Notices
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Will all the water eventually turn into air?

  1. #1 Will all the water eventually turn into air? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    From my limited understanding of how plants work. Simply put using sunlight Plants turn CO2 and water into food for itself and oxygen. Which would mean that water is getting turned into air. Which would mean that the amount of water on the planet is being reduced as plants turn it into air. So I'm wondering if this means the world will eventually run out of water and by extension air and if so how long until this has a noticeable effect?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Humility View Post
    From my limited understanding of how plants work. Simply put using sunlight Plants turn CO2 and water into food for itself and oxygen. Which would mean that water is getting turned into air. Which would mean that the amount of water on the planet is being reduced as plants turn it into air. So I'm wondering if this means the world will eventually run out of water and by extension air and if so how long until this has a noticeable effect?
    If this was going to happen, the Earth would have lost all its water by now. When the sugars are metabolised they are reconverted to CO2 and H2O so it is cycled through plants.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    Oh, thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    There are all sorts of cycles within nature that may interest you. Here are some introductions to some of them.

    The Rock Cycle

    The Carbon Cycle

    The Water Cycle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    flattened rat 甘肃人's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gansu
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    There are all sorts of cycles within nature that may interest you. Here are some introductions to some of them.

    The Rock Cycle

    The Carbon Cycle

    The Water Cycle
    Yes, I too was going to point those out. You forgot the wash cycle and the rinse cycle!
    And what does the Lord require of you but to love justice, to be merciful and to walk humbly with Him?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by 甘肃人 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    There are all sorts of cycles within nature that may interest you. Here are some introductions to some of them.

    The Rock Cycle

    The Carbon Cycle

    The Water Cycle
    Yes, I too was going to point those out. You forgot the wash cycle and the rinse cycle!
    And the bicycle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman crushmymugshot112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20
    Remember those sweltering summer days when the air was so muggy you could practically drink it? A new home appliance is promising to make that possible by converting outdoor air into nearly 13 quarts of fresh water every day.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Why don't we turn Mars' wind into water?
    By TheFosterKid in forum Astronomy & Cosmology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 11th, 2014, 11:48 AM
  2. Converting water into air
    By greychief in forum Chemistry
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: June 15th, 2013, 12:56 AM
  3. taking water from the air
    By elihushaw in forum Chemistry
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
  4. air equilibrated water
    By Ledger in forum Chemistry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM
  5. can water be created from air?
    By wisdom in forum Chemistry
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •