Notices
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Evolution science applied to art theory

  1. #1 Evolution science applied to art theory 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6
    Does anyone know any scientists or philosophers who are attempting to apply contemporary evolutionary science/philos. to the study of culture/art?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Evolution science applied to art theory 
    Forum Senior anand_kapadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardghost
    Does anyone know any scientists or philosophers who are attempting to apply contemporary evolutionary science/philos. to the study of culture/art?
    You tried to link science with literature and arts. You would find negligibe people among such group as the mindsets of these people are totally different.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Guest
    Do you mean how art has evolved from cave paintings to piles of car tyres etc?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: Evolution science applied to art theory 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by anand_kapadia
    You tried to link science with literature and arts. You would find negligibe people among such group as the mindsets of these people are totally different.
    !!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!
    Or alternatively.
    !!!!!!!!
    Both are creative activities. The mindsets can be very similar.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Evolution science applied to art theory 
    Forum Senior anand_kapadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePath
    Quote Originally Posted by anand_kapadia
    You tried to link science with literature and arts. You would find negligibe people among such group as the mindsets of these people are totally different.
    !!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!
    Or alternatively.
    !!!!!!!!
    Both are creative activities. The mindsets can be very similar.
    I don't think so. Yes, it was at the times of Leonardo Da vince and others that they were all-rounders to say but the present age specialization has increased.
    Just their being creative doesn't signify their being similar as the subjects are different.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •