Notices
Results 1 to 96 of 96

Thread: Masturbation

  1. #1 Masturbation 
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography, but that eveidently does not seem to be the case, although I used pornography as an "aid" to masturbation, I no longer look at pornography that much at all but still find myself masturbating as frequently as I did before. There have been times in the past when I have turned down sex from my wife, because I have prefered to masturbate. I also used to be under then very false impression that the "harder" the pornography I viewed the more intense the orgasm would be. Bloody stupid !!

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks


    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    im not sure if addictions the word, but habit forming definetly, its classed as a form of sex addiction, but im not sure is thats just the terminology rather than the actual case


    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    agree with cavey, habit yes, addiction no

    as to preferring masturbation over sex : the likely reason is that sex involves a lot more than just the aim of having an orgasm - it is after all the interaction between 2 individuals, and sex can only be claimed to be satisfactory if both people involved are satisfied with it

    whereas masturbation is pretty straightforward : there's only you and yourself to please
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    agree with cavey, habit yes, addiction no

    as to preferring masturbation over sex : the likely reason is that sex involves a lot more than just the aim of having an orgasm - it is after all the interaction between 2 individuals, and sex can only be claimed to be satisfactory if both people involved are satisfied with it

    whereas masturbation is pretty straightforward : there's only you and yourself to please
    masturbations a selfish act, that being one of its benefits
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Moderator Moderator AlexP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,838
    Orgasm is accompanied by the release of oxytocin, so there are chemicals involved, but from what I can tell, it doesn't cause dependency.
    "There is a kind of lazy pleasure in useless and out-of-the-way erudition." -Jorge Luis Borges
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Junior Kolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    246
    All men are cavemen as far as I'm concerned.

    I have discoverd that mastrubation is a lot like eating. When I eat I hunch down, lower my head, tear strips of meat form the bone and guzzle it down with ale. And what do I think about when I eat? Nothing really. I just eat. It is little more than a mechanical process and I think that in general, masturbating tends to be no different. It's just something that men do.

    MarnixR makes a good point. Masturbation is NOT Sex. This is a simple concept that women often have difficulty understanding.

    The wife catches the husband masturbating -

    Wife: "I can't believe you would rather do that then be with me! Whats wrong with me? Do you not find me attractive anymore? It's because I've gained ten pounds isn't it! Admit it! You think I'm undesirable don't you!"

    Husband: "No, it's not any of that"

    Wife: "Well...then why do you do it? I mean, what do you think about while your doing it?"

    Husband: "Oh, ya know...money, breast, engines, your mother, the cuban missile crises, Princess Leia wearing that little metal bikini....you know, just what ever pops in there really."

    Most of the time there is nothing too deep or profound going on inside a guys head while he's playin' with his joy-stick. It's basically just whatever image triggers the physical response. And half the time those images don't really resonate afterwards either. Have you ever been thinking about something in particular - playing a specific fantasy over and over again in your head - while your self serving and after you finish you go back to that fantasy and your like "Why was I thinking about that? Thats not arousing. Hell, that doesn't even make any sense. Why was she wearing that big red hat? And who were all those chinese people? That was just stupid".

    Chicks tend to think that we men are scheming world domination while we masturbate. But for us guys, it's a trivial matter. As is watching porn. Every time I watch a porno my intellect goes right out the window. Like a dog licking it's balls - There is no soul searching or deep introspective inquiry. And shame is simply not a factor.

    As for extensive masturbation, I'm not gonna' say it's healthy - I'm not gonna' say it's unhealthy. If it is affecting your marriage, relationship or social life in general then it might be a good idea to take a little vacation from yourself for a while. But if your just....having one of those weeks....then I really don't think it's a big deal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    81
    Actually almost all primates masturbate. Male or female. I think an orgasm is just one of those basic animal needs. And just like eating, some people need to do it more than others.
    "People shouldn't be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D. Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    969
    Well, it's apparently possible to become addicted to sex, so I don't see why it can't also be possible for masturbation. (Funny, I never thought I'd actually be typing that word on a science forum... :-D )

    Why? You worried yer turning into a Sexy Loser? (Don't look confused, go look it up...)
    Wolf
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "Be fair with others, but then keep after them until they're fair with you." Alan Alda
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Masturbation 
    Guest
    Warning: Long-winded opinion. Yes, I intellectualized a topic on masturbation. God I'm such a geek...on another note, most of this post made my head yell "TMI! TMI!!!!". What you guys get away with nowdays...

    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    People tend to be excessively liberal with their definition of "addiction" in recent years. Liberal definitions of some people claim I am "addicted" to the internet. Is it addiction, or merely that I can get most of what I need from it? Body/mental need compared to body/mental wants. Sexual release is a need, and without masturbation we would probably have more rape.

    My definition is much more conservative. It's not addiction as long as it's within the realms of what your body needs. Some people can masturbate 19 times a day without difficulty. Others once a month.

    Another thing masturbation does that can't be reproduced. Fantasies. A surprising number of people look into anything from unorthodox to downright illegal-in-real-life fantasies. One subculture in particular being Furries.

    There have been times in the past when I have turned down sex from my wife, because I have prefered to masturbate.
    That's quite simple.
    Goals of each -
    Masturbating: Orgasm.
    Sex: Pleasure.

    The latter can be a lot more stressful to achieve. Sometimes it's just easier to masturbate as a form of release. Married couples usually still masturbate regardless of how much sex they have because of this.

    does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation

    A good place to start is _SCIENCE_. You are not addicted. Just doing what your body wants by evolution.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    you need to check out 'Happeh' theory, find link via my blog.

    I think it's happeh.com
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    you need to check out 'Happeh' theory, find link via my blog.

    I think it's happeh.com
    Please, PLEASE, tell me you're joking. That make me laugh, so I assume that's why it's called "happeh".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12 Re: Masturbation 
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography, but that eveidently does not seem to be the case, although I used pornography as an "aid" to masturbation, I no longer look at pornography that much at all but still find myself masturbating as frequently as I did before. There have been times in the past when I have turned down sex from my wife, because I have prefered to masturbate. I also used to be under then very false impression that the "harder" the pornography I viewed the more intense the orgasm would be. Bloody stupid !!

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks
    are you fairly effeminate in your outward behaviour, so much so that people think you are gay?

    If you are then your exessive masturbating is (IMO) part responsible for this. Refraining from masturabtion is what aids a more masculine presentation of self. The more masturbation, the less masculine. I would be most interested to know your reply on this.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    you need to check out 'Happeh' theory, find link via my blog.

    I think it's happeh.com
    Please, PLEASE, tell me you're joking. That make me laugh, so I assume that's why it's called "happeh".
    No one knows if Happeh is serious or pulling our plonkers. His stuff has some relationship with reality so it's very hard to tell. Fascinating blogs though!

    On topic, accpording to Hppeh theory excessive masturabtion makes you go limp (crippled) etc and he uses a statue to demonsrate how this affliction looks. To me the 'pose' of the statue resembled that of an effeminate man. Not a cripple as Happeh suggests.

    The reason I think more masturabtion = less masculine behaviour is that I
    knew a guy who masturabted perhaps 4 times a day, was as straight as a dye BUT hugely effeminate. If he wanted to pull a female at the weekend, he'd refrain from all masturabtion so that he was more MANLY in his approach and behaviour by the end of the week.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Guest
    Theory, I advise you cast aside myth and lore and start looking into the science of it. You aren't stupid enough to think he's 100% serious, but you're ignorant (ill educated) enough to believe some myth. Which is understandable (It happens to me often, if you check recent posts...)

    It does not make to effeminate. A large majority of men (and women, estimated a lot more than statistics show because women lie about it more often) masturbate. Men usually more, but at the extreme I've heard of people masturbating 18 times a day (comfortably, no less). These aren't your "hugely effeminate" types, they're average people with a high sex drive.

    Masturbating is, in fact, quite healthy for the human body. Almost every animal that can do it does it, as well (primates especially). If you will read wikipedia at least, you'll find tons of scientific work has been done on the subject to disspell the ignorance (those older, however, are usually left out of the loop. No offense).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation

    And while I feel largely uncomfortable talking about it and providing links, I feel it's for the better education of everyone...even though on this...highly unusual topic.

    http://www.jackinworld.com/library/myths.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    What tree are you barking up Jeremy?

    I wasn't quoting Happeh theory or myth I was thinking of my hugely effeminate pal and his 'transformation' to masculine after a reduction in wanking. Yes let's call a spade a spade.

    But I am prepared to accept he is not representative of all 'wankers' out there.

    Meanwhile I do know wanking is normal. I don't recall stating otherwise.

    *deleted follwing wise crack incase the powers that be consider it a flame...please note it was hugely funny!!!!!!!!*
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Guest
    I was barking at your own statement about him being effeminate because of his masturbating. Not because of the link. I thought I made that clear.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    I was barking at your own statement about him being effeminate because of his masturbating. Not because of the link. I thought I made that clear.
    clear as mud

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Theory, I advise you cast aside myth and lore and start looking into the science of it. You aren't stupid enough to think he's 100% serious, but you're ignorant (ill educated) enough to believe some myth. Which is understandable (It happens to me often, if you check recent posts...)
    First you take the opportunity to flame me without provocation, which I assume means you fancy me and like all virgins don't know how to communicate with a female without pulling her pigtails, meanwhile it clearly demonstrates above you were barking up the wrong tree. You need to pay more attention to what is written and spend less time masturbating.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    First you take the opportunity to flame me without provocation
    Actually, that's my way of complementing. You definitely don't believe what he says, which is good. Yet you appeared to still believe in some myth (not spawned by him because that would contradict my previous sentence).

    Perhaps next time I'll use less vulgarity, since people seem to narrow that out and switch to hostile mode instantly. Apologies if you took insult from it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Perhaps an underlying repression makes some ignorant to the possibility, but I would hardly think a cessation of male drive hormones (through fooling the body into thinking it has reproduced) should be thought of as mythological.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    First you take the opportunity to flame me without provocation
    Actually, that's my way of complementing. You definitely don't believe what he says, which is good. Yet you appeared to still believe in some myth (not spawned by him because that would contradict my previous sentence).

    Perhaps next time I'll use less vulgarity, since people seem to narrow that out and switch to hostile mode instantly. Apologies if you took insult from it.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Perhaps an underlying repression makes some ignorant to the possibility, but I would hardly think a cessation of male drive hormones (through fooling the body into thinking it has reproduced) should be thought of as mythological.
    translatorrrrrrrr

    I am too tired to translate myself.

    Meanwhile what myth is every one talking about, the legs falling off if you masturbate too much or my newly concocted idea that too much causes effemininity?

    Is the poster a girly boy? Has he answered that yet??
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Perhaps an underlying repression makes some ignorant to the possibility, but I would hardly think a cessation of male drive hormones (through fooling the body into thinking it has reproduced) should be thought of as mythological.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone

    Abeyance of testosterone? You have evidence that shows the body suspends production of an extremely needed and required hormone, just because one has reproduced?

    Of course my mental image of what you've described is a bit extreme. So I'm probably taking it a bit wrong.


    ---Warning: The following is a bit long winded. Readers may skip if they don't particularly like me ;P. However I do think I discovered the answer.


    I turned to google to check my preconceived idea. What I found were tons of uneducated opinions on whether or not masturbation does anything to ones testosterone. Since that is the case, I have written out a logical correlation from what I understand about testosterone and the body.

    Excess testosterone is always produced for exercise. It helps muscles grow, and has a hand full of other effects on the body. One thing that should be paid special attention to is the following:
    As testosterone affects the entire body (often by enlarging; men have bigger hearts, lungs, liver, etc.), the brain is also affected by this "sexual" advancement; the enzyme aromatase converts testosterone into estradiol that is responsible for masculinization of the brain in a male fetus.

    So testosterone causes masculinization of the brain. The question then is whether or not masturbation increases or decreases testosterone, since this piece of information means that if it decreases it, 94% of all males surveyed just went shopping for purses.

    Exercise is a well known example of a way to increases testosterone production. It also increases ones sexual drive as a result. Sex, too, increases testosterone (and in women, estrogen I believe). Many similar types of activities do.

    I discovered that the only plausible answer for why masturbating would make theory's acquaintance effeminate was if he had a severe lack of testosterone in his body. If the production was somehow inhibited. If that was the case, masturbation would not be the only cause. Any sexual release of any kind would end up making him less masculine.

    Therefore, the cause is not masturbation. The cause would be some disorder which he should check with his doctor about. The reason I stated it was a myth was because you listed masturbation as the cause. Masturbation might just make it apparent that his body lacks proper testosterone levels/production to begin with.

    Case closed?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Do you agree though that testostorone isnt the only chemical at play in male sexual desire?


    Im not saying that masturbation definately lowers the cocktail that that makes a male more male like, Im just saying that discounting it completely off the bat is either blind, or a wish not to offend the effeminate man in so me way..
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    .

    translatorrrrrrrr

    Translation: I see that wanking may well turn "man the hunter" into "man the docile".
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Do you agree though that testostorone isnt the only chemical at play in male sexual desire?


    Im not saying that masturbation definately lowers the cocktail that that makes a male more male like, Im just saying that discounting it completely off the bat is either blind, or a wish not to offend the effeminate man in so me way..
    testosterone isn't the only chemical at play, but it's the most major one. Furthermore, I didn't discount it (it being masturbation, or any form of release) completely in my "solution" discovered. As I wrote, it actually might cause a man to be more effeminate if he has a genetic predisposition to low testosterone, or some disease I don't know about.

    So no, I didn't discredit it as something that might bring such problems to light. I did discredit it as a cause. Big difference.

    Translation: I see that wanking may well turn "man the hunter" into "man the docile".
    And that is a bit different. Sexual tension can be released with masturbation. Whereas those that don't masturbate will always have that tension. Thus being more aggressive and primal. That is not a trait which modern society favors, don't you agree? Minus, of course, professional athletes.

    However, removal of that tension should not cause one to become effeminate. Just less primal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht

    I discovered that the only plausible answer for why masturbating would make theory's acquaintance effeminate was if he had a severe lack of testosterone in his body. If the production was somehow inhibited. If that was the case, masturbation would not be the only cause. Any sexual release of any kind would end up making him less masculine.

    Therefore, the cause is not masturbation. The cause would be some disorder which he should check with his doctor about. The reason I stated it was a myth was because you listed masturbation as the cause. Masturbation might just make it apparent that his body lacks proper testosterone levels/production to begin with.

    Case closed?
    I am guessing he does have a decreased level of testosterone. He is non agressive except when sexually active, which as you state causes testosterone to be released into the body. Fascinating.

    How to approach him about this though? Would this lack of testosterone reduce his fertility?
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    .

    translatorrrrrrrr

    Translation: I see that wanking may well turn "man the hunter" into "man the docile".
    They do advise sportsmen NOT to have sex (and I assume wank) before a big game. Perhaps because it reduces their necessary agression on the field?

    What we need is a poll...A 'How many times a day do you wank?' poll followed by questions relating to their masculinity. Who's gonna start it?

    This study could be groundbreaking and get those girly boys the help they need to combat their effeminate behaviour. Some are happy with their behaviour, but my pal is not. He just cannot help it ...unless of course he abstains from wanking.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    look what I found:

    http://www.herballove.com/library/re...rmas/fatal.asp

    "Fatal Consequences of Excessive Masturbation

    Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively pratices masturbation.


    Note: Masturbation is a healthy sexual behavior. Like other behaviors, when over practiced or addicted it can lead to both psychological and physiological imbalances.

    The side effects of such changes to the body include:
    Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
    Lower back pain
    Stress / Anxiety
    Thinning hair / Hair Loss
    Soft / Weak Erection
    Premature Ejaculation
    Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
    Groin / Testicular Pain
    Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

    If above symptoms are experienced, you need to restore the balance of brain's acetylcholine / parasympathetic ratio, reduces the level of sex hormones in the body, and sedates sympathetic nervous function, or the symptoms would become worse."


    Meanwhile I did read many years ago that those in the East also believed too much caused a lack of ying or is it yang?

    Here's an interesting article about what causes effeminate (and other types) of gender type behaviour!

    http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_1998/yax-096.htm
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    I am guessing he does have a decreased level of testosterone. He is non agressive except when sexually active, which as you state causes testosterone to be released into the body. Fascinating.

    How to approach him about this though? Would this lack of testosterone reduce his fertility?
    ...uh huh. Yeah, that about describes it. Just explain it and tell him to check with a doctor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Junior Kolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    246
    Saying that an excessive amount of masturbation can be harmful to your sexual anatomy is like saying that brushing your teeth twenty times a day can be harmful to your gums.

    Almost anything can be potentially harmful if you do it too much:

    Food, Sex, Alcohol, Shopping, Sun bathing, X-box ect ect...

    A lack of masturbation and/or sex could lead to an increase level of male testosterone which, in turn, could make a man more aggressive - but being too aggressive also means that you might not be thinking clearly. Testosterones can be just as advantages to a man once they've been released as apposed to how much has been built up. Both sex and masturbation are highly effective ways to reduce stress.

    I think they one time experimented with this on monkeys. Hehehe....Monkeys are funny.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Freshman Amaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    32
    When you masturbate you are having sex with your own mind, and that can be way more intense than having sex with a partner that you can't control. I think it could be addictive the same way that gambling is addictive. It's not a drug, and yet you can't stop doing it.
    Gravity isn't MY fault--I voted for velcro!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    When you masturbate you are having sex with your own mind, and that can be way more intense than having sex with a partner that you can't control. I think it could be addictive the same way that gambling is addictive. It's not a drug, and yet you can't stop doing it.
    are you an effeminate male?
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Freshman Amaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    32
    No I'm a morphodite.
    Gravity isn't MY fault--I voted for velcro!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    When you masturbate you are having sex with your own mind, and that can be way more intense than having sex with a partner that you can't control. I think it could be addictive the same way that gambling is addictive. It's not a drug, and yet you can't stop doing it.
    are you an effeminate male?
    Why do you keep asking that?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Why do you keep asking why she keeps asking that?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Guest
    Why do you keep asking why I keep asking her why she keeps asking that?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Because Im wondering why you are so sensitive to her asking it.
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38 masturbation 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1
    It's an addiction to feel good chemicals dopamine etc which are released
    during sex.It's your drug of choice and the quickest way to release it,
    masturbation.Rats,allowed to self-administer dopamine hits via pressing a
    lever,have been known to exhaust themselves by repeatedly pressing the
    lever,until they collapse!
    Anthroposophist
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Yes, and similarly, an electrode connected to their pleasure centres. They stop eating and drinking water in favour of pressing thing button.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    When you masturbate you are having sex with your own mind, and that can be way more intense than having sex with a partner that you can't control. I think it could be addictive the same way that gambling is addictive. It's not a drug, and yet you can't stop doing it.
    are you an effeminate male?
    Why do you keep asking that?
    She keeps asking because he won't respond to her. She just wants some evidence to support this theory of hers.

    Anyway, if this makes you happy, TheoryofRelativity, I'll tell you about myself. Not that this is something I normally tell people, but I think that I masturbate fairly frequently. Coincidentally, I may be a bit less "manly" than other guys my age. I certainly would not describe myself as effeminate, but I guess you could say that I'm a little less manly than most.

    Whether this is because of my personality or my frequent wank sessions, I have no idea.

    Hope this helped!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Freshman danspurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    U KNOW
    Posts
    10
    mmmmmm masturbation
    I quote; "why does my life always co-inside with violence"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmenite
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaya
    When you masturbate you are having sex with your own mind, and that can be way more intense than having sex with a partner that you can't control. I think it could be addictive the same way that gambling is addictive. It's not a drug, and yet you can't stop doing it.
    are you an effeminate male?
    Why do you keep asking that?
    She keeps asking because he won't respond to her. She just wants some evidence to support this theory of hers.

    Anyway, if this makes you happy, TheoryofRelativity, I'll tell you about myself. Not that this is something I normally tell people, but I think that I masturbate fairly frequently. Coincidentally, I may be a bit less "manly" than other guys my age. I certainly would not describe myself as effeminate, but I guess you could say that I'm a little less manly than most.

    Whether this is because of my personality or my frequent wank sessions, I have no idea.

    Hope this helped!
    Masturbation - effeminate?

    A man masturbating doesn't indicate effeminacy!

    Good grief!

    Women do it too! Does that mean they are masculine?

    Masturbation is a great stress reliever. It's good prelude to thinking time.

    We were given tickly buttons, trembling bits and bouncing bobs. It's NOT dirty, it's NOT bad, it's NOT wicked! It's wonderful!

    Make the most of it and enjoy

    When i play with mine all the birds come out and sing

    :-D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Sophomore Schizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    I have masturbated so much that I can squeeze coal with my right hand and produce diamonds.

    Yet oddly I wear woman's panties.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizo
    I have masturbated so much that I can squeeze coal with my right hand and produce diamonds.

    Yet oddly I wear woman's panties.
    Blimey!

    Do you have a girlfriend?
    Would you like one?

    I don't mind you having porn, masturbating all the time or wearing womens panties (as long as they are silky!)

    But, in exchange i want the diamonds
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45 Re: Masturbation 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. ...
    uh, no. I think everyone has tried it. I don't think everyone does it. Why keep doing something that doesn't work?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Professor serpicojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    JRZ
    Posts
    1,069
    Maybe you're not doing it right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47 Re: Masturbation 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. ...
    uh, no. I think everyone has tried it. I don't think everyone does it. Why keep doing something that doesn't work?

    Doesn't work!!??!!

    Are you sure you're manipulating the right bits?

    Give it a few more tries and if it still doesn't work send it back and get a refund
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48 Re: Masturbation 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    ...Doesn't work!!??!!

    Are you sure you're manipulating the right bits?

    Give it a few more tries and if it still doesn't work send it back and get a refund
    LOL, I'm 42. believe me, its just not my thing. I need that other person. I always know its me and my imagination just can't get past that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49 Re: Masturbation 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    ...Doesn't work!!??!!

    Are you sure you're manipulating the right bits?

    Give it a few more tries and if it still doesn't work send it back and get a refund
    LOL, I'm 42. believe me, its just not my thing. I need that other person. I always know its me and my imagination just can't get past that.
    Mmm....fair enough

    I'm 38 and i guess i find it gives me more options.

    It's also nice for a bit of comfort and helps me sleep when insomnia creeps in.

    And i have to admit it sometimes that option appears more attractive when you've put up with enough moody men who hog the bed covers and snore in your ear 'ole!

    Of course you can't beat a bit of good old fashioned rumpy pumpy if you can find a selfless sex God who'll leave roses and chocolates on my pillow and bring me breakfast in bed in the morning!

    Perhaps i'm just too demanding? :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89
    My husband and I have had separate bedrooms since day one of moving in together. When we are in bed together, sex is all we are doing. Masturbation seems lonely to me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    My husband and I have had separate bedrooms since day one of moving in together. When we are in bed together, sex is all we are doing. Masturbation seems lonely to me.
    You cuddle though right? Thats the best, before and after it. Two slices of love between the love making. Triple the love if you will. Oh I can't classify it metaphorically.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89
    cuddling, uh no. I'm usually rocked-my-world unconscious while he is gloating watching TV.

    He's the cuddler, I'm not. I'm learning....slowly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    My husband and I have had separate bedrooms since day one of moving in together. When we are in bed together, sex is all we are doing. Masturbation seems lonely to me.
    Yeah i can see that it could feel lonely

    And i think separate beds is a good idea especially when you need to just sleep!

    I'm not that keen sleeping next to someone else 'cos i fidget and i always wake up if they do!

    But i do like a good cuddle! Apparently cuddling releases oxytocin. It's a neuro transmitter and it makes you feel good. And it certainly does that!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54 Re: Masturbation 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I live in Bertrand Russells teapot!
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    ...Doesn't work!!??!!

    Are you sure you're manipulating the right bits?

    Give it a few more tries and if it still doesn't work send it back and get a refund
    LOL, I'm 42. believe me, its just not my thing. I need that other person. I always know its me and my imagination just can't get past that.
    Sit on your hands first and make then numb!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55 Re: Masturbation 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleander
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    ...Doesn't work!!??!!

    Are you sure you're manipulating the right bits?

    Give it a few more tries and if it still doesn't work send it back and get a refund
    LOL, I'm 42. believe me, its just not my thing. I need that other person. I always know its me and my imagination just can't get past that.
    Sit on your hands first and make then numb!
    lol. I'll have to consider that
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Forum Freshman Oliver Tanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    18
    ...This thread indeed is full of joie de vivre! Although it is something that I did not expect to find in a forum like this. Anyhow, it is likely to cause conversation, and any causerie is good.
    "I have seen death's vistas and returned an even wiser, more exquisite man! Take it in! Bask in the beauty!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    Sit on your hands first and make then numb!
    They call that move the stranger.


    I'm with all the people who can't sleep in the same bed as someone, best thing is just to have sex so much that you're both knackered and cant stay awake
    everything is mathematical.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #58  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    56
    I may be doing "it" more often then most. I have no idea.
    But what I found is that like smoking, I sometimes just do it because I am bored. Like a habit, when I´ve got nothing to do at all I might aswell enjoy myself.
    Far from an addiction tho, it can go long between sometimes if I have lots of stuff on my table so to speak.

    The line between force of habbit and addiction is blurry sometimes tho.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #59  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Theory, I advise you cast aside myth and lore and start looking into the science of it. You aren't stupid enough to think he's 100% serious,
    One man's stupidity is another man's open mindedness

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It does not make to effeminate.
    Yes it will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    A large majority of men (and women, estimated a lot more than statistics show because women lie about it more often) masturbate. Men usually more, but at the extreme I've heard of people masturbating 18 times a day (comfortably, no less). These aren't your "hugely effeminate" types, they're average people with a high sex drive.
    For someone who is acting like an expert, you don't make much sense. Why does stating masturbating statistics mean a person is not "highly effiminate"? Are you saying highly effeminate men do not masturbate? They do not masturbate alot.?
    Do you even know what you are saying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Masturbating is, in fact, quite healthy for the human body. Almost every animal that can do it does it, as well (primates especially). If you will read wikipedia at least, you'll find tons of scientific work has been done on the subject to disspell the ignorance (those older, however, are usually left out of the loop. No offense).
    Let me get this straight. You say "Masturbation is quite healthy for the body", then you say "almost every animal can do it". So your intellectual reasoning is that if lots of animals masturbate, then masturbation is healthy for the human body?

    Could you explain that please? I have trouble seeing the connection.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #60 Re: Masturbation 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography,.....

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks
    You are a perceptive and intelligent person. Yes masturbation is addictive. You are right that it is not the pornography you are addicted to.

    Masturbation will change your body in a specific way. After some time, the body begins to retain that configuration. A person will then become addicted to masturbation not so much because they masturbate, but because they feel an unconscious desire from their body to achieve the certain physical configuration of their body that happens after masturbation.

    Stimulation of the sexual organs leads to a higher state of consciousness. A person can become addicted to this higher state of consciousness. Because they learned about the higher state of consciousness through sex, they keep using sex to get back to the higher state of consciousness, not because they want sex or they want to ejaculate. A person in this situation can learn one of the many other ways of reaching a higher state of consciousness to wean themselves away from using sex to reach the higher state of consciousness.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #61 Re: Masturbation 
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by mbokohutu
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography,.....

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks
    You are a perceptive and intelligent person. Yes masturbation is addictive. You are right that it is not the pornography you are addicted to.

    Masturbation will change your body in a specific way. After some time, the body begins to retain that configuration. A person will then become addicted to masturbation not so much because they masturbate, but because they feel an unconscious desire from their body to achieve the certain physical configuration of their body that happens after masturbation.

    Stimulation of the sexual organs leads to a higher state of consciousness. A person can become addicted to this higher state of consciousness. Because they learned about the higher state of consciousness through sex, they keep using sex to get back to the higher state of consciousness, not because they want sex or they want to ejaculate. A person in this situation can learn one of the many other ways of reaching a higher state of consciousness to wean themselves away from using sex to reach the higher state of consciousness.
    Happeh Theory returns!!!

    http://www.happehtheory.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #62 Re: Masturbation 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48
    [quote="(Q)"]
    Quote Originally Posted by mbokohutu

    Happeh Theory returns!!!

    http://www.happehtheory.com/
    Hmmm. Q is pro Israel, and he makes this post with his claim in it within an hour of the original post.

    How intriguing.

    Who is this Happeh person, and why do you know about him off of the top of your head?

    Why do you have that person's website URL at the tip of your fingers?

    What does that Happeh person say at that website, that reminds you of the post here?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #63 Re: Masturbation 
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by mbokohutu
    Who is this Happeh person, and why do you know about him off of the top of your head?

    Why do you have that person's website URL at the tip of your fingers?

    What does that Happeh person say at that website, that reminds you of the post here?
    Your obsession with masturbation, of course, Happeh. Who could forget a nutter like you? You're url is easy to access, just type your name into a search engine and bingo, instant insanity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #64  
    Forum Freshman Cynical Seductress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LaRochelle, France
    Posts
    23
    1. Congratulations, this has more replies than anything else in Behavioral Science, save for a poll.

    2. The reason why, could be started as a new topic.

    3. Now.. any questions of me?
    Humanity cheats Natural Selection because its inferiors are allowed to continue to exist. Inevitably, there will be no way to escape obesity, diabetes, stupidity, and hair loss. Do me a favor by killing yourself and your family.
    You're not crazy, you won't PM me-
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #65  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Seductress

    3. Now.. any questions of me?
    Do seductresses masturbate? And if so, do they have to seduce themselves first?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #66  
    Forum Freshman Cynical Seductress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LaRochelle, France
    Posts
    23
    1. Obviously yes, but the goal is to get the subject to desire masturbation so that it becomes vulnerable and easy to manipulate. It is also amusing to suddenly disapear from the interwebz, blame it on a yahoo messenger error, and see how many times you can do it before the subject stops talking to you.

    2. I come automatically seduced.
    Humanity cheats Natural Selection because its inferiors are allowed to continue to exist. Inevitably, there will be no way to escape obesity, diabetes, stupidity, and hair loss. Do me a favor by killing yourself and your family.
    You're not crazy, you won't PM me-
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #67  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Seductress
    2. I come automatically seduced.
    Ahhh!...The juicy seducer!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #68  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    annapolis
    Posts
    87
    On a more serious note I dont believe masturbation is addictive I believe it is a need for men. That is why virtually all healthy young men do it. It cant be that 100 % of the population suffers from the same addiction. Alot of people experience nocturnal emissions as well which is masturbation that takes place in a pre conscious state. That sounds more like a natural process than an addiction to me.
    did I kayak did I.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #69  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Most people are not addicted, but it can happen.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #70  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nirgendwo und Ueberall
    Posts
    1,300
    I hate masturbating. Makes me feel like a loser who can't get a women. I've had sex a few times before but I need it regularly and with a girl that actually cares about me to really "get off". I feel like a ship flying at half mast when I "wank", as the Brits would say. I'm sexually frustrated right now and love/despise women, who I feel like have so much power in my life because they know how much I need their touch. I'm at their mercy right now because I'm a nice guy who gets taken advantage of...I realize this has nothing to do with science...but I needed to f'n vent I'm 5'4 and average looking and feel that evolution is trying to weed me out...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #71  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    As a homosexual evolution has already weeded me out, come over to our side and everything will be much easier.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #72  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    annapolis
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by gottspieler
    I hate masturbating. Makes me feel like a loser who can't get a women. I've had sex a few times before but I need it regularly and with a girl that actually cares about me to really "get off". I feel like a ship flying at half mast when I "wank", as the Brits would say. I'm sexually frustrated right now and love/despise women, who I feel like have so much power in my life because they know how much I need their touch. I'm at their mercy right now because I'm a nice guy who gets taken advantage of...I realize this has nothing to do with science...but I needed to f'n vent I'm 5'4 and average looking and feel that evolution is trying to weed me out...
    Good job for being honest. Thats the first step to changing things about yourself that you dont like. Ok, you know your short so what ? With getting a girl its the inside that counts, and from the sounds of things that is your problem with girls, your not relating to them from the heart and mind. It also sounds like you let your wanting to have sex with them affect your judgement to the point you feel helpless. You just have to be strong and not give in to thinking too much about your physical desires. Ignore your physical desires and focus on the mental aspect of the girl you like, and you will probably find yourself forget all about sex, then when she gives it up you will be pleasently suprised. Thats how it works. All sex is, is a waiting game for men. Your not excluded.
    did I kayak did I.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #73 Test Happeh's Theory, I am just a college student not Happeh 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    I have personal theories that I want to share, and I do agree with some of what happeh theory has to say. Happeh Theory says that it will make you have a lazier or weaker eye. I have tested it on myself. I have gone for weeks without masturbating, but right after I masturbate my right eyelid droops down a little bit more than my right. It goes away after I stop, but I also think that masturbation effects the growth patterns of hair all over the body because my right eye brow is slightly different than my left. I like the way my left one looks better because it has slightly better definition and is smaller in general. This definition is usually what girls pluck their eye brows for I think.

    I also checked the patterns of my abs. Everything Happeh Theory has said has been right on my physical self. I masturbated sometimes more than daily since the age of 16, now I am 20, and I have stopped. I feel the earlier you stop the more you can reverse the effects of masturbation.

    Masturbation also seems to have a behavioral effect on me. It is a confused physiological satisfaction around women that I wish would go away. Getting girls is supposed to be one of the more challenging things in our lives. What organism has intelligence and power, but doesn't need to use it in some kind of life struggle? I don't really think there are any. All living organisms need challenge to be motivated.

    My theory is that when you masturbate you are dropping yourself out of the race. I became tired and lazy and I had less and less thoughts about beautiful girls. Then one day I experienced an acid trip. Acid trips are amazing at telling you the state of your subconscious and showing who you really are. When I was tripping I saw that I was having homosexual thought, but I never recognized them till I did. All the guys around me looked somehow nice. I know that homosexuality is an effect of masturbation because it reduces your sexual energy to the point that it is impossible to get subconscious help in getting women. I know exactly what girls like, and that is confidence and charm, but you cannot plan those things. You have to instantly think and act the right way. When you masturbate chronically you cannot because your subconscious just thinks it wants to masturbate. These are theories I got from my personal life. I am a full time college student, and the first time I had sex was in college.

    I had been going to many parties as a masturbator, but I didn't get laid until my friend told me I shouldn't masturbate until I get laid. Consequently it worked for me. I think a problem we have today is that men and women are being driven apart rather than brought together. Superficial things. I also think that there are more girls who masturbate than before. This is making it even harder for love to happen because girls are confused too, and all they seem to care about is money and their girl friends. I'm sure you've seen them throwing their girl only parties where they make really crazy faces that make them look like what happeh describes as chronic masturbators. Let me know what you guys think. I am trying to reform this country because masturbation is destroying people's lives.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #74 Re: Test Happeh's Theory, I am just a college student not Ha 
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by stotzersk
    I do agree with some of what happeh theory has to say.
    Well, you should agree, you wrote it, Happeh.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #75  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    STOP CALLING ME HAPPEH. This (Q) is saying things that are off topic and it needs to stop. Why does he not debate with me. I am not HAPPEH. I am not some chinese Kung Fu master that knows how to make websites. Your accusations are only based on the fact that I oppose your views. The problem is that you are not scientifically discussing or debating. You are spreading ignorance. You are essentially calling me names. Similarly to how the word conspiracy theorist discredits anyone who is called it.

    "The best way to protect your own appearance of patriotism is to question someone else's"-Unknown

    That quote applies to people like you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #76  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    I have just quit smoking cigarettes after 2 years. I think I know the meaning of addiction. Just because you only do it when you are bored does not mean it is not an addiction. I didn't ever stop doing something fun to smoke a cigarette. I think that if you get bored often and what you end up doing every time is masturbating. You are probably addicted. I don't even get the satisfaction out of masturbation that I get from making a girl feel good and her letting me know that. I think masturbation is like a murder on your soul.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #77  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    When I was trying to quit smoking I remember having serious mood swings where I got really mean and short with people. Addiction is subconscious because there is always that side to us in the conscious that has the ultimate will and control. Doing things like fasting, following an exercise schedule, and staying up past your comfortable time all train this will. At least that is my experience. I'm gonna put in order for me things that are easy to things that are harder for my will to resist.

    not smoking a cigarette-because we all know smoke isn't pleasant

    not eating 3 meals a day-i just don't get hungry that often

    not eating for 3 days-food is an addiction for most of us

    going on early morning runs everyday at 7 in the morning in the winter with shorts and a T-shirt in Richmond, VA.-I did this for a week after fasting for 3 days. I don't think I had the will power to do so before I fasted.

    conclusion: for me fasting was the will power exercise step one because it only requires that I stop doing something, which is a lot harder than CHOOSING to do something difficult.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #78  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Wow triple post, and all of it bullshit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #79 I'm new here... 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    well i joined this science forumn dooberri just a few minutes ago and am pleased to have drunkenly have bumped in to another bunch of intelligent wankers...

    as for the original 'problem'.....

    I reckon if someone wanking 'too much'(more than once a day) they are either adolescent or workin out too much (or actually physically workin too hard....cos the stress of this makes you more.....sexually active?(i'm guessin))

    or you live on your own and are just so fikin bored that wankin cam become a kind of 'bad habit'......like viewing the toilet paper in your hand after you've just had a crap (though i guess that could be a nice post for another miserable monday.. )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #80  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by gottspieler
    I hate masturbating. Makes me feel like a loser who can't get a women. I've had sex a few times before but I need it regularly and with a girl that actually cares about me to really "get off". I feel like a ship flying at half mast when I "wank", as the Brits would say. I'm sexually frustrated right now and love/despise women, who I feel like have so much power in my life because they know how much I need their touch. I'm at their mercy right now because I'm a nice guy who gets taken advantage of...I realize this has nothing to do with science...but I needed to f'n vent I'm 5'4 and average looking and feel that evolution is trying to weed me out...
    fikin ell man if your gettin pent up you should maybe have a wank.....are you american or something....

    if so, you don't live on the sea boards thats for sure?

    your statement 'feel that evolution is trying to weed me out' is a bit of a disturbing mindset that i would advise anyone to fight against....beleive me....the whole family thing is somethin that a lot of wary people have maybe quiet rightly turned their back on.....it can be rally quite difficult raising a family.....and a lot easier stayin at home with mum as a cliff richard 'batchelor boy' .....if your mumless, don't despair....simply learn to enjoy your own company.....and remember to donate as much sperm as you can before you die :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #81  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    conclusion: for me fasting was the will power exercise step one because it only requires that I stop doing something, which is a lot harder than CHOOSING to do something difficult.[/quote]

    sounds a bit like buddhism to me....

    a fantastic mindset that requires little pro-activity (i forgot to mention... i make up my own words/terms...)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #82  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by stotzersk
    STOP CALLING ME HAPPEH. This (Q) is saying things that are off topic and it needs to stop. Why does he not debate with me. I am not HAPPEH. I am not some chinese Kung Fu master that knows how to make websites. Your accusations are only based on the fact that I oppose your views. The problem is that you are not scientifically discussing or debating. You are spreading ignorance. You are essentially calling me names. Similarly to how the word conspiracy theorist discredits anyone who is called it.

    "The best way to protect your own appearance of patriotism is to question someone else's"-Unknown

    That quote applies to people like you.
    this forumn really is the 'bogs bollocks'

    (thats a north european expression(manchester))
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #83  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by i_feel_tiredsleepy
    Wow triple post, and all of it bullshit.
    Wow single post with 0 content.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #84  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    And you probably feel tired and sleepy because you masturbate excessively. You've got no energy left to think or to be respectful. I just feel sorry for you.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturb...ical_attitudes

    yeah you are a cognitively cripple chronic masturbator that is mad at the truth. go masturbate instead of wasting people's time with your pointless posts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #85  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Really there was more significance in declaring your pseudoscientific conjecture bullshit than in all of your baseless assertions. Go troll another forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #86  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    stotzersk, calling your posts "bullshit" is a shorthand way of saying that your assertions are baseless and the product of erroneous subjective reasoning. If you had bothered to find out a bit more about i_feel_tiredsleepy before hitting him with verbal diarrhoea, you would have found out that he actually knows what he is talking about.

    Also, this thread is about addiction to masturbation, not about fasting or anything related to happeh theory.

    Any further unrelated "theory" talk will be deleted.

    Me with my moderator's trident in hand.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #87 Re: Masturbation 
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography, but that eveidently does not seem to be the case, although I used pornography as an "aid" to masturbation, I no longer look at pornography that much at all but still find myself masturbating as frequently as I did before. There have been times in the past when I have turned down sex from my wife, because I have prefered to masturbate. I also used to be under then very false impression that the "harder" the pornography I viewed the more intense the orgasm would be. Bloody stupid !!

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks
    leohopkins, i think anything and everything can become addictive, if we let it.
    The worst form of addiction is Compulsive Obsession Disorder.

    Human life is based on habit forming. Some good for you and some bad for you. Habit is a form of addiction. And it's usually the pleasurable things in life we are susceptible to becoming addicted to.

    There's nothing wrong with spending time with yourself and enjoying the physical sensations of your body.

    The only time something could be considered 'bad' is if it was harming you or someone else or hindering your development as a human.
    If you keep putting masturbation first and other things fall by the wayside and you were missing out on opportunities etc, then it's probably gotten out of hand (pun not intended)
    On the other hand (pun not intended again) if you masturbated before going to sleep, or you were able to find the time to masturbate a couple of times a day, or you sometimes treated yourself to a masturbating session and it wasn't interfering or denying you anything else, then what's the problem?

    In fact if you are also using your imagination and visualizing something erotic whilst masturbating then you are actually enhancing the capabilities in those areas that will help throughout your life when you need to imagine and envision success or confidence etc. Which is essential if we want to progress, because we can't move towards something if we cant envision where we want to go.

    Masturbation is also a good way of relieving stress and pressure. As long as you eat the result though and reabsorb the energy and nutrients back into your body or else you will just end up feeling tired and not rejuvenated.
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  89. #88  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    annapolis
    Posts
    87
    I believe addiction is only addiction when it causes problems in your daily life. If you tell yourself "I masturbate too much, im addicted, I want to stop" then you first need to ask yourself "Why is this a problem ?". Then "What caused this problem." And then "What can I do to fix what caused this problem". Once you fix the original problem, your behavior will change (excessive masturbation, over-eating, depression etc).
    did I kayak did I.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  90. #89 Re: Masturbation 
    Gyd
    Gyd is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Okay.......laugh if you will. Everybody does it. But can it or could it be addictive ? Is it possible for it to be classed as an "addiction".
    Not so long ago I thought that I had an addiction to pornography, but that eveidently does not seem to be the case, although I used pornography as an "aid" to masturbation, I no longer look at pornography that much at all but still find myself masturbating as frequently as I did before. There have been times in the past when I have turned down sex from my wife, because I have prefered to masturbate. I also used to be under then very false impression that the "harder" the pornography I viewed the more intense the orgasm would be. Bloody stupid !!

    Anyway........I do not look at pornography much these days as I said, but I still find myself masturbating as frequently as before. so thats why I think that it was never pornography I was addicted to, it is actual masturbation that im addicted to. does anyone know from a physiological / psychological perspective why this occurs?

    This is a serious question guys, and a very sensitive issue for me, so PLEASE dont take the piss. Thanks
    When a man in the bible masturbated throwing his seed on the ground,
    G-d killed him. It is a sin. Dude, your going to hell if you keep it up!
    You are already addicted. I bet that you can't stop now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  91. #90  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    814
    You're all wankers anyway
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  92. #91  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26
    Yeah you guys are all wankers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  93. #92  
    Forum Freshman Cynical Seductress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    LaRochelle, France
    Posts
    23
    When a man in the bible masturbated throwing his seed on the ground,
    G-d killed him.
    Logical Fallacy: Appeal to unwarranted authority.

    It is a sin. Dude, your going to hell if you keep it up!
    Logical Fallacy: Man-made (fabricated) definition.
    Humanity cheats Natural Selection because its inferiors are allowed to continue to exist. Inevitably, there will be no way to escape obesity, diabetes, stupidity, and hair loss. Do me a favor by killing yourself and your family.
    You're not crazy, you won't PM me-
    Reply With Quote  
     

  94. #93 Re: Masturbation 
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyd
    When a man in the bible masturbated throwing his seed on the ground,
    G-d killed him. It is a sin. Dude, your going to hell if you keep it up!
    You are already addicted. I bet that you can't stop now.
    How many other things are sins in the bible, though? Why encourage the following of one rule when there a dozens more that everyone breaks?

    The part of the bible dealing with masturbation is the same part that deals with not eating pork, but I doubt you give them equal weight. I also doubt you attack members of other religions like you're supposed to, or that you stone people to death for insignificant crimes.

    If you're going to try to force your rules on others, stick to them yourself first.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  95. #94  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    814
    Hear hear!

    Let those without sin....erm.....hurl the biggest rock and then run!
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  96. #95  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    let those without sin hurl the biggest load and then run... Ugh, debasing a natural practice with religion... Gotta love it.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  97. #96  
    Forum Junior Sfere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands Texas
    Posts
    254
    Masturbation can be addictive. People with an addictive personality are extremely susceptible to compulsive sexual behavior or CSB . OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) is the clinical umbrella for people with such disorders. Non-paraphilic behavior such as excessive masturbation can be a problem if one is unable to control their sexual impulses. It comes down to this, is it a compulsion, or a obsession? If it is neither, play away. Age plays a cruel trick on us, enjoy it while you can
    YOUR ONLY CULTURE IS BACTERIA!

    I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying ~ RUMI

    Ego stands in the way of love. When it is removed we can flow like a river. ~AMMA~


    LIVE AS IF YOU ARE TO DIE TOMORROW. LEARN AS IF YOU ARE TO LIVE FOREVER...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •