Notices
Results 1 to 89 of 89
Like Tree53Likes
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 3 Post By Flick Montana
  • 4 Post By TridentBlue
  • 1 Post By Ascended
  • 1 Post By mat5592
  • 1 Post By Ascended
  • 3 Post By PhDemon
  • 2 Post By Cogito Ergo Sum
  • 2 Post By Ascended
  • 1 Post By billvon
  • 1 Post By Ascended
  • 2 Post By PhDemon
  • 2 Post By PhDemon
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By shlunka
  • 1 Post By RedPanda
  • 2 Post By exchemist
  • 7 Post By RedPanda
  • 1 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By exchemist
  • 1 Post By PhDemon
  • 1 Post By RedPanda
  • 1 Post By Daecon
  • 1 Post By PhDemon
  • 1 Post By Trivium
  • 1 Post By Cogito Ergo Sum
  • 1 Post By Lynx_Fox
  • 1 Post By babe
  • 1 Post By babe
  • 1 Post By dan hunter
  • 1 Post By Bad Robot
  • 1 Post By grmpysmrf
  • 1 Post By Zwolver

Thread: Can This Quiz Predict Your Politics?

  1. #1 Can This Quiz Predict Your Politics? 
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    I found this quiz in the first link below.

    Can This Quiz Predict Your Politics? | Praxis | Big Think

    The actual quiz is at the link below.

    Personality Quiz: Can TIME Guess Your Politics? | TIME.com

    It's a quick 12 question quiz and below is how I scored without the details. Makes me wonder how others on this forum would score and for the record I think the score for me is quite close to what I believe about myself.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    I got 71% liberal. In the ball-park of what I would have expected.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    I have taken the test and I am, according to the Personality Quiz in Time, 73% liberal.

    Regardless of the result, I dismiss the validity of this test.
    So the answer to your question, is 'no'.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    I have taken the test and I am, according to the Personality Quiz in Time, 73% liberal.

    Regardless of the result, I dismiss the validity of this test.
    So the answer to your question, is 'no'.
    What question is that? All I wanted to know is how others would score and so far you are the leading liberal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    I'm 3/4 liberal. That's probably about right. However, I think that's only in relation to the current crazy views of conservatives.
    chad and grmpysmrf like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm 3/4 liberal. That's probably about right. However, I think that's only in relation to the current crazy views of conservatives.
    3/4's liberal. Is that rounded off or just your way of saying 75% liberal. Which makes you the current liberal leader.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    I have taken the test and I am, according to the Personality Quiz in Time, 73% liberal.

    Regardless of the result, I dismiss the validity of this test.
    So the answer to your question, is 'no'.
    What question is that? All I wanted to know is how others would score and so far you are the leading liberal.

    "Can This Quiz Predict Your Politics"?
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm 3/4 liberal. That's probably about right. However, I think that's only in relation to the current crazy views of conservatives.
    3/4's liberal. Is that rounded off or just your way of saying 75% liberal. Which makes you the current liberal leader.
    I think these tests cause some unfair stigma. For instance, I don't smoke pot. In fact, I think smoking pot is a very poor decision to make. That having been said, I don't think it is my decision to make for someone else. Thus, if I am in favor of legalizing pot, people assume it is because I want to smoke it when the truth is that I would never touch the stuff.

    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.

    TL;DR

    I don't like labels.
    Daecon, sir ir r aj and grmpysmrf like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    I have taken the test and I am, according to the Personality Quiz in Time, 73% liberal.

    Regardless of the result, I dismiss the validity of this test.
    So the answer to your question, is 'no'.
    What question is that? All I wanted to know is how others would score and so far you are the leading liberal.

    "Can This Quiz Predict Your Politics"?
    Ahhh! The title. Did you happen to notice that their sampling size was 27,000 and growing if you clicked on that follow up question? Personally I think we are all a mixture of liberal and conservative personality traits, and a different set of 12 questions, could very well yield a different result. But none the less it was a bit fun.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm 3/4 liberal. That's probably about right. However, I think that's only in relation to the current crazy views of conservatives.
    3/4's liberal. Is that rounded off or just your way of saying 75% liberal. Which makes you the current liberal leader.
    I think these tests cause some unfair stigma. For instance, I don't smoke pot. In fact, I think smoking pot is a very poor decision to make. That having been said, I don't think it is my decision to make for someone else. Thus, if I am in favor of legalizing pot, people assume it is because I want to smoke it when the truth is that I would never touch the stuff.

    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.

    TL;DR

    I don't like labels.
    Well I know a rich white guy that has smoked a lot of pot was brought up Jewish and is a solid creationist. I'm pretty sure he's an ultra conservative.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Did you happen to notice that their sampling size was 27,000 and growing if you clicked on that follow up question? Personally I think we are all a mixture of liberal and conservative personality traits, and a different set of 12 questions, could very well yield a different result. But none the less it was a bit fun.

    The sample size, as reported by Time, is 17,000.
    They report a ("strong") correlation of 0.604, a number that is difficult to interpret without confidence intervals or p-values. That is sloppy reporting, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum; January 15th, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    <-- 70% liberal.

    It seems I am the closest to being a member of the Tea Party, so far.
    *cough* Heil Hitler! *cough*
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Liking dogs more than cats is a conservative quality? lol?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Junior TridentBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post

    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.

    TL;DR

    I don't like labels.
    Nonsense! If you like cats, you must believe in gay marriage and subsidies for health care. If you like dogs, you must believe in corporate tax breaks and family values. It is written!

    Man, things like this show the superficiality of our political culture. I'm with you 100% on the idea that politics should be about policies, not culture.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    I've just got one heck of a shock! 85% conservative 15% liberal!

    Liberal qualities

    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries


    Conservative qualities

    • You like dogs more than cats
    • You prefer action movies to documentaries
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You think self-control trumps self-expression
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
    • You don't think your partner should be looking at porn alone
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    • You're proud of your country's history





    sir ir r aj likes this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've just got one heck of a shock! 85% conservative 15% liberal!

    Liberal qualities

    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries

    Conservative qualities

    • You like dogs more than cats
    • You prefer action movies to documentaries
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You think self-control trumps self-expression
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
    • You don't think your partner should be looking at porn alone
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    • You're proud of your country's history




    78% conservative here
    Ascended likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've just got one heck of a shock! 85% conservative 15% liberal!

    Liberal qualities

    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries

    Conservative qualities

    • You like dogs more than cats
    • You prefer action movies to documentaries
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You think self-control trumps self-expression
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
    • You don't think your partner should be looking at porn alone
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    • You're proud of your country's history




    78% conservative here
    It's rather disturbing, to say the least, when you kind of think of yourself as liberally minded!
    scheherazade likes this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Yeah right, you say that but the quiz says you're to the right of Genghis Khan and has found you out!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've just got one heck of a shock! 85% conservative 15% liberal!

    Liberal qualities

    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries
    Conservative qualities

    • You like dogs more than cats
    • You prefer action movies to documentaries
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You think self-control trumps self-expression
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
    • You don't think your partner should be looking at porn alone
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    • You're proud of your country's history



    78% conservative here
    It's rather disturbing, to say the least, when you kind of think of yourself as liberally minded!
    Let them know it's wrong! I did it again and kept all of the "conservative and liberal 'qualities' " the same but slightly adjusted the scale on two or three of them and it gave me 62% liberal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    I want to know how liking cats makes you a liberal and liking dogs slightly more makes you a conservative. Must be fun at schools, they probably show the children pictures of cats and dogs and then tell them wherther they will grow to be a Republican or Democrat lol.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I want to know how liking cats makes you a liberal and liking dogs slightly more makes you a conservative. Must be fun at schools, they probably show the children pictures of cats and dogs and then tell them wherther they will grow to be a Republican or Democrat lol.

    Either Time was doing an imitation of the Onion,
    or there are some serious issues concerning the understanding of liberalism and conservatism among the makers of this poll.

    Would it not be more logical to ask about our stance on civil rights, private property, freedom of press, freedom of religion, elections, economic issues, etc.?
    Come to think of it, conservatism is not a body of ideals shared by everyone, it depends on the country. Has Time included that?
    Ascended and sir ir r aj like this.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Yeah right, you say that but the quiz says you're to the right of Genghis Khan and has found you out!
    Nevermind Genghis Khan this quiz has found me to be to the right of Margaret Thatcher!
    Daecon and sir ir r aj like this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Liking dogs more than cats is a conservative quality? lol?
    I'm a liberal that likes dogs better than cats. But then I'm a man. Women tend to likes cats more than dogs, so it's more a man/woman thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Either Time was doing an imitation of the Onion,
    or there are some serious issues concerning the understanding of liberalism and conservatism among the makers of this poll.

    Would it not be more logical to ask about our stance on civil rights, private property, freedom of press, freedom of religion, elections, economic issues, etc.?
    This wasn't an attempt to ask about issues. It was an experiment to see if questions about values and lifestyle - questions that have no obvious connection to politics - can be used to predict a person’s ideology. Per the results they can - at least to some degree.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mat5592 View Post
    Liking dogs more than cats is a conservative quality? lol?
    I'm a liberal that likes dogs better than cats. But then I'm a man. Women tend to likes cats more than dogs, so it's more a man/woman thing.
    Hey I wonder if that really makes a difference because it didn't seem to take into consideration difference between men and women, attitudes & tastes ect....
    sir ir r aj likes this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Yeah right, you say that but the quiz says you're to the right of Genghis Khan and has found you out!
    Nevermind Genghis Khan this quiz has found me to be to the right of Margaret Thatcher!
    I was going to say that but I thought it would be too mean.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Yeah right, you say that but the quiz says you're to the right of Genghis Khan and has found you out!
    Nevermind Genghis Khan this quiz has found me to be to the right of Margaret Thatcher!
    I was going to say that but I thought it would be too mean.

    lol
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Yeah, say what you like about Margaret Thatcher but even the miners, ship builders and trade unionists voted for her to have a full state funeral.

    OK It was only because they wanted to make sure she was dead
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Yeah, say what you like about Margaret Thatcher but even the miners, ship builders and trade unionists voted for her to have a full state funeral.

    OK It was only because they wanted to make sure she was dead
    Are you sure that vote actually happened 'after' she had died?
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    You're 9% conservative, 91% liberal.

    Liking cats makes me a Liberal? Really?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    You're 9% conservative, 91% liberal.

    Liking cats makes me a Liberal? Really?
    I know cats!, crazy if you ask me, but hey I'm just glad they didn't put Lama's in there, or else half of us would have come out like lenin and the other half Mussolini!
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    I go with the best most logical choices. Sometimes conservative while other times liberal.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by TridentBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post

    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.

    TL;DR

    I don't like labels.
    Nonsense! If you like cats, you must believe in gay marriage and subsidies for health care. If you like dogs, you must believe in corporate tax breaks and family values. It is written!

    Man, things like this show the superficiality of our political culture. I'm with you 100% on the idea that politics should be about policies, not culture.
    It's crap that there was no choice for "neither". I own a cat and two dogs. I like them equally... What about people who prefer turtles?
    Bad Robot and sir ir r aj like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    %93 liberal. But I found the answers limited and think I would be much more moderate if there was a (neither/other) option.
    sir ir r aj likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Masters Degree mat5592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TridentBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.TL;DRI don't like labels.
    Nonsense! If you like cats, you must believe in gay marriage and subsidies for health care. If you like dogs, you must believe in corporate tax breaks and family values. It is written! Man, things like this show the superficiality of our political culture. I'm with you 100% on the idea that politics should be about policies, not culture.
    It's crap that there was no choice for "neither". I own a cat and two dogs. I like them equally... What about people who prefer turtles?
    Yeah, a neutral option would have been really nice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325

    • LiberalModerateConservativeYou're 85% conservative, 15% liberal.

      well its pretty much right
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    I've never been to Times Square and I know absolutely nothing about it. I chose the other option that I also know absolutely nothing about simply because it has the word "Museum" in it, so it sounds more interesting than, uh... something to do with clocks? Like Big Ben in London?

    *shrug*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Professor jrmonroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,444
    The quiz predicted me as a slightly conservative-leaning moderate although I didn't notice the percentages, but from the needle, I would guess 60% conservative. I would guess that's about right as I consider myself a moderate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I want to know how liking cats makes you a liberal and liking dogs slightly more makes you a conservative.
    Lots of folks here are asking this, apparently finding it unfathomable. To me it make sense.

    Can you imagine the Duck Dynasty guys or George Bush or Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld (or any redneck) sitting around with cozy kitty cats on their laps, or with their trusty dogs sitting on the floor next to them?

    Can you see George Bush, with ax in hand, strolling out back of the barn to do some wood chopping with his trusty kitty cat trotting faithfully by his side?

    Can you see Al Gore or Barbra Streisand or Barney Frank (or any pinko commie) protecting their property with roaming gangs of slathering, rabid, muscle-bound, psychotic, blood-thirsty, fang-bearing pitbulls?

    Dogs are those life-threatening, property- protecting, blood-thirsty, slobbering, hunting carnivores. (NB: Lap dogs are really trans-species cats.) Remember, communities require dogs to be licensed (just like guns, and for good reasons).

    Kitty cats are those warm-feelings, cozy, cuddly, playful, Bill-Clinton-feels-your-pain cuties. (NB: Maine coon cats are really trans-species dogs.) License kitty cats? OMG, call the ACLU!!

    Grief is the price we pay for love. (CM Parkes) Our postillion has been struck by lightning. (Unknown) War is always the choice of the chosen who will not have to fight. (Bono) The years tell much what the days never knew. (RW Emerson) Reality is not always probable, or likely. (JL Borges)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Yeah, say what you like about Margaret Thatcher but even the miners, ship builders and trade unionists voted for her to have a full state funeral.
    OK It was only because they wanted to make sure she was dead
    http://youtu.be/xmmomV-ax-s?t=58s
    PhDemon likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Good one Frankie!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,165
    83% "liberal", whatever that means. Not being American, I'm unsure exactly what that is.

    Sometimes we Brits get the impression that in the States "liberal" is almost synonymous with "educated", but I realise it must be a bit more to it. It's just that over here we don't seem to read of any "conservative" US commentators who are neither rednecks nor arseholes - or some linear combination of the two.
    Bad Robot and grmpysmrf like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    83% "liberal", whatever that means. Not being American, I'm unsure exactly what that is.
    Left to right (both physically and politically):
    UK Liberal --> UK Labour --> UK Conservative --> US Liberal --> US Conservative --> Hitler --> US Tea Party --> Fox News
    adelady, Ascended, PhDemon and 4 others like this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    precious sir ir r aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    668
    81 % conservative. Ha ha.
    What does this represent. that I hold my beliefs very dear and close to my chest?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    I've never been to Times Square and I know absolutely nothing about it. I chose the other option that I also know absolutely nothing about simply because it has the word "Museum" in it, so it sounds more interesting than, uh... something to do with clocks? Like Big Ben in London?

    *shrug*
    I've been there several times.

    It's crowded, the cops yell at you if you stand around, and 20 urine-stinking Elmos come up to you and demand money for a picture. I have no idea what the appeal is. I'd rather have a broken glass enema.

    I also don't want to go to the art museum. Where is the Museum of Natural History choice? That place was amazing. I spent two hours in the minerals exhibit with a VERY bored wife...
    Daecon likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    83% "liberal", whatever that means. Not being American, I'm unsure exactly what that is.
    Left to right (both physically and politically):
    UK Liberal --> UK Labour --> UK Conservative --> US Liberal --> US Conservative --> Hitler --> US Tea Party --> Fox News
    Very funny. I was going to say that part of my bafflement is that I generally find myself voting Conservative, but your spectrum explains that nicely.

    I find your positioning of the UK Liberals to the left of UK Labour interesting. For most of my adult life, the Liberal Party has been a party of the centre, but it is true that of late they seem to have moved leftward, while, under Blair, Labour moved to the centre. Very recently however, Miliband seems to be pushing Labour left again so it's no longer very clear.

    But seriously, are they any intellectual commentators on the US right, these days, who are not mad? I'd love to read a bit of what they think, if they exist.

    P.S. As an ex-industry salaryman, I was a bit shocked to find myself more "liberal", i.e. more of a leftie, than PhDemon, who is a research scientist. It must have been my response to the question about cats v. dogs that did it - I bet he likes dogs.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I bet he likes dogs.
    Damn right! I'm allergic to the feline hooligans and steer clear of them at all costs. (As the well as the fact they're all evil little buggers, they just pretend to be cute.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I bet he likes dogs.
    Damn right! I'm allergic to the feline hooligans and steer clear of them at all costs. (As the well as the fact they're all evil little buggers, they just pretend to be cute.)
    Ha! I could tell from your photo. (My God, this makes me sound like Babe.)

    I suspect these pollsters are onto something when they associate dog lovers with the Right. Think of all those country types in green wellies, walking their dogs. Dogs may tend to go with property with green space, I suppose, which goes with affluent suburbia or the countryside. But how irritating that someone can predict politics based on such trivia.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I find your positioning of the UK Liberals to the left of UK Labour interesting. For most of my adult life, the Liberal Party has been a party of the centre, but it is true that of late they seem to have moved leftward, while, under Blair, Labour moved to the centre. Very recently however, Miliband seems to be pushing Labour left again so it's no longer very clear.
    Yes. All 3 parties have some wriggle-room and they are not so far apart that they don't ever overlap.
    I found, during the Blair years, that Labour moved towards Conservatism and Conservatives moved towards Labour - making them almost identical.
    And, depending on which year we look at, we will often have to swap Labour and Liberal around as well.

    I was trying to hit an accurate average when writing that post and I am reasonably happy with it.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I bet he likes dogs.
    Damn right! I'm allergic to the feline hooligans and steer clear of them at all costs. (As the well as the fact they're all evil little buggers, they just pretend to be cute.)
    Aww, somebody needs a hug... *huggles*

    My furry babies are like cat-shaped people.

    Then again, I am fond of most types of dogs too. I just have more experience in living in a home with cats.
    Ascended likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    Well, most people are evil little buggers as well (and they don't even pretend to be cute).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    305
    Liberal qualities

    • You like cats more than dogs
    • You prefer documentaries over action movies
    • You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone
    • You use a modern browser
    • You prefer the Met to Times Square
    • You're not completely proud of your country's history
    Conservative qualities
    You think kids should respect authority
    You like a neat desk
    You think self-control trumps self-expression
    You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries
    You think the world benefits from nations and borders


    err surprised I wasn't heavily conservative, maybe because I strongly like cats?

    You're 26% conservative, 74% liberal.

    "
    You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as much more valuable than those of other countries" - In case someone asks about this, I selected 'slightly' for the reason that the government should value the rights of those who elected them, they have a duty to provide security to their citizens over others.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Well, most people are evil little buggers as well (and they don't even pretend to be cute).

    Here is a solution (no pun intended) for your bitter view on humanity:

    pyoko likes this.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    5,083
    If you're buying I prefer:



    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Forum Bachelors Degree GoldenRatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    415
    i got 80% liberal.

    however i dismiss the validy of the test.

    I would also point out is is completly wrong as I do not vote, nor in any way engage in political views. The whole world can burn for all i care
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    i got 80% liberal.

    However I dismiss the validity of the test.

    I would also point out it is completely wrong as I do not vote, nor in any way engage in political views. The whole world can burn for all I care.
    So does that mean you consider yourself a conservative? The fact is if you did decide to vote, you would vote as a liberal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Forum Bachelors Degree GoldenRatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    i got 80% liberal.

    However I dismiss the validity of the test.

    I would also point out it is completely wrong as I do not vote, nor in any way engage in political views. The whole world can burn for all I care.
    So does that mean you consider yourself a conservative? The fact is if you did decide to vote, you would vote as a liberal.
    I consider myself not applicable. My voting policy is about like a felons, except without the conviction.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    precious sir ir r aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    668
    Bad Robot: I got 81 % conservative. What do you think about me? have you noticed me on this forum that I possess conservative characteristics? Should I work on it to be more liberal?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #58  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,008
    You're 79% conservative, 21% liberal........lower on the liberal side than I thought kind of consider myself a 50/50
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #59  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,288
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #60  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    I was born a hippie! *laughing* ..I see both sides, weigh them and pick what I think is right....isn't a problem.....I don't like labels....anyhow....no one person fits something to a "T" IMHO
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #61  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    i got 80% liberal.

    However I dismiss the validity of the test.

    I would also point out it is completely wrong as I do not vote, nor in any way engage in political views. The whole world can burn for all I care.
    So does that mean you consider yourself a conservative? The fact is if you did decide to vote, you would vote as a liberal.
    I consider myself not applicable. My voting policy is about like a felons, except without the conviction.
    Don't tell me you live in a state that selects jurors from the pool of registered voters and you are avoiding jury duty?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #62  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by sir ir r aj View Post
    Bad Robot: I got 81 % conservative. What do you think about me? have you noticed me on this forum that I possess conservative characteristics? Should I work on it to be more liberal?
    Actually I would never have expected that of you, based on what I know about you, which I'll admit is not much.

    I have noticed that my politics have changed as I got older and I hope wiser.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #63  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    You're 79% conservative, 21% liberal........lower on the liberal side than I thought kind of consider myself a 50/50
    Does that mean you will vote either way?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #64  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    You still have hippies over there? Damn! We haven't had any hippies over here in a long time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #65  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by TridentBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post

    So, when I am called "liberal" it is important that it be in regard purely to my belief of the way the political system should work. If I were labeled "conservative" people would assume I was a rich white guy who prayed before dinner.

    TL;DR

    I don't like labels.
    Nonsense! If you like cats, you must believe in gay marriage and subsidies for health care. If you like dogs, you must believe in corporate tax breaks and family values. It is written!

    Man, things like this show the superficiality of our political culture. I'm with you 100% on the idea that politics should be about policies, not culture.
    Does this mean Blofeld is a liberal?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #66  
    Forum Bachelors Degree GoldenRatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    i got 80% liberal.

    However I dismiss the validity of the test.

    I would also point out it is completely wrong as I do not vote, nor in any way engage in political views. The whole world can burn for all I care.
    So does that mean you consider yourself a conservative? The fact is if you did decide to vote, you would vote as a liberal.
    I consider myself not applicable. My voting policy is about like a felons, except without the conviction.
    Don't tell me you live in a state that selects jurors from the pool of registered voters and you are avoiding jury duty?
    Nope, everyone gets a turn regardless if they vote or not. Voters might go up more often i do not know but ive been to jury duty plenty of times.

    I actually dont mind jury duty. Gives me a great excuse to jack with the machine.

    If i did vote, it would probably be conservative. While i am all for the hippy free love do your own thing. Such social policys cost money. food & shelter for others isnt free, it comes from everyone else.

    Personally....eh, i say let em all starve and i will keep the extra cash in my pocket.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #67  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    Nope, everyone gets a turn regardless if they vote or not. Voters might go up more often i do not know but ive been to jury duty plenty of times.

    I actually dont mind jury duty. Gives me a great excuse to jack with the machine.

    If i did vote, it would probably be conservative. While i am all for the hippy free love do your own thing. Such social policys cost money. food & shelter for others isnt free, it comes from everyone else.

    Personally....eh, i say let em all starve and i will keep the extra cash in my pocket.
    More states are using DMV information for jury duty selections now. More people drive than vote. Not having social policies cost a lot to. However I do think they could do a lot better at administering the social policies they do have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #68  
    Forum Freshman Discere et Docere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    14
    This test is basically the equivalence of a personality test a 13 year-old created. Good lord, I cannot believe TIME magazine even covered this. I am literally sitting behind my computer screen right now shaking my head with an expression of anguish. Why? Because people who do not possess critical thinking (which is quite a majority of people) actually believe this and alter their opinions unconsciously.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #69  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    83% "liberal", whatever that means. Not being American, I'm unsure exactly what that is.

    Sometimes we Brits get the impression that in the States "liberal" is almost synonymous with "educated", but I realise it must be a bit more to it. It's just that over here we don't seem to read of any "conservative" US commentators who are neither rednecks nor arseholes - or some linear combination of the two.
    Just remember this chart shows the relative difference in politicals between EU and US...with only slight hyperbole:
    babe likes this.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #70  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    You still have hippies over there? Damn! We haven't had any hippies over here in a long time.
    I'm just an old one!! *L*
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #71  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    You still have hippies over there? Damn! We haven't had any hippies over here in a long time.
    I'm just an old one!! *L*
    Is there any other kind? <Go Seahawks>
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #72  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    What is conservative by UK standards is probably liberal by US standards. Whereas liberal by UK standards is probably something like "hippie stoner get a haircut you f*g" by US standards, or something.
    You still have hippies over there? Damn! We haven't had any hippies over here in a long time.
    I'm just an old one!! *L*
    Is there any other kind? <Go Seahawks>
    GO 49'ERS!!!!
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #73  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    78% liberal

    Liberal qualities
    • You like cats more than dogs
    • You prefer documentaries over action movies
    • You think self-expression trumps self-control
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as equal to those of other countries
    • You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone
    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries
    • You're not completely proud of your country's history

    Conservative qualities
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #74  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by grmpysmrf View Post
    78% liberal

    Liberal qualities
    • You like cats more than dogs
    • You prefer documentaries over action movies
    • You think self-expression trumps self-control
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as equal to those of other countries
    • You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone
    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries
    • You're not completely proud of your country's history


    Conservative qualities
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met

    Does this look like a liberal to you?

    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #75  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post

    It's crap that there was no choice for "neither". I own a cat and two dogs. I like them equally... What about people who prefer turtles?
    Your adoption rate would suggest you like dogs twice as much as cats or dogs half as much as cats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #76  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    Can you imagine the Duck Dynasty guys or George Bush or Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld (or any redneck) sitting around with cozy kitty cats on their laps, or with their trusty dogs sitting on the floor next to them?
    Yeah, I actually get a pretty good mental picture of dick cheney sitting in a chair stroking his cat much like Dr. Claw did in the old Inspector Gadget cartoon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #77  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grmpysmrf View Post
    78% liberal

    Liberal qualities
    • You like cats more than dogs
    • You prefer documentaries over action movies
    • You think self-expression trumps self-control
    • You think the government should treat the lives of its citizens as equal to those of other countries
    • You think it's okay for your partner to look at porn alone
    • You use a modern browser
    • You wish there were no countries
    • You're not completely proud of your country's history

    Conservative qualities
    • You think kids should respect authority
    • You like a neat desk
    • You're not wild about fusion cuisine
    • You prefer Times Square to the Met
    Does this look like a liberal to you?

    LOL, Yeah pretty accurate from 2000-2008 !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #78  
    Forum Professor pyoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,094
    86% lib
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #79  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoko View Post
    86% lib
    Another cat-lover, I expect.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #80  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    You're 66% conservative, 34% liberal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #81  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    2/3 lib and 1/3 con, but I had to lie and cheat to achieve that score
    babe likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #82  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    You're 66% conservative, 34% liberal.
    Welcome to the forum.

    Who are you referring to? For the record I'm a liberal that likes dogs better than cats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #83  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by dan hunter View Post
    2/3 lib and 1/3 con, but I had to lie and cheat to achieve that score
    Dan, what did you feel the need to lie about?
    dan hunter likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #84  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan hunter View Post
    2/3 lib and 1/3 con, but I had to lie and cheat to achieve that score
    Dan, what did you feel the need to lie about?
    Doesn't matter. it puts him squarely in the conservative camp.
    although... he was honest about lying and cheating and even when that demographic is caught red handed they rarely tell the truth about it...
    so, now I'm puzzled.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #85  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Nice echo chamber you fellows have going here. It's a good thing you have me to balance it out a little bit.
    80% conservative.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #86  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Nice echo chamber you fellows have going here. It's a good thing you have me to balance it out a little bit.
    80% conservative.
    I never would have guessed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #87  
    not ADM!N grmpysmrf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Nice echo chamber you fellows have going here. It's a good thing you have me to balance it out a little bit.
    80% conservative.
    Yes, you are "Balance" if that's what you prefer to call it.

    and our "echo chamber" is small compared to what you got screaming back at you over there on the "liberal media".

    I'm surprised Fox doesn't have that phrase copyrighted. It's obviously a brand and not a description.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  89. #88  
    Forum Professor Zwolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,667
    You're 16% conservative, 84% liberal.

    Not sure what made it go like this, but it seems i am very open minded..
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Growing up, i marveled at star-trek's science, and ignored the perfect society. Now, i try to ignore their science, and marvel at the society.

    Imagine, being able to create matter out of thin air, and not coming up with using drones for boarding hostile ships. Or using drones to defend your own ship. Heck, using drones to block energy attacks, counterattack or for surveillance. Unless, of course, they are nano-machines in your blood, which is a billion times more complex..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  90. #89  
    who sees through things
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK now, US before
    Posts
    269
    92% liberal. However, what is considered liberal in the United States is considered moderate elsewhere, so I can't tell what the position on the scale is really supposed to mean. I'm more conservative than many of the people I know, but I supposed I'm ultra-liberal in the eyes of a fundamentalist Christian in Texas.

    Edit: I am originally from New York City. Times Square is a place where annoying people get in my way when I am trying to get to work on time.

    Quote Originally Posted by jrmonroe View Post


    Kitty cats are those warm-feelings, cozy, cuddly, playful, Bill-Clinton-feels-your-pain cuties. (NB: Maine coon cats are really trans-species dogs.) License kitty cats? OMG, call the ACLU!!

    I had a cat that used to terrify the dogs at the vet. He would hiss and snarl and stick his claws through the side of the carrier. Rottweilers and dobermans used to cower under the seats when he came in. Sometimes the vet had to use falconry gloves with him.
    Last edited by Alec Bing; February 1st, 2014 at 05:46 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Can we predict the number of people who will ever live?
    By Blackened in forum Personal Theories & Alternative Ideas
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 30th, 2014, 06:31 PM
  2. predict landslide by mudstone ?
    By ilg in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2012, 01:52 AM
  3. Is it possible for people to predict the lottery?
    By Incoming Dessert in forum Mathematics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 4th, 2007, 10:14 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •