Notices
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Here is religious people cimmit more crime

  1. #1 Here is religious people cimmit more crime 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    I can tell you very sincerely, religious people tend to commit more crimes than those who do not believe in god.

    Because: religious people generally apply what they are beleiving in to how they behave in outside world. They even apply their beliefs to some rules assigned by many countries. If they feel that the directions of outsides betray their beleifs, they will do many crazy things, and then if they got arrested, they will say god ask them to do this. You see, they always find many excuse to support their crimes. We need to do something. And religious people tend to have lower comprehensions than those who do not, that's why most best schools are filled with atheists.


    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,977
    Although there is probably no accurate census detailing the number of religious people in the world as compared to non-religious, I would wager that the religious would vastly outnumber the non-religious. Therefore by reasonable deduction, I would say that prisons contain more religious than non-religious although their adherence to their faith's doctrine may be seriously in doubt.

    If you are talking about crimes committed in the name of a god or another entity then I see no reason for non-believers to participate in such action. Therefore, once again by reasonable deduction, one can expect that the religious lawbreakers will outnumber the non religious.

    There are many parochial religious schools everywhere but I have yet to hear of an all-atheist school or of one named after an atheist. I would love to see a Madalyn Murray O'Hair High School in Salt Lake City if only for a good laugh. (if there is I'll still bust out laughing)

    I'll ask you one question.... If the world contained no one but atheists would crime disappear altogether?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Although there is probably no accurate census detailing the number of religious people in the world as compared to non-religious, I would wager that the religious would vastly outnumber the non-religious. Therefore by reasonable deduction, I would say that prisons contain more religious than non-religious although their adherence to their faith's doctrine may be seriously in doubt.

    If you are talking about crimes committed in the name of a god or another entity then I see no reason for non-believers to participate in such action. Therefore, once again by reasonable deduction, one can expect that the religious lawbreakers will outnumber the non religious.

    There are many parochial religious schools everywhere but I have yet to hear of an all-atheist school or of one named after an atheist. I would love to see a Madalyn Murray O'Hair High School in Salt Lake City if only for a good laugh. (if there is I'll still bust out laughing)

    I'll ask you one question.... If the world contained no one but atheists would crime disappear altogether?
    There are more atheists than christian.
    Budhhism are nearly atheists. And the world is filled by them. I think most criminals are jewish and christians. Just go read my bio, you will know~~
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,977
    Using your words...if the world is filled with Buddhists then only Buddhists can be criminals.

    Not too many Jewish or Christian Buddhists running amok.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    most christians are fanatic religious. They commit more crimes, and they like to make the world turmoil.
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2huang
    most christians are fanatic religious. They commit more crimes, and they like to make the world turmoil.
    Are you complaining or planning to do something about it? Make sure whatever you do isn't a crime, I'd hate to put you in the same category as those religious Christians(is there any other kind?).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2huang
    most christians are fanatic religious. They commit more crimes, and they like to make the world turmoil.
    Are you complaining or planning to do something about it? Make sure whatever you do isn't a crime, I'd hate to put you in the same category as those religious Christians(is there any other kind?).
    I am not complaining and planning, I am just stating the fact. Religious people whose thoughts are not close to atheists but extrem fake god tend to hamr our clean world.
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2huang
    I am not complaining and planning, I am just stating the fact. Religious people whose thoughts are not close to atheists but extrem fake god tend to hamr our clean world.
    fact you say?
    where are these facts? so far we just have your words which count for bugger all.

    proove it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Here is religious people cimmit more crime 
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2huang
    I can tell you very sincerely, religious people tend to commit more crimes than those who do not believe in god.
    That's a very succinct but clear assertion. Where are the data that support the claim? I not necessarily in disagreement, but if you're going to start a thread in a science forum and begin it with an assertion that should be quantifiable, we should expect to see the results.

    Quote Originally Posted by ps2huang
    most christians are fanatic religious.
    This isn't actually true. Most Christians are rather moderate and well below the fantical level. Among mainline Protestants, 34% believe the Bible is totally accurate, 25% believe they must tell their faith to others, 20% believe Satan is real, 27% believe good works don’t earn Heaven, 35% believe Christ was sinless, and 45% actually consider themselves "Born Again." The percentages were much less for Catholics but both Catholics and mainline Protestants believed God is the all knowing, all powerful Creator (Barna Group 2001).

    Quote Originally Posted by pshuang
    There are more atheists than christian.
    Again, very untrue. The non-religious category is the third largest in the world (Adherents.com 2005), but it is out-paced by Christianity and Islam. Christianity certainly has the majority in the United States.

    If you're going to make claims and cite "facts," please get them right. You're making the rest of us atheists look bad.

    Indeed, it looks like your just on a ranting rampage rather than making an attempt at producing viable and productive discussion. If so, don't you have your own webspace for that? However, if you have some verifiable data that supports your assertions, please continue.

    References:

    Adherents.com (2005). Major Religions of the World Ranked by Number of Adherents Adherents.com http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

    Barna Group (2001). Religious Beliefs Vary Widely By Denomination The Barna Update, http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?P...rnaUpdateID=92
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •