Notices
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Neverfly
  • 1 Post By Lynx_Fox

Thread: Rapid evolution proves that evolutionary psychology is racist.

  1. #1 Rapid evolution proves that evolutionary psychology is racist. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    41
    Domestication research is full of evidence for rapid evolution. There is also evidence for rapid evolution in humans (Western lactose tolerance, lung and blood vessels of Sherpas and Tibetans, and so on). This means that the "evolutionary speed limits" that evolutionary psychologists invoke to declare humanity homogenous do not exist. There are, and have historically been even bigger, differences in living conditions across the world. This means that all evolutionary psychology predicts that racial differences in intelligence and behavior should exist. And yet there is empirical evidence that, taking enough sociological factors into account, such supposedly racial differences can be ruled out. Evolutionary psychology cannot explain this non-raciality.

    This means that the supposed "evidence" from individual psychiatry must be methodologically ignoring some factor or factors that research about ethnicity takes into account and rules out. Any ideas?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin J Sallberg View Post
    Domestication research is full of evidence for rapid evolution. There is also evidence for rapid evolution in humans (Western lactose tolerance, lung and blood vessels of Sherpas and Tibetans, and so on).
    How so? Demonstrate that lactose intolerance is some New-Fangled thing and not something that has been around for as long as we, as a species, have been around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin J Sallberg View Post
    This means that the "evolutionary speed limits" that evolutionary psychologists invoke to declare humanity homogenous do not exist. There are, and have historically been even bigger, differences in living conditions across the world. This means that all evolutionary psychology predicts that racial differences in intelligence and behavior should exist. And yet there is empirical evidence that, taking enough sociological factors into account, such supposedly racial differences can be ruled out. Evolutionary psychology cannot explain this non-raciality.

    This means that the supposed "evidence" from individual psychiatry must be methodologically ignoring some factor or factors that research about ethnicity takes into account and rules out. Any ideas?
    Yes, racial differences do exist. But they are minor and culturally based. You claim above something about rapid evolution. The problem here is that the Human Species is quite young, yet. So if your rapid evolution is true, why hasn't it kicked in here?


    Piemaster likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin J Sallberg View Post
    Domestication research is full of evidence for rapid evolution. There is also evidence for rapid evolution in humans (Western lactose tolerance, lung and blood vessels of Sherpas and Tibetans, and so on).
    How so? Demonstrate that lactose intolerance is some New-Fangled thing and not something that has been around for as long as we, as a species, have been around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin J Sallberg View Post
    This means that the "evolutionary speed limits" that evolutionary psychologists invoke to declare humanity homogenous do not exist. There are, and have historically been even bigger, differences in living conditions across the world. This means that all evolutionary psychology predicts that racial differences in intelligence and behavior should exist. And yet there is empirical evidence that, taking enough sociological factors into account, such supposedly racial differences can be ruled out. Evolutionary psychology cannot explain this non-raciality.

    This means that the supposed "evidence" from individual psychiatry must be methodologically ignoring some factor or factors that research about ethnicity takes into account and rules out. Any ideas?
    Yes, racial differences do exist. But they are minor and culturally based. You claim above something about rapid evolution. The problem here is that the Human Species is quite young, yet. So if your rapid evolution is true, why hasn't it kicked in here?
    Exactly what you say about racial differences, "and culturally based", shows that the racist predictions of evolutionary psychology fails to pan out. The exact age of lactose tolerance/intolerance is not really relevant to the point. The point is that evolution is rapid enough to have produced differences. And your question "why rapid evolution have not kicked in here" is completely misframed. I shown that rapid evolution exists, which means that all evolutionary psychology (i.e. theories about genes imposing any kind of fixed limits to behavioral plasticity) makes racist predictions. So the faliure of the racist predictions to pan out is evidence against evolutionary psychology, just like the faliure to observe annual changes in light speed in different directions is evidence against a lumniferous aether.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    mein gott in himmel

    give it a rest

    speaking of
    even bigger, differences
    who started the rumor that black guys have bigger dicks?

    .................................................. ........................
    28657 is the 23rd in the sequence
    and
    the sequence is.................
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    This means that the "evolutionary speed limits" that evolutionary psychologists invoke to declare humanity homogenous do not exist.


    This is the 2nd thread you made such an obscure statement, but provided no references to back it up.

    The is the hard science part of the forum (the softer are general, philosophy, new and trash) and so far this thread falls far short. This is an official warning to support your argument or don't start threads in the hard science parts of the forum.


    Ken Fabos likes this.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    The Holy Land is everywhere Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Evolutionary psychology of mental illnesses
    By Shamandrill in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
  2. Question about some terms in evolutionary psychology
    By God_of_Biomechanics in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
  3. Evolutionary Psychology
    By JonScholar in forum Biology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 1st, 2010, 08:09 AM
  4. Nagging women and evolutionary psychology
    By Pendragon in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 31st, 2009, 01:49 PM
  5. Some thoughts on Evolutionary Psychology
    By Luiggie87 in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •