Notices
Results 1 to 52 of 52

Thread: Evolution is dangerous. And also the biggest lie ever!

  1. #1 Evolution is dangerous. And also the biggest lie ever! 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    That's right. Christianity, Islam and other religions aren't the reason for terrorism and all these wars in the last 100 years. It's evolution. Evolution makes little children kill their classmates and parents. If evolution wouldn't be "made up" by certain "evil people" there wouldn't have been a WWI or II.

    Ofcourse everyone that has the ability to think logically knows the above is complete b*llsh*t. The people at the Family 7 tv-channel don't.

    Watch the next video.

    Try to watch it completely. Maybe it'll make you laugh, maybe it'll make you cry. It made me do both.

    I really recommend the part after the 5th minute.

    The dangers of evolution


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Thank you for the link caveman. I took some time to post this as I was occupied in clearing up the vomit generated by Hovind's gross, immoral, indeed I have to say evil, distortion of the facts. His smug complacency coupled with his gross manipulation of data and his distortion of logic are an affront to humanity.

    You say it made you laugh and cry. It made me do neither: my dichotomy of reaction was to be sick and to be enraged. Because, for the most part, we do not have to tolerate this insanity in Europe, I have tended to be dismissive of its importance. This video has helped crystallise a growing awareness that these people are dangerous and must be fought.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    gardengrove California
    Posts
    138
    wierd
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    I saw the word "Hovind" in the tab before anything loaded and simply clicked the little red "x" getting rid of it forever. My immediate thought was: "too bad it isn't as easy to get rid of Hovind."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Guest
    My computer refused to even start downloading it!

    Religion is NOT the reason for war, but it IS very often the excuse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    68
    Hovind, like the bible, is not a credible source.

    He got his degree at a degree-mill, and his arguments have either basic logic flaws or are a shallow look at well-known, FORMER misconceptions.

    To tell you the truth, I have watched all of Hovind's materials available on YouTube (lectures and debates and other misc. gathered material), and have yet to isolate a logically stable, current argument which actually goes against the theory of evolution (he does make logically stable, current arguments, but they are usually misinterpreted as anti-evolution facts when that is not the intent and it is indeed a linguistic flaw).

    As for the bible, all I'm going to say is that it may be infallible in matters of faith, but as for science there are some blatently wrong statements (bats =/= birds...in the bible, bats are implied to be birds in food laws).

    -Ajain
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Senior silkworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    337
    It's unfortunate that things like these show up in science forums. Hovind is nothing more than a conman, and he's been busted for it, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/...607140333/1006

    I'm sure evolution made him do it.
    "I would as soon vomit over him as buy him a hamburger."-Ophiolite about Richard Dawkins

    Read my blog about my experiences defending science here!http://silkworm.wordpress.com/

    http://www.sciencechatforum.comScience/Philosophy Chat Forum Moderator
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hubli
    Posts
    10
    A stupid, wierd and unbelivable thought and for your information RELIGION is not the cause of war. the reasons are some senseless, human beings
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    I do not even bother to listen to material such as what you posted. For the longest time I debated evolution with apologists, of course, to no avail. Then one day I was searching for information on early Cambrian Arthropods and I noticed that when I did a Google search using a scientific term, it returned almost no creationist websites, but if I searched for something known to the common person, say Natural Selection, I received a plethora of Christian sites. The fact that creationists are inconceivably ignorant of the processes of evolution was not a new fact to me, but the search results confirmed it. The next time a creationist wants to argue evolution with you ask him to describe the difference between allopatric and sympatric speciation, if he can't, walk off.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Guest
    I finally got to watch [some of] the Video and decided there was only one thing missing - canned laughter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by housejohnson
    The fact that creationists are inconceivably ignorant of the processes of evolution was not a new fact to me, but the search results confirmed it. The next time a creationist wants to argue evolution with you ask him to describe the difference between allopatric and sympatric speciation, if he can't, walk off.
    Excellent observation.

    Even better recommendation. 8)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Guest
    Well, my one post for a while now! This is just so utterly rediculas I can't stop laughing. the world wars thus far have been centered around religion. Moreso the futher back you go, especially among the ancient, no, wait, CURRENT semetic peoples. Overall, I agree with the other posters. This "source" you've provided has distorted the facts to such a horrible point it's not WORTH directly replying to anything it says on that website.

    Overall, atheists don't exactly start wars (or ever have) just for their own beliefs. Debate wars? Maybe. All out blind belief blood-bath dragging on wars? Not really!

    I also agree with housejohnson there. Almost so much it's scary. Especially since I've ended up debating over it with everyone from yahoo's to my father to, of course, no avail.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Guest
    Could any religious person answer the following questions;

    1) If all the religious people in the world were slaughtered how would your God react?

    2) Why does God keep ALL the most religious countries in the world as the poorest, most hardworking,backward, highest infant mortality etc etc ?

    3) Why is there dust on rocks on moons orbiting planets around stars in other galaxies?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    May I remind everyone that this thread is about the ridiculous anti-evolution posturing of Kenneth Hovind. Interesting as the discussion of religion as the cause of war may be, this is not the thread for it. Lets try to get back on track.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Guest
    Maybe because it evolved into something else it just looks like a lie?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19
    Steven Weinberg said it well when he said: "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bath, UK
    Posts
    77
    That video was hilarious but it's scary when you think how many ignorant people believe him. After a while the I had to stop the video as I went from laughing to getting really angry with the crap that guy was saying.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Guest
    Lucky, take it from a guy who got Cysts thanks to so many online debates (and a sore throat from real life ones), it's always fun and games until you break the Stupidity limit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Guest
    I think ALL the religions of the world should be fused into one giant nulceus.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    I think ALL the religions of the world should be fused into one giant nulceus.
    So you view religions as eukaryotic rather than prokayotic? What would you see as the philosophical equivalent of a non-nuclear prokaryote?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    I think ALL the religions of the world should be fused into one giant nulceus.
    So you view religions as eukaryotic rather than prokayotic? What would you see as the philosophical equivalent of a non-nuclear prokaryote?
    I believe I indicated upon joining that my knowledge of biology was limited. Gven that, and the constant battle of trying to convince the grim reaper I am no longer at this address, the need to simultaneously consider and balance the meanings two words not used every day, there is every chance that in the ---- what was the question?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Being well aware that you did not have much background in biology, but also an interest in learning, I thought this little aside might prompt you into the next stage of your education.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Junior Powerdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    270
    It's the first time I hear that : the evolution let people commiting crime.
    The evolution is the root of racism.

    Fantastic : racism existed way before Darwin made it's theory. Our great man seems to have forgotten this detail.

    Einstein was right : there is two things wich are infinite : space and human idiocy, for the first one I am not sure.

    What made me really angry, is that childrens are obliged to listen to this crap.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Guest
    I can't rant enough, really, to cover this moron. However I'll prove a point by using his own bible.

    "adding up the dates in the bible you will get about 6,000 years old" (age of the earth).

    Right. Everybody, if you please, pick up your bibles and add together from the very _start_ of creation to present day. 5,000 years of creation before humans.

    Now, if you check history, following his claim humans started around 4,000 B.C. you get something funny. The earth isn't 6,000 years old. It's 11,000 years old! 4,000 B.C. counting up to the supposed death of christ, then on to A.D. which is continuing to last upwards of 2,000 years. I'll round to the nearest thousand.

    5,000
    4,000
    + 2,000
    ----------
    11,000

    So he doesn't know his own bible?!? He, ladies and gentlemen, is probably one of those people pretending to be religious just for the money.

    But lets continue this with the supposed reign of christ (which lasts 1,000 years). This is directed at JW's or any idiot that thinks "the end is near".

    Now many of you may notice this as a JW claim. However I believe it's prevalant in almost all bibles. But using some basic math, I know when the world will end!

    1914 = supposed start of christs reign
    + 1,000 years

    1,914
    + 1,000
    ----------
    2,914
    OR
    the year 2914
    Which means we have 907 years left. Rounding up of course. Hey, whoever is the first one of you to host a doomsday clock, be sure to post it here!

    SO MUCH FOR THE END IS NEAR! Wow, I just busted the JW's continual "the end is near" claim.
    And since nobody knows the date of "end time" I'm obviously wrong. So that means the 1,000 year reign of christ isn't here.

    Or it happened already, and the 1,000 year reign is almost up. However, the only "massive" war that "fits" the prophecy are those around 1914.

    So either I know the year the world will end...or the bible is wrong. But if I know the date the world will end then the bible is wrong. but if I'm wrong then the bible is still wrong for giving inaccurate data. It's lose/lose.

    As a bonus: If I wasn't lazy I could calulate the exact second the world will end based upon the exact second the world started. I'd know exactly when it would end! Woo-hoo!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Guest
    here is something I just calculated.

    Assume a day to God is 1,000 years.

    There are 365 "days" in a year.
    Lets also assume one day is a 24 hour period.

    That would mean 365,000 years for god. Multiply 356 "days" by 11,000 and you get 4,015,000 of our "days" in 11,000 of our "years".

    How this works:

    Multiply 365 to any number.
    The number you multiply it by stands for the year.
    365 * 2 = 730 for example.
    To check what the year it is via days, divide by the number of days.

    4,015,000/365 in this case. We get 11,000 with no remainder.

    Now to calculate how long that many days are to god, we must multiply the days by 1,000 years.

    In doing so we get 4,015,000,000 years or 4.015 billion years.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html

    The generally accepted age for the Earth and the rest of the solar system is about 4.55 billion years
    Well holy shnikies, that's not far off. BUT I forgot...leap years! Allow me to quickly recalculate based on a solar calender rather than current ones.

    4,020,500 days in a year assuming solar year was always 365.5 (thats 365½, and the solar year wasn't always that).

    multiply by 1,000 years.

    4,020,500,000 or 4.020. I'm still short. I of course ignored an obvious rule about leap years, but that was to prove a point.

    so according to the timeline or the bible, god has existed about 4,015,000,000 since creation (thats 4.015 billion years)
    And according to evolution and dating methods the earth is about 4.55 billion years old. It's very close. Perhaps...the EARTH IS GOD! *GASP!*

    I just found mathematical grounds to believe the bible thinks the earth is god?

    P.S: the first person to actually read all the way through both posts gets a prize.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    107
    at 20 mins 50 seconds he contradicts THE BIBLE LOL LOL

    "The sun was not created before the earth"

    What's the first thing that the creationist god created?

    was it Light? or was it Earth?

    hmm


    He's not only glancing over, mixing up and making up 'science theories', he's even doing it to the biblical cronology of events! Geesh!

    His universe is about as big as the solar system it so seems.


    Edit:

    WHAT THE?
    He does things to the Constitution which are nortie
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    M
    M is offline
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    282
    I don't see why you're all getting so upset? After reading some comments about the video I don't think it's worth my time to even look at it.

    The fact that a worm does not know anything about evolution does not keep it from evolving.

    Call me arrogant, and I'll be proud. Those "people" just don't deserve the attention they seem to get.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Freshman Draculogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    76
    sometimes you have to give them attention, by having our beliefs challenged, and refuting those challenges, our faith in what we believe becomes stronger. i'm certain that by watching and listening to this guy, a lot of people think about what he says and see how stupid it is. I attempt to mentally challenge everything he says(and always win)and by doing this i acquire a greater understanding. Those who do believe him, well they don't matter, they're jsut a step lower on the evolutionary ladder
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    107
    Theres a couple of places where he outright lies. Or changes between one thing and it's opposite so quickly that he suggests that the two are the same thing. And of course he states that the world is 6000 years old as if it were an irrefutable fact that we should all know. And he often suggests the age of the earth and big bang theory are the same as the theory of evolution. Not to mention telling us of the evil of the worlds worst athiest, Hitler. (oops hitler wasn't athiest? well we'll just lie about it then attack the lie)

    over 90% of his generalized sweeping statements have no evidence implied... and all of his attacks on science are based on his generalized sweeping statements.

    The universe as he sees it was put together like a giant jigsaw puzzle by magic by god, the Earth existing before the sun, stated as fact without any physical evidence to back it up at all (and no biblical evidence either by the way... except for one vague explination that god was floating above the waters before he said "let there be light", and if this is true, god didnt create "The waters"... this connundrum is not even mentioned simply his "fact" that earth existed before the sun)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Wow that guy is pretty retarted.
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Guest
    Awe, and nobody bothers to notice my mathematics. Damn you all!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    I dint have time to read all posts.
    but,

    Evolution is the reason we are here. Its not a theory, it is the truth.
    Dictator could have used this, but it dont make it evil, they use it as evil as an exuse for killing jews (hitler was an evil bastard) just like bush takes Saddam as an exuse for starting a war (he makes is poketmoney with it).
    I was baptized a Roman Catholic. meaning i beleve in god.
    How can you deny god making the universe as it is evolution our planet? You insult god insutch a way it hurts! obscenity removed
    I dont instult people allot, but in youre helpless case i hope you know what i mean.

    (and i dont mean what i wrote but "(edited for obscenity" that part)
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Guest
    1) your grammar is worse than mine, Zelos's, and those qur'an believers put together.
    2) You're an idiot
    3) Your insults are unwarranted, and you'll probably be warned by a mod if they see this
    4) Since you've failed to contribute to this discussion in any way shape or form that holds any meaning, I request you refrain from those actions in the future and post in a contributive non-vulgar manner.
    Preferably by the method known as "thinking before you type". Or are you absolutely incapable of processing any thoughts through that single neuron in your cranium?

    Take note, a retort isn't a vulgarly worded post. :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    1) true. Ill beat you in latin french german and italian though.
    2) negative.
    3)I haven't failed, you haven't accepted.

    4)
    There isn't anythng unappropriate in my post.
    Insulting me won't make you right, nor have you any arguments.

    cince i have put *'s you cant prove a direct insult, but guess. It want supposed to be an insult :P

    my bad grammer donst make you right, nor does it make my arguments wrong.

    saying that im ....(what ever zou are thinking of and want to post or have posted already) dont make you right and is DEFENITLY NOT AN ARGUMENT.

    if you cannot give reasons why this is in a certain manner wrong, you should not post in this topic.
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miomaz
    3)I haven't failed, you haven't accepted.
    Your only post was that. It's a failure to contribute properly, since you give no logical argument. Nor statement worth debating. Nor...anything aside from that.

    my bad grammer donst make you right, nor does it make my arguments wrong.
    What arguments? What statements? Did you read your post? You've not said anything that could even be...no, wait, one thing:
    How can you deny god making the universe as it is evolution our planet?
    That's the only thing in your illegible post that resembles an "argument". But it's still not worth replying to because you don't even give reason to debate it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    Well holy shnikies, that's not far off. BUT I forgot...leap years! Allow me to quickly recalculate based on a solar calender rather than current ones.

    4,020,500 days in a year assuming solar year was always 365.5 (thats 365½, and the solar year wasn't always that).

    multiply by 1,000 years.

    4,020,500,000 or 4.020. I'm still short. I of course ignored an obvious rule about leap years, but that was to prove a point.

    so according to the timeline or the bible, god has existed about 4,015,000,000 since creation (thats 4.015 billion years)
    And according to evolution and dating methods the earth is about 4.55 billion years old. It's very close. Perhaps...the EARTH IS GOD! *GASP!*

    I just found mathematical grounds to believe the bible thinks the earth is god?

    P.S: the first person to actually read all the way through both posts gets a prize.
    this is very easy to tell that this is wrong.
    1)God dont exist in time because he created the universe. We are nothing compared to him. He isnt bound to this universe, he made it. havent you read the bible?
    2)why should it be 1000years for every year in normal time??
    -----------

    Dictator could have used this, but it dont make it evil, they use it as evil as an exuse for killing jews
    this is an Argument. If you want to say that im wrong just dont point you're fingure. Quote my argument and say why you beleve this to be wrong.

    also, i havent seen any arguments from you're side of the table, none that prooves the creation story.

    why do you think that the evolution-theory is wrong? give me at lest 2 reasons, I'll be happy to correct you.

    -----------
    atlast i dont know why this topic is open, cince we all know that (accepting a few people) this creation "story" is deeply imopssible.


    This story shouldn't be taken by it word, it is symbolic of showing gods power and mercy. Why should this be symbolic???
    The most stories in the bible is symbolic:


    "god is a shepard and men are his lost sheep."
    all you people out there that think that darwin was wrong and called him ape, Im defenitly not a sheep, or other things in the bible that was or should be taken symbolic.
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miomaz
    this is very easy to tell that this is wrong.
    1)God dont exist in time because he created the universe. We are nothing compared to him. He isnt bound to this universe, he made it. havent you read the bible?
    2)why should it be 1000years for every year in normal time??
    -----------
    Your bible says it. Or if you're not religious, the KJV/etc says it.

    http://www.bibletime.com/theory/mils/explain/index.html

    Dictator could have used this, but it dont make it evil, they use it as evil as an exuse for killing jews
    'kay...what? Do you speak english? Spatnz ze engles? I'm not feeling well and I'm in no mood to decrypt that.

    *stuff you said about me being creationist*
    Wait...what? I'm an atheist. Your statements seemed more creationist. Jesus hell does anybody ever listen when I say I'm an atheist? Good god.

    Not to mention the fact that your illegibility made it almost impossible to dicern WHAT you are getting at.

    atlast i dont know why this topic is open, cince we all know that (accepting a few people) this creation "story" is deeply imopssible.
    I calculated the above to just throw some numbers on the table. I found it funny how gods time seems to almost match that of scientific dating of the earth. Similar to one claim that someone could calculate the first three digits of Pi (although I have no idea where that source is. I just heard it from someone).

    Plus, I wanted to set the record straight for "the end is near" crap and "the earth is 6,000 years old".
    Not to mention the fact I suddonly decided to calculate gods "age" since the earth supposedly began.

    And I request you try to post with some type or form of readability...I'm not too happy when someone becomes even LESS comprehendable than my posts are. I'm the standard for bad posts, live up to it!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    399
    I just actually watched pretty much all of it!!! The stuff near the end gets really extreme, like the whole Satan Vs God thing, and evolution is Satan's theory, and you've gotta pick a side and fight. The guy is deluded, he needs to be sectioned or locked up or something.

    "the stratigraphic column doesn't exist anywhere in the world", well DUH!!! "The stratigraphic column" is specific to location, you find different geology in different places, and even then there's good correlation on a large scale - like you get lots of carboniferous coals, and permian sandstones and cretaceous limestones etc.... GOD!!!
    "There's no evidence for magnetic field reversals in the ocean floor", actually there is excellent evidence, really bloody good evidence, and it's well documented, and the symmetry about the ocean ridges helped to confirm sea floor spreading. This guy needs to take a basic course in earth sciences, he's just so patronizing "that dumb idea", go read your bible and then you'll know a thing or two about dumb ideas.

    And then he attacks Islam, just out of the blue, he goes on about how they are evil and they teach that killing christians is good or something. It's just really twisted stuff.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billiards
    I just actually watched pretty much all of it!!! The stuff near the end gets really extreme, like the whole Satan Vs God thing, and evolution is Satan's theory, and you've gotta pick a side and fight. The guy is deluded, he needs to be sectioned or locked up or something.

    "the stratigraphic column doesn't exist anywhere in the world", well DUH!!! "The stratigraphic column" is specific to location, you find different geology in different places, and even then there's good correlation on a large scale - like you get lots of carboniferous coals, and permian sandstones and cretaceous limestones etc.... GOD!!!
    "There's no evidence for magnetic field reversals in the ocean floor", actually there is excellent evidence, really bloody good evidence, and it's well documented, and the symmetry about the ocean ridges helped to confirm sea floor spreading. This guy needs to take a basic course in earth sciences, he's just so patronizing "that dumb idea", go read your bible and then you'll know a thing or two about dumb ideas.

    And then he attacks Islam, just out of the blue, he goes on about how they are evil and they teach that killing christians is good or something. It's just really twisted stuff.
    Sounds like you are talking about Mr Hovind... I've sent you a PM you might like to read and please keep the contents private.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    Your bible says it. Or if you're not religious, the KJV/etc says it.
    symbolic????
    Also you cannot use the bible as proof.


    'kay...what? Do you speak english? Spatnz ze engles? I'm not feeling well and I'm in no mood to decrypt that.
    veryry sorry for my bad english.But this is not an argument.



    Wait...what? I'm an atheist. Your statements seemed more creationist. Jesus hell does anybody ever listen when I say I'm an atheist? Good god.
    I was arguing against creationists not gainst you beeing one.

    Plus, I wanted to set the record straight for "the end is near" crap and "the earth is 6,000 years old".
    Not to mention the fact I suddonly decided to calculate gods "age" since the earth supposedly began
    true.

    And I request you try to post with some type or form of readability...I'm not too happy when someone becomes even LESS comprehendable than my posts are. I'm the standard for bad posts, live up to it!
    pannig to, english isnt a easy language. also this is no argument.[/quote]
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miomaz
    Your bible says it. Or if you're not religious, the KJV/etc says it.
    symbolic????
    Also you cannot use the bible as proof.
    Proof for WHAT?
    And what do you mean symbolic?
    What?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    Code:
    the bible says, that Moses sayed 1 year in our time would be 1000 years in our time (everything else)
    this is what you claim and the internet website inclueding a theory basing on the bible beeing:
    1.not symbolic.
    2.the text wasn't changed over the years.
    -in the past people didn't have copy machines.People had to copy it by hand.
    -it was retranslated to german 15 times(luther). After that it had to be translated again into english.

    what I meant with symbolic:
    Moses didn't mean that God exists for every human year (or what you would would like to call it). He meant it to be a symbol for what god can do in such a short time. Cince he always knows what's right and has so much to think about, god should have time to do this.

    why God is not bound to somthing called "years" or "time"

    god is not bound to time because he has made the universe(he is almighty thought of every person and every atom in this universe ect.)

    time is a part of the universe (for example gravety can bend time) and since god made this he isn't effected by it in any way.


    you're question:

    Proof for WHAT?
    You wanted to prove that God exsits 1000 years for every human year. as I sayed god isn't bound to the universe God IS almighty God made the thing and we are merrely the result of Gods work, he made everything for us. (Evolution;earth;planets...)

    I dont exactly know what you still can argue about the evelution story beeing wrong, but try you're best, soon you'll see that you are wrong.
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miomaz
    Moses didn't mean that God exists for every human year (or what you would would like to call it). He meant it to be a symbol for what god can do in such a short time. Cince he always knows what's right and has so much to think about, god should have time to do this.
    I disagree with your interpretation. If it was symbolic, then why is it that other scriptures keep stating gods day is 1,000 human years? Not to mention that, in context (or didn't you look?), it's plainly obvious that he was serious. Especially since I don't really see a "this is symbolic" sign anywhere. You're just saying it is.

    why God is not bound to somthing called "years" or "time"

    god is not bound to time because he has made the universe(he is almighty thought of every person and every atom in this universe ect.)

    time is a part of the universe (for example gravety can bend time) and since god made this he isn't effected by it in any way.
    In that case, the earth was created in 6 days. That being said, all scientific dating methods are wrong and all religions based on the bible are right. But naturally we can't have this now can we?

    The main reason for religions adopting the thousand year view (aside from the single day view), is because scientific evidence sorta swamped them. Not to mention the bible supported it, so it was a logical escape for those that knew the verse. That and NO scientist or ANYBODY in general has managed to prove scientific dating methods are that incorrect. Unless I'm missing a website here that claims such a feat.

    You wanted to prove that God exsits 1000 years for every human year. as I sayed god isn't bound to the universe God IS almighty God made the thing and we are merrely the result of Gods work, he made everything for us. (Evolution;earth;planets...)

    I dont exactly know what you still can argue about the evelution story beeing wrong, but try you're best, soon you'll see that you are wrong.
    *sigh* For the zillionth time: ATHEIST. As in...EVOLUTIONIST. Although theists can be evolutionists, it's much more rare. I'm merely using the scriptures as a background for my calculations. You can argue about my interpretation until dooms day, but my calculations still hold for those bible views.
    Aside from that, your interpretations are similar to those that shout "symbolic" or "figurative" for everything that ends up proving something in the bible contradictory. I assume you shouted "symbolic" simply because my calculations proved a few bible verses incorrect. Either way, this is becomming redundant, and I am not enjoying your poor english.

    By the way, where did I say evolution was wrong? Are you blind? Or is your english just that bad? And on gods almightyness, you should read the philosophical issues with omniscience/potence. God is one big paradox.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Senior miomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    302
    I give up, you are hopeless. It is really almost impossible to prove iy to you.

    you're last post has no logic. Since you do not have any proove.
    I haven't come to fight my word, but to find the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miomaz
    I give up, you are hopeless. It is really almost impossible to prove iy to you.
    Start by learning how to spell. And write. And go back to 1st grade grammar school. You're apparently living the dellusion that you actually know what you're talking about. Presently, it's as though you're attempting to explain nuclear physics when you tlk lyk dis. its vry bud ta tlk lyk dis.

    you're last post has no logic. Since you do not have any proove.
    Wait, what? Logic = proof and proof = logic? Well so much for philosophy! Logic has been redefined and is now THROWN out the window!

    My post has logic. What you apparently mean is it lacks "proof". Except it has that as well, since it's in the bible and what I say is common sense to anybody that's studied any amount of theology.
    Your posts have been haughty, assuming, egotistical, arrogant, and all at the same time you fail basic english. How can I take merit in anything you say, when you obviously don't even understand what I am saying?

    In short, your comments hold no ground. Learn english, or go to a forum that speaks your language. I wont deal with people that can't communicate properly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4
    What about this Anthony Flew? What's happened to him in his old age?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47 creationists 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6
    My favorite response to creationists who love saying "well, evolution is just a theory" is well god is JUST a theory. Oh course god is not even a postulate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48 I believe in knowing one's enemy, 
    j
    j is offline
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    431
    but this is really tedious, rather like an infomercial for a real-estate investment seminar. How long does this go on? Is anything ever said?

    I've got as far as 'Hilter ... Stalin ... [and] PolPot ... honestly thought they were doing the world a favor.'

    If I don't learn something from this video, I am going get really angry.

    I gave up at 26 minutes. Reading the USP is less boring.
    Why do they want us to believe Conspiracy Theories?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Guest
    You'll learn a few things.

    (a) people will believe anything an idiot tells them
    (b) you've wasted your time
    (c) the smarter people here only wasted 10 minutes of their time on the video
    (d) creationists like that must be nuked

    oh yes and
    (e) You learn how CRAZY and inaccurate people can make claims.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    j
    j is offline
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    431
    Snarky little cuss, aren't you?

    I really do believe in knowing one's enemy [as did Gould], so since the link had been posted here, I thought I might learn something.

    Well, I didn't, and I wish I had wasted the time playing Zuma instead.

    There wasn't even any reasoning to refute, it was just preaching to the choir.

    I was reminded of something very important; if you want people to believe a lie, just say it often with an off-hand confidence.
    Why do they want us to believe Conspiracy Theories?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j
    Snarky little cuss, aren't you?
    Yup, that's me. ^-^
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52 .. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    47
    Id like to believe what he says. It would be soo much easier to be stupid.
    What i wonder though, why is it 'all these people' all speak the same?

    Funny how hes attempting to 'disprove evolution' and he still has time for jokes.

    I have no doubt that hes smart or cunning or something but hes missing something.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •