Notices
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 219

Thread: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !!

  1. #101  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhamsu
    ha! wait! i saw that page just now! and 99% of the content of those books is fictitious!! i don't know what others say about them! they might be inspired by real events and situations, but are not exact events! The Vedas ARE ACTUALLY GUIDELINES.
    I'm mostly familiar with the four Vedas, and of those the Sama-Veda is of most interest, but like the older religions, is based on Bronze Age myths and superstitions, like Islam, which Muslims consider guidelines, as well.

    you must have heard of Mahabharat and Ramayana. One of those books was written by a theif. But I'm greatful that he got the thought of writing such a book. It has lead my country much farther than it might have been with out it.
    I had not seen the Mahabharat TV series, if that's what you refer. But, the Ramayana is an important piece of Indian fiction and probably gives rise to most of what we see in Indian culture today. An excellent fable, much better than the Abrahamic fables, imo.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  2. #102  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash

    Why is it so, that you always have to discard the true facts, true sense of life !! and if that was old, tired, fallacious statements then you tell what are the new ones !! I know that you won't get any !!
    Sorry, but one would have to be completely delusional to consider those myths as facts.

    Definitely we theists can't even thing of a world without god, without him it will be like living in a world of morally bad, wrong and evil people !!
    Yes, I know. You have been successfully indoctrinated into your religion, and you've now demonstrated it to be wrong.

    Theists always look at the good things among different holy books. First of all there won't be any bad thing in any religious book but if there is any kind of wrong statement it doesn't bother them, they always go for the good ones !!
    Yes, I know that, too. Theists are quite selective as to what they want to believe about their religions, as opposed to what they're supposed to believe. It's all part and parcel to the absurdity of religious thought.

    What ever you stated initially. So, just to discard all that statement of yours, i wrote that quote of C. Geertz . This was actually which got me bothered !!
    And, as I said before, it's quite easy to provide ample quotes from holy books that would bother most people, even theists, if they actually were intellectually honest enough to acknowledge them. But, that wouldn't be convenient to their beliefs, nor would it support them.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  3. #103  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    And, as I said before, it's quite easy to provide ample quotes from holy books that would bother most people, even theists, if they actually were intellectually honest enough to acknowledge them. But, that wouldn't be convenient to their beliefs, nor would it support them.
    I suspect that you might have come across an incident regarding your religion, which eventually made you against not only yours but every single religion existing !!



    and one more qusetion !!
    When you're in big trouble then who's is the first person that you recall for help in your mind !!
    I know it will be non other than the Almighty God !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  4. #104  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash

    I suspect that you might have come across an incident regarding your religion, which eventually made you against not only yours but every single religion existing !!
    Still not able to comprehend a world without gods? Just have a look around and tell me how many gods you see?

    and one more qusetion !!
    When you're in big trouble then who's is the first person that you recall for help in your mind !!
    Me, of course. I do everything for myself, don't you?

    Do you drop to your knees in utter despair and start praying? Does that actually get you anywhere? Of course not. It does nothing but waste time. The problems still remain and YOU still have to deal with them.

    Please stop pretending that you can magically wish your problems away by praying to your god. That's complete BS.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    sorry buddy for late reply !!

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Still not able to comprehend a world without gods? Just have a look around and tell me how many gods you see?
    You can't see God for sure, but if you believe him he's actually inside you and keeps track on all your deeds !! ^_^

    Do you drop to your knees in utter despair and start praying? Does that actually get you anywhere? Of course not. It does nothing but waste time. The problems still remain and YOU still have to deal with them.
    Even i do everything for myself, but one shouldn't forget God it's only him who has let you achieve milestones in your life and if you disrespect or get derailed from your actual path, it will be him who'll give you a lesson for that !!

    Moral ->> Never Forget God, His eyes are 24 X 7 on you !!

    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  6. #106  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    I recall a story of the cultural revolution, in which a young Red Guard finally accuses her bourgeoisie parents - who keep a private, secret garden: "You're trying to corrupt me with melon!"
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I recall a story of the cultural revolution, in which a young Red Guard finally accuses her bourgeoisie parents - who keep a private, secret garden: "You're trying to corrupt me with melon!"
    So, what do you mean by all this in contrast to my views ??
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    (Q) I'm waiting for your reply regarding my answer for your question on page 7 !!
    ^_^
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  9. #109  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    You can't see God for sure, but if you believe him he's actually inside you and keeps track on all your deeds !!
    And, what if he tracks all my deeds, so what? I'll still end up in a fiery hell if I don't accept him. I can be a badass my whole life, repent on my deathbed and be saved. Silly, really.

    Even i do everything for myself, but one shouldn't forget God it's only him who has let you achieve milestones in your life and if you disrespect or get derailed from your actual path, it will be him who'll give you a lesson for that !!
    Actually, it was Zeus who threw lightning bolts up anyone's ass if they got in my way. That's how I became ultimate ruler of the universe, you see.

    Moral ->> Never Forget God, His eyes are 24 X 7 on you !!
    So, he watches me sleep too? Isn't that somewhat perverse?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  10. #110  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I recall a story of the cultural revolution, in which a young Red Guard finally accuses her bourgeoisie parents - who keep a private, secret garden: "You're trying to corrupt me with melon!"
    So, what do you mean by all this in contrast to my views ??
    It's a snapshot of negative fanaticism, and not criticizing you at all.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  11. #111  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    And, what if he tracks all my deeds, so what? I'll still end up in a fiery hell if I don't accept him. I can be a badass my whole life, repent on my deathbed and be saved. Silly, really.
    No, problemo !! It's all upto you. Whether you want to live your way or vice versa !!
    :-D

    Actually, it was Zeus who threw lightning bolts up anyone's ass if they got in my way. That's how I became ultimate ruler of the universe, you see.
    Oh !! really !! than Science Forum will be soo glad to have Ultimate Ruler of The Universe along with them !! You know what, i think you live in the world of Fantasy !!!!!



    So, he watches me sleep too? Isn't that somewhat perverse?
    May be !! ^_^
    as i said before he keeps track on all your good or bad deeds.
    Good deed = Blesses You
    for your Bad deed = You'll pay for your entire life, unless you realize your mistake !!
    and now everything i stated above is not at all perverse !! those were all useful statements !! ^_^
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  12. #112  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    No, problemo !! It's all upto you. Whether you want to live your way or vice versa !!
    My way? I don't live any different from you. The universe acts exactly the same for both of us. There is no "other way" to live. The only difference is you chose to believe in the existence of one more god than I.

    And of course, I don't act for the selfish benefit of getting into a heaven or staying out of a hell, but instead act for the betterment of myself and my fellow man. Big difference.

    You know what, i think you live in the world of Fantasy !!!!!
    That is the exact world theists believe atheists live, a world of fantasy, a world without imaginary gods, a world where dark magic has no place other than along with myth and superstition.

    as i said before he keeps track on all your good or bad deeds.
    He's making a list, checking it twice,
    gonna find out who's naughty and nice...
    La, la, la, la, la, la.. la, laaaaaaa...

    Everybody sing!!!

    Good deed = Blesses You
    for your Bad deed = You'll pay for your entire life, unless you realize your mistake !!
    Puleeeze. You're sounding like a child.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  13. #113  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    You're sounding like a child.
    It's true Yash. On the other hand (Q)'s sounding like one who should be court ordered to stay clear of elementary schools, childcare centres, and playgrounds.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  14. #114  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    On the other hand (Q)'s sounding like one who should be court ordered to stay clear of elementary schools, childcare centres, and playgrounds.
    That won't help me to teach them how to build telescopes and learn about the sky, when I volunteer my time to do so.

    What was it again you said you did to educate children?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  15. #115  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    me to teach them how to build telescopes and learn about the sky, when I volunteer my time
    Ah, then I retract my words, completely. You wouldn't... squash Santa's little elves... would you?
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  16. #116  
    Forum Masters Degree samcdkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    me to teach them how to build telescopes and learn about the sky, when I volunteer my time
    Ah, then I retract my words, completely. You wouldn't... squash Santa's little elves... would you?
    More likely use the time to tell them there is no Santa.
     

  17. #117  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    You wouldn't... squash Santa's little elves... would you?
    Is that what you teach children, about Santa's little elves?

    Usually, if Santa comes up in the question period, I keep this little gem on hand:

    http://www.fnal.gov/pub/ferminews/santa/
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  18. #118  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by samcdkey
    More likely use the time to tell them there is no Santa.
    Or instead, no Allah. They all agreed.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  19. #119  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kerala
    Posts
    1
    Will atheism be termed a religion?
     

  20. #120  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    hey..there.. (Q) now you are sounding like a child !!
    I never expected this from you !!
    You Actually Believe In Santa !!!!!!!

    Now, that was something worth being hilarious !!

    Ha..ha..ha...

    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  21. #121  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Come on Yash. Tolerance. No one's forcing you to think or act as atheists do.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  22. #122  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by asdofindia
    Will atheism be termed a religion?
    Only if baldness becomes a hair color.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  23. #123  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    hey..there.. (Q) now you are sounding like a child !!
    I never expected this from you !!
    You Actually Believe In Santa !!!!!!!

    Now, that was something worth being hilarious !!

    Ha..ha..ha...
    What's so funny, don't you believe in Santa? Or, the tooth fairy or the Easter bunny?

    You chose to believe in one invisible and undetectable entity, but not another. Why can't I? What's the problem and what's the difference?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  24. #124  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Come on Yash. Tolerance. No one's forcing you to think or act as atheists do.
    Pffftt. Since when did any religion ever demonstrate tolerance? Hilarious.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  25. #125  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Come on Yash. Tolerance. No one's forcing you to think or act as atheists do.
    Pffftt. Since when did any religion ever demonstrate tolerance? Hilarious.

    Since when did atheism?
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  26. #126  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!

    Since when did atheism?
    How does a lack of belief in an ideology have anything to do with tolerance?

    Or, are you complaining that atheists are intolerant to those ideologies being shoved down their throats?

    Or, are you complaining that atheists are forced to pay taxes while religions run tax free?

    Or, are you referring to the intolerance of Bronze Age myth-based, decision-making processes that affect our lives daily?

    Please be more specific?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  27. #127  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Since when did any religion ever demonstrate tolerance?
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Santa? ...what's the difference?
    Make the connection.

    ***

    Incidentally, what's with teh throat? Why do atheists worldwide say "shoved down my throat"? Isn't it weird?
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  28. #128  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    What's so funny, don't you believe in Santa? Or, the tooth fairy or the Easter bunny?
    Well..being honest, I respect them, but when it comes in believing them .... then certainly not because i already have one person to believe in !! ^_^

    You chose to believe in one invisible and undetectable entity, but not another. Why can't I? What's the problem and what's the difference?
    Yes, i chose to believe in that one invisible entity called God, because I've faith in him, i trust him.
    As, i said above i respect Santa because even he tends to spread happiness and joy all over. So, i do respect him from the bottom of my heart !! ^_^
    I never said that you stop believing Santa, believing him or not is all your choice !!
    Conclusion ->
    -No difference
    -No problem
    8)
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  29. #129  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    You've got a big heart, Yash.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Thanks a lot !! for that sumptuous compliment : )
    Pong ^_^



    Now, lets see what (Q) says about my previous post !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  31. #131  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!

    Since when did atheism?
    How does a lack of belief in an ideology have anything to do with tolerance?
    How does a belief in an ideology have anything to do with intolerance?

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Or, are you complaining that atheists are intolerant to those ideologies being shoved down their throats?
    Mmm......can't say I've ever had religion shoved down my throat, fortunately I live in a society which is tolerant.

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Or, are you complaining that atheists are forced to pay taxes while religions run tax free?
    Is there anything stopping an atheist organization running tax free?

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Or, are you referring to the intolerance of Bronze Age myth-based, decision-making processes that affect our lives daily?
    What Bronze Age myth-based decision-making processes are you talking about?

    Be more specific please?
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Hey !! (Q) where are you !! isn't this same as ScoobyDoo where are you !! haha
    Does anyone else knows where is he ??



    oh !! i got it !!
    You just ran out of your answers to discard mine !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  33. #133  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    How does a belief in an ideology have anything to do with intolerance?
    The ideology does not tolerate those who do not follow the ideology. Simple, really. Religions are intolerant to non-believers, for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Mmm......can't say I've ever had religion shoved down my throat, fortunately I live in a society which is tolerant.
    Good for you, I don't.

    Is there anything stopping an atheist organization running tax free?
    Uh, yeah, the government. Duh.


    What Bronze Age myth-based decision-making processes are you talking about?

    Be more specific please?
    Religion, of course. Bronze age myths and superstitions.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  34. #134  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Well..being honest, I respect them, but when it comes in believing them .... then certainly not because i already have one person to believe in !!
    And what "person" is that exactly? Is it a real person or an imaginary person?

    Yes, i chose to believe in that one invisible entity called God, because I've faith in him, i trust him.
    So you believe one imaginary entity, but not another? And, you say you trust an imaginary entity? That makes no sense. Why do you choose one and not the others?

    I never said that you stop believing Santa, believing him or not is all your choice !!
    Conclusion ->
    -No difference
    -No problem
    8)
    Yes, there is a huge difference and a huge problem. You've singled out one imaginary entity to believe in over all the others. Yet, you can't distinguish one over the other in any way other than your choice to want to believe in it. Your wanting to believe in this entity in no way supports its existence, but only supports your irrational belief.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  35. #135  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Since when did any religion ever demonstrate tolerance?
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Santa? ...what's the difference?
    Make the connection.

    ***

    Incidentally, what's with teh throat? Why do atheists worldwide say "shoved down my throat"? Isn't it weird?
    Mmmm....projection of intention or desire?

    Orthodox atheism must be like gagging on a restricted larynx whilst holding your bum cheeks tight.
    I wonder if constipation is a common complaint?
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  36. #136  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    I wonder if constipation is a common complaint?
    By using that analogy, I would say yes, considering the shit flows freely through theists.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  37. #137  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    I wonder if constipation is a common complaint?
    By using that analogy, I would say yes, considering the shit flows freely through theists.
    Lol

    Oh well at least you still have a quota of humour, even if it is crude.

    There is hope for you Q....You are human after all x
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  38. #138  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    There is hope for you Q....You are human after all x
    There is little hope for you, Absum.

    Now, do you actually have anything to say?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  39. #139  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    There is hope for you Q....You are human after all x
    There is little hope for you, Absum.

    Now, do you actually have anything to say?
    Lol

    There's no need for hope if your not afraid to release your hold on the end of the rope Q

    Yet you continue to swing through the forest of ignorance like the Ape of Thoth distorting reality because you can't see the truth for the trees.

    I know that will fall on deaf & blind ears, but I enjoyed saying it nevertheless

    I do love you Q anyway
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  40. #140  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!

    There's no need for hope if your not afraid to release your hold on the end of the rope Q

    Yet you continue to swing through the forest of ignorance like the Ape of Thoth distorting reality because you can't see the truth for the trees.

    I know that will fall on deaf & blind ears, but I enjoyed saying it nevertheless
    No, it doesn't fall on deaf ears. But, from what I can glean from your post is that I'm ignorant because I don't let magic and superstition rule my world.

    And, somehow I am distorting reality even though I view reality for what it is.

    It is you who is in fact distorting reality by believing that magic and superstition are somehow part of it.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  41. #141  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!

    There's no need for hope if your not afraid to release your hold on the end of the rope Q

    Yet you continue to swing through the forest of ignorance like the Ape of Thoth distorting reality because you can't see the truth for the trees.

    I know that will fall on deaf & blind ears, but I enjoyed saying it nevertheless
    No, it doesn't fall on deaf ears. But, from what I can glean from your post is that I'm ignorant because I don't let magic and superstition rule my world.

    And, somehow I am distorting reality even though I view reality for what it is.

    It is you who is in fact distorting reality by believing that magic and superstition are somehow part of it.
    Ok Q will you answer these questions for me so I can understand where you are coming from and understand what you are saying....

    When you have an idea pop into your head, where does it come from?

    When you forget a thing temporarily, where does it go?

    Do you think that a living object can extend a part of its self further than the boundaries of its own flesh?

    Do you think living cells have an intelligence?

    What is it that really occurs during telepathy? (before you say such a thing does not exist please refer to the experiments of Rupert Sheldrake)

    Do you think plants are intelligent?

    Do you think that all that exists in reality is what our five senses can detect?

    Do you think a humans range of senses is suitable and able to receive sensations from all their really is?

    Do you think that it is right for science to disregard the possibility of other factors which might contribute to the effect of a natural phenomena and claim that it cannot possibly exist because science has so far been unable to detect such factors with the senses and current technology?
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  42. #142  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!

    When you have an idea pop into your head, where does it come from?

    me: My brain.

    When you forget a thing temporarily, where does it go?

    me: It's always in the last place I look.

    Do you think that a living object can extend a part of its self further than the boundaries of its own flesh?

    me: Of course not.

    Do you think living cells have an intelligence?

    me: Nope.

    What is it that really occurs during telepathy? (before you say such a thing does not exist please refer to the experiments of Rupert Sheldrake)

    me: Telepathy is complete nonsense.

    Do you think plants are intelligent?

    me: Nope

    Do you think that all that exists in reality is what our five senses can detect?

    me: As well, that which can be detected by scientific instruments far more sensitive than our senses.

    Do you think a humans range of senses is suitable and able to receive sensations from all their really is?

    me: If you mean reality, yes.

    Do you think that it is right for science to disregard the possibility of other factors which might contribute to the effect of a natural phenomena and claim that it cannot possibly exist because science has so far been unable to detect such factors with the senses and current technology?

    me: What other factors do you refer? Be specific.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  43. #143  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    Do you think that a living object can extend a part of its self further than the boundaries of its own flesh?
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    In the spirit of your reply (Q). :wink:
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  44. #144  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    So, Pong seems to be in the favor of (Q) eh !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  45. #145  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    And what "person" is that exactly? Is it a real person or an imaginary person?
    Obviously non other then almighty God and he's not any kind of imaginary person. There was a time when he existed but now only his great thoughts exist among all of us. So, for me his venerable thoughts and his rules for humanity are everything, in some way it also indicates his existence. Don't know about others but this is what i feel.

    So you believe one imaginary entity, but not another? And, you say you trust an imaginary entity? That makes no sense. Why do you choose one and not the others?
    I don't need to because as i said before i already have one person to believe in. I just respect him because of his good thoughts.
    To clarify all your doubts about religion, there's a famous quote by Albert Einstein (taken from Albert Einstein's Words on Spirituality and Religion. )
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    I hope you understand that what it actually mean. So, this was the simple quotation to clear all your doubts.

    Advise to you -

    I suspect that there's something which is actually blocking your way to good thoughts. What you think is right, wouldn't be right in actual. This is what making you benighted of the real world around you.
    Don't worry, my suggestion for all of your problem is -
    Just try to think positive, don't try the negative energy overcome you. Just stay away from those kind of thoughts. Always think of something more lively and something which has got ardor of living in this world and facing it.

    Your Drawback -



    You're on a path which has no end !!

    Yes, there is a huge difference and a huge problem. You've singled out one imaginary entity to believe in over all the others. Yet, you can't distinguish one over the other in any way other than your choice to want to believe in it. Your wanting to believe in this entity in no way supports its existence, but only supports your irrational belief.
    From my point of view i don't think that there should be distinction between people having good thoughts(but the only difference is Santa is an imaginary character or maybe not, kind of mystery)
    Now, what i specifically want to ask from you is that, you tell what does Santa actually mean, or what is the message that he wants to spread ??
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  46. #146  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    please omit,

    Thank You !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  47. #147  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    So, Pong seems to be in the favor of (Q) eh !!
    I believe (Q) is correct. I do believe your belief in God is irrational. However, I love my wife and child, and realize this too is - technically - irrational. I find that good is irrational. And I (irrationally perhaps) value good and "doing right" above mere correctness. Yash I think you're an extraordinarily good person, while (Q) is extraordinarily ...not.

    But my last post was just pointing to the absurdity of projecting a claim onto the internet that he cannot extend a part of his self further than the boundaries of its own flesh.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  48. #148  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I believe (Q) is correct. I do believe your belief in God is irrational. However, I love my wife and child, and realize this too is - technically - irrational. I find that good is irrational. And I (irrationally perhaps) value good and "doing right" above mere correctness. Yash I think you're an extraordinarily good person, while (Q) is extraordinarily ...not.

    But my last post was just pointing to the absurdity of projecting a claim onto the internet that he cannot extend a part of his self further than the boundaries of its own flesh.
    Thanks again Pong for admiring. You yourself are a good person, who respects others opinion. This is the quality which we don't get to see among others that easily, i hope you understand whom I'm pointing to.

    Pong I've a question for you -
    why do you think that your love for your wife and child is technically irrational ??and why good is irrational ??
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  49. #149  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    So, Pong seems to be in the favor of (Q) eh !!
    Pong is trying to demonstrate that I've extended myself beyond the boundaries of flesh. Well done, I might add.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  50. #150  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Obviously non other then almighty God and he's not any kind of imaginary person.
    There isn't anything obvious about that at all, except to someone who might be indoctrinated into that particular cult.

    There was a time when he existed but now only his great thoughts exist among all of us.
    And you know that for a fact? Or, are you just regurgitating medieval myths and superstitious dogma? No such evidence for your gods existence is available other than from holy books. But, there are a multitude of holy books that don't agree with you. Why don't you believe those other holy books?

    So, for me his venerable thoughts and his rules for humanity are everything, in some way it also indicates his existence. Don't know about others but this is what i feel.
    Rules for humanity? That is utterly laughable. Do you keep slaves? Will you murder your own son or daughter for blasphemy? Pulleeeze. Don't be so naive.

    Holy books in no way indicate the existence of gods, they are merely books written by men.

    I don't need to because as i said before i already have one person to believe in. I just respect him because of his good thoughts.
    And, it never even occurred to you that those "thoughts" are the thoughts of men who lived at that time, and nothing else? Remember, those men wrote the holy books.

    To clarify all your doubts about religion, there's a famous quote by Albert Einstein (taken from Albert Einstein's Words on Spirituality and Religion. )
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    I hope you understand that what it actually mean. So, this was the simple quotation to clear all your doubts.
    I do know what it means, but clearly, you do not. Read here:

    "This is what Albert Einstein wrote in his letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, in response to his receiving the book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt". The letter was written on January 3, 1954, in German, and explains Einstein's personal beliefs regarding religion and the Jewish people; it was put on sale one year later and remained into a personal collection ever since. Now the letter is again on auction in London and has a starting price of 8,000 sterling pounds.

    The letter states pretty clearly that Einstein was by no means a religious person - in fact, the great physicist saw religion as no more than a "childish superstition". "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this", Einstein wrote."

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Scien...nd-85550.shtml

    I suspect that there's something which is actually blocking your way to good thoughts. What you think is right, wouldn't be right in actual. This is what making you benighted of the real world around you.
    Are you serious? Do you actually read what you write? You ignore billions of other people on the planet who don't believe in your god, so what you say would apply to them too. Then, there is the people who do believe in your god but don't agree with your interpretation, so that would apply to them. In other words, you are pretty much alone with your interpretation of your god and your version of the world around you.

    Just try to think positive, don't try the negative energy overcome you. Just stay away from those kind of thoughts. Always think of something more lively and something which has got ardor of living in this world and facing it.
    Sorry, but I'm not buying into your brand of delusion.

    From my point of view i don't think that there should be distinction between people having good thoughts(but the only difference is Santa is an imaginary character or maybe not, kind of mystery)
    Santa is every bit as real as your god, unless you can demonstrate otherwise?

    Now, what i specifically want to ask from you is that, you tell what does Santa actually mean, or what is the message that he wants to spread ??
    Whatever message Santa has was written from the imaginations of men, the same as your god.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  51. #151  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Yash I think you're an extraordinarily good person, while (Q) is extraordinarily ...not.
    I'm touched.

    But my last post was just pointing to the absurdity of projecting a claim onto the internet that he cannot extend a part of his self further than the boundaries of its own flesh.
    Not bad, but I didn't extend myself beyond the boundaries of flesh.

    The photons bombarding your from your screen are not part of me.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  52. #152  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    The photons bombarding your from your screen are not part of me.
    Viewed that way, you're very small. We all know you're larger than that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Pong I've a question for you -
    why do you think that your love for your wife and child is technically irrational ??and why good is irrational ??
    I can't properly explain it briefly. To start with, we must get over the assumption that irrational is necessarily bad. Have you ever fallen madly in love? No shame in that!

    As an atheist, I have to think that people are an arbitrary result of evolution. So what good is in us, is adaptations to the luck of environment, not a gift from God. Love for example, because we are mammals. Isn't that a petty basis for morality, compared to God? You think you don't kill because God said so; I think I don't kill because empathy is in my genes. Neither of us needs to rationalize that - it's just so because God made it or because evolution made it. Both of us better just accept this condition we can't reason with.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  53. #153  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    I can't properly explain it briefly. To start with, we must get over the assumption that irrational is necessarily bad. Have you ever fallen madly in love? No shame in that!
    Pong text removed for some period of time


    You think you don't kill because God said so; I think I don't kill because empathy is in my genes.
    God gave us chance to live life as human, he gave us brains, made us intelligent to think what is wrong and what is right.
    So, this is the perfect reason for your statement. ^_^
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  54. #154  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    The letter states pretty clearly that Einstein was by no means a religious person - in fact, the great physicist saw religion as no more than a "childish superstition". "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this", Einstein wrote."
    But still you missed out one main thing :-
    At the end its written, "Einstein was often associated with atheism because of his views on conventional religion, but he never liked being called an atheist."
    So, it simply signifies that somehow at some corner of his heart and soul he trusted God he would have loved to hear if people had called him theists.



    Santa is every bit as real as your god
    Then this means that you indirectly believe in God if you in Santa.
    good ! good !! even though its indirect but still its ok.

    Whatever message Santa has was written from the imaginations of men, the same as your god.
    Now, what !!
    ->You don't even believe your Santa , you think that people have written things from their imagination and not Santa.
    ->Principles written by God are described briefly.
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  55. #155  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    God gave us chance to live life as human, he gave us brains, made us intelligent to think what is wrong and what is right.
    No, he told you what is right and what is wrong. You aren't allowed to think and use your intelligence. If you did, you wouldn't be posting about gods giving people brains.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  56. #156  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    At the end its written, "Einstein was often associated with atheism because of his views on conventional religion, but he never liked being called an atheist."
    So, it simply signifies that somehow at some corner of his heart and soul he trusted God he would have loved to hear if people had called him theists.
    Complete nonsense. Einstein did not believe in gods.

    Then this means that you indirectly believe in God if you in Santa.
    good ! good !! even though its indirect but still its ok.
    Uh... you missed the point. Santa doesn't exist and your god exists every bit as much as Santa.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  57. #157  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Complete nonsense. Einstein did not believe in gods.
    Einstein could be described as an agnostic, as he was skeptical about the existence of God but did not profess true atheism.
    Einstein made a mistake by not understanding something special -
    Einstein's error
    Einstein's failure to understand the motives of God are the result of his incorrect assumption that God intended this universe as His ultimate perfect creation. Einstein could not get past the moral problems that are present in our universe. He assumed, as most atheists do, that a personal God would only create a universe which is both good morally and perfect physically. However, according to Christianity, the purpose of the universe is not to be morally or physically perfect, but to provide a place where spiritual creatures can choose to love or reject God - to live with Him forever in a new, perfect universe, or reject Him and live apart from Him for eternity. It would not be possible to make this choice in a universe in which all moral choices are restricted to only good choices. Einstein didn't seem to understand that one could not choose between good and bad if bad did not exist. It's amazing that such a brilliant man could not understand such a simple logical principle.
    http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/einstein.html
    This is a good reference site when it comes to God,
    right (Q) !! :-D

    Uh... you missed the point. Santa doesn't exist and your god exists every bit as much as Santa.
    So, again an indirect way of saying that God doesn't exist.
    Let me make something clear, God, they don't exist now for sure, long before they did, but one(a true devotee) who really beliefs in God and follows his sayings will surely be able to see him when ever in need.
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  58. #158  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash

    Einstein could be described
    I could care less what theists want to describe about Einstein. They usually are lying.

    http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/einstein.html
    This is a good reference site when it comes to God,
    right
    It's filled with fantasy, magic, lies and nonsense, so you're probably right.

    Let me make something clear, God, they don't exist now for sure, long before they did, but one(a true devotee) who really beliefs in God and follows his sayings will surely be able to see him when ever in need.
    That isn't clear, that's gibberish.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  59. #159  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Hey, (Q) and everyone else do you people know where is Pong ??
    because he's not active on this site from last 2 weeks !!
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  60. #160  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    These days i don't even see (Q) where is he and what about Pong even he's absent from long time. They were really great people to argue with.
    Hope, i may see them soon........ :-D

    Is there anyone else out here who misses them ?????
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  61. #161  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    These days i don't even see (Q) where is he and what about Pong even he's absent from long time. They were really great people to argue with.
    Hope, i may see them soon........ :-D

    Is there anyone else out here who misses them ?????
    Yeah......me!

    No Pong or Q...?.......where are you?

    Hopefully just busy and nothing more serious
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
     

  62. #162  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Then this means that you indirectly believe in God if you in Santa.
    good ! good !! even though its indirect but still its ok.
    Uh... you missed the point. Santa doesn't exist and your god exists every bit as much as Santa.
    But Santa is based on St. Nick, who was and did exist in a less exadurated form.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  63. #163  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    Yeah......me!

    No Pong or Q...?.......where are you?

    Hopefully just busy and nothing more serious
    Well..i just guess that what ever you're thinking about them it comes out to be true although i thought something different, i thought that maybe both of them were bored of residing on this site.

    ^_^
    :-D
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  64. #164  
    Forum Senior Yash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    But Santa is based on St. Nick, who was and did exist in a less exadurated form.
    This clearly signifies your believe in Santa and that's not wrong at all. Believing/Disbelieving in something, it all depends on ones individual choice.
    (Q) was not able to understand someones believe in God and arguments on these kind of topics took the whole argument this far. (Q) is someone who does'nt actually like people keeping their views/opinions on top of his, whereas Pong respects others thoughts and opinions. So, this is his quality which is quite appreciable. ^_^
    :-D
    Satisfaction Should Be Given First Priority
     

  65. #165  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Pong ??
    Just "bored", thanks.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  66. #166 Re: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !! 
    Forum Professor WVBIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    They divide you Q. Not I nor anyone else here.
    Really? So, Christians, Muslims and Jews are all one big happy family? Dysfunctional, perhaps, but happy?

    God bless everyone and God bless atheists. Since it costs nothing.
    Your god can tafftard.
    "Suppose" to be one big happy family. As usual, "Q" didn't read the post carefully
    Steven
     

  67. #167  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf
    But Santa is based on St. Nick, who was and did exist in a less exadurated form.
    This clearly signifies your believe in Santa and that's not wrong at all. Believing/Disbelieving in something, it all depends on ones individual choice.
    (Q) was not able to understand someones believe in God and arguments on these kind of topics took the whole argument this far. (Q) is someone who does'nt actually like people keeping their views/opinions on top of his, whereas Pong respects others thoughts and opinions. So, this is his quality which is quite appreciable. ^_^
    :-D
    There is no reason/logic/evidence to believe in god. Believing in something, means lack of understanding and knowledge. In Roman times, (when the new testament was written, 200 years after 'Jesus' died), they didn't know what thunder was, so they said it's an angry god who throws lightening, when die saw a volcano, they said the mountains on fire because god is angry. Now 2000 years later you do the same, "I am conscious and mankind is the most intelligent species of this planet. Why? I don't know, so it must be god who did it." This is what kept us in the dark ages.
     

  68. #168  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Well..i just went though the posts by (Q), and finally came upon a conclusion that (Q) is surely an atheist, am saying this because he doesn't respect religions, and all the religions were actually made by God. So, (Q) is actually disrespecting god in the other sense !!
    ALL the religions were created by god? Why the need for SO MANY religions, and why the need for a different message for each religion, some conflicting with others? Clearly, you've given the topic very little thought.

    Respect a bad ideology? Should we respect other bad ideologies, like Nazism or Fascism, or even Cannibalism? Where do we draw the line in what bad ideology deserves respect?

    Most religoins have a very similar message something like "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself"
    Most religions have very simiilar messages, especially the major ones.
    A minor miracle maybe?
    What are the chances of that happen by chance?


    * Bah' Faith:
    o "Ascribe not to any soul that which thou wouldst not have ascribed to thee, and say not that which thou doest not." "Blessed is he who preferreth his brother before himself." Baha'u'llah
    o "And if thine eyes be turned towards justice, choose thou for thy neighbour that which thou choosest for thyself." Epistle to the Son of the Wolf
    * Brahmanism: "This is the sum of Dharma [duty]: Do naught unto others which would cause you pain if done to you". Mahabharata, 5:1517 "
    * Buddhism:
    o "...a state that is not pleasing or delightful to me, how could I inflict that upon another?" Samyutta NIkaya v. 353
    o Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." Udana-Varga 5:18
    * Christianity:
    o "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12, King James Version.
    o "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31, King James Version.
    o "...and don't do what you hate...", Gospel of Thomas 6. The Gospel of Thomas is one of about 40 gospels that were widely accepted among early Christians, but which never made it into the Christian Scriptures (New Testament).
    * Confucianism:
    o "Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you" Analects 15:23
    o "Tse-kung asked, 'Is there one word that can serve as a principle of conduct for life?' Confucius replied, 'It is the word 'shu' -- reciprocity. Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.'" Doctrine of the Mean 13.3
    o "Try your best to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, and you will find that this is the shortest way to benevolence." Mencius VII.A.4
    * Ancient Egyptian:
    o "Do for one who may do for you, that you may cause him thus to do." The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant, 109 - 110 Translated by R.B. Parkinson. The original dates to 1970 to 1640 BCE and may be the earliest version ever written. 3
    * Hinduism:
    o This is the sum of duty: do not do to others what would cause pain if done to you. Mahabharata 5:1517
    * Humanism:
    o "(5) Humanists acknowledge human interdependence, the need for mutual respect and the kinship of all humanity."
    o "(11) Humanists affirm that individual and social problems can only be resolved by means of human reason, intelligent effort, critical thinking joined with compassion and a spirit of empathy for all living beings. " 4
    o "Don't do things you wouldn't want to have done to you, British Humanist Society. 3
    * Islam: "None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself." Number 13 of Imam "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths." 5
    * Jainism:
    o "Therefore, neither does he [a sage] cause violence to others nor does he make others do so." Acarangasutra 5.101-2.
    o "In happiness and suffering, in joy and grief, we should regard all creatures as we regard our own self." Lord Mahavira, 24th Tirthankara
    o "A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated. "Sutrakritanga 1.11.33
    * Judaism:
    o "...thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.", Leviticus 19:18
    o "What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. This is the law: all the rest is commentary." Talmud, Shabbat 31a.
    o "And what you hate, do not do to any one." Tobit 4:15 6
    * Native American Spirituality:
    o "Respect for all life is the foundation." The Great Law of Peace.
    o "All things are our relatives; what we do to everything, we do to ourselves. All is really One." Black Elk
    o "Do not wrong or hate your neighbor. For it is not he who you wrong, but yourself." Pima proverb.
    * Roman Pagan Religion: "The law imprinted on the hearts of all men is to love the members of society as themselves."
    * Shinto:
    o "The heart of the person before you is a mirror. See there your own form"
    o "Be charitable to all beings, love is the representative of God." Ko-ji-ki Hachiman Kasuga
    * Sikhism:
    o Compassion-mercy and religion are the support of the entire world". Japji Sahib
    o "Don't create enmity with anyone as God is within everyone." Guru Arjan Devji 259
    o "No one is my enemy, none a stranger and everyone is my friend." Guru Arjan Dev : AG 1299
    * Sufism: "The basis of Sufism is consideration of the hearts and feelings of others. If you haven't the will to gladden someone's heart, then at least beware lest you hurt someone's heart, for on our path, no sin exists but this." Dr. Javad Nurbakhsh, Master of the Nimatullahi Sufi Order.
    * Taoism:
    o "Regard your neighbor's gain as your own gain, and your neighbor's loss as your own loss." T'ai Shang Kan Ying P'ien.
    o "The sage has no interest of his own, but takes the interests of the people as his own. He is kind to the kind; he is also kind to the unkind: for Virtue is kind. He is faithful to the faithful; he is also faithful to the unfaithful: for Virtue is faithful." Tao Teh Ching, Chapter 49
    * Unitarian:

    "The inherent worth and dignity of every person;"
    "Justice, equity and compassion in human relations.... "
    "The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;"
    "We affirm and promote respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part." Unitarian principles. 7,8

    * Wicca: "An it harm no one, do what thou wilt" (i.e. do what ever you will, as long as it harms nobody, including yourself). One's will is to be carefully thought out in advance of action. This is called the Wiccan Rede
    * Yoruba: (Nigeria): "One going to take a pointed stick to pinch a baby bird should first try it on himself to feel how it hurts."
    * Zoroastrianism:
    o "That nature alone is good which refrains from doing unto another whatsoever is not good for itself". Dadistan-i-dinik 94:5
    o "Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others." Shayast-na-Shayast 13:29
     

  69. #169  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by esbo
    Most religoins have a very similar message something like "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself"
    Most religions have very simiilar messages, especially the major ones.
    A minor miracle maybe?
    What are the chances of that happen by chance?
    First of all, you would have to demonstrate that the phrase "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself" is something created by religion. It most likely has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with evolution. Hence, that concept would evolve throughout most, if not all cultures.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  70. #170  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    266
    most likely, how did you come to that rough hypothesis
     

  71. #171  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by esbo
    Most religoins have a very similar message something like "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself"
    Most religions have very simiilar messages, especially the major ones.
    A minor miracle maybe?
    What are the chances of that happen by chance?
    First of all, you would have to demonstrate that the phrase "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself" is something created by religion. It most likely has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with evolution. Hence, that concept would evolve throughout most, if not all cultures.
    That God created man through evolution you mean?
     

  72. #172  
    Forum Senior PhoenixG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by esbo
    Most religoins have a very similar message something like "do unto other as you would expect others to do unto yourself"
    Most religions have very simiilar messages, especially the major ones.
    A minor miracle maybe?
    What are the chances of that happen by chance?
    Most major religions also have creation myths, hero myths, flood myths, and end-of-world myths. It certainly is an interesting anthropological phenomenon, but I don't think it's safe to attribute anything more than that to it.

    I think that many people coming to the same conclusion speaks to the validity of the idea more than the evidence of "minor miracles". Cultures far and wide all learned to count, develop language, and build semi-permanent structures. Evidence of minor miracles, or evidence that developing cultures hit predictable milestones during their development/maturation?

    The former is a faith statement which won't get us very far if we're looking for academic conversation. The latter is something more substantial (and satisfying, IMO) and doesn't need to rely on the supernatural to carry itself.

    So far as "do onto others" goes, I think we need to look no further than Immanuel Kant's categorical imperative to see that we don't need religious dogmatism to light the way for moral thinking. Moral philosophy has progressed in the last 2,000 years. We can either embrace this fact or continue to play mental gymnastics with iron age source materials and waste a lot of time and effort in the process.
    "PhoenixG makes me puke that why I quoted him." - esbo
     

  73. #173  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    It's a simple fluke of the human mind, nothing more. It's natural for a human to want an answer to those questions, and being that historically we have had FANTASTIC imaginations, it stands to reason that throughout history we have answered those questions, some(Greek, Norse, Egyptians) more fancifully than others(Christians, Muslims, Jews).

    All of these "coincidental" things really aren't. They are wired into the brain of humans from an evolutionary process. It's all milestones, as Phoenix points out. Culture and Society is predisposed to have those qualities, and seeing as how Humans have a much higher survival rate in societal conditions, it stands to reason that societal requirements will be met rather universally, regardless of where the people are.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  74. #174  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    323
    Excuse me, man - the greek gods make a HELL of alot more sense than the christian or muslim ones! Way cooler too.

    I get a kick out of reading the Iliad. The bible pretty much sux.
     

  75. #175  
    Forum Professor marcusclayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,702
    "greek gods make a HELL of alot more sense than the christian or muslim ones!"

    In my opinion -- that makes perfect sense -- I've always thought the Greek god's made a better appeal to the immature egoism. I liked them when I was a kid too, when my imagination was what guided me. Nowadays my memory, morality and judgement are more active, and such division in divinity as is symbolized by Pagan myth is unnecessary. I understand that I can't relate to that which I don't know, and that I can't know that which I do not relate to. Dividing "it" into many parts is the begining to understand the whole, but once you reach a surtain point, you see that the many parts are not each one, but are a fraction of a whole, each finding their meaning in their context.

    Aries for example, without Athena, is "the god of war." Athena without Aries, on the other hand, is "the god of war." Together they are "the Gods of war:" each an expression of different attitudes resonant with war -- one more violent, the other more strategic.

    Without the rest of the Gods, they are not just "the gods of war" but are also "the only god's" and thus "the only god's" are "the gods of war."

    Excuse the oversimplification, but some people don't seem to understand the value of context in symbolism(a form of language,) just as they do not understand the value of supporting their views.

    Some cultures undoubtedly have only had God(s) who were military in character, and their culture was probably relatively military in attitude.

    "Greece" didn't worship the entire pantheon as one homogeneous cult. The poets of the day, such as Homer, profited off of appealing to the wide variety of local myths. One can imagine sophists of today telling stories of God and Satan being part of a quarreling family, and behold, sophists are speaking pluralism to this day -- abusing misunderstood concepts such as "yin-yang," "relativity," and "balance" to suit their anti-philosophical paradigm.

    We know greek myth best from the iliad, but in those days the majority of people lived in rural areas and farmed for a living. They did not have access to printed books such as the iliad, they also did not have time or money to see the plays. They heard stories, and passed around stories, each of which had local flair. There were Patron deities, such as Athena in Athens, but there were temples to other Gods. If you were an uneducated lowly farmer who is being taken advantage of by unjust taxes and a corrupt senate, would you worship to the state's God of wisdom and war(athena), or the crop's God(Artemis/Demeter, or the weather's God Zeus, Poseidon, or the families god Hera?)... assuming of course that atheism was not as pronounced as it is today... I have my unfounded suspicions.

    ...excuse the lengthy rant if it's off topic
    Dick, be Frank.

    Ambiguity Kills.
     

  76. #176  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Sensei
    Excuse me, man - the greek gods make a HELL of alot more sense than the christian or muslim ones! Way cooler too.

    I get a kick out of reading the Iliad. The bible pretty much sux.
    thank you for agreeing with me. Greeks, more fanciful than Christians, make FULL use of their imagination, because they VALUE their minds. Makes sense that their Gods would be less perfect and more fun to ponder on, eh?
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  77. #177  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by esbo

    That God created man through evolution you mean?
    No, gods had nothing to do with it. Evolution works entirely on it's own.
     

  78. #178  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmaelblues
    most likely, how did you come to that rough hypothesis
    An understanding of how evolution works applied to social activities.
     

  79. #179  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Sensei
    I get a kick out of reading the Iliad. The bible pretty much sux.
    goes to show - a good playwright makes all the difference
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
     

  80. #180  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    amazing what happens when a great writer writes a story about the Gods, isn't it.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  81. #181  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Personally, I prefer the gods of the discworld. Just so much more interesting than a single entity who is obscure but perfect.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
     

  82. #182  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    323
    Aside from the fact that most of the more intelligent Greeks knew their gods were nothing more than legends and allegories.

    But if you follow something like Mitchianity, then the most ludicrous stories are actually 'true'.
     

  83. #183  
    Forum Professor marcusclayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,702
    "more intelligent Greeks knew their gods were nothing more than legends and allegories."

    The same can be said about most folk stories, including religion.
    Dick, be Frank.

    Ambiguity Kills.
     

  84. #184 Re: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !! 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    no religion ever said that people are meant to live apart from other religion !!
    Bullshit! If you don't belong to a religion, you are an infidel or non-believer, are evil and will burn for an eternity.

    in fact every religion says the same that we should live with harmony, peace, understanding !!
    That would part of the hypocrisy of religions. Pure crap.
    agreed highly... just look at the 13th century... Christianity.... if u werent one of "us" you were seen as one of "them" and therefore you would be killed on sight....
    buttom line is:
    if you could not be converted than you would be killed.... people held as knife point to say "this is my god".... 'we are all meant to live in peace and harmony.... that i can understand.... just how about ALL religions mind their own business.... instead of trying to convert everyone.... ONLY THEN will there be "true peace" on earth.....
    "Give Your Soul to me For Eternity, and take Your place Inside The Fire in my Life" "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed

    'Asprin' Apply Directly To The Forehead =P
     

  85. #185 Re: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !! 
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman34
    agreed highly... just look at the 13th century... Christianity.... if u werent one of "us" you were seen as one of "them" and therefore you would be killed on sight....
    buttom line is:
    if you could not be converted than you would be killed.... people held as knife point to say "this is my god".... 'we are all meant to live in peace and harmony.... that i can understand.... just how about ALL religions mind their own business.... instead of trying to convert everyone.... ONLY THEN will there be "true peace" on earth.....
    Not true. Most of the horrors in Medieval Christendom occurred during times of great stress, during events like the Black Death and the Crusades. People weren't dragged out into the street and "killed on sight". Medieval Christendom wasnt the (atheist) Soviet Union after all.
     

  86. #186 Re: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !! 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by KomradRed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman34
    agreed highly... just look at the 13th century... Christianity.... if u werent one of "us" you were seen as one of "them" and therefore you would be killed on sight....
    buttom line is:
    if you could not be converted than you would be killed.... people held as knife point to say "this is my god".... 'we are all meant to live in peace and harmony.... that i can understand.... just how about ALL religions mind their own business.... instead of trying to convert everyone.... ONLY THEN will there be "true peace" on earth.....
    Not true. Most of the horrors in Medieval Christendom occurred during times of great stress, during events like the Black Death and the Crusades. People weren't dragged out into the street and "killed on sight". Medieval Christendom wasnt the (atheist) Soviet Union after all.
    but seriously man.... u go outside and have a look at the world today.... the religions of the world today will NOT get on because of cultural differences and people saying THIS is better than THAT.... seriously man.... have a look around.... the major world religions of todays world WILL NEVER get along....
    "Give Your Soul to me For Eternity, and take Your place Inside The Fire in my Life" "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed

    'Asprin' Apply Directly To The Forehead =P
     

  87. #187  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    240
    And? Its more than the religions. Politics, economics, and just about anything under the sun has led people to disagree and harm one another. Some have this fantasy that if you take away religion, the world would become a paradise. History has shown that this view is inevitably false as people will always find something else to gripe and argue about. It is what makes us human.
     

  88. #188  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Well stated komrad, and I thoroughly agree with that point. It's basic human nature to find something to fight about, because we are an elitist species and always will be. We always have to have the best, be the best, or in some way prove our superiority to our fellow man. It's what makes us who we are and it's what has gotten us to the point we are at right now. Sorry spaceman, but it's just a sad fact of the Human Condition. Not even Q can disagree with that (I'm sure he could and would, but it would be a baseless argument.)
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  89. #189  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by KomradRed
    And? Its more than the religions. Politics, economics, and just about anything under the sun has led people to disagree and harm one another. Some have this fantasy that if you take away religion, the world would become a paradise.
    Bullshit. The world would not be a paradise without religion. Instead, you would have a world in which myth and superstition did NOT rule.

    History has shown that this view is inevitably false as people will always find something else to gripe and argue about. It is what makes us human.
    Is your knowledge of history and humans from a holy book? Seems that way.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  90. #190  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    No, (Q), Komrad is right. It is human nature to find something to bitch about. Sorry. But that's the way it is, 90% of human kind would rather argue than play nice.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  91. #191  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    No, (Q), Komrad is right. It is human nature to find something to bitch about. Sorry. But that's the way it is, 90% of human kind would rather argue than play nice.
    Complete BS. Sorry. 90% of humans are theists.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

  92. #192  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Irrelevant. Christians find things to fight amongst themselves, as do Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and so on. Eliminate Myth and Superstition, and you'll have people arguing over the proper interpretation of scientific data (something that happens now, btw). I'm sorry, (Q), but you're ignoring human nature.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  93. #193  
    Forum Professor WVBIG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Irrelevant. Christians find things to fight amongst themselves, as do Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and so on. Eliminate Myth and Superstition, and you'll have people arguing over the proper interpretation of scientific data (something that happens now, btw). I'm sorry, (Q), but you're ignoring human nature.
    (Q) has his opinions set in stone and there is no way to change them, except maybe to start agreeing with them
    Steven
     

  94. #194  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    140
    Does this mean that all atheists have exactly the same approach to atheism? No differences in stances? There is no God, full stop?
    thats the way i see it.... but not ALL Atheists would be the same.... thats just the same problem with EVERY religion..... religion itself is NOT a "one size fits all" kinda thing... Atheists believe in NO GOD and they hate it ESPECIALLY when they have priests come up to them and try to "convert" and ramble on about their god, while trying to be polite and walking off but the priests STILL keep on going on about it!!

    now that ive had my 2 cents of input im gunna go and do some more study.... of a scientific nature....

    i DO NOT FOLLOW ANY RELIGION, SO DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH ME....
    "Give Your Soul to me For Eternity, and take Your place Inside The Fire in my Life" "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed

    'Asprin' Apply Directly To The Forehead =P
     

  95. #195  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Well stated komrad, and I thoroughly agree with that point. It's basic human nature to find something to fight about, because we are an elitist species and always will be. We always have to have the best, be the best, or in some way prove our superiority to our fellow man. It's what makes us who we are and it's what has gotten us to the point we are at right now. Sorry spaceman, but it's just a sad fact of the Human Condition. Not even Q can disagree with that (I'm sure he could and would, but it would be a baseless argument.)
    i guess your right there cane.... but i never once said "i think that once religion is removed that the world will be a paradise" just wanted to state that....
    and yes arcane you are quite right... its basic human psychology..... its within our nature to be destructive and fight over something.... its like a 5 year old thats been given a can of Mother Energy drink or Red Bull... had a sip and has gone psycho and then had the can taken away.... a bit of a rant but imagine it on the bigger scale..... and there u have it.... world religion!.

    (from my PERSONAL point of view) Religion is vile, contagious and i feel that it "infects" me everytime i HAVE to go to a chapel service.... i just find the general idea of religion repulsive..... because the only way that something bad will happen to me is if i tick off the wrong person.... not because of some "great god" said "hey wait... hes not going to church!! get him!!!"
    "Give Your Soul to me For Eternity, and take Your place Inside The Fire in my Life" "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed

    'Asprin' Apply Directly To The Forehead =P
     

  96. #196  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman34
    Atheists... hate it ESPECIALLY when they have priests come up to them...
    Not all atheists. Personally, I like it and appreciate the effort.

    Anyway, rejecting something doesn't make you an atheist. Because rebellion too is a kind of following your leader.
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  97. #197  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Yes, I rather enjoy talking to priests and theologians. It puts life and philosophy in perspective. And on top of that, having a rational discussion with a priest can lead either to you having your eyes opened or the priests. Either way, there could be some enlightenment involved in one or both parties, be it for the better or for the worse, it still has a chance to happen.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  98. #198  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beverly Hills, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    140
    forgive me guys.... i was a little stressed and pissed off at the time because i had my HSC Trial exams.... but i do stand by SOME of what i said.... i just generally dont follow a religion and hate it when it comes up in conversation, and would rather avoid it if possible but ive always found muslims vs christians very amusing because the christians (from my point of view) we're the 'Strength in Number' kind of people meanwhile, on the other hand, you had the muslims who (at the time) had the best medics, best army commanders, and actually had the brains for there to be peace in spain for a few hundred years but the name for that time escapes me now...

    Side Comment: wow... ive contradicted myself on what ive just said.... only one word will explain just how much of an ass i made of myself and that word is 'LOL'
    "Give Your Soul to me For Eternity, and take Your place Inside The Fire in my Life" "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed

    'Asprin' Apply Directly To The Forehead =P
     

  99. #199 Re: Wishes To Each And Every Religion !! 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego CA USA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yash
    Merry Christmas !! , عيد ميلاد سعيد! , Весела Коледа! , 圣诞快乐!, 聖誕快樂!, Vesel Vnoce! , Gldelig jul! , Hyv joulua! , Joyeux Nol! , Frohe Weihnachten! , Καλά Χριστούγεννα!! , חג שמח! , मेरी क्रिसमस! , Merry Christmas! , Buon Natale! , メリークリスマス! , 메리 크리스마스!! , God jul! , Feliz Natal! , С Рождеством!! , Feliz Navidad!

    To Everyone !! Let the world live peacefully !!
    ^_^
    may i add "maligayang pasko"
    Imagination is a key to the foundation of thought that will forever stand.

    Miguel Reyes
     

  100. #200  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Yes, I rather enjoy talking to priests and theologians. It puts life and philosophy in perspective. And on top of that, having a rational discussion with a priest can lead either to you having your eyes opened or the priests. Either way, there could be some enlightenment involved in one or both parties, be it for the better or for the worse, it still has a chance to happen.
    Priests and theologians are the worst of the bunch. They propagate the cult and it's tenets and spread these diseases throughout mankind. I have yet to meet one of these individuals who wasn't completely deluded. It's little wonder they take on these roles as no sane person would ever hire them.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •