Notices
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ascended

Thread: Superheroes

  1. #1 Superheroes 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    What superhero do you think is more likely to be real considering the current scientific knowledges? Is there any scientific bases that could justify the existance of superheroes like spiderman, iron man, hulk...?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Mr. Bean.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    What's Mr. Bean's superpower?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,414
    If you're talking superheroes I would suggest batman is most likely. A vigilante using technology, rather than any 'super power' mutations. I don't know if you've seen kick ass, but the initial idea in that film that an ordinary person just dresses up in a costume and then goes out to supposedly fight crime is not that far fetched, there are hundreds of people every year that go out and do that very same thing. However in real life, unlike movies, what they don't show you is many of these people end up getting arrested. Generally speaking the police don't seem to like that sort of thing no matter how good the costume.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by MorWoodLee View Post
    What's Mr. Bean's superpower?
    The ability to make us laugh.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MorWoodLee View Post
    What's Mr. Bean's superpower?
    The ability to make us laugh.
    The most powerful of the superpowers. Then Jim Carrey would be the greatest superhero of all time.

    THE MASK - Coco Bongo Jim carrey - YouTube
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgorlitz View Post
    If you're talking superheroes I would suggest batman is most likely. A vigilante using technology, rather than any 'super power' mutations. I don't know if you've seen kick ass, but the initial idea in that film that an ordinary person just dresses up in a costume and then goes out to supposedly fight crime is not that far fetched, there are hundreds of people every year that go out and do that very same thing. However in real life, unlike movies, what they don't show you is many of these people end up getting arrested. Generally speaking the police don't seem to like that sort of thing no matter how good the costume.
    Yes, but Batman has not got any power, he is a millionaire and he can buy all the gadgets. I think that Hulk is more likely to happen. If you saw the film (Hulk (2003)) they use nanomeds which function is to repair the death tissues. That's why Hulk can regenerate every wound he suffer. Moreover, when Bruce Banner get angry, the nanomeds are activated resulting in a cell proliferation that makes him bigger and bigger (and green). I'm not saying that in the future we'll be able to fabricate Hulks, but we'll be able to develope the field of nanomedicine until we can regenerate tissues as fast as Hulk (and maybe reach the inmortality).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    33
    Captain America?!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Watch this out. I' ve just found this to support my previous reply.

    'Hulk' protein, Grb10, controls muscle growth
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by MorWoodLee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgorlitz View Post
    If you're talking superheroes I would suggest batman is most likely. A vigilante using technology, rather than any 'super power' mutations. I don't know if you've seen kick ass, but the initial idea in that film that an ordinary person just dresses up in a costume and then goes out to supposedly fight crime is not that far fetched, there are hundreds of people every year that go out and do that very same thing. However in real life, unlike movies, what they don't show you is many of these people end up getting arrested. Generally speaking the police don't seem to like that sort of thing no matter how good the costume.
    Yes, but Batman has not got any power, he is a millionaire and he can buy all the gadgets. I think that Hulk is more likely to happen. If you saw the film (Hulk (2003)) they use nanomeds which function is to repair the death tissues. That's why Hulk can regenerate every wound he suffer. Moreover, when Bruce Banner get angry, the nanomeds are activated resulting in a cell proliferation that makes him bigger and bigger (and green). I'm not saying that in the future we'll be able to fabricate Hulks, but we'll be able to develope the field of nanomedicine until we can regenerate tissues as fast as Hulk (and maybe reach the inmortality).
    Creating a human that can morph into a hulk and back based on anger would never happen. There is no scientific basis for this theory.

    Batman is an excellent answer. You said he couldn't choose Batman, as he's just a millionaire with gadgets. Well what about Ironman you mentioned in your original post? Same thing.

    In fact, out of the examples you have given, hulk would be the least likely.

    Anthony
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    72
    Based on current research regarding Nerve-Computer Interface; Cyborg from DC comics might be possible within a few decades.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyChan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MorWoodLee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgorlitz View Post
    If you're talking superheroes I would suggest batman is most likely. A vigilante using technology, rather than any 'super power' mutations. I don't know if you've seen kick ass, but the initial idea in that film that an ordinary person just dresses up in a costume and then goes out to supposedly fight crime is not that far fetched, there are hundreds of people every year that go out and do that very same thing. However in real life, unlike movies, what they don't show you is many of these people end up getting arrested. Generally speaking the police don't seem to like that sort of thing no matter how good the costume.
    Yes, but Batman has not got any power, he is a millionaire and he can buy all the gadgets. I think that Hulk is more likely to happen. If you saw the film (Hulk (2003)) they use nanomeds which function is to repair the death tissues. That's why Hulk can regenerate every wound he suffer. Moreover, when Bruce Banner get angry, the nanomeds are activated resulting in a cell proliferation that makes him bigger and bigger (and green). I'm not saying that in the future we'll be able to fabricate Hulks, but we'll be able to develope the field of nanomedicine until we can regenerate tissues as fast as Hulk (and maybe reach the inmortality).
    Creating a human that can morph into a hulk and back based on anger would never happen. There is no scientific basis for this theory.

    Batman is an excellent answer. You said he couldn't choose Batman, as he's just a millionaire with gadgets. Well what about Ironman you mentioned in your original post? Same thing.

    In fact, out of the examples you have given, hulk would be the least likely.

    Anthony
    First of all, I didn't say anything about transforming, I said that we could manipulate muscle metabolism so it can increase its maximum performance. Moreover, it is not so imposible that someday we could use nanodispositives to instantly wounds. At least, I think that is more likely to happen than a man throwing webs to the clouds.

    Regarding to Batman and Ironman, Tony Stark didn't by the suit. He is a genius of engineering if I'm not mistaken, and he could made it by himself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci-fi guy View Post
    Based on current research regarding Nerve-Computer Interface; Cyborg from DC comics might be possible within a few decades.
    Yes I'm sure that someday the human will reach the symbiosis between himself and machines, but before that we will have to know really well the behaviour and performance of both, the machines and ourselves. There's a long way to go.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    344
    I bet the flash could become real. If we have someone made out of neutrinos he would likey go faster than light

    No I am kidding, ya I think Batman seems the most likely.

    BTW: Mr. Bean's power is not as powerful as Harpo Mark's.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,414
    I like 'The Shoveler' from the 1999 film 'Mystery Men', now that's a superhero with real possibilities.
    pyoko likes this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    344
    I bet the most realistic vilian is Lex Luthord.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor pyoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgorlitz View Post
    I like 'The Shoveler' from the 1999 film 'Mystery Men', now that's a superhero with real possibilities.
    lol I love The Shoveler, too. "I shovel well. I shovel better than anyone."

    Also the angry guy was funny. His super power - he gets very angry. That is all. And who can forget the Blue Raja, who threw spoons and never wore anything blue.
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgorlitz View Post
    I like 'The Shoveler' from the 1999 film 'Mystery Men', now that's a superhero with real possibilities.
    Yeah, I guess you are right, but I wouldn't like him to defend my city.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Man View Post
    I bet the most realistic vilian is Lex Luthord.
    In this case I think that the Joker is the most realistic. The way he manipulates people by the use of the word and the feelings of people could be seen perfectly nowadays.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    344
    The joker venom is science fiction...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •