Notices
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Acer statement

  1. #1 Acer statement 
    Forum Freshman FancyShoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    34
    Ok, I just want to know if anyone has the same malfunction as me. Well my Ferrari 5000 speaker jack does not work >=( and I know Acer has been renowned for there malfunctions in the speaker jack. Anyway I just want to know if anyone that has an acer laptop has the same problem. I do not want people to tell me what to do to fix it because anything you say to me I will already know... please.. I just want to know if you are experiencing the same malfunction as me. Apparently if you hibernate your laptop for 5mins it will fix it magically somehow :? My friend told me this. I tried this but it did not work.


    whats the interval of 1/mower? lnmower... heh
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,418
    I know its not what you want to hear, but you can buy a very small USB soundcard (about the size of a pen drive) which has jack ports on (if you are desperate to use it) if its still under warranty then take it back.


    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Acer statement 
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by FancyShoes
    Ok, I just want to know if anyone has the same malfunction as me. Well my Ferrari 5000 speaker jack does not work >=( and I know Acer has been renowned for there malfunctions in the speaker jack. Anyway I just want to know if anyone that has an acer laptop has the same problem. I do not want people to tell me what to do to fix it because anything you say to me I will already know... please.. I just want to know if you are experiencing the same malfunction as me. Apparently if you hibernate your laptop for 5mins it will fix it magically somehow :? My friend told me this. I tried this but it did not work.
    Off topic. My wife and I both have an Acer laptop. We bought the second one because of the ease and good performance of the first. We also have a couple of HPs but prefer the Acer.

    However, Acer support system is for the dogs. A while back one of the power cords went on the fritz and I had a hard time getting a replacement (and we live in a city of a million people).We purchased the laptops at Staples and no help there even pointing me in the right direction. Acer website is useless. All is well now but only having done a switcheroo on a cord on a Staples display model (sneaky but last resort).

    Good computer...lousy support.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Cooking Something Good MacGyver1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    if its still under warranty then take it back.
    I would have to agree... if I spend THAT much money (I saw them listed for $2500 US) on a laptop, and it wasn't perfect, I'd be back at the store, quicker than greased lightning, asking for a new one.
    Fixin' shit that ain't broke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    if its still under warranty then take it back.
    I would have to agree... if I spend THAT much money (I saw them listed for $2500 US) on a laptop, and it wasn't perfect, I'd be back at the store, quicker than greased lightning, asking for a new one.
    How quick is greased lightning ?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    How quick is greased lightning ?
    BLoody quick, I bet you didn't even feel that...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    How quick is greased lightning ?
    BLoody quick, I bet you didn't even feel that...
    Thats what the wife says to me.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman FancyShoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    34
    Uggh. Ya I still have warranty on it 4 years left. Its a great laptop and all except for the one speaker jack :S. I do not feel like giving it to them and waiting 8 weeks until I get it back. Anyway I downloaded some drivers but I do not think they will work because the problem is that it is not even recognizing the jack when I plug it in. But I will see. I guess.
    whats the interval of 1/mower? lnmower... heh
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •