Notices
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Old microscope!

  1. #1 Old microscope! 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hy, i have a microscope from 1966, WILD, i dont know much about this sort of things, so i am intrested about the price or it is just another ordinary microscope. Can anyone tell me something about this. Thanks


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    What model, what magnification, just to ask a few important details about it and a picture would be good too. Ebay would be a good place to sell it if you want to put it up for bids.


    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    What model, what magnification, just to ask a few important details about it and a picture would be good too. Ebay would be a good place to sell it if you want to put it up for bids.
    thanks, now i have more info, WILD HEERBURG SWITZERLAND, M20-13120, 1966
    but i still dont know what magnification, it is inside in a original case with some of the little parts around it in little plastic boxes.
    Sorry about my english

    IMG_20130403_133304.jpgIMG_20130403_133322.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    You won't get much for that but as I suggested try Ebay to have people bid on it.

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...PxxRGpkUT804EA
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    who sees through things
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK now, US before
    Posts
    269
    Do you really need the money? It sounds ace and like something you might want to give your kids (or future kids).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    i wish i could afford a decent microscope :/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    I don't know what shape it's in, but a nerd like me would probably use it as a decoration. It looks pretty cool.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    i wish i could afford a decent microscope :/
    What for? You don't do any research that you've talked about here so why would you need that?
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    What for? You don't do any research that you've talked about here so why would you need that?
    I'm not a professional astronomer- doesn't mean I don't want a bad @$$ telescope!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    i wish i could afford a decent microscope :/
    What for? You don't do any research that you've talked about here so why would you need that?
    i need to do research to want to have a microscope? or are you referring to the "decent" part? but because i'm used to using pretty decent microscopes and i would love to examine things in my own time. but of course i'm not doing research, i'm still in undergrad. i do, though, plan on researching in the future.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    and if you were referring to the need of a "decent" microscope, i can't even afford the cheap ones!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    i wish i could afford a decent microscope :/
    What for? You don't do any research that you've talked about here so why would you need that?
    i need to do research to want to have a microscope? or are you referring to the "decent" part? but because i'm used to using pretty decent microscopes and i would love to examine things in my own time. but of course i'm not doing research, i'm still in undergrad. i do, though, plan on researching in the future.
    This is an older model but they are available still for 90.00 US. The link I provided shows you where to buy them.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    i wish i could afford a decent microscope :/
    What for? You don't do any research that you've talked about here so why would you need that?
    i need to do research to want to have a microscope? or are you referring to the "decent" part? but because i'm used to using pretty decent microscopes and i would love to examine things in my own time. but of course i'm not doing research, i'm still in undergrad. i do, though, plan on researching in the future.
    This is an older model but they are available still for 90.00 US. The link I provided shows you where to buy them.
    sorry, i wasn't talking about the one in this thread, just microscopes in general. i have no room in my broke college student budget to buy one, whether it be cheap or expensive. i wouldn't really want a cheap one though, because i wouldn't be able to view things in the quality that i am used to and would like to.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a Microscope?
    By dmaar in forum Biology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
  2. Looks like the IPCC is now going under the microscope
    By Wild Cobra in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM
  3. Microscope to see bacteria
    By icewendigo in forum Biology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
  4. Microscope Inquiries
    By monkeyboy in forum Biology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
  5. USB Microscope
    By carlosbrolotobar in forum Biology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •