Notices
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 163 of 163

Thread: D.B. Cooper

  1. #101  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    this is funny:

    Quote:
    What "found $6000" ? $6000 WAS NOT FOUND AT TINA BAR


    now here in one of his posts:

    Quote:
    Then some $6000+ in Cooper money turns up at Tina Bar
    here is what was said, i was NOT worried about the amount but that he CHANGED his story when he was quoted. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE, that is lying.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    here is what was said, i was NOT worried about the amount but that he CHANGED his story when he was quoted. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE, that is lying.
    You don't have sufficient sympathy to consider that they might be the words of a confused old man?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    no. I do not have that sympathy. He's a troll, that's all
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    You don't have sufficient sympathy to consider that they might be the words of a confused old man?
    he did it twice, sorry no sumpathy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    to be very correct, you posted "some $6000+" which implies more than 6000. Constant walking contradiction, are you not?
    I am British by background and already explained what I meant above.
    You are a mathematician? Arcane_Mathamatition"? Of all people you should
    understand what I am saying and why . . . I would think. I was merely using
    6000 as an approximation, which it literally is in this case. Again, I explained
    all of this above.

    Example: "some 400" means: 400 plus or minus. An amount hovering around 400.

    It is not lying, in any event, and it has nothing to do with age. as a matter of fact
    I think I have been quite tolerant, given my age.

    I dont know what else to say here - I think this is an issue of ego's and has nothing
    to do with anyone actually lying. If I said you are lying because you dont seem
    to understand what Im saying straightaway, would I be correct in that assessment?
    Of course not. That would be an incorrect assessment (logical leap) on my part.

    I am not a troll. I am not enjoying any of this. I am not profiting by any of this
    and neither is anyone else. This whole has been a MONUMENTAL waste of time
    in my opinion. A complete absurdity. But I hjave learned a few things.

    I have learned much from Arcaheologist. I have learned much from this other gentleman, John? And you seem to be hovering something in the middle. Ah! There
    is that word again. SOME. Somewhere?

    Had I said "somewhere around $6000" would you and Archie have been happy?
    (some 6000 being a contraction of 'somewhere around number n'.). Maybe I
    have an advantage. I used to be a linguist. Have a graduate degree in it. But
    that has nothing to do with anything here - ?

    Thanks,
    Georger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    951
    Hi, I'm DB
    Pleas send me my 6grand, lost it drinking in a bar some time ago.
    I need it for groceries and a new wheelchair. Damned crappy airline parachute!
    Thanks
    DB Cooper
    Po bx 1963
    Vancover Wa
    89662
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzlooney
    Hi, I'm DB
    Pleas send me my 6grand, lost it drinking in a bar some time ago.
    I need it for groceries and a new wheelchair. Damned crappy airline parachute!
    Thanks
    DB Cooper
    Po bx 1963
    Vancover Wa
    89662
    Funny. Dont you mean 600 grand? Cooper schleped his deal at 200 grand.
    He could have got 600! There were funds set aside at a bank in Seattle for just
    such a contingency. That's where the 200,000 came from (on the spot). But
    nobody had bothered to record the serial numbers of all that cash so in shere
    panic people were assembled to record the serial numbers on 10,000 $20 bills
    (21lbs worth) but if it had been $600,000 rather than $200,000 it's doubtful
    Cooper's time demands would have been met. As it was Cooper got mad things were taking so long finally exclaiming, "Let's get this plane on the road!" etc.
    He had previously requested everything "be ready" when they landed at SEA,
    but nothing was, and then a fueling snafu delayed things longer... at the last
    moment bundles of $20 twenties were bound with rubber bands and stuffed
    into an large white bank bag for the Highway Patrol to take to the airport.
    Cooper never did get the "back pack" he requested, but he didn't complain.
    When the money was brought back to Cooper in the back of the plane he opened
    the bag, got wide eyed, and began exclaiming and jumping up and down like a
    child, at the sight of the money. He offered some of the money to Tina Mucklow
    but she refused any. (That's how Tina Mucklow described it in her FBI interview).

    Cooper was both (very serious) and child-like at different times during the hijacking. (Tina Mucklow described him as 'sad' bordering on depressed).

    Those same rubber bands were still on the 2-1/2 bundles Ingram found later
    in 1980...

    The same companies that made the bank bag and the rubber bands are
    still in business and still supply the same bank to this day. The rubber bands
    used on 11-24-71 have a chemistry unique to that era.

    So, put in your application at: http://www.fbi.gov/multimedia/transcript.htm
    Thats funny.

    Thanks for your post -
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    I care because your notation was used incorrectly. if you add the plus at the end, it ceases to mean 'give or take' but merely becomes give. means . it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I care because your notation was used incorrectly. if you add the plus at the end, it ceases to mean 'give or take' but merely becomes give. means . it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's
    I dont have the fonts on my keyboard to type math symbols. Copying and
    pasting results in the below:

    6000+ means \ge 6000. it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's 6000\pm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    You can type + can you not? You have it in your earlier posts. I suspect you can type - also. Is that true? I very much doubt you cannot type /. If you cannot how do you enter urls? http:// etc.

    So you can type + and - and /, yet it is beyond you to type +/-. Amazing!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    951
    Is this notation question really worth arguing about?
    The way I understood it the sum was some where around 6000 dollars.
    What's the big deal???????????????????
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I care because your notation was used incorrectly. if you add the plus at the end, it ceases to mean 'give or take' but merely becomes give. means . it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's
    I dont have the fonts on my keyboard to type math symbols. Copying and
    pasting results in the below:

    6000+ means \ge 6000. it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's 6000\pm
    you see the TeX button at the top-right? You highlight what you copied and pasted and click that button, and it will come out like mine.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzlooney
    Is this notation question really worth arguing about?
    The way I understood it the sum was some where around 6000 dollars.
    What's the big deal???????????????????
    Beats me. ????????????????????????????
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I care because your notation was used incorrectly. if you add the plus at the end, it ceases to mean 'give or take' but merely becomes give. means . it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's
    I dont have the fonts on my keyboard to type math symbols. Copying and
    pasting results in the below:

    6000+ means \ge 6000. it's just a mathematical fact, and you never stated your lack of understanding for notation. if you meant 'give or take' it's 6000\pm
    you see the TeX button at the top-right? You highlight what you copied and pasted and click that button, and it will come out like mine.
    OK. Thanks..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    You can type + can you not? You have it in your earlier posts. I suspect you can type - also. Is that true? I very much doubt you cannot type /. If you cannot how do you enter urls? http:// etc.

    So you can type + and - and /, yet it is beyond you to type +/-. Amazing!
    And the minute I type +/- someone will say "no should be +//- or -/+ or,

    ~6000.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    You can type + can you not? You have it in your earlier posts. I suspect you can type - also. Is that true? I very much doubt you cannot type /. If you cannot how do you enter urls? http:// etc.

    So you can type + and - and /, yet it is beyond you to type +/-. Amazing!
    And the minute I type +/- someone will say "no should be +//- or -/+ or,

    ~6000.
    At which point they would be wrong and we would junp all over them.

    This whole argument is very silly. The outrage from other posters over your careless usage is stupid, but so is your continued defence of sloppy posting.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    This whole argument is very silly. The outrage from other posters over your careless usage is stupid, but so is your continued defence of sloppy posting.
    which is the only reason I jumped on Him in the first place.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    why are you people fighting with him? can't you see he is a troll/ he asked to have his account cancelled then when it is he comes right back with the same i.d. and says nothing of value once again.

    you are all wasting our time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    why are you people fighting with him? can't you see he is a troll/ he asked to have his account cancelled then when it is he comes right back with the same i.d. and says nothing of value once again.

    you are all wasting our time.
    "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

    "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion." > wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

    For your information, the topic here is: D. B. C o o p e r.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    why are you people fighting with him? can't you see he is a troll/ he asked to have his account cancelled then when it is he comes right back with the same i.d. and says nothing of value once again.

    you are all wasting our time.
    So I am now challenging you directly - post on topic and only on topic.

    Say ANYTHING of substance about DB Cooper, for a change?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    951
    I believe he died in the mountains!
    The end.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    I agree with fizzlooney. Prove us wrong
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    why are you people fighting with him? can't you see he is a troll/ he asked to have his account cancelled then when it is he comes right back with the same i.d. and says nothing of value once again.

    you are all wasting our time.
    So I am now challenging you directly - post on topic and only on topic.

    Say ANYTHING of substance about DB Cooper, for a change?
    I did, i outed you.

    There is nothing to add and you have proven that true by your worthless posts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I agree with fizzlooney. Prove us wrong
    Well... 305 was flying Victor-23 a low elevation route between Seattle and Portland. The route basically hugs I5 (north-south). V23 is west of the
    mountainous area in Washington.

    Just east of V23 about 20 miles elevations do begin to increase but generally range 1000-2500 ft, but the area becomes rugged the closer one gets toward
    the Washougal River. It is generaly thought the plane was nort flying this far
    east in factthe FBI flight map preclude this possibility. This whole area slopes
    downward toward the Columbia. (In the 1800s loggers used the Washougal to
    convey logs to the Columbia during high water periods, Dec-Jan).

    The nothern segment of V23 where Cooper was first thought to have bailed
    near Lake Merwin, is not mountainous either, but heavily forested. And, if
    Cooper bailed in the lower segment of V23 north of Portland (near Scotton
    Corner, Orchards), this area is a farming region (flat land) and would have
    been an easy drop (with rail road lines running through the area).

    If Cooper bailed in the rugged area of the Washougal he definately had a
    problem, but this area is populated and has been throughly searched over the years with nothing ever found.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I agree with fizzlooney. Prove us wrong
    Well... 305 was flying Victor-23 a low elevation route between Seattle and Portland. The route basically hugs I5 (north-south). V23 is west of the
    mountainous area in Washington.

    Just east of V23 about 20 miles elevations do begin to increase but generally range 1000-2500 ft, but the area becomes rugged the closer one gets toward
    the Washougal River. It is generaly thought the plane was nort flying this far
    east in factthe FBI flight map preclude this possibility. This whole area slopes
    downward toward the Columbia. (In the 1800s loggers used the Washougal to
    convey logs to the Columbia during high water periods, Dec-Jan).

    The nothern segment of V23 where Cooper was first thought to have bailed
    near Lake Merwin, is not mountainous either, but heavily forested. And, if
    Cooper bailed in the lower segment of V23 north of Portland (near Scotton
    Corner, Orchards), this area is a farming region (flat land) and would have
    been an easy drop (with rail road lines running through the area).

    If Cooper bailed in the rugged area of the Washougal he definately had a
    problem, but this area is populated and has been throughly searched over the years with nothing ever found.
    just plain gibberish and pure speculation. everyone has forgotten that no one knows anything about cooper, if he made plans, preparations etc. they are solely goiong n what they saw in the plane which is next to nothing.

    unintelligent people like the above poster need to get a clue and realize they know nothing about the case and there is nothing to know as they have never found any remains near the jump site and the excuse of 'animals probably moved the bones' is just an excuse.

    If he survived, do not expect a confession because i doubt he would ruin his life for noteriety as he would only be in his early 60's approx. and mayhave family who would be hurt by his admission.

    If he died, who cares, someone got the money and had a 'good' life.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    I agree with fizzlooney. Prove us wrong
    Well... 305 was flying Victor-23 a low elevation route between Seattle and Portland. The route basically hugs I5 (north-south). V23 is west of the
    mountainous area in Washington.

    Just east of V23 about 20 miles elevations do begin to increase but generally range 1000-2500 ft, but the area becomes rugged the closer one gets toward
    the Washougal River. It is generaly thought the plane was nort flying this far
    east in factthe FBI flight map preclude this possibility. This whole area slopes
    downward toward the Columbia. (In the 1800s loggers used the Washougal to
    convey logs to the Columbia during high water periods, Dec-Jan).

    The nothern segment of V23 where Cooper was first thought to have bailed
    near Lake Merwin, is not mountainous either, but heavily forested. And, if
    Cooper bailed in the lower segment of V23 north of Portland (near Scotton
    Corner, Orchards), this area is a farming region (flat land) and would have
    been an easy drop (with rail road lines running through the area).

    If Cooper bailed in the rugged area of the Washougal he definately had a
    problem, but this area is populated and has been throughly searched over the years with nothing ever found.
    just plain gibberish and pure speculation. everyone has forgotten that no one knows anything about cooper, if he made plans, preparations etc. they are solely goiong n what they saw in the plane which is next to nothing.

    unintelligent people like the above poster need to get a clue and realize they know nothing about the case and there is nothing to know as they have never found any remains near the jump site and the excuse of 'animals probably moved the bones' is just an excuse.

    If he survived, do not expect a confession because i doubt he would ruin his life for noteriety as he would only be in his early 60's approx. and mayhave family who would be hurt by his admission.

    If he died, who cares, someone got the money and had a 'good' life.
    I continue to be astounded by your use of words - describing your own posts.
    "unintelligent" . . . "just plain gibberish" . And your personal attacks continue
    as if personal attacks are thoughtful argumentation. You and Rush Limbau?

    How does not knowing anything about Coper change topography of Washington,
    McChord AFB radar documented flight paths of an airplane, the turn of
    clocks, recorded radio messages, et cetera?

    Your position is: "there is nothing to know as they have never found any remains near the jump site".

    WHAT JUMP SITE?

    Will you reveal the secret on Judgment Day?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    If he survived, do not expect a confession because i doubt he would ruin his life for noteriety as he would only be in his early 60's approx. and mayhave family who would be hurt by his admission.
    [/quote]

    You disagree with 40+ witnesses who said Cooper was in his upper forties
    to early fifties? Assuming 47 yrs old in 1971 that makes Cooper 85 today.

    ["as he would only be in his early 60's approx."] ?

    He seem to have a profound lack of even basic information about the
    whole matter.

    Can you read and write and count?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Before i address the previous poster, I would like to enter a complaint about him as HE said he wanted to leave and have his membership canceled. When it is, he comes right back under the same I.D. and continues to post trash and insults others.

    He obviously is not here for constructive purposes and I hope someone will take that poster aside and have a nice chat with him privately.


    You disagree with 40+ witnesses who said Cooper was in his upper forties
    to early fifties? Assuming 47 yrs old in 1971 that makes Cooper 85 today.
    1. it is said by law enforcement agencies that eye witness testimony is NOT reliable
    2. have you heard of MAKE-UP?
    3. have you heard of A DISGUISE?

    to point out a few options you refuse to consider.

    Can you read and write and count?
    insult and rule violation. where is skywalker with his trusty admin. authority?

    How does not knowing anything about Coper change topography of Washington,
    McChord AFB radar documented flight paths of an airplane, the turn of
    clocks, recorded radio messages, et cetera?
    you are really out there in looney tunes land aren't you? No one was talking about topography except you. if cooper was smart and it seems like he was, he would have known what he was getting into. a little research goes a long ways.

    why do you think we have not heard or found him yet--if he did not die then he was prepared to face what came his way when he jumped. since you cannot read his mind, i highly doubt he jumped on a spur of the moment.

    WHAT JUMP SITE?
    do you just forget what you write the moment you post it? or do you forget to take your meds?

    ***this post will probably break my 'probation' but i do not care. this poster is out there in some unknown universe and i am surprised that the moderator of this forum has NOT taken any action against this person. ARE the rules applied only to christians the powers that be hate?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    Before i address the previous poster, I would like to enter a complaint about him as HE said he wanted to leave and have his membership canceled. When it is, he comes right back under the same I.D. and continues to post trash and insults others.

    He obviously is not here for constructive purposes and I hope someone will take that poster aside and have a nice chat with him privately.


    You disagree with 40+ witnesses who said Cooper was in his upper forties
    to early fifties? Assuming 47 yrs old in 1971 that makes Cooper 85 today.
    1. it is said by law enforcement agencies that eye witness testimony is NOT reliable
    2. have you heard of MAKE-UP?
    3. have you heard of A DISGUISE?

    to point out a few options you refuse to consider.

    Can you read and write and count?
    insult and rule violation. where is skywalker with his trusty admin. authority?

    How does not knowing anything about Coper change topography of Washington,
    McChord AFB radar documented flight paths of an airplane, the turn of
    clocks, recorded radio messages, et cetera?
    you are really out there in looney tunes land aren't you? No one was talking about topography except you. if cooper was smart and it seems like he was, he would have known what he was getting into. a little research goes a long ways.

    why do you think we have not heard or found him yet--if he did not die then he was prepared to face what came his way when he jumped. since you cannot read his mind, i highly doubt he jumped on a spur of the moment.

    WHAT JUMP SITE?
    do you just forget what you write the moment you post it? or do you forget to take your meds?

    ***this post will probably break my 'probation' but i do not care. this poster is out there in some unknown universe and i am surprised that the moderator of this forum has NOT taken any action against this person. ARE the rules applied only to christians the powers that be hate?
    you are crazy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    this forum has no moderator
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    why don't these threads come with a post report button? I am sure calling another poster crazy is not on the 'approved' list.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    why don't these threads come with a post report button? I am sure calling another poster crazy is not on the 'approved' list.
    because crazy people would drive administrators nuts?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #133  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    This is almost 10 pages and the other poster still has not produced anything credible nor what the public does not know. he fills his time attacking others, surely the admin. will lose patience with that fellow and take the appropriate action, to make sure they are not hypocritical.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #134  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    this forum has no moderator
    Finally someone has posted soemthing that is
    a) true
    b) makes sense

    I don't suppose it will last.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #135  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    yeah... the last 8 pages should be cut off, sent to the trash, and titled "the assault of georger"

    and besides, the OP was over a year ago, I think whoever(William) started this thread has long since departed it.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #136  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    yeah... the last 8 pages should be cut off, sent to the trash, and titled "the assault of georger"

    and besides, the OP was over a year ago, I think whoever(William) started this thread has long since departed it.
    Your first word "yeah" sayz it all. So git 'em on down da da bargie hargy an
    spotilimgimei oft da yang di plumba.

    For a person who hasnt contributed one damned thing except personal nonsense
    you obviously should be the one to bring it all down - burn a library while you're
    at it.

    You define the socalled "Science Forum".

    It appears to me its nothing but a bunch of Creationist clones at a love in
    and half of these need bus fare back!

    Good luck to you fools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #137  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    yeah... the last 8 pages should be cut off, sent to the trash, and titled "the assault of georger"

    and besides, the OP was over a year ago, I think whoever(William) started this thread has long since departed it.

    in addition: dont forget to fill the pool at this County Club. We would want fools
    diving on their heads -
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #138  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathamatition
    this forum has no moderator
    Finally someone has posted soemthing that is
    a) true
    b) makes sense

    I don't suppose it will last.
    The Oracle at Delphi has spoken - or is it the Oracle at Detroit?

    This is beginning to Look like Richard IIIrd. So when the King and the Fools
    join forces can the Kingdom's loss be far behind?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #139  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    georger, if there is something worth saying I shall say it concisely, hopefully elegantly, and with proper references (where appropriate). Here is a recent example.

    When I see a thread filled with dross I shall ignore it if I think there is no hope, or point out its failings if I think something might come of it. On this one I'm really just marking time till August when your great revelations can be revealed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #140  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    I doubt he will have anything worthwhile to say. If cooper's identity or location has been found, we would have heard about it by now and we wouldn't need georger to come in here to spoon feed us the information.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #141  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    georger, if there is something worth saying I shall say it concisely, hopefully elegantly, and with proper references (where appropriate). Here is a recent example.
    Gary Flandro is not forgotten, if that's your pitch? Unsung hero? And to omit everyone between Newton 1687 and Flandro certainly is not correct history.
    Did you know or work with Flandro?

    " The Slingshot Effect of Celestial Bodies from Newton
    by Florin Diacu†
    ..... "One of them shows that the close encounter of 3 celestial
    bodies leads to a slingshot effect as in the earth-tennis-basketball
    experiment. This property was discovered in 1966 through computer simulations done by Victor Szebehely and Myles Standish at Yale University and by Eduard
    Stiefel at ETH-Zurich."

    Gary Flandro perfected another version by lengthy hand calculations, as I
    understand it, however I confess Im no expert on Dr Flandro as you are.

    Here is Dr. Flandro's website. http://flandro.utsi.edu/ Why dont you email
    him your artikle and see what he says about it?

    It will give Archie something new to go into hysterics about.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #142  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    I think the point he was making was that he doesn't just post a bunch of crap, no reference, and then get all pissy over every little thing. He made a contribution to a discussion, and referenced where he got his information, and posted the example here in refutation of your gross overgeneralization that all posters here are full of bullshit and crackpot ideas, when the vast minority are what that applies to, including yourself there, georger.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #143  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    I ought to simply say "Arcane mathamatitian, you have identified my intention exactly and expressed it clearly", then get the hell out of Dodge. But I can't. A congenital weakness, I imagine. So, here are some additional observations.
    Quote Originally Posted by georger
    Gary Flandro is not forgotten, if that's your pitch? Unsung hero?
    I make a serious effort to write what I mean (and to mean what I write).

    What did I write? Did I write, as you imply, that Flandro was forgotten? Certainly not. Hell, he gets mentioned in most of the references I gave and he wrote one of them.

    Did I call him an unsung hero? No, I didn't. That is an absolute. I descrined him as a largely unsung hero. There are many enthusiastic followers of NASA's robotic explorers who are quire unaware of the man's name, history or role in the exploration of the outer planets. The description is apt. Georger's distortion of it is not.

    And to omit everyone between Newton 1687 and Flandro certainly is not correct history.
    Now that is just silly. I was giving a brief exposition on slingshots, the topic raised earlier in that thread. The concept was first proposed by Hohmann and that was where the story, chronologically, had to start. That was, chronologically, where I started it.

    Did you know or work with Flandro?
    What possible relevance does that have? The only reason I can see for mentioning this is so you can expostulate again about how you know many of the people involved in the D.B. Cooper case, as this somehow gives your story greater validity. I am very comfortable with the veracity of my sources on my little story: I checked against more references than I quoted to ensure my post was accurate.

    Next you post an extract from a document that you don't even have the courtesy to post a link to.
    And what is the relevance of this document? Zero. Despite your claim that I would be historically inaccurate by omitting everything between Newton and Flandro, you omit to mention that your post relates to work done after Flandro had completed his analyses. Moreover the work has nothing to do with the slingshot concept used by the Pioneer and Voyager probes.
    Why did you mention it at all? (Well, it is interesting of itself, but it is wholly unrelated to the argument you appear to be trying to make.)

    Gary Flandro perfected another version by lengthy hand calculations, as I
    understand it, however I confess Im no expert on Dr Flandro as you are.
    No, if there is another version, it is the work you have quoted, since Flandro has priority.

    However, Flandro's work was based upon a series of two body problems. Your quote relates to 3, 4 and more body problems and the dubious claim that a properly established sequence of slingshots can throw a body to infinity in a few seconds.

    I have made no claim to be an expert on Flandro. All I have done is to summarise information on him that is publicly available. Your suggestion that I am an expert on Flandro comes across as snide. I imagine that is what you intended.

    Why dont you email him your artikle and see what he says about it?
    Why on Earth would I do such a bizarre thing? No, really! Why would I needlessly hassle the man about such a piece of trivia? If you respond to nothing else in this post I would truly appreciate if you would explain why you think this would be a good idea.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #144  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    It will give Archie something new to go into hysterics about.
    they absolutely need a moderator on this forum.

    i guess this is now geting far away from topic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #145  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt

    What did I write? Did I write, as you imply, that Flandro was forgotten? Certainly not. Hell, he gets mentioned in most of the references I gave and he wrote one of them.

    Did I call him an unsung hero? No, I didn't. That is an absolute.
    Well quoting from your own words at your own link:
    lquote:

    " The largely unsung hero of planetary exploration is Gary Flandro. It was his work at JPL that made possible the paradigm changing journeys of Pioneer 11 and the Voyager spacecraft. "

    What in your country does "The largely unsung hero" mean?

    Does it mean: Green eggs and Ham?

    So your absolute is inconsistent with your absolutism. Age will do that to a person.

    Have a nice "ism"!

    Atlas has shrugged.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #146  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Georger, you have some definite comprehension issues. Let's try this again.

    1. You claim that I have stated that Flandro has been forgotten.
    2. The opposite of forgotten is not forgotten.
    3. Both are absolutes. One is either forgotten OR not forgotten. (Its Boolean algebra; digital language.)
    4. If I had said 'Flandro is an unsung hero', that would have been equivalent to 'Flandro is forgotten'.
    5. I actually stated 'Flandro is a largely unsung hero'.
    6. This changes his possible states from two, to a continuous spectrum between totally forgotten and universally remembered. (We have moved from digital to analogue.)
    7. I placed him on that spectrum well towards the totally forgotten end.
    8. That is what the qualifier 'largely' does to the meaning.
    9. That is how we use the English language in the country I come from. (i.e. we use it correctly.)
    10. That country is called England. We know something of that language here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #147  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    i guess this is now geting far away from topic.
    It has largely become georger's thread, so I feel it is acceptable to deviate briefly from the topic. Indeed, I think the current discussion is philosophically on topic. Georger has initiated a number of disagreements, largely with yourself, which arguably stem from a singular interpretation of language. The current discussion focuses on another example of that. One hopes, with little confidence, that this may cause Georger to pause, take stock and recognise that his usage of words is at times flawed. That would help bring more sense to the main discussion.

    If you would stop reacting to his snipes at you, that would help too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #148  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    i guess this is now geting far away from topic.
    It has largely become georger's thread, so I feel it is acceptable to deviate briefly from the topic. Indeed, I think the current discussion is philosophically on topic. Georger has initiated a number of disagreements, largely with yourself, which arguably stem from a singular interpretation of language. The current discussion focuses on another example of that. One hopes, with little confidence, that this may cause Georger to pause, take stock and recognise that his usage of words is at times flawed. That would help bring more sense to the main discussion.

    If you would stop reacting to his snipes at you, that would help too.
    all puffery. and I will define it for you:

    "Puffery as a legal term refers to promotional statements and claims that express subjective rather than objective views, such that no reasonable person would take literally. Puffery is especially featured in testimonials."

    This has nothing to do with language but with Puffery.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #149  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    i find it so funny that the guy who wanted his membership canceled continues to return and post.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #150  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    I am sorry that you fail to recognise the difference between correct and incorrect language. If you were to consult an English professor he would be happy to confirm that my usage in this instance is correct and your interpretation is faulty. Therefore, I am delivering an objective assessment of English language usage, not a subjective interpretation. Consequently it is not puffery. (Thank you for introducing me to the term. I have never encountered it before.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #151  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    i guess this is now geting far away from topic.
    It has largely become georger's thread, so I feel it is acceptable to deviate briefly from the topic. Indeed, I think the current discussion is philosophically on topic. Georger has initiated a number of disagreements, largely with yourself, which arguably stem from a singular interpretation of language. The current discussion focuses on another example of that. One hopes, with little confidence, that this may cause Georger to pause, take stock and recognise that his usage of words is at times flawed. That would help bring more sense to the main discussion.

    If you would stop reacting to his snipes at you, that would help too.
    Who is reacting? His english use is very bad but i wasn't focused on that. i was focused on the fact that he wanted to be removed from membership and when he was, he didn't like it and came right back.

    I have come to the conclusion that he has nothing of value to say nor add to the discussion that isn't already in public record and i wonder what difference waiting till aug. will make.

    if the FBI has discovered where cooper is living, they would have arrested him by now and we allwould have heard about it and not given the information to a few weirdos so they can feel good about themselves on an internet chat forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #152  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    951
    DB is dead, prove me wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #153 D.B. COOPER 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GRANTS PASS, OREGON
    Posts
    1
    I have just read almost 35 post of (who knows what) and have not learned a damn thing from any of you about DBC. I did learn that it all sounded like I was in high school all over again. I have never posted here before, and i'm not sure I will read anymore. I do think that the Guest was simply just trying to start a conversation with the group and was attacked in every way possible. Whether or not he was a person of special information, he tried to start the conversation on the conservative side, and was slammed. I personally would like to talk to him and compare notes. As for the the rest of the B.S. that amounted to absolutely nothing, I think you guys have way too much time on your hands. Anyway, in conclusion, it's now Dec 2009 and i'm still studying DBC and will continue to read everything I can and try to draw my own conclusions as to what happened and why. I am a professional diver and would like to donate my time in the best interest of the FBI for any matters they might need. Merry Christmas to all and happy new year.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #154  
    Forum Senior Kukhri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    392
    This was an old argument between two, now inactive members. It does not represent the usual tone of the forum.
    Co-producer of Red Oasis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #155  
    New Member Sluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ashford, AL
    Posts
    1
    Hello,

    I’m Sluggo and I would like to join your discussions.

    Having read the previous pages of this thread, I am acutely aware that first impressions are important here (as they are everywhere). So I’ll start by saying that I don’t consider myself “an expert” on DB Cooper, nor am I a “researcher” (in the scientific sense). Rather, I consider myself a librarian of a sort, gathering the information (facts and myths) and putting them together so they can be accessed for free by everyone.

    That way, DB Cooper discussion participates can have all the resources (maps, print media articles, photo evidence, and other evidence) in one cyber-location.

    Hopefully I have built a “one-stop shopping” site to be used by anyone who wants to know more about the case. Feel free to browse the site and copy anything you want. I have some things there that aren’t usually featured in an article. Like the handwritten notes taken by one of the cabin attendants, knowing that she would be de-briefed by law enforcement.

    I have attempted to put links in my signature, but in case I am unsuccessful in this first post, my main site is http://n467us.com. There are links to my blog site (Northwest 305 Skyjacking) and the NORJACK Forum on that page.

    About me:
    I have been interested in the NORJAK since just a few years after it occurred (approximately 1974 or 1975). In the early years after the hijacking, the only sources of information (mostly the print media) were already publishing half-truths and mangled facts. Finding quality information was very difficult. At that time, the FBI (the lead agency for the investigation) was not releasing very much information to the public. Since then (beginning in November of 2007) the FBI has started releasing more and more information and revealing some of the data gained from their investigation. So, I decided to build a web site containing my 30-plus years of articles and some of the new stuff that was being made public.

    I love to discuss the case and welcome comments and inquiries either here or through my site.

    Thanks,
    Sluggo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #156  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    i just got into the cooper case a few weeks ago. i'm fascinated and would love to discuss thoughts. having said i just wasted an hour of my day reading through this topic hoping for real information.

    anyway. why did cooper decide to jump over that area? did he have intention of making the coast asap? or escaping up to canada? and why would he ask for a route to mexico if he intended to jump over washington?

    hope to hear back your thoughts

    cheers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #157  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    i keep goind back and restudying the dbc case now and again, and i have a question. it may have been addressed here and i didnt catch it, so if im repeating, i apologize. as far as the fbi goes, im sure they checked missing people reports against dbc's identity and against the time frame, but someone somewhere had to not show up to work one day or turned up missing out of the blue. what has been the results of this part of the investigation?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #158  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    3
    RE: DB Cooper = I notice no mention of what happened to the supposed "bomb", did he take it with him or leave it behind? If he took it maybe there was survival gear in the bag disguised as a bomb. Maybe his coat had hidden pockets with rubber shoes, etc. He could have just as well come on the plain dressed in warm clothes with sturdy shoes - he must have had these with him somehow.
    AL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #159 New DB Cooper Stuff 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    3
    I saw a short blog on AOL that the FBI has new evidence in this case - let's see what develops!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #160  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12
    DB Cooper, one of those things that we will likely never know what really happened, unless he somehow tells us. The best chance we have is the DNA. Maybe we will match it to him or a close match to one of his family members. Would be great just to know, but I think these mysteries that linger are good for us.

    mmiller@forensicdnaexperts.com
    www.forensicdnaexperts.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #161  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monte Miller View Post
    DB Cooper, one of those things that we will likely never know what really happened, unless he somehow tells us. The best chance we have is the DNA. Maybe we will match it to him or a close match to one of his family members. Would be great just to know, but I think these mysteries that linger are good for us.
    What DNA is there?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #162  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monte Miller View Post
    DB Cooper, one of those things that we will likely never know what really happened, unless he somehow tells us. The best chance we have is the DNA. Maybe we will match it to him or a close match to one of his family members. Would be great just to know, but I think these mysteries that linger are good for us.
    What DNA is there?
    According to something I saw on the news last night, the FBI has a necktie that DB Cooper left on the plane... However it has three different sets of DNA on it, and they're assuming that one of those sets could be his. Or none could be. Anyways they tested the DNA against the family members of one of their suspects, but none of the DNA was similar enough to show that their suspect had the necktie. So it doesn't really matter anyways.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #163  
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4
    This is a very interesting topic that has always fascinated me since my discovery of it - what happened to D.B. Cooper? I personally believe that examining the physical evidence (such as figuring out where he jumped and if he landed or not) is going to be more or less useless. Researchers have been looking into this evidence for 40 years, and unless they literally stumble upon his body they have very little chance of digging something new up. Im my honest opinion, the true point of discussing D.B. Cooper is to figure out who he is, not where he is - determine the psychology of the situation.

    Say you are D.B. Cooper. You just hijacked a plane and made $200 grand off of it. This already offers two questions:
    1. Why would you want/need that much money?
    2. Why would you need to disappear off of the face of the earth?
    The reason I ask the second question is that nobody hijacks a plane and then goes to work next Monday. It's more feasible that he planned to disappear. I'm going to try to answer these questions to the best of my ability.

    Many people would want $200 grand, but enough to hijack a plane? Maybe it's easier than robbing a bank, but someone intelligent enough to create a foolproof plan and fly away with that much money probably didn't have to resort to crime. Maybe he needed the money, badly. Who could he owe that money to? A casino, maybe, but more likely the Mafia or some other crime syndicate. Heck, he could be in debt to an overbearing corporation or a greedy government official. This would explain the need for the money.

    The second question is a bit more difficult. If you're going to disappear for good, you're either running away from something/someone or running to something/someone. Maybe he was crafty enough to both get the money and escape the clutches of the Mafia/company/official. Maybe he knew that he'd need the money to start a new life, and this was the perfect way to get it. Again, though, if he was smart enough to devise this hijacking I highly doubt that he'd've been dumb enough to get caught up in the crime world to this level. The information suggesting his mental instability, although possibly indicating that he was insane, more likely points to personal distress. Now what would put someone through enough personal distress that they'd have to hijack a plane and then disappear off of the face of the earth?

    Heartbreak. Think about it. The love of his life just dumped him, and he fell hard. Maybe jacking the plane would be enough to impress her. Or maybe the love of his life died, and he suddenly realized that he really had nothing to live for and he just needed to start completely over. Or that he should just end it all and figured that he'd go out with a bang. I think that both are viable reasons for him to devise a scheme to get this much money.

    I know that my above explanation is rife with (careless) assumptions, and anybody who takes the scientific method seriously would scoff at the thought process going on here. Feel free to pick away at it, even refute it outright - just try not to take it as far as Georgie and Archie did.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •