Notices
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Supplier pricelist consolidating software

  1. #1 Supplier pricelist consolidating software 
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    I am looking for a program that would be able to consolidate multiple XLS files from my suppliers into one new file. It would be a bonus if I could define the new columns and choose which fields from each supplier file to import to which section of the new file, if it could do comparisons between the prices of the same products from different suppliers and if it could tell me which prices have changed. A free program would be good. I am sure there must be such a piece of software as it would be very useful indeed for businesses that needs to order stock from multiple suppliers. I have found E-Trade Pricelist Importer, but it doesn't come in English and the Dutch version still contains a lot of foreign language (I think it is Turkish) that makes it unusable.

    Secondly I am looking for a free CSV importing and exporting module for Virtuemart. I have found ZAP CSV, but their site seems to be shut down permanently. If I can't find one, I am going to use RC CSV. Is that a good option?

    Any help would be very much appreciated guys! I am currently sitting with 25 supplier Excel files that I would have to crawl through each day to update prices and identify new products if I want my online store to be acceptably updated.

    Thanks!

    Edit: If you are a developer and either already have such a program or feel confident that you would be able to develop one, then I will sell your software on my site and give you most of the profits (or any other kind of arrangement you might feel up to)! I am part of a community of store owners (all buying from a drop ship type service provider) that would be very interested indeed in such a piece of software. The difficulty I am experiencing in finding such a program online suggests that it would be a very popular program in other parts of the world as well.


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Wow, no suggestions at all?


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    From many years Biscoind supplies good electronics components like Dzus, Amation, thomas & Betts etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: Supplier pricelist consolidating software 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    I am looking for a program that would be able to consolidate multiple XLS files from my suppliers into one new file. It would be a bonus if I could define the new columns and choose which fields from each supplier file to import to which section of the new file, if it could do comparisons between the prices of the same products from different suppliers and if it could tell me which prices have changed. A free program would be good.
    It seems to me that an Access database could do a lot of what you are looking for. The Excel files can be imported as tables into Access, then you could make a query that merges the tables, using whichever fields you want.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Supplier pricelist consolidating software 
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    I am looking for a program that would be able to consolidate multiple XLS files from my suppliers into one new file. It would be a bonus if I could define the new columns and choose which fields from each supplier file to import to which section of the new file, if it could do comparisons between the prices of the same products from different suppliers and if it could tell me which prices have changed. A free program would be good.
    It seems to me that an Access database could do a lot of what you are looking for. The Excel files can be imported as tables into Access, then you could make a query that merges the tables, using whichever fields you want.
    Thanks Harold. Never worked with Access before, but I'll give it a try. :wink:
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Supplier pricelist consolidating software 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Thanks Harold. Never worked with Access before, but I'll give it a try. :wink:
    If you need any help, let me know. I'm not an expert, but I like Access and enjoy playing around with it. It will take you some time to learn, but I think you will find it is a lot more powerful than Excel when working with databases.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    i suppose you don't have access to SQL databases on a server ? if not, then Access is probably your best option
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •