Notices
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: DUH

  1. #1 DUH 
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2008020...0b0437e_3.html


    What spirtiual truths knew aeons ago science can only fathom out now.

    What as waste of time, as though its going to change anything now

    AMEN


    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    I have often found, from experience, that sadness and low self esteem is constrictive and crushing. Which is probably the reason for this self-focus.

    Your problems become magnified and overwhelming and become concentrated on the self.

    When i had depression i never went shopping! I used to stay in to save everyone from my wrath or insanity and read self help books!

    I have friends who buy designer clothes and gadgets and relish the fact it cost loads of money. Like a badge of honour. They tell me with glee, because they know i think they are nuts wasting their money!
    I have a wardrobe full of designer clothes brought for a pittance from charity shops.

    It has always struck me that a price tag is very much interlinked with self-esteem.

    Funnily enough when i began having exhibitions and selling my artwork, i was told many times, by business experts, not to price my work too low. Ironically in this field the bigger the price tag the more likely it will sell!
    That's because people wanted a piece of work on their walls that they could brag to their friends how much it cost, and the more the better!

    Funny how the way we are feeling inside can make us behave so bizzarely.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    I have often found, from experience, that sadness and low self esteem is constrictive and crushing. Which is probably the reason for this self-focus.

    Your problems become magnified and overwhelming and become concentrated on the self.
    .
    That depends on what self your focussed on ..



    Good is always right

    Right is never wrong

    The unkown is uncertain

    And certainly long
    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    I have often found, from experience, that sadness and low self esteem is constrictive and crushing. Which is probably the reason for this self-focus.

    Your problems become magnified and overwhelming and become concentrated on the self.
    .
    That depends on what self your focussed on ..



    Good is always right

    Right is never wrong

    The unkown is uncertain

    And certainly long

    Ever heard the expression when a person is 'wrapped up in themselves'

    This is usually the case when people are suffering depression or a thought is obsessing them, which is often the case in depression.

    Opposite to this is an embracing expansive outlook which comes with positive thinking.

    Do you often talk to others in riddles only you can understand?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    Ever heard the expression when a person is 'wrapped up in themselves'

    This is usually the case when people are suffering depression or a thought is obsessing them, which is often the case in depression.

    Opposite to this is an embracing expansive outlook which comes with positive thinking.

    Do you often talk to others in riddles only you can understand?
    On the contrary , there are many who would pick up on what I am saying as obvious as pie.

    You miss the point entirely like most do , until they no longer see themselves at all.

    The wrapping up as you put is a warning sign from the mind struggling to cope in way it can not - hence why it is " wrapped up in itself " .

    Live your Myth..
    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Ever heard the expression when a person is 'wrapped up in themselves'

    This is usually the case when people are suffering depression or a thought is obsessing them, which is often the case in depression.

    Opposite to this is an embracing expansive outlook which comes with positive thinking.

    Do you often talk to others in riddles only you can understand?
    On the contrary , there are many who would pick up on what I am saying as obvious as pie.

    You miss the point entirely like most do , until they no longer see themselves at all.

    The wrapping up as you put is a warning sign from the mind struggling to cope in way it can not - hence why it is " wrapped up in itself " .

    Live your Myth..
    Oh i see we have yet another psycho babbler on the forum who sulks when nobody understands his/her psycho riddles.

    You totally misconstrued anything i said and i've noted on threads it's not just me you misunderstand or babble to.

    Still you are young you are forgiven for being embroilled in fantasy and illusion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Ever heard the expression when a person is 'wrapped up in themselves'

    This is usually the case when people are suffering depression or a thought is obsessing them, which is often the case in depression.

    Opposite to this is an embracing expansive outlook which comes with positive thinking.

    Do you often talk to others in riddles only you can understand?
    On the contrary , there are many who would pick up on what I am saying as obvious as pie.

    You miss the point entirely like most do , until they no longer see themselves at all.

    The wrapping up as you put is a warning sign from the mind struggling to cope in way it can not - hence why it is " wrapped up in itself " .

    Live your Myth..
    Oh i see we have yet another psycho babbler on the forum who sulks when nobody understands his/her psycho riddles.

    You totally misconstrued anything i said and i've noted on threads it's not just me you misunderstand or babble to.

    Still you are young you are forgiven for being embroilled in fantasy and illusion.

    If you knew , there would be no need to ask, instead of projecting your own fears back.


    :wink:
    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes
    " I never resist temptation,because I have found things that are bad for me do not tempt me "

    8)
    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes
    " I never resist temptation,because I have found things that are bad for me do not tempt me "

    8)
    Many things can be bad for you, like self administering drugs say like eugenol could be really bad for you as well as psychotropic drugs, which can send you a bit nuts
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    33
    33 is offline
    Forum Sophomore 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes
    " I never resist temptation,because I have found things that are bad for me do not tempt me "

    8)
    Many things can be bad for you, like self administering drugs say like eugenol could be really bad for you as well as psychotropic drugs, which can send you a bit nuts
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes

    - esp when that email address you used is not right

    :wink:
    "When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes
    " I never resist temptation,because I have found things that are bad for me do not tempt me "

    8)
    Many things can be bad for you, like self administering drugs say like eugenol could be really bad for you as well as psychotropic drugs, which can send you a bit nuts
    What a shame you waste valuable time and bytes

    - esp when that email address you used is not right

    :wink:
    really
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 Hi 
    Forum Sophomore Schizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    33 what is your perception of self in relation to the world?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Moderator CommentI am letting this thread remain in Behavioural and Social Sciences rather than consign it to the trash can, since the bitchiness it contains is a good example of behavioural patterns.

    Be nice to each other, or shut up.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Moderator CommentI am letting this thread remain in Behavioural and Social Sciences rather than consign it to the trash can, since the bitchiness it contains is a good example of behavioural patterns.

    Be nice to each other, or shut up.
    This thread is old news Ophiolite, where have you been?

    And it's only your opinion that this is bitchiness.

    And why should we be 'nice' when this is obviously not the case in many other threads with many other users?

    How come you don't say anything to them?

    Is it because we are girls and we are expected to be 'nice'?
    Is 'bitchiness' only a female prerogative?
    I see many of the men on here behaving 'bitchy' if this is what bitchy is, yet you say nothing.

    How sexist of you!

    So, why don't you shut up?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Please read, understand and follow the forum guidelines.
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •