Notices
Results 1 to 53 of 53
Like Tree53Likes
  • 8 Post By Dywyddyr
  • 3 Post By scheherazade
  • 1 Post By cosmictraveler
  • 5 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By icewendigo
  • 1 Post By scheherazade
  • 2 Post By billvon
  • 1 Post By Dywyddyr
  • 1 Post By LuciDreaming
  • 1 Post By Zwolver
  • 2 Post By Weterman
  • 2 Post By Dywyddyr
  • 1 Post By scheherazade
  • 1 Post By scheherazade
  • 2 Post By scheherazade
  • 2 Post By Dywyddyr
  • 3 Post By adelady
  • 1 Post By LuciDreaming
  • 1 Post By adelady
  • 1 Post By babe
  • 2 Post By Stargate
  • 3 Post By Ascended
  • 2 Post By icewendigo
  • 3 Post By Flick Montana
  • 2 Post By scheherazade
  • 1 Post By Dywyddyr

Thread: Why are some guys more scared of girls than dangerous things?

  1. #1 Why are some guys more scared of girls than dangerous things? 
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why? And why was it easier to do dangerous things, than talk to girls?

    Now it's the opposite, I enjoy talking to girls more than guys. Why?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Ridiculous question based on a ridiculous premise.
    What makes you think girls aren't dangerous?


    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    "The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."

    Friedrich Nietzsche


    KALSTER, RedPanda and umbradiago like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Check your birth certificate. Note today's date. Calculate your age. There is the answer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why? And why was it easier to do dangerous things, than talk to girls?

    Now it's the opposite, I enjoy talking to girls more than guys. Why?
    I would say animal instincts. Those feelings cause animals/primates to fall into a certain place within their group.

    (example theory)

    You were scared of girls so you would stay in groups with other young males, there you played and learned life skills.

    You then past that stage of play (learning life skills), and then you lost your fear of girls so you could find a mate/breed. ex.ex.

    I also assume males who fear girls/women are less common than those who don't.


    Or perhaps these behaviors are natures way of providing diversity, so animals within a group have different behaviors (thus allowing members of a species to fall into different niches.)

    I wonder if some gay males have a fear of males when they are young?


    I too was scared of girls when I was young, but my fear never went away (it only decreased a bit.)

    Chad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    I remain DEADLY.....both as a girl and a woman.

    BEWARE!!

    *chuckle*

    I know few men that are afraid of girls or women.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why?
    Because that's just you. Other people are different.

    When my younger daughter was in preschool daycare, her two best friends were one boy and one girl. He seemed just to fit in without a care. They remained friendly when they all went to school - attended each other's birthday parties and all that sort of thing.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    I never had a problem talking with girls growing up its just that they didn't talk back to me many times.
    RedPanda likes this.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I know few men that are afraid of girls or women.
    Ignorance is bliss...
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    I would suggest that a great many men are somewhat apprehensive of women and speaking to them, especially if they find them attractive and/or available. They are fearful of coming across the wrong way because women are often stronger in conversation skills than men and they are also afraid that their advances might not be welcome or even flat out rebuffed.

    Rejection of any kind is rather painful.

    If you are now comfortable in speaking with girls/young women, Weterman, that should prove to your advantage when you are of a mind to seek a companion for a relationship. Most relationships are based on propinquity.

    Propinquity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Simple.

    A "dangerous thing" has the potential to kill you.

    A scorned woman has the power to make you beg for the dangerous thing to kill you.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    IMO, There's no more logical reasons to be afraid of girls than to be afraid of kids with green eyes or with blond hair, that are capricorn or skorpio, or of a rock on the ground, no logical reason.
    The reason you were afraid is most likely a result of your social environment which most probably fabricated/intensified differences between you and other human beings of your age which were categorized as "girls" as opposed to your (presumed to be) label "boy".
    You probably observed the sexism in your culture as being normal and how it should be (the same way if you were in a cannibal tribe you would learn that eating humans is normal, and a hunter tribe that killing animals and eating them is normal)
    From this premise/environment, various reasons/insecurities/personal-experiences,etc then played a part in the particular reaction to girls.


    This makes me think of a time (long ago) when I went to visit a cousin who lived in an insular/traditional/conservative culture and we went to a local dance club. When I got there I was surprised (Im not making this up btw) to see only women on the dance floor dancing
    From my perspective it was like discovering gold nuggets jack pot or shooting fish in a barrel (zero competition, not familiar with the expression hope it makes sense) since all the men where just standing around watching doing nothing whatsoever and sipping beer
    I was smiling, eyes wide open "great!" and quickly proceeded to the dance floor to dance/mingle/meet the women, but then my cousin with a horrified confused look of embarrassment and desperation said
    "WAIT!" "What are you doing?!? you cant dance!"
    -"of course I can, thats where all the women are, Ive never seen this, wow"
    -"Noooooo, no, people will think your gay / not manly!" (to them back then being gay was apparently very bad)
    Last edited by icewendigo; March 20th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.
    scheherazade likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    "The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."

    Friedrich Nietzsche


    My dear Cher, may I change Nietzsche's quote to sound a little simpler and dangerous.

    The true man wants one thing, that is a true woman, only then does he have all the danger and play he does not want. Lol.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why? And why was it easier to do dangerous things, than talk to girls?

    Now it's the opposite, I enjoy talking to girls more than guys. Why?
    I think you have found the woman in you, and you like her.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    I dont understand the link people appear to make between women and danger. what's the catch?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    "The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."

    Friedrich Nietzsche


    My dear Cher, may I change Nietzsche's quote to sound a little simpler and dangerous.

    The true man wants one thing, that is a true woman, only then does he have all the danger and play he does not want. Lol.
    My take on your rewording is that it comes across as being rather ambiguous and contradictory, but hey, if it floats your boat...
    Messing with the words of the master, though, could be interpreted as dangerous in itself.
    Stargate likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    I would suggest that a great many men are somewhat apprehensive of women and speaking to them, especially if they find them attractive and/or available. They are fearful of coming across the wrong way because women are often stronger in conversation skills than men and they are also afraid that their advances might not be welcome or even flat out rebuffed.
    And are perhaps just afraid of the potentials for relationships, and the strength of their own feelings. It reminds of Milan Kundera's quote:

    "What is vertigo? Fear of falling? No, Vertigo is something other than fear of falling. It is the voice of the emptiness below us which tempts and lures us, it is the desire to fall, against which, terrified, we defend ourselves."
    scheherazade and Stargate like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Simple.
    A "dangerous thing" has the potential to kill you.
    A scorned woman has the power to make you beg for the dangerous thing to kill you.
    And some women just kill you inside.
    scheherazade likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Masters Degree LuciDreaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why? And why was it easier to do dangerous things, than talk to girls?

    Now it's the opposite, I enjoy talking to girls more than guys. Why?
    Because we know what you're thinking before you do..... we see you!
    Stargate likes this.
    "And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh" Nietzsche.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Simple.
    A "dangerous thing" has the potential to kill you.
    A scorned woman has the power to make you beg for the dangerous thing to kill you.
    And some women just kill you inside.

    So does cyanide.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Professor Zwolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,676
    Nice, a tread about women.

    Well, we seem to be off the facts, and onto the fun stuff. So i will just give my opinion mixed with some facts and be off then.

    Men are pretty weird when it comes to distinguishing physical danger, with emotional danger. A man's pride, mainly his bravure, but also his fantasy of himself keeps a man kinda sane. Risking to smudge this pride, or fantasy of himself, puts his ego down the drain. So then a man is emotionally damaged. For any man who simply does not feel good enough about himself, because of past experiences, has his ego, and his self image he created himself, easily damaged. And when this happens a man's day is ruined. He will have to regroup and come back to his senses.

    On the other way, if a man has physical harm, say a kick in the nuts. He will feel pain, but this pain is temporary. We men forget this stuff very easily. However we do make changes in our behavior to prevent another nut-kicking.

    Therefore a man's balls are not his most precious and breakable organ, it's his fantasy/ego.

    Yes, there are guys whose ego has been stroked so long and hard, they refuse to believe anything anyone else tells them, because they are amazing. Thank you for that, women (sarcasm).


    Why do we guys risk it? Because we don't like kissing guys.. Well most of us don't.. For those who do.. bless you guys.. :-)
    chad likes this.
    Growing up, i marveled at star-trek's science, and ignored the perfect society. Now, i try to ignore their science, and marvel at the society.

    Imagine, being able to create matter out of thin air, and not coming up with using drones for boarding hostile ships. Or using drones to defend your own ship. Heck, using drones to block energy attacks, counterattack or for surveillance. Unless, of course, they are nano-machines in your blood, which is a billion times more complex..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    so if i understand the logic, if a mans ego is his balls and he likes his ego to be stroked long and hard, the conclusion inuendo is that a man likes his balls stroked(massaged?) long and hard? ok. fair enough. I still dont get the danger aspect attributed to women.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    so if i understand the logic, if a mans ego is his balls and he likes his ego to be stroked long and hard, the conclusion inuendo is that a man likes his balls stroked(massaged?) long and hard? ok. fair enough. I still dont get the danger aspect attributed to women.


    When I was little, I was scared of talking to girls. Why? And why was it easier to do dangerous things, than talk to girls?

    Now it's the opposite, I enjoy talking to girls more than guys. Why?
    I think danger is in everything therefore if you talk to girls it could also be dangerous, either way. As for my ego, my balls are not the only part of my ego that is important.

    Therefore a man's balls are not his most precious and breakable organ, it's his fantasy/ego.
    This is the quote from Zwolver, I would add the aspect of mans expectations to the mix.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Maybe because some guys are not familiar with girls, and the unknown can be dangerous. A guy should know what getting punched is like. But he might not know what talking to a girl is like.
    scheherazade and Stargate like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    A guy should know what getting punched is like. But he might not know what talking to a girl is like.
    Something massively wrong with priorities there, methinks.
    Someone's been fed too much macho bullshit.
    LuciDreaming and babe like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    I had a young co-worker who collected knives and as I have some understanding of their type and utility, he was really impressed and afforded me the highest compliment of, "You rock!" We were also in the habit at this venue of taking turns being the provider of coffee from Tim Horton's yet my admirer did not pick up on my subtle hints that perhaps he should bring me a French Vanilla.

    Finally, one day, he asked, "Oh!? You want me to bring you a coffee?"

    I replied that I had indeed been making subtle hints for a while now. His reply was the best advice I have ever gotten in regard to communicating with men.

    "Guys don't DO subtle. They don't GET it. If you want something, all you have to do is ask."

    Wow. What an eye opener. I had no idea that it was that simple. Speak clearly and precisely to the object of your concern and people will do their best to render appropriate action. I have used that advice frequently and most men seem to greatly appreciate that they don't have to guess about what I am saying.
    Stargate likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    A guy should know what getting punched is like. But he might not know what talking to a girl is like.
    Something massively wrong with priorities there, methinks.
    Someone's been fed too much macho bullshit.
    I interpreted Weterman's sentence as "A guy may well be expected to know what getting punched is like..." rather than it being mandatory to get punched just because you are a guy.
    Stargate likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    I interpreted Weterman's sentence as "A guy may well be expected to know what getting punched is like..." rather than it being mandatory to get punched just because you are a guy.
    Even that interpretation is a skewed viewpoint though.
    Why is it more "acceptable" (or expected) for a guy to know what fighting is like than it is for him to know how to talk to a girl?
    I never understood that attitude. (Prevalent though it was/ is).

    FFS women comprise roughly 50% of the people on the planet 1. You have to go out of your way to get into a fight (or into someone else's way...)

    1 A shocking oversight on someone's part, but we're stuck with it.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    I interpreted Weterman's sentence as "A guy may well be expected to know what getting punched is like..." rather than it being mandatory to get punched just because you are a guy.
    Even that interpretation is a skewed viewpoint though.
    Why is it more "acceptable" (or expected) for a guy to know what fighting is like than it is for him to know how to talk to a girl?
    I never understood that attitude. (Prevalent though it was/ is).
    Were you an only child then? I have three brothers and in my observation, they are inclined to get physical once words fail them.

    FFS women comprise roughly 50% of the people on the planet 1. You have to go out of your way to get into a fight (or into someone else's way...)

    1 A shocking oversight on someone's part, but we're stuck with it.
    In my experience, many women have a more 'wordy' style of communicating and not all men are willing or able to filter through the preamble, the analysis and the conclusion. The majority would prefer an 'executive summary' and an indication of what resolution or action is deemed necessary.
    babe and Stargate like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Were you an only child then?
    Eldest of four.

    In my experience, many women have a more 'wordy' style of communicating and not all men are willing or able to filter through the preamble, the analysis and the conclusion. The majority would prefer an 'executive summary' and an indication of what resolution or action is deemed necessary.
    Think. Then act. (Or not1).


    1 Sometimes, by the time you've thought the moment has passed.
    scheherazade and babe like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    I dont understand the link people appear to make between women and danger. what's the catch?
    Perhaps they fear a woman breaking their heart. A woman can break your heart and leave you empty, depressed, and lost for years (or with some men a lifetime.)

    Or maybe they fear falling in love and loosing their freedom.
    Or maybe they fear falling in love and spending all their money on a woman.


    Here's a Yahoo answers link that asked, "What makes women dangerous, and why?

    What makes women dangerous, and why? - Yahoo Answers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    Perhaps they fear a woman breaking their heart. A woman can break your heart and leave you empty, depressed, and lost for years (or with some men a lifetime.)
    And no woman in the history of ever has suffered a broken heart for the loss of a loved or desired man.

    What you're describing is universal, not sex specific.
    LuciDreaming, babe and Stargate like this.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Masters Degree LuciDreaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cambridgeshire
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post


    Here's a Yahoo answers link that asked, "What makes women dangerous, and why?

    What makes women dangerous, and why? - Yahoo Answers
    And full of bullcrap answers and nonsense I might add.
    adelady likes this.
    "And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh" Nietzsche.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    Thanks for that, Lucidreaming.

    I hadn't clicked on it even though I thought I was being a bit judgmental, maybe prejudiced, in assuming I knew what to expect on the other end.

    Cynicism wins again! Sad, really.
    LuciDreaming likes this.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by adelady View Post
    Perhaps they fear a woman breaking their heart. A woman can break your heart and leave you empty, depressed, and lost for years (or with some men a lifetime.)
    And no woman in the history of ever has suffered a broken heart for the loss of a loved or desired man.

    What you're describing is universal, not sex specific.

    I was only trying to answer the question why men equate women to danger. And I agree with everything you said above. I think I will stop talking now.

    Have a nice day/night adelady,
    Chad.
    Last edited by chad; March 21st, 2014 at 02:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    I have had my heart broken by a couple of men in my lifetime and even on occasion my spouse due to words, which is why I always say THINK before you expound because once those words leave your mouth you CANNOT TAKE THEM BACK, EVER.

    I don't think women are any less afraid of men then men of women!

    I have a friend, who is a professional musician, that I once dated and remain close to this day 46 years later....who once told me that all these guys had a crush on me in school? WHAT? Well sheesh if they did, they never approached me....why? I was never unapproachable to any person. I wasn't scary. Granted I was always on the road touring, but damnganit.....I missed out! I would have been TERRIFIED to approach some of these guys!! I mean....I was little miss music/art/theatre and they were Mr. Football or something along those lines. What would I have said to them? "Are you auditioning for the musical at so and so theatre?" "What IS a half back, a whole back an a quarterback? Why do they say you are a tight end? I mean I would have sounded so STUPID.

    My point is this.

    Male OR Female. We are the same. We are afraid of rejection, looking stupid and getting hurt. I think I refer to it as human nature.
    scheherazade likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciDreaming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post


    Here's a Yahoo answers link that asked, "What makes women dangerous, and why?

    What makes women dangerous, and why? - Yahoo Answers

    And full of bullcrap answers and nonsense I might add.
    I also do not agree with the yahoo version of women being dangerous, women are no different to men in one way and different in another way, basically how can we that different if we have to deal with each other.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I have had my heart broken by a couple of men in my lifetime and even on occasion my spouse due to words, which is why I always say THINK before you expound because once those words leave your mouth you CANNOT TAKE THEM BACK, EVER.

    I don't think women are any less afraid of men then men of women!

    I have a friend, who is a professional musician, that I once dated and remain close to this day 46 years later....who once told me that all these guys had a crush on me in school? WHAT? Well sheesh if they did, they never approached me....why? I was never unapproachable to any person. I wasn't scary. Granted I was always on the road touring, but damnganit.....I missed out! I would have been TERRIFIED to approach some of these guys!! I mean....I was little miss music/art/theatre and they were Mr. Football or something along those lines. What would I have said to them? "Are you auditioning for the musical at so and so theatre?" "What IS a half back, a whole back an a quarterback? Why do they say you are a tight end? I mean I would have sounded so STUPID.

    My point is this.

    Male OR Female. We are the same. We are afraid of rejection, looking stupid and getting hurt. I think I refer to it as human nature.
    I have never feared a woman more than myself, I knew a lot of guys who would dare me to go talk to some woman they think would never talk to them. I would go and talk to them and most time I would get a positive feed back. The men would ask me how and why i did not get rejected as they would at times I would tell them i have no strategy I just talk to them as I would to anyone. Treating a woman special will cause her to be on the lookout, treating her normal as you treat yourself will cause her to be trusting.
    scheherazade and babe like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciDreaming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post


    Here's a Yahoo answers link that asked, "What makes women dangerous, and why?

    What makes women dangerous, and why? - Yahoo Answers

    And full of bullcrap answers and nonsense I might add.
    I also do not agree with the yahoo version of women being dangerous, women are no different to men in one way and different in another way, basically how can we that different if we have to deal with each other.
    Hey women are dangerous in the sense that if you meet the right one they can change your whole world in a way that nothing else can do, btw dangerous doesn't mean bad in this sense but exciting and different
    scheherazade, babe and Stargate like this.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”

    Bertrand Russell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    dangerous doesn't mean bad in this sense but exciting and different

    I have never encountered that definition of the word dangerous
    just the following;

    1. full of danger or risk: causing danger perilous: risky: hazardous unsafe
    2. able or likely to cause physical injury: a dangerous criminal.

    And stating women are dangerous appears to be a very considerable generalization taken from the premise of the potential of meeting the right one which could perhaps change something in your life.
    If thats dangerous, Water, bread and pennies are even more dangerous, water is dangerous, in a specific situation you could drown, bread is dangerous because you might cough on it, a penny if dropped from a high rise building could potentially kill you so pennies are dangerous too

    Lookout theres a penny in your pocket, dont you know pennies are dangerous?

    but thanks for explaining it thought, I see I was not understanding the conversation by misinterpreting the word danger/dangerous
    scheherazade and babe like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Me:

    *snowboarding down a mountain at 30mph* "Whee!"

    *remembering as I walk in the door that I didn't get what my wife wanted from the store* "Oh, God. I'm gonna die."
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    dangerous doesn't mean bad in this sense but exciting and different

    I have never encountered that definition of the word dangerous
    just the following;

    1. full of danger or risk: causing danger perilous: risky: hazardous unsafe
    2. able or likely to cause physical injury: a dangerous criminal.

    And stating women are dangerous appears to be a very considerable generalization taken from the premise of the potential of meeting the right one which could perhaps change something in your life.
    If thats dangerous, Water, bread and pennies are even more dangerous, water is dangerous, in a specific situation you could drown, bread is dangerous because you might cough on it, a penny if dropped from a high rise building could potentially kill you so pennies are dangerous too

    Lookout theres a penny in your pocket, dont you know pennies are dangerous?

    but thanks for explaining it thought, I see I was not understanding the conversation by misinterpreting the word danger/dangerous
    I think you are right about saying women are dangerous, I did not take it to mean more dangerous than men, I took it to mean dangerous in terms of men not realizing that women have the same power. Sometimes we have to be careful what we say to the opposite sex. I think your point is well taken, at least by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Me:

    *snowboarding down a mountain at 30mph* "Whee!"

    *remembering as I walk in the door that I didn't get what my wife wanted from the store* "Oh, God. I'm gonna die."
    I know you were fretting for your soul going to hell, hey? Did you mention you had a soul? I have forgotten, if not, then you a*s. Lol. Flick you can still laugh, right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    I am a woman.

    Be afraid.

    Be VERY afraid.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I am a woman.

    Be afraid.

    Be VERY afraid.

    LOL...

    Unless you are wearing a white coat with a name tag and have a stethoscope hanging around your neck.
    babe and Stargate like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I am a woman.

    Be afraid.

    Be VERY afraid.

    LOL...

    Unless you are wearing a white coat with a name tag and have a stethoscope hanging around your neck.
    ahahahhahahahahhah brat!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Unless you are wearing a white coat with a name tag and have a stethoscope hanging around your neck.
    Not sure about the "unless".
    The first time I was ever admitted to hospital and the company of doctors they cut my throat.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Unless you are wearing a white coat with a name tag and have a stethoscope hanging around your neck.
    Not sure about the "unless".
    The first time I was ever admitted to hospital and the company of doctors they cut my throat.
    so are you posing in mortem?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,034
    I'll never tell.
    babe likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    I'll never tell.
    I wanted your feet.....sheesh...be selfish!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    200
    I was a misogynist once.
    believer in ahimsa
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I am a woman.

    Be afraid.

    Be VERY afraid.

    I am a man be not afraid, only be afraid when I have a woman, be very afraid. Lol.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by parag29081973 View Post
    I was a misogynist once.

    ... then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. sleepless smart scared need to talk
    By half_full in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 9th, 2014, 10:32 AM
  2. Is anyone scared of Robots?...
    By imamartian in forum Computer Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
  4. Intimidated. Scared to post?
    By Eleven in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: July 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM
  5. hey guys and girls
    By Enchanting_lullabye in forum Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 29th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •