Notices
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Question abou unusual extinctions and survivals

  1. #1 Question abou unusual extinctions and survivals 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    11
    Some of the extinctions do not make sense.
    Try these.

    Raptor shape.

    The comet theory killed T rex and his fellow raptors. BUT the shape re rvolved in the first great age of mammals at the Terra Bird. These flightless predatory birds were bigger than a moa and hundted as T Rex had.

    But in the next great mammal age virtually all of the top predators went from hunting on two legs to hunting on four. All of them.

    In the age of the dinos the only top predators who hunted on four legs were the crocs. What happend that all the two legged predators died out.?????????????


    Speaking of crocs

    Why did Ambulesitus go extinct. This creature was the link between wolf an whale. It was a mammal but it was the size and shape of a croc and hunted the same way, Ambush predator.

    In tropical climates the crocs may well have out competed them. But not in the temperate or polar areas. Why didn't soem of them survive while some others went on to evolve the modern whale shape.????????


    Good thinking folks.


    Don't be afraid of asking stupid questions. They are so much easier to handle than stupid mistakes
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Question abou unusual extinctions and survivals 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticuss
    In the age of the dinos the only top predators who hunted on four legs were the crocs. What happend that all the two legged predators died out.?????????????
    Natural selection................naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticuss
    Why did Ambulesitus go extinct. ...In tropical climates the crocs may well have out competed them. But not in the temperate or polar areas. Why didn't soem of them survive while some others went on to evolve the modern whale shape.????????
    See above answer.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Question abou unusual extinctions and survivals 
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticuss
    In the age of the dinos the only top predators who hunted on four legs were the crocs. What happend that all the two legged predators died out.?????????????
    Natural selection................naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticuss
    Why did Ambulesitus go extinct. ...In tropical climates the crocs may well have out competed them. But not in the temperate or polar areas. Why didn't soem of them survive while some others went on to evolve the modern whale shape.????????
    See above answer.
    natural selection, yes....but predicated on various other conditions. the writer of this thread is questioning much of what i question, but since thats against the rules, I'll leave my opinions out..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: Question abou unusual extinctions and survivals 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    [quote="jackson33"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    the writer of this thread is questioning much of what i question, but since thats against the rules, I'll leave my opinions out..
    I doubt the dinosaurs died exclusively as the result of the Mexican bolide strike.

    I doubt we properly understand exactly how speciation is initiated.

    I do not, however, agree with expressing these doubts without providing some very solid justication for them. I have made an exception in this case in order to make a point. If the point is not clear, say so and I shall write more expansively.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •