Notices
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Lion/tiger/cat's eyes

  1. #1 Lion/tiger/cat's eyes 
    Forum Freshman izumabakumatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orgone Society
    Posts
    15
    Now, I know this is just a simple question but does anyone remember the exact name of that special structure/trait/thingy in a cat's eyes that makes their eyes go shiny in the dark. I just remember that it reflects lights that misses the receptors for a 2nd scan on the receptors.


    Wormgate, Solar Sail, Antimatter Generator, Tachyon Coated-steel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29
    http://www.agarman.dial.pipex.com/bco/fact4.htm

    This link gives a reasonable answer.


    Science is a mountain of theories based on a molehill of facts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman izumabakumatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orgone Society
    Posts
    15
    Thank you. Cytosine 21. That really helped me.
    Wormgate, Solar Sail, Antimatter Generator, Tachyon Coated-steel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: Lion/tiger/cat's eyes 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nirgendwo und Ueberall
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by izumabakumatsu
    Now, I know this is just a simple question but does anyone remember the exact name of that special structure/trait/thingy in a cat's eyes that makes their eyes go shiny in the dark. I just remember that it reflects lights that misses the receptors for a 2nd scan on the receptors.
    It's called the tapetum lucidum. Cats dogs, raccoons and strepsirhine primates all have a tapetum lucidum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Lion/tiger/cat's eyes 
    Forum Freshman izumabakumatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orgone Society
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by gottspieler
    Quote Originally Posted by izumabakumatsu
    Now, I know this is just a simple question but does anyone remember the exact name of that special structure/trait/thingy in a cat's eyes that makes their eyes go shiny in the dark. I just remember that it reflects lights that misses the receptors for a 2nd scan on the receptors.
    It's called the tapetum lucidum. Cats dogs, raccoons and strepsirhine primates all have a tapetum lucidum.
    So... I was wondering, what would happen if a human has a tepetum lucidum???
    Wormgate, Solar Sail, Antimatter Generator, Tachyon Coated-steel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Lion/tiger/cat's eyes 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nirgendwo und Ueberall
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by izumabakumatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by gottspieler
    Quote Originally Posted by izumabakumatsu
    Now, I know this is just a simple question but does anyone remember the exact name of that special structure/trait/thingy in a cat's eyes that makes their eyes go shiny in the dark. I just remember that it reflects lights that misses the receptors for a 2nd scan on the receptors.
    It's called the tapetum lucidum. Cats dogs, raccoons and strepsirhine primates all have a tapetum lucidum.
    So... I was wondering, what would happen if a human has a tepetum lucidum???
    Idk..why don't you write a cheest Sci-Fi novel about it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •