Notices
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Every internet site explored remains stored in any zone of the computer's memory?

  1. #1 Every internet site explored remains stored in any zone of the computer's memory? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Hi
    I would like to ask if every site explored remains in any zone of the memory, even if the internet records are deleted routinely.

    Some people call them: internet temporary files.Temporary file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Which remains stored in cache memory.


    Im wondering if a hacker could have access to all of them. Thru facebook, or the e-mail.

    thanks


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Im wondering if a qualified person could get access to the whole list of internet adress of one guy, in orden to incriminate him


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    any suggestions? i didnt find any in the internet. a conspiracy? je je je do something witchy!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Your browser will store various things such as your browsing history, a copy of visited pages, cookies, etc. This is mainly to make the browser faster and easier to use. In most browsers there are options to delete these when you exit the browser. There are usually also options to prevent the information being stored. But if you turn off cookies, for example, then you won't be able to login to sites (such as this forum).

    This information should only be accessible to someone actually using the computer but there are various vulnerabilities found in operating systems, browsers and other software that can allow someone else to access your computer remotely without you knowing. Always make sure you keep all software up to date and have anti-virus/spyware software installed.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

    This information should only be accessible to someone actually using the computer but there are various vulnerabilities found in operating systems, browsers and other software that can allow someone else to access your computer remotely without you knowing. Always make sure you keep all software up to date and have anti-virus/spyware software installed.
    The pc recommend me to activate my Windows Defender screener. I did, and no virus, spyware, etc was fund.
    My Malwarebyte's-Anti-malware (the antivirus included in the software pack) didnt find malicious things.
    Which are the best anti for this purpose?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    This information should only be accessible to someone actually using the computer but there are various vulnerabilities found in operating systems, browsers and other software that can allow someone else to access your computer remotely without you knowing. Always make sure you keep all software up to date and have anti-virus/spyware software installed.
    Better delete the internet temporaries? or using InPrivate is enought?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98
    If other person can launch a program (read: install a virus) on your computer, then he can control your computer at higher extent than you.

    There is no solution that gives 100% security. But there are plenty of ways to make your computing secure enough.

    Describe you situation and we'll try to find a sufficiently secure solution for you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Only 1 friend in facebook. My computer is in a LAN, intercontected with another 2. Emails subscribed to many forums. An advice appears, often, recommending the creation of a security seal for my emails, ....every security seal i create, deletes passed some days.
    In my windows explorer appears:Bluehost cPanel, Webmail Login, bluehost.com, among other strange adresses
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98
    Facebook account and subscription to forums can't do any direct harm.

    If your PC is connected to just one another computer it makes sense to investigate it as well.

    Proposal to create a "security seal" probably comes from some antivirus. Investigate it! Update antivirus definitions.

    Remember, having an antivirus with outdated definitions is worse than going without AV at all.

    If it's a paid product and your subscription has already expired, deal with it (prolong it, buy another product, install some free antivirus). Before installing another product, uninstall your current AV.

    Be careful, now there are many rogue antivirus suites. Their names may sound similar to legitimate AVs.

    If these strange addresses appear in history and nobody visits these sites, that's a bad thing. Your PC is probably infected.

    If they are in bookmarks, it's not that bad. Many hardware vendors include advertisements into their drivers.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bezoar View Post
    Im wondering if a hacker could have access to all of them. Thru facebook, or the e-mail.

    thanks
    If a hacker gets access to your computer, yes, he can access the temporary files too. What can also happen is that a site redirects content from another site that it suspects you have cached, and then measured the time you need to load it. If you load quickly you load from cache and have visited the site. If you need more time, you haven't.

    But I don't really see how this belongs in a science forum, I am sure you could have answered this yourself if you googled.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasW View Post
    Facebook account and subscription to forums can't do any direct harm.

    If your PC is connected to just one another computer it makes sense to investigate it as well.

    Proposal to create a "security seal" probably comes from some antivirus. Investigate it! Update antivirus definitions.

    Remember, having an antivirus with outdated definitions is worse than going without AV at all.

    If it's a paid product and your subscription has already expired, deal with it (prolong it, buy another product, install some free antivirus). Before installing another product, uninstall your current AV.

    Be careful, now there are many rogue antivirus suites. Their names may sound similar to legitimate AVs.

    If these strange addresses appear in history and nobody visits these sites, that's a bad thing. Your PC is probably infected.

    If they are in bookmarks, it's not that bad. Many hardware vendors include advertisements into their drivers.
    thanks BlasW

    Which free antivirus are safe? How i know it will not ruin my PC?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98
    Peek anyone from listed here: Free AntiVirus Software and Free Online Virus Scanning Services (thefreecountry.com)

    I used to use Avira (on Windows 98) some 6 years ago. Nowadays AVG and avast! are popular. From what I know Microsoft provides its own free rudimentary antivirus.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    690
    There is no way to stop it if the virus is made right it cannot be protected against
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Microsoft Security Essentials is actually very good. I have it installed on all my systems. I have used AVG Free before and it is much better than it used to be.

    You should also find out if your bank provides free subscriptions to antivirus software. Then you'll get the whole paid product for free. The South African banks all offer free solutions. Not sure about internationally though.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    409
    BlasW, i cant afford a repairation service, if that free antivirus infects my PC, it will be out of order 6 months at least



    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Microsoft Security Essentials is actually very good. I have it installed on all my systems. I have used AVG Free before and it is much better than it used to be.

    You should also find out if your bank provides free subscriptions to antivirus software. Then you'll get the whole paid product for free. The South African banks all offer free solutions. Not sure about internationally though.
    Were is the option M. Security Essentials? The only i find is Windows Defender.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    98
    Nobody can grant you 100% safe service operations with your computer. But if you'll obey some simple rules, everything will be ok in 99% of cases.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Fractal memory stored in the genes
    By Theoryofrelativity in forum Pseudoscience
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 26th, 2014, 06:15 AM
  2. internet site idea
    By An inconvenient lie in forum Computer Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM
  3. Possible human remains
    By WVBIG in forum Criminology and Forensic Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 20th, 2009, 03:55 PM
  4. Photographic memory (Eidetic memory)
    By blue_space87 in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 28th, 2009, 02:13 AM
  5. Science fiction that remains to be written
    By 33 in forum Science-Fiction and Non-Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •