Notices
Results 1 to 38 of 38
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Dywyddyr
  • 2 Post By scheherazade
  • 1 Post By jrmonroe
  • 1 Post By PhDemon
  • 2 Post By PumaMan
  • 2 Post By RedPanda
  • 1 Post By scheherazade
  • 1 Post By PhDemon
  • 1 Post By Arslan Ali

Thread: Why education system in India is so hopeless?

  1. #1 Why education system in India is so hopeless? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chilakaluripet,Guntur(District),Andhra Pradesh(State),India
    Posts
    56
    In our country there are hundreds of thousands of educational institutes it is one of the big business in India.But now a days education is becoming impractical and costlier in India.Schools and Colleges are becoming more like factories that produce Rankers and Careerists.Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.What is all this?Though Indian education system produced outstanding individuals it lacks many qualitative features of say USA's educational system .And in India especially in our state the students who are studying social sciences,basic sciences(like mathematics and physics) is very low(in our state many government and aided colleges are closing because of lack of students ).In our state students usually study engineering(that to computer science and electronics)and medicine(recently it became the costliest one so not many from middle class are studying),pharma,MBA,Chartered Accountancy.Though many scientist are produced through out history by India recently it is very low not many are choosing research field .creativity,integrity are the last things to expect from common average student.Philosophy and moral studies and ethics are ripped of education system because of that many immoral and unethical things happening like raping an 8 year old child and killing a lady for her golden chain and taking money and liquor to vote for a candidate in elections etc.The government is encouraging all this.Common people are thinking why should we care though some are realizing it and creating awareness among people.And also many students are becoming careerists and selfish after studies they think only money and have no social responsibility.A man who is president of press council of India said that 90% of Indians are Idiots since they vote on the basis of money,caste,religion,region.I think that is actually 100% true.(though there are exceptions).So how can we change this?,What are my duties as a responsible citizen?how can we educate people?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,759
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    creativity,integrity are the last things to expect from common average student.
    Glad to see that you're not in any way elitist.


    Flick Montana likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,064
    You have made a very insightful post, charvaka.

    I have absolutely no knowledge of your country or the conditions there. Years ago, one of my students went to India to participate in the Pushkar Camel Fair Ride, a horseback experience. She had some wonderful things to say about the food, the culture and the fair itself, as well as distress about people being killed was quite common and there were a couple of bodies found very near one of the hotels she was staying in.

    The answers shall have to come from within your country itself, if history serves, and the first step is indeed to create an awareness and to liaise with people who share your concerns. Today's technology makes that part much easier than in times past. As far as how the changes can be made, that will be the difficult part.

    There are huge challenges in North America as well. The USA and Canada are not perfect models by any stretch of the imagination though they are better in many measurable ways.

    I wish you all the best in raising the awareness of your fellow citizens in seeking the path to a better future.
    John Galt and charvaka like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor scoobydoo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    Schools and Colleges are becoming more like factories that produce Rankers and Careerists.Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.
    One of the things I've noted that is similar to the educational bodies in Singapore is that there is some conflicting perspectives in finding a balance between providing potential students the necessary skill set so that they may crave out a living in the profession they choose versus the subjects in which they have a passion for. There are similar concerns in both the families and the governing bodies in which direction is best taken. Do I want them to implement a system where they provide the necessary skill sets so that students come out with skills that they are able to put into use so that they are potentially able to find work, or do I want them to focus more on subjects that students may have a passion for, but realizing that there isn't a big market for those professions?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    i was abt to post the same my college,school and country everything sucks i hate indian education
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.
    I saw that movie. 3 Idiots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.
    I saw that movie. 3 Idiots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    see slamdog millinear and others too
    "Think like a man of action,act like a man of action"
    Henry Louis Bergson"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,318
    Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.

    Much of the developed world went through this phase...unfortunately it's still in large part true in the US as well.


    .creativity,integrity are the last things to expect from common average student.
    No sure what you mean really. But one of the most consistent things research shows about learning...is the fastest way to dash
    creativity and integrity is not to expect it. Virtually all students, regardless of setting are capable.

    .A man who is president of press council of India said that 90% of Indians are Idiots since they vote on the basis of money,caste,religion,region.
    You lucky... if only it was that low in the US.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    .A man who is president of press council of India said that 90% of Indians are Idiots since they vote on the basis of money,caste,religion,region.
    You lucky... if only it was that low in the US.
    And that's 2 more reasons than UK residents have ( - if you consider 'caste' and 'class' to be similar).
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    In our country there are hundreds of thousands of educational institutes it is one of the big business in India.But now a days education is becoming impractical and costlier in India.Schools and Colleges are becoming more like factories that produce Rankers and Careerists.Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.What is all this?Though Indian education system produced outstanding individuals it lacks many qualitative features of say USA's educational system .And in India especially in our state the students who are studying social sciences,basic sciences(like mathematics and physics) is very low(in our state many government and aided colleges are closing because of lack of students ).In our state students usually study engineering(that to computer science and electronics)and medicine(recently it became the costliest one so not many from middle class are studying),pharma,MBA,Chartered Accountancy.Though many scientist are produced through out history by India recently it is very low not many are choosing research field .creativity,integrity are the last things to expect from common average student.Philosophy and moral studies and ethics are ripped of education system because of that many immoral and unethical things happening like raping an 8 year old child and killing a lady for her golden chain and taking money and liquor to vote for a candidate in elections etc.The government is encouraging all this.Common people are thinking why should we care though some are realizing it and creating awareness among people.And also many students are becoming careerists and selfish after studies they think only money and have no social responsibility.A man who is president of press council of India said that 90% of Indians are Idiots since they vote on the basis of money,caste,religion,region.I think that is actually 100% true.(though there are exceptions).So how can we change this?,What are my duties as a responsible citizen?how can we educate people?
    i guess i m in exception
    by the way our education ministry is just full of corruption give money get certificate with 90+%
    "Think like a man of action,act like a man of action"
    Henry Louis Bergson"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Professor jrmonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by charvaka View Post
    Now a days students are not studying what they love but what has market demand and what their parents make them study.students are under great stress because of the examination system and parents and society.students committing suicides if they fail in some god damn exam.
    How about this?

    Indian unis had previously succeeded at educating students for their own society/economy. The global economy grew and became a reality, and Indian unis thought they could compete with unis in other countries. A mass failure at the uni level occurring in India may indicate a mismatch between the mandatory levels of education (Grades 1–12) and the unis. The unis may be able to compete at the world or regional level, but there may be this mismatch as noted above.

    Another important factor is society. In America, the individual is considered the social unit, meaning that each person is considered his/her own entity. Someone could have a relative in prison and it would not embarrass the family much. In other countries, the family is considered the social unit, meaning that it is considered an entity and that individuals are merely members of that entity. If a family has a relative in prison, it is a shame upon the whole family. This seems more common or stronger in "eastern" countries than in "western" countries. Students who fail in their studies feel they have greatly shamed their families, and they might commit suicide. I think this is what we see happening with Asian and now Indian students.

    I can offer an apparent explanation (whether true or not) for this difference between east and west.
    Lynx_Fox likes this.
    Grief is the price we pay for love. (CM Parkes) Our postillion has been struck by lightning. (Unknown) War is always the choice of the chosen who will not have to fight. (Bono) The years tell much what the days never knew. (RW Emerson) Reality is not always probable, or likely. (JL Borges)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Public education everywhere is stupid.

    Hmmm....yeah, learning how to find out the fractorial of seven is needed knowledge in modern soceity...hmm..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    If you really think that and aren't just trolling (again) it may explain why none of your posts make sense and your opinions are utterly clueless.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    No, I do believe that. I don't get why opinions irk you, but so be it..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    You don't irk me at all, I just think you're a total dick.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    I don't believe that, though you say some people don't deserve rights, so yeah, I believe likewise..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    Thank you for proving my point. NOWHERE have I EVER said some people don't deserve rights. Stop trolling.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    yes, you have said gays are scum.

    no matter, you have your views, I don't care what strangers think.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    Liar, post a link to where I said that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    lulz.. i don't care. you're funny due to falsely applied standards.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    and you are a proven liar and a troll.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    and i must care, when we're all friends and highly benevolent to each other? lol..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    falsely applied standards.
    Standards of Antioch will falsely overpower the lilies that are thusly applied.
    John Galt and RedPanda like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    falsely applied standards.
    Standards of Antioch will falsely overpower the lilies that are thusly applied.
    But the Treaty of Kalamesh says that the horses are not empowered by trigonometric saffron.
    John Galt and PumaMan like this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    falsely applied standards.
    Standards of Antioch will falsely overpower the lilies that are thusly applied.
    But the Treaty of Kalamesh says that the horses are not empowered by trigonometric saffron.
    My horses had better NOT develop a penchant for saffron. Have you seen the price of that commodity?

    The Gathering of Saffron $29.99 US or $33.25 CAN.
    PumaMan likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,318
    So confusing......
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    My horses had better NOT develop a penchant for saffron. Have you seen the price of that commodity?
    Well, if you had actually read the Treaty of Kalamesh, you would know that Canada is exempt.
    Sheesh! No-one does research any more!
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12
    Because India is hopeless
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
    Because India is hopeless
    Oh that's nice. Denigrate an entire nation. Weren't you just suspended?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
    Because India is hopeless
    Oh that's nice. Denigrate an entire nation.
    Yes, why not? Of cource there are wealthy people there but I don't want to mention all the exceptions.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    Getting banned for being a stupid troll is sad enough but the fact that you have created another account to have another go is truly pathetic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Getting banned for being a stupid troll is sad enough but the fact that you have created another account to have another go is truly pathetic.
    I don't understand troll mentality. Why? Are their lives that pathetic?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,496
    It would appear so.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Getting banned for being a stupid troll is sad enough but the fact that you have created another account to have another go is truly pathetic.
    I don't understand troll mentality. Why? Are their lives that pathetic?
    Relax, man. Why are you two so angry and mad all the time.Look at PhDemons title. "bullshit intolerant".

    Being smart isn't an excuse to act superior or something
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
    Because India is hopeless
    Oh that's nice. Denigrate an entire nation.
    Yes, why not? Of cource there are wealthy people there but I don't want to mention all the exceptions.
    i guess u have got no rights to say that about by nation
    "Think like a man of action,act like a man of action"
    Henry Louis Bergson"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajnish Kaushik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
    Because India is hopeless
    Oh that's nice. Denigrate an entire nation.
    Yes, why not? Of cource there are wealthy people there but I don't want to mention all the exceptions.
    i guess u have got no rights to say that about by nation
    @Rajnish Kaushik, just ignore what that guy posted. He was a troll, he was reported, and he is now banned. He intentionally made offensive posts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pakistan,Islamabad
    Posts
    20
    i have to say Education and science is not name of remembering things alpha beta gamma etc. The main problem is people think education is money and bank balance but i think there is a thing out there more than just this that is holy curiosty and following passion of his heart.Thats why once Einstein said "Its a miracle that holy curiosty survived from the formal education".And i am so emotional because my first year exam are waiting form me.Ok bye got to work alpha = beta +gamma blah blah.
    John Galt likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajnish Kaushik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
    Because India is hopeless
    Oh that's nice. Denigrate an entire nation.
    Yes, why not? Of cource there are wealthy people there but I don't want to mention all the exceptions.
    i guess u have got no rights to say that about by nation
    @Rajnish Kaushik, just ignore what that guy posted. He was a troll, he was reported, and he is now banned. He intentionally made offensive posts.
    thnx for that sir
    "Think like a man of action,act like a man of action"
    Henry Louis Bergson"
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. India or not India
    By chero in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: April 18th, 2014, 05:49 PM
  2. Question about India
    By Impactor in forum History
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 8th, 2014, 09:10 AM
  3. Is the continuum hypothesis a hopeless situation?
    By anticorncob28 in forum Mathematics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2013, 12:59 AM
  4. Education system of intelligent students
    By motahhari in forum Education
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: April 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
  5. HI, I am Rohit, 17, India
    By satrohraj in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 14th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •