Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Why second hand still selling like first new?

  1. #1 Why second hand still selling like first new? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    A few days ago, I went to a Gamestop store to buy a game. And there are two types of wrappings I could tell. One is factory-sealed, another one is sealed after wrapping off the games. When I came to the counter, I asked for new games, and he gave me the one that is re-wrapped. In my opinion, I like factory-sealed only, and I could tel which is which. The gamecase that is factory sealed without opening usually has folded sealings on the top and bottm; the re-wrapped usually has a kind of stitch-like line across the gamecase. And so I told him that I won;t buy it since he gave me the one I hate the most. He constantly told me that when the cases shipped, they are look like these. And if that's the case, why can't make them cheaper since re-wrapped again? I am very picky at the packaging cleanness and art, so that's why.


    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    Wait. What exactly is the topic of your thread? Do you want us to clinically approach your phobia of packaging, or just the discussion of various forms of packaging?

    Mr U


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by HomoUniversalis
    Wait. What exactly is the topic of your thread? Do you want us to clinically approach your phobia of packaging, or just the discussion of various forms of packaging?

    Mr U
    I am not happy that I need to pay used game for new price
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    So your saying the jewel case was re wrapped, or was the box? I know many of the game stores no longer keep the full box, only the jewel case and booklets. They don't put the product out on the shelves as people steal them. In the end I don't care so long as my copy is scratch free, never been used and authentic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Sanity
    So your saying the jewel case was re wrapped, or was the box? I know many of the game stores no longer keep the full box, only the jewel case and booklets. They don't put the product out on the shelves as people steal them. In the end I don't care so long as my copy is scratch free, never been used and authentic.
    Well, I care about that if the case cover is touched or not. I have a propensity for neat and cleanness, so I am very picky at the product~~
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    so you don't care if you take it home to find that the disk is completely scratched or the game absolutely sucks. as long as the thing is wrapped properly and not touched by anyone else.

    i myself buy second hand all the time, the only disadvantage i have ever found with a second hand game is that you can't sell them back for decent money.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Isotope (In)Sanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,699
    I'll buy floor displays all the time at very discounted prices. I've not had a single problem yet. So pay more to get a box, or pay less and get the same function. Myself, I'll pay less for the same thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    I have a propensity for neat and cleanness, so I am very picky at the product~~
    He. I went out camping with a man who had been assisting boy scout leaders and the such. He knew every trick for living in the wild. We washed our dishes with grass using the morning dew on it as water. At a certain point neat and clean become silly prospects. Personally, I am more pissed off at the Starforce protection companies are tossing on the discs than the packaging it comes in.

    Mr U
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Very simply, the game prices are market driven. If you don't like the packaging, don't buy them. If enough other consumers have the same inhibitions as you, the market will force a change.

    If not, the market will still force a change. You'll either be forced to buy the games in the manner you dislike or forced to not buy them at all if you can't find them at your high expectations.

    Personally, I think anyone silly enough to spend more than $20 a year on video games is wasting life. Go buy a book. It'll last longer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinWalker
    Very simply, the game prices are market driven. If you don't like the packaging, don't buy them. If enough other consumers have the same inhibitions as you, the market will force a change.

    If not, the market will still force a change. You'll either be forced to buy the games in the manner you dislike or forced to not buy them at all if you can't find them at your high expectations.

    Personally, I think anyone silly enough to spend more than $20 a year on video games is wasting life. Go buy a book. It'll last longer.
    Guess, what, I found it packaged differently in another store, which is folded-type.
    HI, to know me more, you may check this: http://groups.msn.com/Internationall...on/page11.msnw

    And this is the homepage of my site:
    http://groups.msn.com/Internationall..._whatsnew.msnw
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •