Notices
Results 1 to 30 of 30
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By angela333

Thread: The Education Deception

  1. #1 The Education Deception 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5
    THE EDUCATION DECEPTION

    What’s wrong with the system?

    It doesn’t take a genius to understand that the world system doesn’t work.
    Many countries have a westernized educational system that has now been established for many years, where governments spend untold millions of dollars to educate each new generation.

    Through the education system, people are made to form opinions based on what the system teaches them, and are taught not what to think, but how to think.

    The goal being this: to conform the person through the system, to become an educated ‘drone’.

    Throughout different nations, this is achieved through powerful and corrupt conspirators who are gradually increasing their purposes in the world and infiltration of society through influential sectors to form a One World Government. The key influential sector through which people are distracted and deluded is the education system which is presented to them as a “good and the right thing” through the use of fine sounding and logical arguments.

    The main purpose of education should be to make a person a competent thinker whereby they can attain independence through that competence and also so that they can make a difference in the world for improvement. However the mainstream education system is rigged in order to turn human beings that can think for themselves and be independent into graduated robotic slaves for the purpose of distracting them from the truth and to be mentally conformed so that powerful and corrupt conspirators (Governments) can achieve their goals through them on the planet (which goals are control of the masses). Basically the whole system is designed in a way to get people to serve them. When people prioritize their submission to any ruler over personal freedom and independence (not ‘democratic’ independence) then they are weakened in the ability to become truly independent – that is, to have the freedom to be an individual, free from the requirements of the system)
    The non-democratic ‘enforced’ education system produces a people are always learning, but never seem to come to a true knowledge of truth.

    How this is all achieved:

    How the Education System takes control of the masses:

    Through each successive generation, people have become ‘dumb and dumber’, as the students grow in an ever-increasing and ever-changing environment, that prioritizes the economy and education or getting a career.

    The is achieved in the world through the following formula:
    "A combination of deception + restriction + distraction (through time wasting methods) in order to create a foolish, weakened, dependent and deluded people for the sole purpose of control"

    This formula is achieved through the education system in the following ways:

    DECEPTION:

    Deception is achieved through the following means:

    No synthesis between and within subjects:

    Synthesis is the ability to understand how parts of a given thing connect with each other into the whole system so that you can then effectively produce or create the very thing for which any given thing exists. For example synthesis in music is understanding how notes, rhythm and instruments connect or communicate with each other so that one can then on their own initiative write their own music or play an instrument.

    • School subjects are taught in such a way where only the most basic concepts of a subject are taught without any synthesis to the parts that make up that subject. The result is basic knowledge of a subject whereby it is useless. Here are a few examples of what I mean:

    • Geometry and technics are taught separately at basic level and without any synthesis between the two subjects so that you don’t understand how to build a house for instance. The result is further education to get a job so that you can get a mortgage, where you can work 30 years of your life to pay off a house that would only cost $10,000 to build, if you had learned bricklaying for about a week instead of years of technical study etc.

    • Music is taught in such a way where only basic concepts are taught, such as learning a few notes, singing a few songs, clapping to rhythms etc… but you are not taught how to play an instrument properly or how to write your own music which could prove useful later in life. Likewise this is why you have students who have been learning French at school for 4 years and can’t even speak the language making it useless. Without synthesis, any knowledge learnt becomes pointless or without any real usefulness and is ineffective.

    * Education over wisdom:
    Emphasis and recognition is given to being educated rather than to being wise. The two are not the same. Education is knowledge and sometimes useless knowledge. Wisdom is the right application of true knowledge to bring about a righteous result. This is why there are so many educated fools who may have a college education with well-paying jobs but have no understanding about individuality or what life is all about or who get themselves into a lifetime of debt.

    Naturalism:
    • Much of education is guided by naturalism. This means that students are conformed to a mindset where anything outside of this limited understanding doesn’t exist, and that what the system teaches people is all there is, and surely people who are ‘experts’ are always correct.

    • Since the prevailing assumption of the education system is naturalism, people are influenced to believe that the world system (get a career, mortgage, keep the ‘feel-good’ factor high, etc) is all there is. People are dissuaded from asking questions such as:

    “Who am I”
    “What is the meaning of life”
    “Why am I here”

    The main lie is conforming people to believe that the whole reason for being alive therefore is to make money through a good education, and obtain material goods so that you live a comfortable lifestyle – after all you deserve it as you have worked so hard so that you can get something that isn’t guaranteed. This is achieved by playing on the natural selfishness already inherent in mankind.

    Questions like ‘why should I get a mortgage for 30 years to pay for a $300,000 house which costs only $10,000 to build are often looked upon with disdain by ‘experts’, and much conjecture is given in response to these questions. However, people in eastern Europe have shown the system doesn’t make sense, as they build their luxury houses for 15,000 Euros, and don’t even have to work more than a few hours a month, because their parents also built them houses in their spare time (information correct as of 2011). Parents actually build (good quality) houses for their kids in their spare time, which do not take long to build, so their kids don’t need to waste 30 years of their life paying for a mortgage etc.

    Deception in books:
    • Most school subjects taught aren’t real knowledge but ultimately irrelevant information.

    • Imposed text books are often written by people who are themselves blinded by the system.

    • Much information taught through textbooks isn’t accurate information but contains purposely engineered inaccuracies and suppressed truth for the sake of financial gain and political correctness etc.

    Unnecessary prolongation of studies:
    • Much learning is prolonged through the unnecessary repetition of already learned facts. For example, grammar can be taught in 6 months (non-intensively, about a few weeks if taught intensively), however the curriculum is designed in such a way whereby a series of grammar books will be imposed as part of a curriculum spread over a 4 year course. In this way students are kept at school longer (more tuition fees) and text book writers make more profit selling their 4 part series books that has to be completed over 4 years (much of which is repeated information) rather than containing all the information in one book. This is time wasting especially for a person that doesn’t even have plans to pursue a career related to a certain subject.

    RESTRICTION:

    Restriction is achieved through the following means:

    Mind control through pre-set rules
    • Since the goal is to produce graduated robots devoid of human independence and rationality, people are therefore programmed like computers to think in a certain way through preset rules. The program is to get people to accept certain beliefs as true without even considering if they could be false. This is achieved through reward and punishment. It goes something like this:

    • The only answer allowed to the following question is “blue”. So “What color is the (green) chalkboard? Blue, because every other possible or truthful answer has been ruled of limits from the start. If the rules have been preset then many correct or true answers have been pre-eliminated and if you don’t answer blue, then you are made to appear as a non-conformist or weird by the standards of the system. This is contradictory to true learning which seeks to explore truth through many different means.

    • Mind control means less freedom in interpretation and openness to other options. The NWO understand that a person can only interpret or operate in the boundaries of the permitted freedom given to them, so these boundaries are created by the educational system to restrict peoples motivation for seeking something beyond what is taught by the educational system.

    As a result, people have become more and more literalistic in their understanding of things; expect literalistic interpretations from others becoming devoid of any rationality in the process.

    Mind Control – how this is achieved:

    They (the Global Elite) are trying to create a people without:
    • Rationality
    • Common Sense
    • Reasonability
    • Sensibility
    • Independent analytical thinking
    • Natural emotion

    They are trying to create a people who:
    • Cant think for themselves outside the confines of the system
    • Who are politically correct
    • Socialistic
    • Conformists
    • Defiant of anything that opposes the politically correct system.

    OPPRESSION:

    Students are restricted and robbed of time they could use to seek quality knowledge, truth and their own interests through the following means:
    • Students are often oppressed by being made to participate in a curriculum they often may not want to or have no say in. If they don’t it affects their grades. Much of what they are made to participate in is usually meaningless. In this way people are denied the opportunity to learn what they really want and is useful to them.

    • Enforcement of irrelevant and involuntary subjects. Students are made to take up difficult subjects such as advanced maths and chemistry in order to get the grades needed to pursue a career that doesn’t even require knowledge of such subjects, such as law. Those that don’t enjoy a particular subject are made to learn it. This high-pressure system deceives one into thinking that they have to get a high mark to compete to make excessive money in corrupt professions.

    • Restriction through unnecessary workloads. As one progresses through high school, increasingly useless assignments are given which don’t really teach anything useful.

    • Most students (except the genuine lazy ones) are not at fault when they lack useful thinking skills. They are not being held back by their own laziness, but by direct oppression from a system with the power to punish them or put a bad mark on their transcripts if they don’t give up their individual pursuits of knowledge in favor of hollow superficial and useless schoolwork.

    Wrong criteria separation:
    • Students are not separated according to abilities and interests but by age. This means that well behaved or intelligent students are put in the same class with disruptive or disinterested ones, often of less academic ability. Equality and political correctness then has to be maintained by dragging up the slow learners and students that are not even interested at the expense of the smart ones. Separating students on the wrong criteria leads to incongruities and a breakdown of the system and its components. Less capable students then waste other’s time.

    • As a result, those that really want to progress and learn are put under further oppression and stress whereby they have to study extra hours to compensate for time wasted in school.

    Human rights and political correctness
    • Due to political correctness and human rights, teachers are now very limited in their methods of discipline and in what they can teach. They are forced to teach some things, and not allowed to teach others.

    • Both teachers and students have to suffer when the idiotic and delinquent minority ruins it for the rest.

    • In an effort to be multicultural, politically correct and eclectic, the class curriculum has become furthermore shallow and disorganized in their effort to teach students a global viewpoint. Topics are taught a little at a time, and never do teachers spend time to help students integrate the pieces into a coherent picture that can be used or built upon.

    • The world’s ways of political correctness, friendliness, and human rights is a hindrance and preventing anything that is right and true from being released and accomplished in the world. In this way people miss out on what is important, right and true because they have been subject to a system that has conformed them in such a way whereby they are afraid of upsetting anyone or going contrary to the flow believing this is a righteous thing. Political correctness isn’t the language of God but the language of a world seeking to protect their selfishness, through a corrupted form of godliness.

    DISTRACTION (through time wasting methods):

    Students strength, energy, vitality and precious time is eroded by the wasteful components of the school curriculum.
    • Much in school concerns extra curriculum activities such as camps, drama, football, basketball, games, student council meetings to name a few which could be time spent on real world activities instead of being wasted in these trivialities.

    • Quality of information has been sacrificed for quantity of information. Much of what is taught or imposed on students through assignments is random, useless, meaningless and therefore time wasting. As a result, academic inflation and the devaluation of information has turned intellectual ambition into apathy.

    • Non-strategic teaching methods means more time wasting, more repeating the same facts.

    • This overload only prevents students from finding the valuable time to learn anything they have learnt well enough so that they can then apply it!

    • Separating students on the wrong criteria and enforcing them to do subjects they do not want to do, restricts those that do want to learn because less capable and disinterested students causes them to misbehave and waste the others time.

    The Result
    • Due to all these factors, social, financial, academic and intellectual dysfunction results for students, parents and teachers causing them to be dependent upon the system and isolated from the real world.
    STUDENTS:
    • Since no synthesis is taught between and within subjects and since much of what is taught is useless for everyday living or survival, people leave school after spending 12 years there with no real skills to get them through life and be independent and are therefore made subject again to either go to college or University for a few more years to study something usually irrelevant to what they were taught at school (there are the exceptions of course where one must study specialized subjects at university which can’t be taught at school, but even much of these do not require much of the knowledge taught at school). Their memory of school becomes a vague memory of random, meaningless, and useless facts. It is like having a disassembled machine in front of you where the parts are just useless random metal parts and not knowing how to assemble the parts to make the machine work.

    • Dysfunction results due to the physical and mental stress that students suffer because of unnecessary overloading, time wasting, enforced conformation, and the substituting of real knowledge for useless knowledge.(students seem to understand this more than many adults). In order to “escape” students resort to watching T.V, taking drugs, delinquent behavior, and over-socialization which are things that only cause a student to further detract from learning what is truly needed in life, producing the perpetual time wasting conform escape conform escape vicious circle. This is actually the goal of the New World Order - their plan is to create a chaordic (order out of chaos) system, where people are either drones, or delinquent, this is for one reason only – control !

    • This cycle then induces the survival mode of life where in order to survive students are forced to take shortcuts and get by with the least amount of effort possible. Even this small amount of effort is too much and applied toward futile ends. The motive for studying is now just to sit for exams and pass them and not for genuinely seeking knowledge and retaining that knowledge thereafter. Knowledge which could be a useful and powerful thing is made into their source of distress and becomes the least of their priorities as they now have to do whatever is possible to regain the self-esteem, recognition, and peace of mind that is taken from them by the system (which also must be done within the confines of the system.) When you see a student, what you’re really seeing is someone low on ambition and initiative, but starving for recognition and self-esteem. These are symptoms of a system that is anti-life, anti-freedom (true freedom, not democratic ‘freedom’) and anti-individualism.

    • Since thinking for oneself and seeking one’s own truth and sense of morality is taken from them, their individualism is expressed through superficial means such as through eccentric clothes and hair, and the seeking of attention through varied and even inappropriate means. These superficial methods are all things that are still legal within the system. Once their individuality is broken, the student body splits then splits into two groups: those who conform and those who fail (according to the systems pre-conformed and preset definition of failure).

    • The ones that conform learn the rules of the game, no matter how illogical they are and play it through to the satisfaction of faculty. They learn to trust authority over their own potentials and initiatives as these have been suppressed, so they become robots very good at their tasks and are given a pat on the back for how well they fit the mold imposed on them. Many go to college/university, and absorb what’s fed to them well, and become academics with comfortable incomes and lifestyles. But, however wonderful that sounds, they are farm cows living the illusion that they are flying cows through their feel good factor and nothing more, because their energy, time and even money is robbed to give the farmer his spilt milk. Since they have been molded in a system of quantity over quality as a means of survival, they then carry this mindset with them through life and in their own careers; because they have been taught that there is no profit for the supplier in quality. These are the ones who have been conformed to believe through the “right track” fine sounding argument that life is all about working 9-5 and that it is perfectly logical to work 30 years of your life to pay off a house that only costs $10,000 to build. (bricks and cement) .These are the ones that become so detached from reality, common sense, and from what truly matters, that it usually takes a tragedy to wake them up (if they wake up) to what the meaning of life is and what is truly important.

    • The ones who do not conform fall behind unless they are clever enough to find another source of education that suits them more or they get a breakthrough doing something else. Their grades are mediocre as they are disillusioned with the system and no longer care about pleasing it. Chances of graduation and pursuing higher education are slim, and most of these either drop out or graduate and immediately acquire low paying jobs. The price of refusal to conform is rejection into slow wage earning jobs. Regardless, some of these are intelligent and wise perceiving the illogicality of the system which is what has caused their disillusionment in the first place.

    • Therefore the system is designed to produce either worker drones who serve the state and its partnering greedy corporations, or welfare recipients who are an excuse for the state to maintain its colossal parasitic size and an idiotic consumer base to buy every modern ‘convenience’ and every poison these corporations throw at the masses.
    PARENTS:
    • Due to neglect of synthesis in learning, parents can often end up paying extra money for private tuition in areas their child wishes to attain fullness of knowledge in (of which many are forced to give up anyway due to the necessary enforcement of useless work overloads of school). Others get the pseudo feel good factor by spending thousands of dollars to educate their kid privately.

    • The parents themselves are also the product of a system that has caused their memory of school to be a vague memory of random, meaningless, and useless facts meaning they themselves are not in the position to help their children with their homework and end up paying others to teach their kids things that they themselves should have already been taught! This means more homework for the kids and more money out of the parents’ pocket. Parents believe they can’t help their children because they have forgotten what they learnt at school, when in reality it is because they themselves weren’t taught effectively so as to retain the knowledge.

    • Parents believe that they don’t have to worry about teaching morality or ethics to their children because “it’s being done for them” in school. They also don’t get to spend genuine time with their kids because they are too busy with school work or being entertained in school functions, and the parents themselves are the product of a system designed not to give their children valuable time.

    In certain countries where the education system is so poor, students are made to attend extra evening classes in order to learn what should have been taught in school. This is more time wasting, extra work and stress on students and more money out of parent’s pockets. Parents then pay further fees to educate their kids at a tertiary level so that their kid can then get a job to buy a house for themselves. Tuition fees, books, accommodation, food, pocket money, travel expenses, over a period of about 4 years, when these expenses are added up at the end of 4 years is enough money to have bought your child an apartment.

    TEACHERS:
    • Despite the problems, teachers are also restricted in their ability to respond to any problems they perceive in class and in what they can teach since they are taking orders from their superiors. Due to political correctness and school boards who are afraid of disapproval by a vocal minority with political influence, teachers are confined to a restricted curriculum and disciplinary measures which they are forced to follow.

    • Such guidelines are set by a panel of puppets with no clue as to what the truth is, let alone initiative to spread truth should they know it (they themselves having been molded not to take initiative but conform). These puppets design the school curriculum, and despite once being students and teachers themselves, they have no understanding.

    • These factors also mean that any funds they receive they waste on equipment that isn’t necessary just to keep up with the politically correct trend for schools to be technologically current, when instead that money could be used for more useful things.

    • This restriction and stress on teaches then also causes them to go into survival mode like their own students whereby they just come to work to get paid, throwing much useless information to students randomly without any purposeful or strategic preparation.

    The result is a system designed to cause friction so that the components feed off one another. This friction causes contempt among its components, as each is suffering and blaming one another instead of blaming the system itself. Teachers have contempt for the students, becoming frustrated with them, seeing them as the cause of their own stress. Instead of teaching students how to learn to think for themselves, they spend more time teaching them how to behave and obey by making up illogical rules which only irritate students more.

    • Unless already broken by it, students then see authority as something to be defied. This tension between student and teacher shatters trust between them, and any teaching and learning between them enters the domain of negative reinforcement. Instead of loving and respecting each other, they have contempt for each other, and both just do what they are supposed to, to avoid consequences if they do otherwise.

    • Teachers are kept busy and distracted because the more they work, the more they get paid. The more useless school programs there are with federal or state funding, the more money they get. The more schools have the programs, the more funding they receive from federal benefactors.

    The lie -“The right track”

    The ‘right track’ mindset is what students are being conformed to by the system, concerning their destiny. This is achieved by applying a form of godliness and morality through fine sounding arguments. You are conformed to measure your success by what the system considers is successful so that you then fear deviating from the “right track” because then you are seen as a failure. We hear stories of people who get wealthy after dropping out of college and pursuing their dreams or who defied convention and revolutionized the world. But what is implied is that these people are the exception and not the rule and that you belong to the rule (who makes the rules ?) and not the exception.
    As a result many students are under this illusion, the illusion being that they either follow this track and try to be the best cow in the herd to maintain financial and social security which they believe is given to them by a “trustworthy” source, or else defy the system and fail miserably.

    The ‘right track’ is: get good grades because when you get good grades you can then get an education which will then secure you being favored by employers. When you get a good job you will earn good money to buy whatever you want and then you can get a mortgage and have a good marriage and family, with all the modern conveniences that the world system can give you.
    This is what is really meant by this fine sounding argument:
    Don’t worry about making an impact on the world, just put all your time and energy into getting good grades so that you will be so distracted and weakened from seeking the true meaning of life and from truth that will teach you that what takes years of learning at school can be taught in a very short time.
    Just get good grades because that is all you will be in the eyes of those you will serve. Feel special through the feel good factor of a college education, smart outfits and a “secure” 9-5 job because much will be taken from you as you will be working to maintain the system as you are seen fit, because those who make the rules need you to be good farm cows producing as much milk as you can, until it is time for the slaughter.

    We won’t tell you that despite your hard work, your job isn’t guaranteed and we don’t like reminding people that they may not even be alive tomorrow. Just keep busy and distracted for another 45 years of your life (if you live that long) so that again you focus all your energy and time on futile ends and don’t worry about your own eternal salvation or the salvation of others who are going to hell, because as long as you stay distracted, specialized and compartmentalized, we’ll clothe you, feed you, give you a good family, and bury you in a good plot of land.

    © Secular Version - please copy and share this information freely!


    Someone likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    they control our minds with the grammar as well......


    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: The Education Deception 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by angela333
    What’s wrong with the system?
    It allows people to write 4,719 word articles that are utterly devoid of critical thinking.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Schools are certainly ideological state apparatuses, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. In many countries the education system played a huge role in combating racism and promoting cultural tolerance.

    It's also undeniable that some of the public school system developed out of a 19th century model that was literally designed for preparing people to be good workers. However, this isn't largely the case since education reforms in the 60s.

    The fact of the matter is that if you're going to teach something useful, something subjective has to enter the curriculum. Do we really want an education system that is the recitation of facts? Can we not have a system that promotes certain broadly held popular values. Part of the system (national anthems in the morning) are definitely an attempt at promoting some nationalistic interest. The system does indeed also attempt to teach compliance to appropriate authority, which isn't a bad thing either since it is a necessity for getting a job and being a functional adult. Do we want children graduating unable to function in the work place?

    Considering this to be thought control is a little silly, clearly plenty of people grow up and reject many things they are taught in school. Something has to account for the number of creationist out there. Schools are not the only place children are educated. They become educated in the sphere of public discourse, at home, and at church. How they sort out the opinions given to them is their business, in the mean time a responsible society will use the schools to try to provide an education that prepares its population for the modern world.
    "I almost went to bed
    without remembering
    the four white violets
    I put in the button-hole
    of your green sweater

    and how i kissed you then
    and you kissed me
    shy as though I'd
    never been your lover "
    - Leonard Cohen
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman TanvirBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks all of you for your valuable information. :?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by TanvirBD
    Thanks all of you for your valuable information. :?
    Thank you for all your valuable contributions.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    This is really good information!

    Thank you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: The Education Deception 
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by angela333
    What’s wrong with the system?
    It allows people to write 4,719 word articles that are utterly devoid of critical thinking.
    She seems very critical to the Prince. "Why am I here?"

    To argue with strangers on the Internet, what else?

    At least she acknowledges the existence of conspiracies, which is heretical to mainstream thought but a very real and ubiquitous phenomenon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10
    People outside the system can clearly see that the 40 hour week and the fact that you must work 40-50 years until you are decrepit is really quite a bad system, and i'm willing to buy the idea that even low paid employees should be able to work any 25 years between 20-65 and have enough money.

    The money exists, and in a capitalist society most labour goes into producing more goods than anybody could ever use, or attempting to sell those goods. So its not in any real sense 'necessary' for people to work that long.

    Thats what the OP makes me think of.

    Which is why i'm so keen to get work that:

    A: Pays a good living wage that I might earn enough to take 'breaks' from
    B: Is enjoyable and satisfying

    Theres no way you can listen to members of the general public moan in your ear for 50 years without becoming a vegetable.. Is there?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott John Walker
    People outside the system can clearly see that the 40 hour week and the fact that you must work 40-50 years until you are decrepit is really quite a bad system, and i'm willing to buy the idea that even low paid employees should be able to work any 25 years between 20-65 and have enough money.
    No one is making anyone work at all. But those capable of working that choose not to shouldn't expect society to pay for them-regardless of their age. And system which require payment from the working to those that can work but choose not to is just as bad as one that mandates everyone work.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman Someone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In the earth
    Posts
    12
    I believe what you say is truth
    I'm sure of that

    Thank you very much
    I have a mind
    I have to use it
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    You forgot the most important fact. That the world is being run by reptilians!!!

    Just so you know, conspiracy theorists often think along the same lines as con artists, mentalists, and fortune tellers. Or they start out in your stage in which they are conning themselves. There is nothing wrong with this. After all, it works.

    What if I told you there is the number 666 in every bar code. Then I showed you what the number six looks like in bar code and pointed out that at the beginning middle and end there is the number six. People see this shown to them. They think wow, there really is a conspiracy. What they don't see, is that they have just been fooled.

    It's easy with a little practice. To follow regular trends and personal insights. For example, we're always saying in our heads, "idiot" to that bad driver or slow walker. Or that person who comes to the science forum spouting nonsense. When someone tells you that it's because there's a conspiracy to make people dumber it becomes easy to believe. A good example was done by Darren Brown. He wrote these long papers describing each of the personalities and tendencies of about six people. They were all very spooked by his accuracy. He then had them exchange papers, and they discovered they were all the same. We all make connections with things, and when someone starts pointing them out we see what we want to and it's easy to believe.

    Don't waste your time on conspiracies, at least not too much of it. Unless you just like it for fun I guess. Otherwise your time is better spent getting smarter. Sure there's people out there that want lots of power, but they are deceiving themselves if they think they'll ever have it, or that it will ever fulfill anything about their lives. Also, you ave a heavy focus on America. i can assure that the American education system is far better for teaching critical thinking and other such practices than some other countries. Actually, America is known by many other countries as being independent and innovative.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nirgendwo und Ueberall
    Posts
    1,300
    they are farm cows living the illusion that they are flying cows through their feel good factor
    Wth?

    Due to neglect of synthesis in learning, parents can often end up paying extra money for private tuition in areas their child wishes to attain fullness of knowledge in
    This could be summarized as "college is expensive". However, if one takes the right electives one can learn a great deal in college. I've taken classes ranging from German, History, English, Communications, Drama, Religion Spanish, International Business
    , Psychology Anthropology, Biology and Chemistry.

    Much information taught through textbooks isn’t accurate information but contains purposely engineered inaccuracies and suppressed truth for the sake of financial gain and political correctness
    This is simply untrue. Most of my textbooks list hundreds of sources.

    Parents believe that they don’t have to worry about teaching morality or ethics to their children because “it’s being done for them” in school.
    Really? It seems to me that many people today are quite religious and push it onto their children.

    Quality of information has been sacrificed for quantity of information.
    This does sometimes happen. Yet what is "important" is subjective.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion on what is most important in school.

    I would probably advocate more life skills. Things like health studies, spirituality, creativity and concentration, while integrating a number of general subjects including language, math, science, philosophy and art. Then somehow encourage more apprenticeships and internship type work experience. People would be better off developing their own sense of discipline so that they are free to study and learn whatever they want all their life. This is everyone's responsibility though. No one is suppressing it. Rather, people try to take advantage of it. Gyms for example. All anyone needs for a high level of functional fitness is discipline. A playground can be helpful too. Or certain psychological disorders, at least in early stages. ADD is the best example because it is essentially the opposite of discipline and people make money off of it. A number of health problems and costs could easily be diminished through self discipline as well, such as healthier diet and exercise. We don't need education to tell us this. We all know when we feel lethargic and unproductive. The essential problem is that people have it in their heads that some are gifted and others aren't. Oh, he's just naturally compassionate, she's just naturally fit, he's just really good a math. NO! Anyone can develop skill, they simply need to put their mind to it. Living a healthy, disciplined life is a skill, like any other. You need to take notes, practice, check for errors, correct them, etc. Creativity and critical thinking are the same. There is no deception other than self deception, which is why it's so easy for these con artists to convince you. We always blame others before ourselves.

    One more thing. Education is what we make of it. Again, this is a far larger problem than poor education. If students were more enthusiastic and engaging then their teachers would be more so as well. Students who ask questions and engage in thought experiments. I once took a class which had just been made. It was the first time ever that the professor was teaching that class. A couple of us students who take a special interest in the psychology of learning were talking to the professor about the difficulty of the class and what he expects of us. He flat out told us we would be getting the highest grades simply because we were participating and thus we were the only information he had on how well students were doing. I've been a teacher. We can sometimes see when you don't understand something, and we can even try to get your questions out but we're not psychic.

    Books have more than enough information. The day you memorize your entire text book is the day you can say it's withholding information. In fact, that's usually my goal. I realize it's impossible but it's a great way to develop focus. Memorization takes a more active type of study than passive reading. Memorization and play. Play with the information. In language I like to try to make up sentences and things. In math I like to play with the numbers with out calculators (for example, try to convert 666 into binary in your head, or visualize equations on a graph). Things like philosophy and science are usually really easy for this. That might be just me though. It's fun playing with concepts and trying to visualize them. Things like orbitals, or osmosis, or the roles of actin and myocin, and their interaction with calcium.

    All students need is self discipline and a desire to engage with the material. Again, the only deception is self deception. It's no one else's fault. There may be bad teachers out there, and bad text books, but we can't know that until students take a more active role in their studies.
    Last edited by DaBOB; July 24th, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Education is a formal process through which society transmits intentionally accumulated knowledge, skills, values ​​and customs from generation to generation, for example, education in schools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    Only genetically superior students deserve education. We know they are genetically superior by examination of bank accounts.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.- Thucydides
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    Only genetically superior students deserve education. We know they are genetically superior by examination of bank accounts.
    That is a good line!
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18 Why 'Conspiracy'? 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nebraska, the Heartland!
    Posts
    129
    For the last couple of years I was a lawman, I taught post academy probationers the basic skills of what we did as an agency. Many of these probationers had college degrees, B. A.s, mostly.

    One of the topics I taught was global movements of various sorts of merchandise; essentially "What comes from Where?" Sort of a forensic social studies class. I was amazed at how many people could not find the African Continent on a wall mounted world map in less than one minute. Finding Afghanistan or Laos took even longer.

    I taught report writing. Here are college graduates who cannot differentiate 'there', 'their' and 'they're'. By the way, 'you're' and 'your' seem to be identical anymore. (My favorite was a web site poster who spoke of having a belt for his 'waste'. To be fair, I don't know the educational background of the poster, but as he was buying a handgun, he had to have been twenty-one years of age at the least.)

    So, is there a conspiracy? Hard to say. What is the difference between 'agreement' and 'conspiracy'?

    I don't think there are groups of people hiding in back rooms, wearing hoods and flashing secret signs to one another, but there seems to be a tacit agreement about education in the U. S. Teaching kids how to observe and think are not high on the list of educational goals. Nor are simple skills of grammar, diction, reading and writing. For instance, the People's Democratic Socialist Republic of California passed a law requiring all grades include instruction on the positive contributions to society of Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay and Transgendered individuals and groups. Someone defend that nonsense of singling out those groups for special attention; show any serious contribution to society that has been neglected due to a sexual orientation.
    The universe is a real place. However, you can't see it, you have to imagine it. Like it or not, God designed, built and sustains the Universe. Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    For instance, the People's Democratic Socialist Republic of California passed a law requiring all grades include instruction on the positive contributions to society of Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay and Transgendered individuals and groups. Someone defend that nonsense of singling out those groups for special attention; show any serious contribution to society that has been neglected due to a sexual orientation.
    Pretty simple. Because they are singled out by society, both as individuals, and in many cased by law; we should, according to our American ideals, be far more tolerant and less bigoted of others. The best cure for bigotry is education.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    I teach, but I only teach those who want to be taught. The are plenty of teachers and plenty of books. The problem is that people aren't interested in learning.

    Also, I think it's stupid to judge people on their trivia skills and even on language level. Not everyone is interested in knowing where Afghanistan or Africa are. Sure, these may seem like things that are obvious and that everyone should know but if you don't have an interest and you weren't raised in a way that you would learn it by accident (playing Risk) than what can you do.

    I know someone in her early twenties who is American and she sometimes pronounces words wrong or doesn't know common words, but she speaks three other Asian languages almost fluently, and strives to do better. I, myself, am in a similar group. I loved science for it's beauty. I aced all of my classes because I was able to think abstractly and visualize concepts in physics and chemistry. By the time I finished my first two years in college I could probably count the number of books I had read, cover to cover, on one hand. It would probably take me over a minute to find Arkansas on a map. Things are a lot different now, but the point is that different people are raised and think differently. Also a lot of people, at least Americans, do not think internationally. It's a mistake to judge their education level on their geographical knowledge.

    On the other hand, yes many people are uninterested in education and many people are undereducated. The bottom line is that the only conspiracy is in the public's head. If people want to learn something they can start asking around, or go to a library. It's not that hard. People just don't know how to think for themselves, and some people just don't want to think for themselves (religion and military come to mind).
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,532
    Quote Originally Posted by angela333 View Post
    Through the education system , people ... are taught not what to think, but how to think.
    Doesn't this bit contradict the rest of this drivel?

    They (the Global Elite) ...
    Oooh, Sounds like fun. Can I join? Do they pay well? Do they have a website?

    © Secular Version - please copy and share this information freely!
    No, it's OK. Really. When I want some ignorant, mindless, paranoid and bitter raving I'll write my own. But thanks for the offer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nebraska, the Heartland!
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    For instance, the People's Democratic Socialist Republic of California passed a law requiring all grades include instruction on the positive contributions to society of Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay and Transgendered individuals and groups. Someone defend that nonsense of singling out those groups for special attention; show any serious contribution to society that has been neglected due to a sexual orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Pretty simple. Because they are singled out by society, both as individuals, and in many cased by law; we should, according to our American ideals, be far more tolerant and less bigoted of others. The best cure for bigotry is education.
    Perfect, Lynx! You help establish my point.

    I asked for an example of a serious contribution to society by a member of such group and you instantly accuse everyone else of bigotry. Obviously, you know of no serious contribution. But you maintain the dogma of the Left. Simply keep repeating the accusation, right? Don't bother with reality, just repeat the accusation.

    If anyone is looking, this is a perfect example of the Big Lie method. Keep telling the lie and someone will believe it. Congratulations Lynx.
    The universe is a real place. However, you can't see it, you have to imagine it. Like it or not, God designed, built and sustains the Universe. Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    you instantly accuse everyone else of bigotry
    He did? I must have missed that. Or are you just reading what you want to see?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24 Thanks for the confession, DaBOB 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nebraska, the Heartland!
    Posts
    129
    DaBOB, thank you for underscoring my point as well.

    You teach only those who want to be taught. Which says you don't really care about the rest. You - as a teacher - follow the path of least resistance. What do you do to encourage the others? Or have you decided they are simply the 'unwashed masses' and will be placed in menial jobs to serve the higher classes or just kept in welfare slavery? You are why the educational system is in such disarray. I cannot say if you are part of a 'conspiracy' or simply following the observation of H. L. Mencken "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach"? (That quote is also attributed to an "...old Chinese proverb..." and George Bernard Shaw.)

    You mentioned a woman "...in her early twenties who is American and she sometimes pronounces words wrong or doesn't know common words, but she speaks three other Asian languages almost fluently, and strives to do better." The '... strives to do better' clause is what sets her apart. I have no criticism of that woman as described. But she certainly didn't get that attitude of striving to do better from your example as a teacher, did she? You don't 'strive to do better'; you teach only those who are willing to 'learn', perhaps accept your world view.

    One of my older son's teachers is a sterling example. My son's name is Geoffrey. She argued with him for twenty minutes telling him it HAD to be spelled with a "J". She's a TEACHER. Seemingly she survived all of college without once being exposed to Canterbury Tales.

    You dismiss 'trivia'. By which you mean grammar and a basic knowledge of the physical Earth. Basic knowledge of manners, common courtesy, a general idea of people other than those who live in one's neighborhood, the difference between Islam and Christianity, the difference between fecal matter and peanut butter, the origin of milk, meat and carrots, knowledge of the foundation of one's country and how to tie a tie or shoes are all trivia?

    You are a teacher. What did you ever learn to pass on to others?

    I leave you with the words of R. Buckminster Fuller and Robert A. Heinlein:

    Of course, our failures are a consequence of many factors, but possibly one of the most important is the fact that society operates on the theory that specialization is the key to success, not realizing that specialization precludes comprehensive thinking.
    R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 – 1983)

    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein (1907 – 1988)
    The universe is a real place. However, you can't see it, you have to imagine it. Like it or not, God designed, built and sustains the Universe. Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nebraska, the Heartland!
    Posts
    129
    Strange, keep still. The grown ups are having a discussion.
    The universe is a real place. However, you can't see it, you have to imagine it. Like it or not, God designed, built and sustains the Universe. Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Strange, keep still. The grown ups are having a discussion.
    Droll. I was just wondering if you could point out exactly where Lynx_fox "accuse[s] everyone else of bigotry" ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Hmm... a lot of assumptions going on here. Let's see if I can clarify things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    DaBOB, thank you for underscoring my point as well.

    You teach only those who want to be taught. Which says you don't really care about the rest. You - as a teacher - follow the path of least resistance. What do you do to encourage the others? Or have you decided they are simply the 'unwashed masses' and will be placed in menial jobs to serve the higher classes or just kept in welfare slavery? You are why the educational system is in such disarray. I cannot say if you are part of a 'conspiracy' or simply following the observation of H. L. Mencken "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach"? (That quote is also attributed to an "...old Chinese proverb..." and George Bernard Shaw.)
    My teaching style is far more complex than a single sentence.

    Yes I teach only those who want to be taught. When you are an adult, and capable of the patience needed to learn mundane tasks and understand abstract philosophy I believe that you are also of the age to decide whether or not you want to be taught. As a person I often follow the path of least resistance, it's how get from A to B without being hit by a car. I don't really care for your judgments as to whether this method is good or bad; it is, however, effective. However, sometimes I like getting hit by cars, just for the hell of it. Some people want to be taught but don't have the energy to learn. In this case I do add encouragement, but I don't teach discipline and I don't punish tardiness. If you don't come to class you don't get to learn. If not enough students are coming to class I stop teaching. Simple as that. Yet, I do implement strategies to encourage people to come to class and to stay more focused and awake in class.

    I have not "decided" "they" are anything.

    As I think I said before, I prefer not to force feed information or opinions. I encourage questions and practice so that the student can find the answers themselves.

    Force fed education is for dictators, propaganda and otherwise power related purposes (knowledge is power right?). No one knows the purpose of this life we live and thus no one has the authority to say we all SHOULD be educated.

    I like the quote you gave: "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." I don't take it literally, but I think it's meaning is very important to understand. I am fortunate in being able to both practice and teach; though I would prefer to practice more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    You mentioned a woman "...in her early twenties who is American and she sometimes pronounces words wrong or doesn't know common words, but she speaks three other Asian languages almost fluently, and strives to do better." The '... strives to do better' clause is what sets her apart. I have no criticism of that woman as described. But she certainly didn't get that attitude of striving to do better from your example as a teacher, did she? You don't 'strive to do better'; you teach only those who are willing to 'learn', perhaps accept your world view.
    They will all accept my world view, and myself and the other elites will rule the world!!

    Rather, I leave that up to religious orders and false prophets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    You dismiss 'trivia'. By which you mean grammar and a basic knowledge of the physical Earth. Basic knowledge of manners, common courtesy, a general idea of people other than those who live in one's neighborhood, the difference between Islam and Christianity, the difference between fecal matter and peanut butter, the origin of milk, meat and carrots, knowledge of the foundation of one's country and how to tie a tie or shoes are all trivia?
    Yes, I dismiss trivia! And my shoes don't have laces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    You are a teacher. What did you ever learn to pass on to others?
    What I teach is my business. However, if it helps you to better understand, my teaching is by request. Like I said, I'd prefer to practice, but because of my current circumstances the demand for teaching is higher than the opportunity for practice. Se la vie.

    I agree that comprehensive thinking is better than specialization, however, specialization can sometimes teach one a greater degree of comprehensive thinking. I'm not sure what the author is referring to as "failures" and "success." These are both highly relative terms. One who does not strive for success has no failures.

    I think the human being SHOULD be able to do whatever it wants. When was specialization brought to the table anyways?

    Hope you can excuse me. I need to go don my black robe and chant around the fire with the rest of my elite syndicate members. Tonight, we decide the fate of the world!
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Strange, keep still. The grown ups are having a discussion.
    Archie, grow up. Bullying is for high schoolers with low self esteem.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    597
    We saw the movie "J Edgar" not long ago and the movie tried to imply that Hoover was gay.

    I don't mean that as an insult because we have friends in the gay community.

    If it is true, then building the FBI seems like a pretty important contribution.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,564
    What does that have to do with this thread? And hte questions regarding JEH's sexuality have been around since he was in the FBI
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •