Notices
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Rocks

  1. #1 Rocks 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    12
    What is the term used to describe the degree of uniformity of grain size in a sedimentary rock?



    The rate of cooling of magma determines only this the property of the crystals in an igneous rock...



    and


    What is the chief culprit for the decay of carbonate rocks used in urban public buildings? (2 words)


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Rocks 
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by CandylacDeville
    What is the term used to describe the degree of uniformity of grain size in a sedimentary rock?
    7 letters begins with "s" & ends with "g." You can find it here: http://earthsci.org/teacher/basicgeol/sed/sed.html

    Quote Originally Posted by CandylacDeville
    The rate of cooling of magma determines only this the property of the crystals in an igneous rock...
    Look here: http://www.bookrags.com/sciences/ear...s-woes-01.html

    Quote Originally Posted by CandylacDeville
    What is the chief culprit for the decay of carbonate rocks used in urban public buildings? (2 words)
    I'm betting both words are four letters. If so, think about the weathering process of rocks in the city & what affects them. Its connected to atmosphere and pollution.

    Sorry to not be direct, but its always better to discover answers like this for yourself. More fun, too!

    But if you're still stuck, drop another line.


    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •