Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Has Global Warming Gone?

  1. #1 Has Global Warming Gone? 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    172
    Everything is quiet. No one mentions Global Warming. No one mentions the "cooked books" or the crooked scientists who conjured up the flawed data on which Anthropic Global Warming is based. It seems like some of you here would want to apologise for your wide-eyed embrace of such dirty science. Anyone?


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    We've simply grown tired of idiots. The science is fine. Our culture and society, and the morons who have no problems lying to our populace? Not so much...


    "cooked books"
    "crooked scientists"
    "conjured up the flawed data"
    "wide-eyed embrace"
    "dirty science"


    Thanks for being so objective and mature with your contribution. Since you're so focused on problems, perhaps a view of a mirror would provide you with an understanding of where they come from.


    Now... speaking of where "global warming has gone," 2009 tied for the warmest year on record.


    http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20100121/
    2009 was tied for the second warmest year in the modern record, a new NASA analysis of global surface temperature shows. The analysis, conducted by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, also shows that in the Southern Hemisphere, 2009 was the warmest year since modern records began in 1880.

    Although 2008 was the coolest year of the decade, due to strong cooling of the tropical Pacific Ocean, 2009 saw a return to near-record global temperatures. The past year was only a fraction of a degree cooler than 2005, the warmest year on record, and tied with a cluster of other years 1998, 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2007 1998 and 2007 as the second warmest year since recordkeeping began.

    <...>

    January 2000 to December 2009 was the warmest decade on record. Throughout the last three decades, the GISS surface temperature record shows an upward trend of about 0.2C (0.36F) per decade. Since 1880, the year that modern scientific instrumentation became available to monitor temperatures precisely, a clear warming trend is present.

    And here's a plot of global average temperature over time which shows clearly how disingenuous your assertions above truly are:

    http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/ne...ocean-full.jpg



    You can do all the handwaving and red herrings about dirty science all you want... Thermometers are not political, and they tell a very simple story which shows yours to be bunk.


     

  4. #3 Re: Has Global Warming Gone? 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by milum
    Everything is quiet. No one mentions Global Warming. No one mentions the "cooked books" or the crooked scientists who conjured up the flawed data on which Anthropic Global Warming is based. It seems like some of you here would want to apologise for your wide-eyed embrace of such dirty science. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    You can do all the handwaving and red herrings about dirty science all you want... Thermometers are not political, and they tell a very simple story which shows yours to be bunk.
    Ok, inow, what you are saying is that we can trust the scientists at NASA because they read thermometers that are not crooked. In other words you are saying that at NASA there has been no evidence of "cooked books", no "crooked scientists", and no "dirty science"?

    You know what, inow? I like you. And I've got inside connections at NASA. For just a few thousand I can sell you a nice sunny lot on the dark side of the moon. Great view of Earth. And you are right --there are no crooks at NASA.
     

  5. #4  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,305
    Dammit milum this is not a game. Economies are already seriously affected. Businesses and livelihoods are being ruined.

    Okay, fanatic, here's a game for you. Bookmark this, and keep watching: 2010 Olympic Park webcam . We just had the warmest January on record. Venue temperature today is 2.2C, overnight low predicted -1C. Site is closed for "grooming".
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
     

  6. #5  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Milum,
    your argument is logically invalid on two counts.
    1. NASA scientists are by no means the only ones that have provided evidence for global warming.
    2. Some manipulation of data by some scientists on some occasions does not render incorrect the conclusions formed with all the data. (For example, Mendel almost certainly 'adjusted' his numbers on peas, yet his conclusions were wholly correct.)

    I trust in future posts you will offer something that is logically valid and therefore worthy of attention.
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Dammit milum this is not a game. Economies are already seriously affected. Businesses and livelihoods are being ruined.

    Okay, fanatic, here's a game for you. Bookmark this, and keep watching: 2010 Olympic Park webcam . We just had the warmest January on record. Venue temperature today is 2.2C, overnight low predicted -1C. Site is closed for "grooming".
    Ok, Pong, go ahead, embarrass yourself on National TV. Tell me, Pong, about the economies that are seriously affected and the buisnesses that are being ruined (you know, outside of the usual detrimental effects of a varying climate). But Mister Pong, please don't embarrass yourself again by citing a local weater condition to make a universal point. Go ahead, Pong, make your point, make my day.

    I like you Pong. You are a true believer. Some people go Dancing with the Stars.
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Milum,
    your argument is logically invalid on two counts.
    1. NASA scientists are by no means the only ones that have provided evidence for global warming.
    2. Some manipulation of data by some scientists on some occasions does not render incorrect the conclusions formed with all the data. (For example, Mendel almost certainly 'adjusted' his numbers on peas, yet his conclusions were wholly correct.)

    I trust in future posts you will offer something that is logically valid and therefore worthy of attention.
    May God bless you, Ophiolite, your logic sucks.

    (1) No one implied that only NASA doctored data in support of Global Warming. Why would one assume that?

    (2) Truth (reality) is the sole aim of Science. If you see fit to excuse Mendel for his lies about his peas, then you must see fit to excuse all liers in the hope that a Mendel they will become. Your logic sucks.

    Peace ()
     

  9. #8  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    There sure are a lot of different flavors of stupid in this world. Absolutely fascinating...
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    There sure are a lot of different flavors of stupid in this world. Absolutely fascinating...
    Trollie dolls come an all shapes and sizes, doesnt mean one has to feed them,
     

  11. #10  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    There sure are a lot of different flavors of stupid in this world. Absolutely fascinating...
    Trollie dolls come an all shapes and sizes, doesnt mean one has to feed them,
    agreed - thread closed before it turns nasty
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •