Notices
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Ascended
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 2 Post By shlunka
  • 1 Post By Flick Montana
  • 2 Post By shlunka
  • 2 Post By KALSTER
  • 2 Post By cosmictraveler
  • 1 Post By Harold14370

Thread: The Arrogance of Shlunka

  1. #1 The Arrogance of Shlunka 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    My quarrels with you Mike, are for your ostentatious behavior. You've been superfluously confrontational with members, as well as vulgar and insulting. You have done nothing directly to me, however, this forum is a collective body of members, and the detriments of other members are often projected onto other members.


    Forum member Shlunka seems to feel that I'm..well, read the above. I completely disagree. I simply will not tolerate ignorance. Insolence, yes; Ignorance, not a chance in Hell. I feel that I am, for the most part, open-minded, fair and amicable. I feel that, Shlunka, despite being an intelligent young man and witty to boot, is overstating his case. I can be abrasive at times but sometimes one must be abrasive when polishing young and or inexperienced minds. I stand by my actions. I am no more rude than anyone else here, in my opinion.

    What does everyone else think? I will take it all with a grain of salt and a shot of vodka.


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    I'm with you Mike. Carry on.


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  4. #3  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Denouncing of forum staff is required through personal messages to keep privacy...yet, an administrator actually offers felicitations for public denouncing of other users?
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
     

  5. #4  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Does this thread mean that I'm popular?
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Don't get me wrong, Shlunka. I like you and I believe that the majority of members like you as well.
     

  7. #6  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    My quarrels with you Mike, are for your ostentatious behavior. You've been superfluously confrontational with members, as well as vulgar and insulting. You have done nothing directly to me, however, this forum is a collective body of members, and the detriments of other members are often projected onto other members.


    Forum member Shlunka seems to feel that I'm..well, read the above. I completely disagree. I simply will not tolerate ignorance. Insolence, yes; Ignorance, not a chance in Hell. I feel that I am, for the most part, open-minded, fair and amicable. I feel that, Shlunka, despite being an intelligent young man and witty to boot, is overstating his case. I can be abrasive at times but sometimes one must be abrasive when polishing young and or inexperienced minds. I stand by my actions. I am no more rude than anyone else here, in my opinion.

    What does everyone else think? I will take it all with a grain of salt and a shot of vodka.
    Hey chill dude, don't worry your fine. As you say you are no more rude than any of us can be at times. As I told you in the chat don't take shlunka too seriously, he has a poorly ass and is being and being a bit grumpy. We all like shlunka and know not to take him too seriously if he's being a bit tetchy, you guys will get on just fine when you get used to each others quirks.
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”

    Bertrand Russell
     

  8. #7  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Insinuations of arrogance hardly convey feelings of affection.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
     

  9. #8  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    I like you and I believe that the majority of members like you as well.
    I don't. Not after what he did to my wife.

    *dramatic piano chord!*
    KALSTER and mikepotter84 like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  10. #9  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    I like you and I believe that the majority of members like you as well.
    I don't. Not after what he did to my wife.

    *dramatic piano chord!*
    I swear it was mutually consensual.
    KALSTER and Ascended like this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
     

  11. #10  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Then how do you explain....HER AMNESIA!?

    *more dramatic piano chords!*
    KALSTER likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  12. #11  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Then how do you explain....HER AMNESIA!?

    *more dramatic piano chords!*
    She struck her head on the bed panel... er, I mean, on the floor, when she fell without any encouragement from myself.
    KALSTER and mikepotter84 like this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
     

  13. #12  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    That's the spirit fellas.
    Ascended and mikepotter84 like this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    People shouldn't take things so seriously around here. This is a place to vent, laugh, screw up, say stupid things as well as strange things and not be taken to serious for it is only a forum that in the long run means very little for few reside here and fewer yet care about what is said and by whom. Being picky about what others say only gets yourself in a mess and you are the one who gets annoyed so just simmer down and don't take it so hard and take everything with a grain of salt as they say. If you really get pissed off then put who is pissing you off on your ignore list that way they can't disturb the disturbed!
    John Galt and mikepotter84 like this.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Just to be clear, public airing of the contents of a private message is against the forum rules, as Shlunka correctly pointed out. Also, I think it's a bad idea to open a thread to complain about another member. I'm going to close the thread.
    mikepotter84 likes this.
     

  16. #15  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Just to be clear, public airing of the contents of a private message is against the forum rules, as Shlunka correctly pointed out. Also, I think it's a bad idea to open a thread to complain about another member. I'm going to close the thread.
    Thanks Harold. Right you are.


    Shlunka:
    My "Carry on" bit was not a comment on his posting your PM, but on Mike's general conduct on the forum. Don't know where my head was. It is in fact against the rules and you were right to bring it up.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

Similar Threads

  1. Reason for arrogance and rudeness amongst individuals
    By moon4pie in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •