Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: UK knife crime

  1. #1 UK knife crime 
    Forum Freshman B1AZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    43
    anyone from the uk reading knows if they live in a rough estate like mine know knifes our being waved around like animals,most fights ending with the draw of a knife,and all across the world in major cities its happening,its like totally different than the gun,i think its just in our genes from back in ancient times,our folks were killing shit with sharp objects,is it our instints to comm it deadly attacks when called upon?


    We spend most of our lifes not knowing..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UA
    Posts
    1
    I must confess that in Ukraine the situation is quiet similar. Knives are widely used during street fights. The popularity of a knife can be explained by many reasons. I agree, that hooligans use knives due to some psychological impulses. We must be good at analytical psychology to disclose those impulses. But to all intents and purposes, knives are mainly used because of theis spreadness and easier owning. To my point of view, guns could also be used in everyday fightings unless being more expensive, restricted and less accessible.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman B1AZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by S.I.O.
    I must confess that in Ukraine the situation is quiet similar. Knives are widely used during street fights. The popularity of a knife can be explained by many reasons. I agree, that hooligans use knives due to some psychological impulses. We must be good at analytical psychology to disclose those impulses. But to all intents and purposes, knives are mainly used because of theis spreadness and easier owning. To my point of view, guns could also be used in everyday fightings unless being more expensive, restricted and less accessible.
    yeah true,i just hate the presents of a knife
    We spend most of our lifes not knowing..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 UK knife crime 
    Forum Freshman theninjapiratestolemytoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    18
    Tis a difficult one, as we need knives as everyday tool for so many things, so it's not like we can get rid of the weapons themselves. I think maybe the government needs to get tougher on anyone involved in knife crime, even if they were just carrying it to defend themselves but then end up using it. I know in some areas of the UK, many people carry knives so that they feel safer, but in reality they are just making the world a more dangerous place for everyone else.

    Shame the world is full of murdering psychopaths, or we wouldn't have this problem =[
    Go see the psychiatrist, I don't like the psychiatrist, but you need a psychiatrist, f*** the psychiatrist!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Ah well let the idiots knife each other i say

    The less of the fools the better

    In fact i think we should give all chavvies with hoodies with bad attitudes a big sharp knife and lock them all in a cell together.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Senior Booms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The perceptual schematic known as earth
    Posts
    361
    Knife crimes are the crimes of cowards, of feeble thugs too weak to fight evenly

    that said my prefered weapon (if i had to have one) to kill someone would be a knife, I know myself enough to know if I ever got angry enough to kill someone a gun would not be enough, I would be so mad I would litterally tear them apart with my bare hands (and possibly a knife)


    the knife problems have arisen due to a few mugs carrying knives for protection of to appear 'hard' the result is more people carry knifes to fit in or protect themselves, and we end up with whole areas of morons jamming butcher knives down the front of their pants (it's a miracle they don't castrate themselves)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: UK knife crime 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by theninjapiratestolemytoe
    I know in some areas of the UK, many people carry knives so that they feel safer, but in reality they are just making the world a more dangerous place for everyone else.
    This statement is a bit hard to swallow. Just like guns, disarmament doesn't stop violent gun crimes. People who want to do harm will still get a hold of a gun; gun laws just make it harder for people who do honor the law to defend themselves. Less attention needs to be paid to keeping knives away from violent people, and more attention needs to be paid to addressing why people are so frequently turning to violence in the first place. Anything can be used as a weapon if the intent to harm is present.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: UK knife crime 
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,305
    Quote Originally Posted by theninjapiratestolemytoe
    many people carry knives so that they feel safer, but in reality they are just making the world a more dangerous place for everyone else.
    I agree. The crooks will always want an advantage, so if they perceive threatening with a knife necessary, they will bring a knife. If they believe a gun necessary, they'll bring a gun. Unfortunately the dynamic of threatening (or defending) with a gun requires that one draw it first and show intent to use it. In practice this means a lot of people die for totally silly reasons, often randomly circumstantial or just plain cowardly.

    Where I am, muggers know they can successfully take a wallet just by knocking someone to the ground and demanding it. They operate in groups. OK so innocent victims lose their wallets and a tooth sometimes, but it is rarely worse than that. We have fewer muggings in this city than American cities. We have far far fewer homicides.

    Some years ago Miami muggers realized Canadian tourists were easy prey. So a lot of tourists lost their cameras. I think maybe one or two of them were shot or stabbed. In those cases the muggers probably mistook their marks for Americans.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booms
    Knife crimes are the crimes of cowards, of feeble thugs too weak to fight evenly

    that said my prefered weapon (if i had to have one) to kill someone would be a knife, I know myself enough to know if I ever got angry enough to kill someone a gun would not be enough, I would be so mad I would litterally tear them apart with my bare hands (and possibly a knife)


    the knife problems have arisen due to a few mugs carrying knives for protection of to appear 'hard' the result is more people carry knifes to fit in or protect themselves, and we end up with whole areas of morons jamming butcher knives down the front of their pants (it's a miracle they don't castrate themselves)
    Using knife as a crime is really scared to look at. Sad to know that there are people who are in favor to use knife to kill a person.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    I think that there is sometime it is good to use knife when you have problem with your lives and in that case some times by us someone killed then it will make us in trouble. Also there is many good use of knifes but main thing is, Use of knifes is depends on Us. Thanks for this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11 Re: UK knife crime 
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE
    anyone from the uk reading knows if they live in a rough estate like mine know knifes our being waved around like animals,most fights ending with the draw of a knife,and all across the world in major cities its happening,its like totally different than the gun,i think its just in our genes from back in ancient times,our folks were killing shit with sharp objects,is it our instints to comm it deadly attacks when called upon?
    No, I think it is because they are cowards; I hold belts in Kickboxing, Ju-jitsu, Kung-fu and Keysi fighting method and I can tell you that if someone pulled a knife on me on the street, his liver would soon have a new opening. - Knives are for cowards, they are for people who do not know how to fight.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •