Notices
Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Psychopathic Tendency

  1. #1 Psychopathic Tendency 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Relative Space
    Posts
    24
    O.C.D, hygienic distress, and social neglect.

    The I.Q in higher ranges, my perceptions is that a

    human who thinks they know the truth has no

    meaning. This creates a psychotic tendency and

    birth of a individual to have a criminal mind.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,324
    ahh.....nearly incoherent...but I'll try.

    Criminal IQ generally runs pretty low, though there's obviously a wide range and exceptions.
    Social neglect at a young age is not in dispute.


    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastema View Post
    O.C.D, hygienic distress, and social neglect.

    The I.Q in higher ranges, my perceptions is that a

    human who thinks they know the truth has no

    meaning. This creates a psychotic tendency and

    birth of a individual to have a criminal mind.
    Evidence?
    Supporting data?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Criminal IQ generally runs pretty low, though there's obviously a wide range and exceptions.
    I would amend that to say that among the criminals who have been caught, IQ runs pretty low.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastema View Post
    O.C.D, hygienic distress, and social neglect.

    The I.Q in higher ranges, my perceptions is that a

    human who thinks they know the truth has no

    meaning. This creates a psychotic tendency and

    birth of a individual to have a criminal mind.
    there is a difference between classifying human behaviour and then justifying the classification based on a misconcept of "mental disorder" or "criminal mind" and trying to understand why a human would "risc" to demonstrate deviating behaviour and subsequently be classified accordingly.
    OCD: did you ever find yourselve in the situation where you entered a dark room, flicked the lightswitch and the room stayed dark? Did you by any chance flicked that switch a couple of times? I guess you demonstrated OCD for a brief period of time.
    hygienic distress: it does wonders to have good hygienic routines, both in feeling good and social acceptance
    social neglect: a baby of less than 1 month old has had the opportunity to train his central brain (responsible for emotions) and his social skills in order to get food . After 1 month his vision starts to develop and the central brain now has to compete with the frontal lobes (finding a good balance between EQ and IQ)
    truth:within the eyes of the beholder
    psychosys: a condition in which a human is confronted with 2 information streams at the same time: what he observes and what normally happens during your sleep (dreaming)
    emergency stop button:an engineering solution which require only coarse motoric function,which suggests that stress challenges a human body to exercise complex motoric function
    stress:a condition which occurs in which the central brain experience "panic" and the frontal lobe tries to find an external cause.The human body has three handles to deal with such a situation: adrenaline (regulating hart pump rate),serotonine (short latency),cortisol (long latency)
    timing deficiancies in those regulating systems can lead to various disorders
    criminal mind:no such thing
    a law is necesairy to regulate behavior within a society.Adam and Eve only required 1 rule, Moses 10 rules, nowadays even a lawyer needs to specialise
    a human is considered to be innocent, until otherwise proven.Some people might find an opportunity in this.
    Would you consider the raping and looting, happening short after WW2 the exercise of a criminal or an opportunistic mind?
    acceptable medical treatment of mental illness:
    300 years ago: hanging the patient upside down and clubbing the evil spirits out
    post Vietnam war: make an intrusion with an icepick asside the eyeball and poke around a bit, very succesfull for treatment of shellshock, only minor side effects:some character changes (really?)
    nowadays: chemical treatment (medication) problem here is that regulating externally makes it extreem difficult for a body to reclaim normal operating window (rebalancing internal
    timing deficiancies)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    OCD: did you ever find yourselve in the situation where you entered a dark room, flicked the lightswitch and the room stayed dark? Did you by any chance flicked that switch a couple of times? I guess you demonstrated OCD for a brief period of time.
    That's not an example of OCD.

    social neglect: a baby of less than 1 month old has had the opportunity to train his central brain (responsible for emotions) and his social skills in order to get food . After 1 month his vision starts to develop and the central brain now has to compete with the frontal lobes (finding a good balance between EQ and IQ)
    truth:within the eyes of the beholder
    psychosys: a condition in which a human is confronted with 2 information streams at the same time: what he observes and what normally happens during your sleep (dreaming)
    Citations needed.

    emergency stop button:an engineering solution which require only coarse motoric function,which suggests that stress challenges a human body to exercise complex motoric function
    Drivel.

    stress:a condition which occurs in which the central brain experience "panic"
    Citation needed.

    criminal mind:no such thing
    That would depend how one defines "criminal mind, no?

    Adam and Eve only required 1 rule, Moses 10 rules
    Bull. Sh*t.

    a human is considered to be innocent, until otherwise proven.
    In some societies that is the case.
    In Communist Russia it was the opposite (from what I've read).
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    OCD: did you ever find yourselve in the situation where you entered a dark room, flicked the lightswitch and the room stayed dark? Did you by any chance flicked that switch a couple of times? I guess you demonstrated OCD for a brief period of time.
    That's not an example of OCD.
    true, OCD is a name of a desease. i am not qualified to treat a desease, therefore there isn't a requirement to make such a diagnosis
    however i am allowed to observe human behaviour,irrelavant if that behaviour is concidered to be normal,criminal or an effect of an underlying desease

    social neglect: a baby of less than 1 month old has had the opportunity to train his central brain (responsible for emotions) and his social skills in order to get food . After 1 month his vision starts to develop and the central brain now has to compete with the frontal lobes (finding a good balance between EQ and IQ)
    truth:within the eyes of the beholder
    psychosys: a condition in which a human is confronted with 2 information streams at the same time: what he observes and what normally happens during your sleep (dreaming)
    Citations needed.
    euh...on the social neglect or the psychosys part?

    emergency stop button:an engineering solution which require only coarse motoric function,which suggests that stress challenges a human body to exercise complex motoric function
    Drivel.
    ABS: the decellaration of a car is maximized when brake pedal is pushed, without the tires loosing grip.it requires less of a skillset to generate a reflex rather than a controlled brake application
    proper training of a human body allows it to operate in an extended range of challenging situations, thus limiting the the operation under stress condition

    stress:a condition which occurs in which the central brain experience "panic"
    Citation needed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzFAzCDr2o

    criminal mind:no such thing
    That would depend how one defines "criminal mind, no?
    criminal means exercise behaviour which a law forbids
    there isn't a law that forbids to plan a robbery, there is a law that forbids to execute a robbery

    Adam and Eve only required 1 rule, Moses 10 rules
    Bull. Sh*t.
    point i was trying to make:
    there is a latency between observing unwanted behavior and provide for a law that adresses unwanted behaviour
    it would however be a wrong conclusion that human becomes more "criminal" with increasing population density


    a human is considered to be innocent, until otherwise proven.
    In some societies that is the case.
    In Communist Russia it was the opposite (from what I've read).[/QUOTE]
    the opposite would be inpractical, it would require to much of a prison infrastructure
    each governmental infrastructure has its propaganda and cencorship, again it would be "inpractical" to run a government from within a prison
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    true, OCD is a name of a desease. i am not qualified to treat a desease, therefore there isn't a requirement to make such a diagnosis
    And yet you DID "feel qualified" to describe one particular behaviour as being that disease.

    however i am allowed to observe human behaviour,irrelavant if that behaviour is concidered to be normal,criminal or an effect of an underlying desease
    So why did you ascribe that behaviour to that disease?

    euh...on the social neglect or the psychosys part?
    All of it.

    ABS: the decellaration of a car is maximized when brake pedal is pushed, without the tires loosing grip.it requires less of a skillset to generate a reflex rather than a controlled brake application
    proper training of a human body allows it to operate in an extended range of challenging situations, thus limiting the the operation under stress condition
    Repeating nonsense doesn't stop it being nonsense.


    1) Youtube isn't a scientific paper.
    2) I'm not going to trawl through 50+ minutes of video to find your point.

    criminal means exercise behaviour which a law forbids
    there isn't a law that forbids to plan a robbery, there is a law that forbids to execute a robbery
    Using your own argument: carrying out a robbery is "exercising behaviour" forbidden by law.
    And planning a robbery could fall under conspiracy - also illegal.

    point i was trying to make:
    Then you should have made that point.

    the opposite would be inpractical, it would require to much of a prison infrastructure
    And yet that was the practice in Communist Russia.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    And yet you DID "feel qualified" to describe one particular behaviour as being that disease.
    So why did you ascribe that behaviour to that disease?
    source:https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...lsive-disorder
    quote:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors or mental acts that a person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    reduction:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    the difference:after 5 seconds or so flicking the lightswich, your brain managed to observe that the expected outcome of the action does not produce the expected result, the serotonine has had chance to do his work.would that person have a deficiancy in the serotonine distribution, production or timing he would keep flicking that lightswitch and "the ritual" becomes an obsession.

    1) Youtube isn't a scientific paper.
    2) I'm not going to trawl through 50+ minutes of video to find your point.
    indeed, youtube is a platform for sharing audio/visual content
    i made the point, you asked for a citation
    try google :amygdala,thalamus
    P.S. google isn't a scientific paper neither, it's a search engine

    And planning a robbery could fall under conspiracy - also illegal.
    conspiracy requires at least two persons
    what i meant was planning as an example of human thought eg "criminal thinking"

    And yet that was the practice in Communist Russia.
    i guess you referring to Stalin period?
    innocent people getting punished happens everywhere
    google: China 1 child policy
    anything more innocent than a new born child?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    source:https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...lsive-disorder
    quote:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors or mental acts that a person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    reduction:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    the difference:after 5 seconds or so flicking the lightswich, your brain managed to observe that the expected outcome of the action does not produce the expected result, the serotonine has had chance to do his work.would that person have a deficiancy in the serotonine distribution, production or timing he would keep flicking that lightswitch and "the ritual" becomes an obsession.
    A) Flicking the light switch on and off occasionally does NOT constitute a repetitive disorder.
    B) You're still ascribing a medical condition when you've already admitted you're not qualified to do so.

    i made the point, you asked for a citation
    And you didn't give one.
    What you've done is the equivalent (at best) of linking to a thick book when you should have provided a direct quote.

    try google :amygdala,thalamus
    Still wrong: it's not up to me to search for support for your argument.

    conspiracy requires at least two persons
    And?

    what i meant was planning as an example of human thought eg "criminal thinking"
    Yet you essentially denied that "criminal thinking" exists.

    i guess you referring to Stalin period?
    Communist Russia still existed after Stalin died.

    innocent people getting punished happens everywhere
    google: China 1 child policy
    anything more innocent than a new born child?
    Beside the point. Please address what I wrote.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    [QUOTE=Dywyddyr;609995]
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    source:https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...lsive-disorder
    quote:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors or mental acts that a person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    reduction:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    the difference:after 5 seconds or so flicking the lightswich, your brain managed to observe that the expected outcome of the action does not produce the expected result, the serotonine has had chance to do his work.would that person have a deficiancy in the serotonine distribution, production or timing he would keep flicking that lightswitch and "the ritual" becomes an obsession.
    A) Flicking the light switch on and off occasionally does NOT constitute a repetitive disorder.
    B) You're still ascribing a medical condition when you've already admitted you're not qualified to do so.
    you apperently read things which are not there:
    repetive disorder VS repetive behavior

    i made the point, you asked for a citation
    And you didn't give one.
    source:Amygdala - The Brain Made Simple
    extract:When you think of the amygdala, you should think of one word. Fear. The amygdala is the reason we are afraid of things outside our control. It also controls the way we react to certain stimuli, or an event that causes an emotion, that we see as potentially threatening or dangerous.
    happy?


    what i meant was planning as an example of human thought eg "criminal thinking"
    Yet you essentially denied that "criminal thinking" exists.
    i put criminal thinking between brackets to avoid a reply as you provided for, guess i failed

    i guess you referring to Stalin period?
    Communist Russia still existed after Stalin died.
    starting from"a human is innocent until opposite is proven" arriving at wether or not communist Russia still exist....amazing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    [QUOTE=Dywyddyr;609995]
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    source:https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...lsive-disorder
    quote:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors or mental acts that a person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    reduction:Compulsions are repetitive behaviors. The behaviors are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or a feared situation.
    the difference:after 5 seconds or so flicking the lightswich, your brain managed to observe that the expected outcome of the action does not produce the expected result, the serotonine has had chance to do his work.would that person have a deficiancy in the serotonine distribution, production or timing he would keep flicking that lightswitch and "the ritual" becomes an obsession.
    A) Flicking the light switch on and off occasionally does NOT constitute a repetitive disorder.
    B) You're still ascribing a medical condition when you've already admitted you're not qualified to do so.
    you apperently read things which are not there:
    repetive disorder VS repetive behavior

    i made the point, you asked for a citation
    And you didn't give one.
    source:Amygdala - The Brain Made Simple
    extract:When you think of the amygdala, you should think of one word. Fear. The amygdala is the reason we are afraid of things outside our control. It also controls the way we react to certain stimuli, or an event that causes an emotion, that we see as potentially threatening or dangerous.
    happy?


    what i meant was planning as an example of human thought eg "criminal thinking"
    Yet you essentially denied that "criminal thinking" exists.
    i put criminal thinking between brackets to avoid a reply as you provided for, guess i failed

    i guess you referring to Stalin period?
    Communist Russia still existed after Stalin died.
    starting from"a human is innocent until opposite is proven" arriving at wether or not communist Russia still exist....amazing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    source:Amygdala - The Brain Made Simple
    extract:When you think of the amygdala, you should think of one word. Fear. The amygdala is the reason we are afraid of things outside our control. It also controls the way we react to certain stimuli, or an event that causes an emotion, that we see as potentially threatening or dangerous.
    happy?

    Considering that the point you're trying to support is "stress:a condition which occurs in which the central brain experience "panic"" and that neither "stress" nor "panic" are mentioned then: No.

    i put criminal thinking between brackets to avoid a reply as you provided for, guess i failed
    You were trying to avoid replying?
    Is that because you can't support your position?

    starting from"a human is innocent until opposite is proven" arriving at wether or not communist Russia still exist....amazing
    Yup, and you still haven't acknowledged that your claim was erroneous.
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an incorrect view...
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    source:Amygdala - The Brain Made Simple
    extract:When you think of the amygdala, you should think of one word. Fear. The amygdala is the reason we are afraid of things outside our control. It also controls the way we react to certain stimuli, or an event that causes an emotion, that we see as potentially threatening or dangerous.
    happy?

    Considering that the point you're trying to support is "stress:a condition which occurs in which the central brain experience "panic"" and that neither "stress" nor "panic" are mentioned then: No


    source:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic.../english/panic
    quote:
    panic:a sudden strong feeling of fear that prevents reasonable thought and action

    You were trying to avoid replying?
    Is that because you can't support your position?
    original statement: no such thing as a criminal mind
    a human mind's thinking process cannot be observed
    human behavior can be observed (and be judged upon), therefore it can be judged as being criminal
    your point:conspiracy is criminal, my reply:it requires at least two persons and therefore communication, which is a form of behavior

    starting from"a human is innocent until opposite is proven" arriving at wether or not communist Russia still exist....amazing
    Yup, and you still haven't acknowledged that your claim was erroneous.
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an incorrect view...
    ahumm...you agreed on the quote, but stated there are exceptions(communist Russia)on which i replied that exceptions could be found everywhere
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an argument
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    panic:a sudden strong feeling of fear that prevents reasonable thought and action
    Correct. Panic can be fear but fear isn't always panic.
    Keep trying.

    original statement: no such thing as a criminal mind
    a human mind's thinking process cannot be observed
    In which case - since it can't be observed (a dubious claim in itself) then don't you think it's wrong of you to make a definitive statement about it?

    human behavior can be observed (and be judged upon), therefore it can be judged as being criminal
    your point:conspiracy is criminal, my reply:it requires at least two persons and therefore communication, which is a form of behavior
    Except that indulging in a group behaviour is indicative of the thinking processes involved, no?

    ahumm...you agreed on the quote, but stated there are exceptions(communist Russia)on which i replied that exceptions could be found everywhere
    I didn't "agree" I pointed out that your claim is true in some societies: it is not, and shouldn't be taken as, an absolute and nor should "exceptions" be claimed as such.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an argument
    Most people here are scientifically trained, when people post incorrect or illogical statements or display sloppy thinking (as you do in almost every post you make)we try and correct them and get them to think clearly. This is not "maintaining an argument" but trying to help you! Only the willfully ignorant don't like this, don't be that guy, they tend not to last very long around here...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an argument
    Most people here are scientifically trained, when people post incorrect or illogical statements or display sloppy thinking (as you do in almost every post you make)we try and correct them and get them to think clearly. This is not "maintaining an argument" but trying to help you! Only the willfully ignorant don't like this, don't be that guy, they tend not to last very long around here...
    all people here (except for myselve) i do not know in person, therefore i am impaired to make a fast proper judgement of character, I can however judge character on assesment of what I write and what/how someone replies.
    "we the scientifically trained" suggests have been subject to a certain paradigm, if scientific knowledge would be complete AND without contradiction, I wouldn't be posting anything, i would be reading instead.
    "almost every post":thanks for making some allowance
    "trying to help you":some posts can be characterized as such, some are a bit how shall i put it...an expression of over defensive thought with the aim to protect the social structure of "we the scientifically trained".
    "willfully ignorant":i do not consider myselve as such, though i might be vieuwed differently
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    all people here (except for myselve) i do not know in person, therefore i am impaired to make a fast proper judgement of character, I can however judge character on assesment of what I write and what/how someone replies.
    "we the scientifically trained" suggests have been subject to a certain paradigm, if scientific knowledge would be complete AND without contradiction, I wouldn't be posting anything, i would be reading instead.
    "almost every post":thanks for making some allowance
    "trying to help you":some posts can be characterized as such, some are a bit how shall i put it...an expression of over defensive thought with the aim to protect the social structure of "we the scientifically trained".
    "willfully ignorant":i do not consider myselve as such, though i might be vieuwed differently
    This is almost ALL complete nonsense.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat
    Some people apparently will go to great lengths to maintain an argument
    Most people here are scientifically trained, when people post incorrect or illogical statements or display sloppy thinking (as you do in almost every post you make)we try and correct them and get them to think clearly. This is not "maintaining an argument" but trying to help you! Only the willfully ignorant don't like this, don't be that guy, they tend not to last very long around here...
    all people here (except for myselve) i do not know in person, therefore i am impaired to make a fast proper judgement of character, I can however judge character on assesment of what I write and what/how someone replies.
    "we the scientifically trained" suggests have been subject to a certain paradigm, if scientific knowledge would be complete AND without contradiction, I wouldn't be posting anything, i would be reading instead.
    "almost every post":thanks for making some allowance
    "trying to help you":some posts can be characterized as such, some are a bit how shall i put it...an expression of over defensive thought with the aim to protect the social structure of "we the scientifically trained".
    "willfully ignorant":i do not consider myselve as such, though i might be vieuwed differently
    The handle “perdurat” is a combination of the French “perdu” meaning lost and the English “rat”; so together we get….I’m sorry; I should be banned for this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    a human mind's thinking process cannot be observed
    In which case - since it can't be observed (a dubious claim in itself)
    then provide for a method

    human behavior can be observed (and be judged upon), therefore it can be judged as being criminal
    your point:conspiracy is criminal, my reply:it requires at least two persons and therefore communication, which is a form of behavior
    Except that indulging in a group behaviour is indicative of the thinking processes involved, no?
    true, there are thinking processes involved
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    then provide for a method
    What?
    A method for what?

    true, there are thinking processes involved
    Exactly. And could that thinking not be described as "criminal thinking"?

    I'm STILL waiting for you support your claims.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexspits View Post
    The handle “perdurat” is a combination of the French “perdu” meaning lost and the English “rat”; so together we get….I’m sorry; I should be banned for this.
    there is that connection
    there is a connection with the translation from latin
    positively: persistent
    negatively: stubborn, ignorant, annoying
    there is a connection with a statue from which i got the idea, called:
    "penneris perdurat poeta"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    there is a connection with a statue from which i got the idea, called:
    "penneris perdurat poeta"
    This post of yours succinctly demonstrates the attitude you display throughout - "close enough is good enough, never mind accuracy and I can't be bothered to check".
    The actual wording is perennis perdurat poeta.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    [QUOTE=Dywyddyr;610047]
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    then provide for a method
    What?
    A method for what?
    a method that provides for the support of the statement that the statement "human thought can't be observed" is dubious
    or in other words: how can human thought be observed?

    true, there are thinking processes involved
    Exactly. And could that thinking not be described as "criminal thinking"?
    for all i care you can describe it as you want
    fact remains: criminal means demonstrating BEHAVIOR outside the law
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    a method that provides for the support of the statement that the statement "human thought can't be observed" is dubious
    Given that the original claim - "a human mind's thinking process cannot be observed" was yours and you have signally failed to support it what makes you think that I ought to provide evidence?
    (Although, on my side we have, for example, psycvhology...)

    for all i care you can describe it as you want
    fact remains: criminal means demonstrating BEHAVIOR outside the law
    Beside the point: the claim (of yours) was that there's no such thing as a criminal mind.
    Simply stating that criminal behaviour is actually what gets you into trouble with the law doesn't support your claim.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,550
    Yep looks like ratty is someone I have no time to waste on...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    there is a connection with a statue from which i got the idea, called:
    "penneris perdurat poeta"
    The actual wording is perennis perdurat poeta.
    oeps my mistake, thanks for correcting
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    (Although, on my side we have, for example, psycvhology...)
    "an expression of over defensive thought with the aim to protect the social structure of "we the scientifically trained""
    consider: psychology vs psycvhology
    consider reading: plato's cave
    i am throwing the towel in the ring
    job well done !
    ...rat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by perdurat View Post
    "an expression of over defensive thought with the aim to protect the social structure of "we the scientifically trained""
    And THAT is a good example of "not having the first clue as to what you're talking about".

    consider: psychology vs psycvhology
    You want me to "consider" an established (and supported) discipline vs a made up word?

    consider reading: plato's cave
    Already have.

    i am throwing the towel in the ring
    So long as you stop making unsupported claims then that's a good thing.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •