Notices
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

  1. #1 Battlestar Galactica 
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    414
    You can talk all you want about BSG here
    I never watched BSG until a few days ago I watched star trek and I hated it and I thought BSG would be like star trek but its not. it was the most amazing show I feel deeply fond of everything in it, The animations are amazing and awesome I recommend anyone who hasn't watched it WATCH IT NOW! Its everything about ships and space warfare! Ever played halo or dead space eve online? Wondered how the charecters talked about battles going on ships, massive fleet battles in the sky. This is that from the perspective from the commanders piloting these powerful ships.

    Some questions
    Do you think Earth or the Sol system or Local cluster would be inhabited by humans from the first colonies (earth), It would make sense that earth would still have humans no doubt because we could never leave our home planet?

    What do you think if cylons found earth and their fleet warped in to orbit, do you think the humans would make contact, or see them as a alien civilization?
    Would they be decimated if they attempted to attack the humans, Earth if inhabited by humans would have a fleet and that fleet would destroy them?

    I'm watching season 3 episode 5 right now (2004)


    With bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    It was an excellent series and it was pure hell waiting a week between the episodes of season 4.5. (they were just that good)

    Quote Originally Posted by Japith View Post
    Some questions
    Do you think Earth or the Sol system or Local cluster would be inhabited by humans from the first colonies (earth), It would make sense that earth would still have humans no doubt because we could never leave our home planet?
    You might want to hold this question until you've seen the last episode.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby View Post
    It was an excellent series and it was pure hell waiting a week between the episodes of season 4.5. (they were just that good)

    Quote Originally Posted by Japith View Post
    Some questions
    Do you think Earth or the Sol system or Local cluster would be inhabited by humans from the first colonies (earth), It would make sense that earth would still have humans no doubt because we could never leave our home planet?
    You might want to hold this question until you've seen the last episode.
    Oh boy, I'll do that!
    With bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    414
    Starbuck is dead
    With bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    BSG was a good show. I watched the first 3 seasons but kind of lost interest. Another series that was good a while back was Babylon 5, the story arc was excellent, but the tv-ish production look-and-feel are probably dated for today, specially if you compare it with the excellent movie-like BSG.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    but the tv-ish production look-and-feel are probably dated for today, specially if you compare it with the excellent movie-like BSG.
    I get a similar feeling when rewatching stargate SG-1, seeing VCR's and floppy disks used as up to date technology. (not to mention the basic CGI)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Battlestar Galactica
    By Coffee in forum Science-Fiction and Non-Fiction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 12th, 2006, 11:27 AM
  2. Battlestar Galactica!
    By Sheppard in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 26th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •