Notices
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New to science

  1. #1 New to science 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2
    Hello, my name is Gregory. I've come to this forum , hopefully to get answers. Lately I've been experiencing sudden burst of theories, in my head, about atoms and how they work. I don't know much about science, I didn't graduate, I dropped out of highschool my first week of my freshman year, got my G.E.D. instead. ( although I was 15 when I dropped out, I had to wait until I was 16 to attend job corps, where I got my G.E.D.) I worked in labor jobs my whole life, never attended any collages.

    So I tell all of this because I've done my own online research on atoms, and it seams there is limited information on the subject, yet somehow, I feel I can fill in the blanks with these theories, it makes too much sense to me. But I know I'm wrong. However, I have this nagging urge to ask, just to get at least some confirmation on this. I recently went to a mental health provider to explain some of this to them, I thought I was crazy,. After a lengthy evaluation, they determined that I do not have any mental health problems that they could see. So, I feel stuck in this, and my mind is driving me crazy with this.

    I need some time to put these theories to words, as I say, I'm no scientist, so it will take a few days, but I would really like some feedback on that when I present it.

    In the meantime, I'm open for any thoughts or suggestions, please understand, I do need help.

    Thank you reading this.
    Sincerely
    Gregory


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    So I tell all of this because I've done my own online research on atoms, and it seams there is limited information on the subject,
    Welcome to the forum
    There is a huge amount of information about atoms so I am not sure why you think there isn't. Instead of trying write a theory of your own, you could just ask about some aspects of atoms that you have a question.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Hello, my name is Gregory. I've come to this forum , hopefully to get answers. Lately I've been experiencing sudden burst of theories, in my head, about atoms and how they work. I don't know much about science, I didn't graduate, I dropped out of highschool my first week of my freshman year, got my G.E.D. instead. ( although I was 15 when I dropped out, I had to wait until I was 16 to attend job corps, where I got my G.E.D.) I worked in labor jobs my whole life, never attended any collages.

    So I tell all of this because I've done my own online research on atoms, and it seams there is limited information on the subject, yet somehow, I feel I can fill in the blanks with these theories, it makes too much sense to me. But I know I'm wrong. However, I have this nagging urge to ask, just to get at least some confirmation on this. I recently went to a mental health provider to explain some of this to them, I thought I was crazy,. After a lengthy evaluation, they determined that I do not have any mental health problems that they could see. So, I feel stuck in this, and my mind is driving me crazy with this.

    I need some time to put these theories to words, as I say, I'm no scientist, so it will take a few days, but I would really like some feedback on that when I present it.

    In the meantime, I'm open for any thoughts or suggestions, please understand, I do need help.

    Thank you reading this.
    Sincerely
    Gregory

    I have been giving much thought to the reply I received, and I believe I have a suitable question. My question is about conscience perspective vs. logic perspective. I may be misusing these terms, but I have no other way, that I know of, to describe them. The difference, I believe, is that logic perspective is what we use to commonly collect data, like using mathematics or reading data from a machine, even our own senses to an extent. Conscience perspective, is when you gather knowledge or data from a self aware point of view within an environment.

    So I guess my question would be, would it be possible if certain data can only be collected from a conscience perspective, and could this concept explain why many scientists see differing results from viewing a machine's data, as apposed to perceiving the events or situation, directly?

    Again, I am open for any/all replies, I'm simply looking for answers, especially if you have anything that would help better explain this concept.

    Thank you for reading this.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,160
    Can you give an example where scientists are getting differing results?

    I think you are trying to describe a "common sense" perspective, which is fraught with my problems.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    55
    [QUOTE=Gregory;624535]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    So I guess my question would be, would it be possible if certain data can only be collected from a conscience perspective, and could this concept explain why many scientists see differing results from viewing a machine's data, as opposed to perceiving the events or situation, directly?
    I guess the biggest problem here is that we cannot see or perceive individual atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons or any fundamental particles. We would be severely limited with only personal perception.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 25th, 2017, 08:11 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 31st, 2011, 02:42 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 8th, 2011, 02:57 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 16th, 2010, 05:18 PM
  5. This Week in Science - Online Weekly Science Radio Show
    By Marshall Clark in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •