Notices
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 131 of 131
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Is there insect on the mosquito ?

  1. #101  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    i just post and show what the modern science agrees with " the quran"
    Except in the case of plate tectonics and mountains where it appears to say almost exactly the opposite of reality.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    62
    "strange" tactonics , mountains , this quesions for you!!, the movements of areas and the mountains also mentioned in " quran" when the world was thinking that the areas and the earth is a flat on a bull horn.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    62
    there 'are other facts but i'll not talk about it, cause you will say that i'm crazy and liar and stupid idiot and "rubbish" as mr genius duck said before
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    62
    btw please some one tell me how to cancel or delete my comments ....please
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    "strange" tactonics , mountains , this quesions for you!!, the movements of areas and the mountains also mentioned in " quran" when the world was thinking that the areas and the earth is a flat on a bull horn.
    Well, I don't know what the Quran (*) says, apart from the bits you have posted. They say that mountains stop the continents moving. Which is the exact opposite of the truth. If there is another part of the Quran that says the continents move and create mountains then perhaps you should have quoted that instead.

    And obviously the Quran would say the world is round. That was general knowledge for thousands of years.

    (*) Shouldn't you show a little respect and at least use a capital letter for the Book even if you have no respect for your readers
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    i think i told that these are my last words" the truth is not afraid of search" and i didn't talk about religion
    So the Quran is nothing to do with religion?

    i feel bad cause this is a science forum, and i didn't find any good discussion
    Maybe if you posted something about science you'd get a "good discussion".
    Maybe if you linked to something other than lies you'd get a "good discussion".
    Maybe if you made an effort to learn, instead of sticking to a pre-existing religious belief, you'd get a "good discussion".,

    i'm not here to preach anyone
    Claiming the Quran holds scientific knowledge, especially scientific knowledge that couldn't have been available at the time is preaching.

    i know the religion don't need any evidences from sciences to make it true
    There is no evidence that makes religion true.

    i just post and show what the modern science agrees with " the quran" not for me for you.
    But it doesn't.
    Modern science shows that the Quran is wrong.
    hamri abdelkhalek likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    btw please some one tell me how to cancel or delete my comments ....please
    IMO, you haven't posted anything that would require deleting.
    You believe what you posted; there's nothing you posted that would be embarrassing for a Muslim to post, is there?

    Anyway, to answer your question: no - there is no way to delete posts.
    You could edit them to say something different - but that won't change what is quoted in other people's posts.
    hamri abdelkhalek likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    i just post and show what the modern science agrees with " the quran" not for me for you.
    But it doesn't.
    Modern science shows that the Quran is wrong.

    Even if the Quran contains some phrases which are demonstrated to be true by modern science, that does not imply that modern science agrees with everything that the Quran says.
    Accuracy on a few points does not imply overall accuracy.

    Furthermore, I do not understand why one would bring up a religious book to show that it gives a scientific explanation for a phenomenon.
    The Quran is not a science book; it is book of faith:

    "This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah - Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]."


    (Al-Baqarah (2:2-4), SIT)
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    "strange" tactonics , mountains , this quesions for you!!, the movements of areas and the mountains also mentioned in " quran" when the world was thinking that the areas and the earth is a flat on a bull horn.
    Well, I don't know what the Quran (*) says, apart from the bits you have posted. They say that mountains stop the continents moving. Which is the exact opposite of the truth. If there is another part of the Quran that says the continents move and create mountains then perhaps you should have quoted that instead.

    And obviously the Quran would say the world is round. That was general knowledge for thousands of years.

    (*) Shouldn't you show a little respect and at least use a capital letter for the Book even if you have no respect for your readers
    i respect the book and i respect myself and you also
    but i don't have to write anything again
    whatever what i will write to you 'll say " lie" and "not correct" and " false" and "preaching"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    but surely you where people with a scientific bent on this forum come from ?
    science has done all the hard work in figuring out how things work, and then you come along and claim that it's been forestalled by about a thousand years or more, but in a way that wasn't very clear at the time and subsequently needs a lot of post hoc re-interpretation to retrofit a passage from a book to the current state of scientific knowledge

    it's a bit like you make a massive discovery, only for someone in the room to say that they've already thought of that a long time ago but hadn't bothered telling anyone - and then using an obscure passage from their diary to prove the point
    people have felt miffed for less
    hamri abdelkhalek likes this.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR View Post
    but surely you where people with a scientific bent on this forum come from ?
    science has done all the hard work in figuring out how things work, and then you come along and claim that it's been forestalled by about a thousand years or more, but in a way that wasn't very clear at the time and subsequently needs a lot of post hoc re-interpretation to retrofit a passage from a book to the current state of scientific knowledge

    it's a bit like you make a massive discovery, only for someone in the room to say that they've already thought of that a long time ago but hadn't bothered telling anyone - and then using an obscure passage from their diary to prove the point
    people have felt miffed for less
    thnks.....neat.
    in the name of god, the most gracious,the most merciful"It is He who revealed to you the Book. Some of its verses are definitive; they are the foundation of the Book, and others are unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation, they follow the unspecific part, seeking descent, and seeking to derive an interpretation. But none knows its interpretation except God and those firmly rooted in knowledge say, “We believe in it; all is from our Lord.” But none recollects except those with understanding." 3-the family of imran-7-
    Last edited by hamri abdelkhalek; October 3rd, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    It is He who revealed to you the Book
    Unsupported belief.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    why you guys insult this guy? I saw all the debate. I disagree that this is the correct place for it, but you all should treat him gently. The picture is so clear " You don't agree, You hate, then You Insult". Let him tell whatever he wants, then you can consider or ignore and move on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Now. Can any one pls tell me (away from any religion) if there are creatures that can live above the mosquito??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Now. Can any one pls tell me (away from any religion) if there are creatures that can live above the mosquito??
    This sentence doesn't make any sense, could you rephrase it please?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for consideration. My question is " did the science prove that any type of creatures like insects or whatever can live on mosquito body?" if it did, how this tinny thing can survive and feeds itself? and why it choose the mosquito and nothing else? and how it comes to the mosquito's body?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Thanks for consideration. My question is " did the science prove that any type of creatures like insects or whatever can live on mosquito body?" if it did, how this tinny thing can survive and feeds itself? and why it choose the mosquito and nothing else? and how it comes to the mosquito's body?
    Study of the mosquito species shows there are parasites (mostly nematodes and the like) which use mosquitoes as part of their life cycle. Size is really not relevant in this matter.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,479
    I don't know if this fits your "insects or whatever" category, but there are a large number of viruses and other pathogens that can infect mosquitoes. Probably the most well known is malaria.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Mosquito Parasites/Parasitoids Include…
    • Bacteria
    • Protozoans
    • Nematodes
    • Mites
    • Pseudoscorpions
    http://www.gamosquito.org/resources/.../Blackmore.pdf
    Strange likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I don't know if this fits your "insects or whatever" category, but there are a large number of viruses and other pathogens that can infect mosquitoes. Probably the most well known is malaria.
    Yes it fits. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Mosquito Parasites/Parasitoids Include…
    • Bacteria
    • Protozoans
    • Nematodes
    • Mites
    • Pseudoscorpions
    http://www.gamosquito.org/resources/.../Blackmore.pdf
    This definitely is very helpful. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Thanks for consideration. My question is " did the science prove that any type of creatures like insects or whatever can live on mosquito body?" if it did, how this tinny thing can survive and feeds itself? and why it choose the mosquito and nothing else? and how it comes to the mosquito's body?
    Study of the mosquito species shows there are parasites (mostly nematodes and the like) which use mosquitoes as part of their life cycle. Size is really not relevant in this matter.
    I got it. Thank you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,479
    That almost makes me feel sorry for mosquitoes...
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    That almost makes me feel sorry for mosquitoes...
    Think of it this way; when you kill a mosquito, you get the benefit of killing all those other things as well.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    215
    This... is really hard to read. I mean the posts by hamri abdelkhalek. Kudos to anyone who did <_<
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    This... is really hard to read. I mean the posts by hamri abdelkhalek. Kudos to anyone who did <_<

    I suspect that English is not his first language.
    Not everyone is well-versed about the English language, especially if it is not your native language.

    And to be honest, he was understandable enough for the other members,
    given the fact that they were able to formulate counterarguments.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    215
    I'm not saying he was hard to understand, and it's obvious that it's not his first language... but it is nonetheless very hard to read. The fact that they went through the effort to read and reply shows great merit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128 Commenting on the verse 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hamri abdelkhalek View Post
    well...i dont know how to tell you that with english....cause i did'nt read the english version of quran before.... i'll search about it and write it here ....in the arabic version there are a sentence the god tell in it that he's not ashamed to give us an example, to believe that he's the mastermind of everything in the universe and the example with a small thing" the mosquito and what living above it" i 'll read the english translation of quran and write the sentence here
    "Indeed, Allah is not timid to present an example - that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allah intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient,"

    (Al-Baqarah (2:26), SIT)
    Actually the arabic context of the verse should be translated like this "Indeed ALLAH is not ashamed to give an example of a mosquito and what is smaller upon it" The reason why this verse was revealed is that God spoke of the spider before the mosquito and people made fun out of it in a verse translated is like this "An example of the Female spider, building her home" 1400 years ago no one really understood why would someone speak about a female spider building her home (which i actually found out that the black widow most likely build her home), so they laughed at it then the mosquito verse was revealed that God would give an example of a mosquito and whatever is smaller upon it, and to let you all know something I was searching if there was something on a mosquito because of this verse and I ended up here which is perfectly putting me on the right track of what I read. Thank you =)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by serag View Post
    Actually the arabic context of the verse should be translated like this "Indeed ALLAH is not ashamed to give an example of a mosquito and what is smaller upon it" The reason why this verse was revealed is that God spoke of the spider before the mosquito and people made fun out of it in a verse translated is like this "An example of the Female spider, building her home" 1400 years ago no one really understood why would someone speak about a female spider building her home (which i actually found out that the black widow most likely build her home), so they laughed at it then the mosquito verse was revealed that God would give an example of a mosquito and whatever is smaller upon it, and to let you all know something I was searching if there was something on a mosquito because of this verse and I ended up here which is perfectly putting me on the right track of what I read. Thank you =)

    I have checked your explanation concerning the spider and it seems that you are correct
    (cf. the English Translation of the Holy Quran with Commentary by Maulana Mohammed Ali).
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Professor Zwolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    That almost makes me feel sorry for mosquitoes...
    Think of it this way; when you kill a mosquito, you get the benefit of killing all those other things as well.
    Actually. if you just squash it, you get all of those little critters on your hand. I kinda find mosquito's alone bad enough. Now when one stings me, i will think about all the other nematodes, mites and protozoa that may have seen my skin up close now, and may even have landed on there.

    Nope, nope, nope, nope.. We need more of these lasers...



    Can't get enough of these lasers.. Wish we could install them outside, inside, everywhere..
    Growing up, i marveled at star-trek's science, and ignored the perfect society. Now, i try to ignore their science, and marvel at the society.

    Imagine, being able to create matter out of thin air, and not coming up with using drones for boarding hostile ships. Or using drones to defend your own ship. Heck, using drones to block energy attacks, counterattack or for surveillance. Unless, of course, they are nano-machines in your blood, which is a billion times more complex..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Quote Originally Posted by serag View Post
    "An example of the Female spider, building her home" 1400 years ago no one really understood why would someone speak about a female spider building her home
    Why not? It doesn't take much to observe a spider spinning a web, and if she has spiderlings with her, she's female.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: June 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM
  2. Mosquito question
    By Fozzie in forum Biology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 05:05 AM
  3. Fungal spores to control malaria mosquito
    By skeptic in forum Biology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM
  4. Insect
    By thyristor in forum Biology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
  5. Which Insect ?_?
    By Yash in forum Biology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •