real (even though, with 100s of opportunities , you have not once done so)and I will willingly accept your claims!
    you really are dense aren't you. I asked you to consider the future not the present.
    You deserve to have never have come out of the dark ages and the pyre's that come with all witchhood.

    Instead you are riding on the backs of the progressors yet infecting them with your ignorance at every opportunity.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #147  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Please fill free to list the names of scientist in the field of out of body afterlife communication that I am infecting?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #148  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Please fill free to list the names of scientist in the field of out of body afterlife communication that I am infecting?
    I dont know any of them. They are dancing the thin line of being wackos (like yourself) to even study the likes of paranormal claims for the umpteenth time.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #149  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Please fill free to list the names of scientist in the field of out of body afterlife communication that I am infecting?
    I dont know any of them. They are dancing the thin line of being wackos (like yourself) to even study the likes of paranormal claims for the umpteenth time.
    Please fill free to tell them about me.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #150  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    On a side bar,

    They even have "My Space Picture" on the Internet under this topic now, check it out and tell me what you think?


    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=155925829

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #151  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    On a side bar,

    They even have "My Space Picture" on the Internet under this topic now, check it out and tell me what you think?


    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=155925829

    Thank you,
    Tim
    You think being on my space makes you more credible to scientists Tim?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #152  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    On a side bar,

    They even have "My Space Picture" on the Internet under this topic now, check it out and tell me what you think?


    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=155925829

    Thank you,
    Tim
    You think being on my space makes you more credible to scientists Tim?
    No, I thought this one was better for that.

    http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ie...dy+Possibility

    or this one,

    http://www.freewebs.com/tim4848/

    Thank you for asking,

    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #153  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Oh being seen as a looney on James Randi's site makes all the difference to what I thought of you.

    Thanks for sharing that.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #154  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Oh being seen as a looney on James Randi's site makes all the difference to what I thought of you.

    Thanks for sharing that.
    I am qualified to try their Million Dollar Challenge with an experiment that I have used in the past to communicate with out of body afterlife people.

    It is a touch sensor that lights up when something touches it. I got it from that electronic store in the mall.

    I have seen this devise work before, so I thought I would try it with them.

    I believe if I had Lisa Williams help, we could win that challenge

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #155  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    It is a touch sensor that lights up when something touches it. I got it from that electronic store in the mall.
    I take my hat off to you. A touch sensor is really going to prove beyond doubt that spirits exist.

    I hope you don't take offense, but have you ever had any psychiatric help, Tim?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #156  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    It is a touch sensor that lights up when something touches it. I got it from that electronic store in the mall.
    I take my hat off to you. A touch sensor is really going to prove beyond doubt that spirits exist.

    I hope you don't take offense, but have you ever had any psychiatric help, Tim?
    Nothing in this world has 'been proved BEYOND DOUBT'

    Everything we do will always carry an element of DOUBT. As we are still ignorant in the grand scheme of things.

    SO, GM, yes the task will fail due to weak willed bullshit wording of the offer. If the man making the offer had balls he'd word it differently. I'm surprised your superior intelligence was not aware of the fact that no one can prove anything in the manner detailed in the contracts terms and conditions?

    TIM read the wording of that contract very carefully , it is designed to set people up to fail.

    In my opinion, allegedly, blah blah
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #157  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    It is a touch sensor that lights up when something touches it. I got it from that electronic store in the mall.
    I take my hat off to you. A touch sensor is really going to prove beyond doubt that spirits exist.

    I hope you don't take offense, but have you ever had any psychiatric help, Tim?
    This type of experiment is the type they like not me, I want to use machines like BrainGate.

    I have forgot more about being normal, than some knows how to do it right.

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #158  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Nothing in this world has 'been proved BEYOND DOUBT'

    Well duh!

    .......Laymen seem to think so.

    You should note that I never express anything I accept, as "proven!"(unless we're talking maths proofs).

    Observe: I was only using the word "proven" in a sarcastic way, as something the likes of Tim would say.

    Stop playing politics and argue the point for once ToR.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #159  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    This is the type of math that I use:

    ...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.


    :-D
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #160  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    I wonder why science won't listen to me when I make a claim, I sure do listen to them when they are talking about me.

    "Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    Albert Einstein


    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #161  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    I wonder why science won't listen to me when I make a claim, I sure do listen to them when they are talking about me.
    Do you even know the difference between "listen to you" and "agree wholeheartedly with everything you splutter out"?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #162  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    I wonder why science won't listen to me when I make a claim, I sure do listen to them when they are talking about me.
    Do you even know the difference between "listen to you" and "agree wholeheartedly with everything you splutter out"?

    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #163  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Nothing in this world has 'been proved BEYOND DOUBT'

    Well duh!

    .......Laymen seem to think so.

    You should note that I never express anything I accept, as "proven!"(unless we're talking maths proofs).

    Observe: I was only using the word "proven" in a sarcastic way, as something the likes of Tim would say.

    Stop playing politics and argue the point for once ToR.
    no, you use 'proven', when trying to rubbish someones claims.

    What you know is nothing more that YOU have been taught. You are incapable of original thought or thinking for yourself. You can repeat your education, but that is it, and that's the problem we're having with communication (youvTim, you v me)

    You are NOT a thinker. You're a parrot.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #164  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Nothing in this world has 'been proved BEYOND DOUBT'

    Well duh!

    .......Laymen seem to think so.

    You should note that I never express anything I accept, as "proven!"(unless we're talking maths proofs).

    Observe: I was only using the word "proven" in a sarcastic way, as something the likes of Tim would say.

    Stop playing politics and argue the point for once ToR.
    no, you use 'proven', when trying to rubbish someones claims.

    What you know is nothing more that YOU have been taught. You are incapable of original thought or thinking for yourself. You can repeat your education, but that is it, and that's the problem we're having with communication (youvTim, you v me)

    You are NOT a thinker. You're a parrot.
    Are you deaf? Or just too far gone on your planet of loonies that you dont take a word in?

    I have more freedom of thought in my little finger than you have in your entire ineducable brain. :P
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #165  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    Nothing in this world has 'been proved BEYOND DOUBT'

    Well duh!

    .......Laymen seem to think so.

    You should note that I never express anything I accept, as "proven!"(unless we're talking maths proofs).

    Observe: I was only using the word "proven" in a sarcastic way, as something the likes of Tim would say.

    Stop playing politics and argue the point for once ToR.
    no, you use 'proven', when trying to rubbish someones claims.

    What you know is nothing more that YOU have been taught. You are incapable of original thought or thinking for yourself. You can repeat your education, but that is it, and that's the problem we're having with communication (youvTim, you v me)

    You are NOT a thinker. You're a parrot.
    Are you deaf? Or just too far gone on your planet of loonies that you dont take a word in?

    I have more freedom of thought in my little finger than you have in your entire ineducable brain. :P
    as long as you believe it, that's all that matters *pat, pat*
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #166  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    "The only way to last a really long time is to build something useful enough that people will want to keep it going after you die, and to cultivate a sense of ownership in other people. In short: make good shit and give it away as fast as you can."
    Lisa Williams
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #167  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    "The only way to last a really long time is to build something useful enough that people will want to keep it going after you die, and to cultivate a sense of ownership in other people.
    So why dont you try to do that?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #168  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    "The only way to last a really long time is to build something useful enough that people will want to keep it going after you die, and to cultivate a sense of ownership in other people.
    So why dont you try to do that?
    I'm working on it

    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #169  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    "The only way to last a really long time is to build something useful enough that people will want to keep it going after you die, and to cultivate a sense of ownership in other people.
    So why dont you try to do that?
    I'm working on it

    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
    ............Yes but that accounts for <1%!............>99% of that which takes the same journey(the non truths) also make it to stage 2.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #170  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    To whom it may concern,

    Something to think about:

    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
    - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

    "When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
    - Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)

    "Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    - Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

    - "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
    - Yogi Berra

    "The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C', the idea must be feasible."
    - A Yale University management professor in response to student Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

    "Everything that can be invented has been invented."
    - Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899

    "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy

    "The truth is more important than the facts."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

    "An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered."
    - Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936)

    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

    "We all agree that your theory is crazy, but is it crazy enough?"
    - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #171  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    We must not fall into the trap of thinking that if an idea is deemed crazy then it must be a scientific break thorugh, as not all of them are, some were and some will be, but not all of them.

    Few of them in fact.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #172  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    We must not fall into the trap of thinking that if an idea is deemed crazy then it must be a scientific break thorugh, as not all of them are, some were and some will be, but not all of them.

    Few of them in fact.
    That would be nice, if this topic was not crazy by nature to begin with:

    We have to go into our right brain a lot with this topic, that can get crazy just by itself.

    We have to do things that has never been done before

    We will be waiting over a period of time for results, that always leaves you open for self doubt.

    We are counting on somebody that we can not see to come through for us, as we try and come through for them at the same time.

    A lot of right direction wrong direction stuff.

    All we can do is the best that we can with what we have to work with.

    Thank you for reading my thoughts





    If you can't beet them at everything, so you better know how to dance.
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #173  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    We must not fall into the trap of thinking that if an idea is deemed crazy then it must be a scientific break thorugh, as not all of them are, some were and some will be, but not all of them.

    Few of them in fact.
    Wow! Thats 2 logical conclusions I've seen you come to, amongst your many assertions.

    very good!
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #174  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    We have to do things that has never been done before

    .
    The thing is Tim, what you are trying to suggest(a transmigrating soul) has been done countless times before.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #175  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Not the right way
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #176  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Not the right way
    iTS FUNNY BUT thats what your predecessors usually said.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #177  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer

    We have to do things that has never been done before

    .
    The thing is Tim, what you are trying to suggest(a transmigrating soul) has been done countless times before.
    What is a transmigrating soul?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #178  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Not the right way
    iTS FUNNY BUT thats what your predecessors usually said.
    If predecessors are what they are called before me, what are they called after me?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #179  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Not the right way
    iTS FUNNY BUT thats what your predecessors usually said.
    If predecessors are what they are called before me, what are they called after me?
    Successors.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #180  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    So what you are saying is you did not give them enough time or support to make it a reality.

    Why is that?

    You have no evidence to prove you are right

    People want the newest model of everything every year, but you don't want us to continue this type of research, why is that?

    Please list people in the past that felt BrainGate was the type of machine that will help us to communicate with future out of body people?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #181  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    So what you are saying is you did not give them enough time or support to make it a reality.
    Scientists have, and still do give paranormal claims plenty of their time .

    Why is that?
    Because scientists are incurably curious.
    You have no evidence to prove you are right
    See: every study taken in this area.

    I'm not your researcher.

    Failing that just look at the many mod-cons we have today thanks to the paranormal.

    People want the newest model of everything every year, but you don't want us to continue this type of research, why is that?
    I want us to advance, not stagnate in darkage myth.
    Please list people in the past that felt BrainGate was the type of machine that will help us to communicate with future out of body people?
    There has been countless flashy sounding devices, most seem to be empty boxes with superficial components.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #182  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    So what you are saying is you did not give them enough time or support to make it a reality.
    Scientists have, and still do give paranormal claims plenty of their time .
    Prove it by taking on my claim.

    Why is that?
    Because scientists are incurably curious.
    I have plenty to be curious about, we can become incurable together.

    You have no evidence to prove you are right
    Yes I do

    See: every study taken in this area.

    I'm not your researcher.

    Failing that just look at the many mod-cons we have today thanks to the paranormal.
    Science is not insane about anything, except thinging others are.

    People want the newest model of everything every year, but you don't want us to continue this type of research, why is that?
    I want us to advance, not stagnate in darkage myth.

    You say you do, but you are not showing it

    Please list people in the past that felt BrainGate was the type of machine that will help us to communicate with future out of body people?
    There has been countless flashy sounding devices, most seem to be empty boxes with superficial components.
    You did not list one single person who has tried to use BrainGate for this type of possibility.
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #183  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    So what you are saying is you did not give them enough time or support to make it a reality.
    Scientists have, and still do give paranormal claims plenty of their time .
    Prove it by taking on my claim.

    Why is that?
    Because scientists are incurably curious.
    I have plenty to be curious about, we can become incurable together.

    You have no evidence to prove you are right
    Yes I do

    See: every study taken in this area.

    I'm not your researcher.

    Failing that just look at the many mod-cons we have today thanks to the paranormal.
    Science is not insane about anything, except thinging others are.

    People want the newest model of everything every year, but you don't want us to continue this type of research, why is that?
    I want us to advance, not stagnate in darkage myth.

    You say you do, but you are not showing it

    Please list people in the past that felt BrainGate was the type of machine that will help us to communicate with future out of body people?
    There has been countless flashy sounding devices, most seem to be empty boxes with superficial components.
    You did not list one single person who has tried to use BrainGate for this type of possibility.
    I didnt list 1 single person who has used a tinfoil hat with "soulfinder 3000" stamped on it either.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #184  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    For someone of your maturity you seem naively willing to jump on to the latest bandwagon.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #185  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    For someone of your maturity you seem naively willing to jump on to the latest bandwagon.
    I started the band wagon with BrainGate

    Thank you,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #186  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    I haven't read the whole thing, but i heard this week that out of body experiences were replicated in the lab, i cant remember the exact details but it was a camera shooting the back of someones head and back that was being touched be some machine(or something) and this image was played back to a pair of goggles in real time given the wearer the feeling of being outside of their own bodies

    I cant remember the exact details or have links but it had a good success rate
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #187  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Tim do you think out of body experiences are a new thing?

    Do you know how long these things have been claimed and studied?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #188  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Tim do you think out of body experiences are a new thing?

    Do you know how long these things have been claimed and studied?

    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    I believe the potential for out of body experiences goes all the way back to the first thing to ever have energy thought.

    I believe the potential for out of body experinces will continue, as long as we have energy thought.

    This is a constant.

    An out of body experience is no different than what you are experiencing right now, except for the fact that it arc's out of the body, when the body shuts down.

    From your face to your monitor, how many atoms would you say is in that space?

    Let's say that one very small out of body afterlife is one, or a few of those atoms, depending on what kind of energy mood they are in.

    It would be pointless for us to try and find them, because we would not know what them would be it we found it.

    Now what if we let them find us, because we have are ready train them while they were human, and based on the best information we have to work wih, or willing to work with, we decide this is the best direction to go.


    I have no doubt that other people feel the way I do, because I base everything I do on Murphy laws of averages.

    Example, I believe if I go to the bathroom, then other people might go as well.

    In my experience, it was my iner thoughts, that started this whole thing going to begin with, all I did was get out of the way, kind of like I do when I go to the bathroom. My main job is to do the best I can with what I have to work with.

    If we know that out of body experience will continue at 10%, as they feel it is doing, and there is no reason to think that they will not, then make it part of our culture, until the day the magnetic field flips, because on that day, I do not know what happens to out of body afterlife. I do believe when this time comes, we will be able to measure it.

    It would be one thing if air was just air, but it is not.

    Think in the ocean of the first thing, that could compare to an out of body afterlife in air.

    The first thing I thought of was a clear white jelly fish.
    Not that I am saying that jelly fish are out of body.

    The purpose of my topic, goes way beyond any one claim.

    You would not invite somebody to your house that speaks a different language, with out expecting some type of communication problems, if you don't have something in place to make it go better, because I would think the main goal would be, that you are trying to understand the other person, this topic is no different.

    I would be more than glad to spot check what they have done, to save time and money in the future, but I already know they have not tried what I plan, or they would still be doing it for one.


    Thank you, for reading my thoughts,
    Tim
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  89. #189  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    From your face to your monitor, how many atoms would you say is in that space?
    My faith(or in other words:a completely subjective stab in the dark) says 6000, but perhaps I should measure them?

    I have no doubt that other people feel the way I do, because I base everything I do on Murphy laws of averages.
    No, you base everything you do on being oblivious to any laws or averages.


    You would not invite somebody to your house that speaks a different language, with out expecting some type of communication problems, if you don't have something in place to make it go better, because I would think the main goal would be, that you are trying to understand the other person, this topic is no different.
    Science is measurement of quantities....Its universal language is maths(1+1=2). There is no need to translate your claim into another language.
    I would be more than glad to spot check what they have done, to save time and money in the future, but I already know they have not tried what I plan, or they would still be doing it for one.
    You have convinced yourself of that! You have no knowledge to know anything of the sort.
    Thank you, for reading my thoughts,
    Tim
    Thanks for sharing them.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  90. #190  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    From your face to your monitor, how many atoms would you say is in that space?
    My faith(or in other words:a completely subjective stab in the dark) says 6000, but perhaps I should measure them?

    I have no doubt that other people feel the way I do, because I base everything I do on Murphy laws of averages.
    No, you base everything you do on being oblivious to any laws or averages.


    You would not invite somebody to your house that speaks a different language, with out expecting some type of communication problems, if you don't have something in place to make it go better, because I would think the main goal would be, that you are trying to understand the other person, this topic is no different.
    Science is measurement of quantities....Its universal language is maths(1+1=2). There is no need to translate your claim into another language.
    I would be more than glad to spot check what they have done, to save time and money in the future, but I already know they have not tried what I plan, or they would still be doing it for one.
    You have convinced yourself of that! You have no knowledge to know anything of the sort.
    Thank you, for reading my thoughts,
    Tim
    Thanks for sharing them.
    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    Entertain me for a second, and tell me if I am close on what type of person you are?

    You have the mind set that you are always right, and I should just get out of the way if I am wrong?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  91. #191  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    From your face to your monitor, how many atoms would you say is in that space?
    My faith(or in other words:a completely subjective stab in the dark) says 6000, but perhaps I should measure them?

    I have no doubt that other people feel the way I do, because I base everything I do on Murphy laws of averages.
    No, you base everything you do on being oblivious to any laws or averages.


    You would not invite somebody to your house that speaks a different language, with out expecting some type of communication problems, if you don't have something in place to make it go better, because I would think the main goal would be, that you are trying to understand the other person, this topic is no different.
    Science is measurement of quantities....Its universal language is maths(1+1=2). There is no need to translate your claim into another language.
    I would be more than glad to spot check what they have done, to save time and money in the future, but I already know they have not tried what I plan, or they would still be doing it for one.
    You have convinced yourself of that! You have no knowledge to know anything of the sort.
    Thank you, for reading my thoughts,
    Tim
    Thanks for sharing them.
    Dear Ghost of Maxwell,

    Entertain me for a second, and tell me if I am close on what type of person you are?

    You have the mind set that you are always right, and I should just get out of the way if I am wrong?
    No I have the mindset that I am right until you prove me wrong. I will even admit it if you do so.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  92. #192  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Good, me too!
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  93. #193  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Maybe you dont understand: my thinking Im right comes from knowledge, understanding and measurement of the physical world.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  94. #194  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Maybe you dont understand: my thinking Im right comes from knowledge, understanding and measurement of the physical world.

    I totally understand where you are coming from, and I am glad to hear it.


    Do you know everything?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  95. #195  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Brewer




    Do you know everything?
    OF COURSE not, but you dont have to know every paranormal claim to know every single claim of this nature that has been sufficiently tested has fallen tits up.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  96. #196  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    How do you sufficiently test something that you are not focused on correctly?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  97. #197  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    You repeat a series of controlled tests(say about 7) then compare the success/failure rate to chance coincidence. There is no need to focus on that any harder than ,say , a primary school maths exam.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  98. #198  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    What 7 test should it be that decides this out of body afterlife possibility fate, in your openion?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  99. #199  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    ...a series of 7 tests that indicate a soul has physically left the body, thus ruling out(to within negligible error) the patient just experienced their soul leaving their body.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  100. #200  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    ...a series of 7 tests that indicate a soul has physically left the body, thus ruling out(to within negligible error) the patient just experienced their soul leaving their body.
    So what are the 7 test they do to figure out the results that you claim?
    My electrical thoughts have taken me out of pain and into pleasure all of my life, so when it speaks, I listen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •