Notices
Results 1 to 59 of 59
Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By Strange
  • 2 Post By Ascended
  • 2 Post By scheherazade
  • 2 Post By Lynx_Fox
  • 3 Post By skeptic
  • 2 Post By seagypsy
  • 1 Post By Strange
  • 1 Post By Strange
  • 2 Post By John Galt

Thread: At what age is a female face the most attractive?

  1. #1 At what age is a female face the most attractive? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Have there been any scientific studies to determine the age that men find a woman's face the most attractive? If so, what's the answer?

    Personally, I would guess about 14.


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Did you mean to type 41?


    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Are you being serious?
     

  5. #4  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Isn't it relative to the age of the observer? I probably thought 14 year olds were hot when I was 14. That no longer holds true, however.

    Given my argument, I'm really hoping your're closer to 14 than 41...
    stander-j, Strange and theorist like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  6. #5  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Absolutely.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Isn't it relative to the age of the observer?
    Maybe a little, but probably the opposite to what you might expect. Young boys would probably prefer mature adult looking faces while men would prefer the younger immature looking ones.
     

  8. #7  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Well, biologically a woman is more likely to be attracted to a successful male (someone older and established) while a male is likely to be attracted to a female capable of breeding (probably younger). I don't know what that has to do with faces, though. Or the notion of attractive (which can vary).
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Absolutely.
    You think 41yr olds are more attractive than 14yr olds? Come on...
     

  10. #9  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Absolutely.
    You think 41yr olds are more attractive than 14yr olds? Come on...
    I'm pretty sure Strange is older than me (30), so I'm REALLY hoping the answer to this is "Yes."

    EDIT: And this thread is just mere inches from taking a turn for the creepy...
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm pretty sure Strange is older than me (30), so I'm REALLY hoping the answer to this is "Yes."
    This is a science forum, mate. We deal with facts and truth, not what we think the truth should be.
     

  12. #11  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Absolutely.
    You think 41yr olds are more attractive than 14yr olds? Come on...
    Definitely. (Luckily, I am not so old I have to worry about finding 41 year olds attractive is creepy )
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  13. #12  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    This is a science forum, mate. We deal with facts and truth, not what we think the truth should be.
    So what are the "facts" here? Where is your study and your evidence that says I should be attracted to 14 year old girls?
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    So what are the "facts" here?
    I don't know, that's what I want to find out. It's you that started letting your values interfere.
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Attached Images
     

  16. #15  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    So what are the "facts" here?
    I don't know, that's what I want to find out. It's you that started letting your values interfere.
    Values? I said it's subjective. Personally, as I have grown older, I have found older women more attractive. I don't check out teenagers, not simply because it's creepy, but because they don't appeal to me anymore.

    Go ahead with your study, but don't question someone's critique with nonsense.

    Also, "Really?" isn't the best thesis defense.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  17. #16  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    I don't know, that's what I want to find out. It's you that started letting your values interfere.
    Actually, you were the fist to bring in your values (in the very first post). If you didn't want people to comment on your opinions, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    The first woman I ever loved(inc. sex, etc) was 15 when she came into my life and psyche
    so
    15 year olds still look awful damned good to me.
    But my eye favors more maturity in the face.
    hell, at my age, 50+ year old grandmothers look damned good.

    looking good?
    every woman is different and they age differently
    some just keep looking better into their 40s
    some top out at 13
    and, on average, i think early 20s beat the teens
    ...........................
    edit: epimetheus:

    When i sculpted with our regular group of artists sharing a model, and some comraderie,
    It became obvious that every artist saw the model through his/her age and ethnicity lense
    (older guys sculpted/ or painted the model older thn she was, while younger ones removed some of his/her years.
    a korean orientailzed all, and few sculpted a black person as a black person, more as a mix of their ethnicity and the model's)
    ..............
    so, did they model or paint the model as that which they thought more desireable?
    Then, do we all already know what we want to see, and choose that which more closely approximates our desires?
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Actually, you were the fist to bring in your values (in the very first post). If you didn't want people to comment on your opinions, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
    That was an estimation not a value.
     

  20. #19  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Actually, you were the fist to bring in your values (in the very first post). If you didn't want people to comment on your opinions, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
    That was an estimation not a value.
    Based on .... ?
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Based on .... ?
    A few things.

    The popularity of the adolescent face in the porn industry for one. Pornographers know if they make an actress look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and braces that she will bring in more profits, that's what the market wants.

    There's also biology reasons to expect the males in our species to be especially interested in females about 14.

    And also it's what I like the most, nice and young but not too young. I think girls are just right about that age and judging by the popularity of the adolescent image in the sex industries, most other men do too.
     

  22. #21  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    And also it's what I like the most...
    Well, what a surprise.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Well, what a surprise.
    Not really. It would be a surprise if my personal preference wasn't what sold the most in the porn industry.
     

  24. #23  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,798
    Since "attractive" is, by and large, a subjective judgement it'd be quite hard to do a study 1.
    At the very least it would vary by culture.
    Try this one: some people (male and female) mature into attractiveness, others mature out of it. (And some lucky b*stards appear to remain attractive all their lives!).

    As for 14...?
    You seem to have TWO questions - the thread title and the one posed in the op "age that men find a woman's face the most attractive?"
    14 is more child than woman. And I agree with Flick, there's a definite "creepy" element here.

    My answer: it depends entirely on the woman.

    1 Yes I'm fully aware that studies HAVE been done to ascertain "the most attractive woman" - but they are neither universal nor (in my judgement) accurate. And most certainly not written in stone.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  25. #24  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Well, what a surprise.
    Not really. It would be a surprise if my personal preference wasn't what sold the most in the porn industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    So what are the "facts" here?
    I don't know, that's what I want to find out. It's you that started letting your values interfere.
    I don't know. I just get the impression you want to discuss little girls rather than science.
    Flick Montana likes this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  26. #25  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,418
    Personally I think the question is a little irrelevant without relating to the age of the men finding the women attactive. Is it likely that a 60 year old man is going to find the same age of women the most attractive as say that of a 20 year old guy? I don't think so. The truth is that naturally most men would be most attracted to a women capable of child birth, this is purely down to nature trying to ensure that relationships result in children being born and thus the continuation of our species. Usually on a subconscious level most men would seek out the most able, capable, likely females to be able to bare them children. This is of course not to say that all men are the same, and such there can be all different kinds of prefences, with generally the less emotionally developed men prefering younger women and the stronger more confident men prefering either an older or more dominant woman. There are other interesting things to note though, one being that men are not generally just attracted to just one particular age range as a man who may find a 25 year old attractive may also find a 45 or 50 year old attractive, there are no real fixed rules to attraction, though some things may be generalised in reality every situation can change the picture and it usually comes down to the individuals involved not their specific age that makes someone attractive to somebody else.

    Anyway here is an interesting link you may wish to look at:

    http://markmushakian.com/2010/12/02/...-women-part-1/
    stander-j and Nehushtan like this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Those women aren't really representative of their age group. Men find them attractive because they've managed to make themselves look closer to 14 than their real age.
     

  28. #27  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Personally, I'm still in shock after reading this whole thread, to learn that some men actually look at a woman's face.

    Just kidding.

    Some good responses, gentlemen. It pleases me to observe that you are not all cradle robbers.

    The following chart on the female age of consent is quite interesting and pertinent to this discussion. In many cultures, including most of North America, 14 is considered too young to be viewing a woman as sexually attractive, by law.

    Click on the 'key' button on the bottom left of the chart once you open it.

    Minimum Legal Age of Consent - Female


    Ascended and Flick Montana like this.
     

  29. #28  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,798
    To use a metaphor: personally speaking I find a finished work of art to be more attractive than a blank canvas - which is what 14 year olds tend to be.

    Unless of course, and here's the creepy bit, I intend to use that canvas for my own creations.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  30. #29  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Personally, I'm still in shock after reading this whole thread, to learn that some men actually look at a woman's face.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
     

  31. #30  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    The popularity of the adolescent face in the porn industry for one. Pornographers know if they make an actress look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and braces that she will bring in more profits, that's what the market wants.
    I don't know why you would be researching porn films to find out about attractive faces.

    Why not just look at the popular movie actresses, models, singers, etc. They are probably mostly in their twenties or even thirties. Not very many 14 year old girls that I know of.

    There aren't very many teen porn actresses for the simple reason that there are laws against kiddie porn. So if film makers wants to cater to that taste, they'd have to try to make older women look young. Do you have any statistics at all to prove your point about what men prefer?
     

  32. #31  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    I find it interesting that the op is insisting on keeping to facts when he is asking for something that is opinion. attraction isn't exactly hardwired. That is why some men find heavy women attractive and some men find skinny women attractive and some men find hairy men to be attractive. Just because the OP likes little girls doesn't mean the rest of men should. Some like little boys. but I am guessing the majority of men, at least in western modern culture, prefer females to be of legal age. Attraction isn't always about looks. Otherwise blind people would never feel attraction to anyone.

    For me there is little consistency in the appearance of which men I find attractive. I think Jake Sully, Tommy Lee Jones, Lestat, and the Jem Hadar to be attractive. For me I am attracted to personality types more than appearances. And there is variance in that as well. It depends on my mood what type of personality attracts me.
    Last edited by seagypsy; March 1st, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  33. #32  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Absolutely.
    You think 41yr olds are more attractive than 14yr olds? Come on...
    Yes...and by a mile.

    But certainly it's a matter of perspective depending on the age of the viewer, I'm just shy of 50. I certainly had a much different perspective when I was a teenager.

    Now if you asked me to distinguish between say 24 and 41 it would be a much more difficult to answer--I'm attracted to fully developed women.
    seagypsy and Neverfly like this.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    But certainly it's a matter of perspective depending on the age of the viewer, I'm just shy of 50. I certainly had a much different perspective when I was a teenager.

    Now if you asked me to distinguish between say 24 and 41 it would be a much more difficult to answer--I'm attracted to fully developed women.
    Nailed it.

    Most people are attracted to people in their own age range, people that have developed along similar lines and people they can relate to. In your teens, you're going to be attracted to teen girls. When you're older, those teen girls seem flighty, immature and pimple poppers.
    A generation gap is difficult to bridge.
    And underdeveloped is not attractive on average.
     

  35. #34  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Most people are attracted to people in their own age range
    Ish.

    I'm 57 (although have, many times, [despite my hair colour] been taken for mid 30s to mid 40s) and I'm more than a little dubious about my "non-attracted to" status with regard to, say, Jessica Alba, Eliza Dushku or Karen Gillan.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  36. #35  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    What is attractive is entirely subjective, I have however noticed that as I age I am attracted to older women also.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    to h... with the face

    long ago, i penned a song for a musician friend about
    "teeny bopper butt"
    ........
    we were probably in our late 30s then,
    so, him singing
    "... It may seem kinky, but i'll tell you wut ...
    I just love that teeny bopper butt"

    may have seemed as kinky as the lyrics.
    ....................
    -14 degreesC here
    think I'll go make some crepe batter for this eve.
    Last edited by sculptor; March 2nd, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Sophomore Hassnhadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iraq~
    Posts
    170
    14? Please tell me you're 14 and not 41 because I'd shit my pants. Regardless, it depends on what you define as "attractive" and what's your age, the age you find a female is most attractive and such.
     

  39. #38  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassnhadi View Post
    14? Please tell me you're 14 and not 41 because I'd shit my pants. Regardless, it depends on what you define as "attractive" and what's your age, the age you find a female is most attractive and such.
    He isn't 41. according to his profile he is 42.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  40. #39  
    Forum Sophomore Hassnhadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Iraq~
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassnhadi View Post
    14? Please tell me you're 14 and not 41 because I'd shit my pants. Regardless, it depends on what you define as "attractive" and what's your age, the age you find a female is most attractive and such.
    He isn't 41. according to his profile he is 42.
    Oh God...
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,843
    For women the answer exists, because it has been researched. Researchers took photos of many women, with each woman being photographed at different stages in her life. These photos were shown to a number of men, with the preference being expressed. The men doing the evaluations were of a wide range of ages, and their preferences, according to the researchers, showed marked agreement.

    Turns out that, as a broad average, the age 20 is the most physically attractive. There is a big plus or minus error factor, of course. Women are often very attractive from mid teens to late 20's. But the average is age 20 for most attractive.

    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman. All of this was reported in an article in New Scientist a few years ago.
     

  42. #41  
    Northern Horse Whisperer Moderator scheherazade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Yukon, Canada
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    For women the answer exists, because it has been researched. Researchers took photos of many women, with each woman being photographed at different stages in her life. These photos were shown to a number of men, with the preference being expressed. The men doing the evaluations were of a wide range of ages, and their preferences, according to the researchers, showed marked agreement.

    Turns out that, as a broad average, the age 20 is the most physically attractive. There is a big plus or minus error factor, of course. Women are often very attractive from mid teens to late 20's. But the average is age 20 for most attractive.

    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman. All of this was reported in an article in New Scientist a few years ago.
    Which is entirely logical...

    Ah, to be twenty again and to know then what I know now, lol.

    I still think like a twenty year old. Does that count?
     

  43. #42  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    For women the answer exists, because it has been researched. Researchers took photos of many women, with each woman being photographed at different stages in her life. These photos were shown to a number of men, with the preference being expressed. The men doing the evaluations were of a wide range of ages, and their preferences, according to the researchers, showed marked agreement.

    Turns out that, as a broad average, the age 20 is the most physically attractive. There is a big plus or minus error factor, of course. Women are often very attractive from mid teens to late 20's. But the average is age 20 for most attractive.

    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman. All of this was reported in an article in New Scientist a few years ago.
    Which is entirely logical...

    Ah, to be twenty again and to know then what I know now, lol.

    I still think like a twenty year old. Does that count?
    I disagree, you don't seem to show any evidence of thinking like a 20 year old. Especially since so many 20 year olds show little evidence that they think at all.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman.
    I've heard this claim before, but that's not how the biology works and it's obvious it's wrong for the simple reason that it's not 20 year olds that sell the most in the sex industries - it's 18 year olds made to look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and dressed up in school uniforms.

    A prehistoric man living in a small tribe didn't have the opportunity to sleep around with a string of women at the maximum fertility. Instead, the safest, most reliable reproductive strategy to use would be to commit himself to a female and try and get as many offspring from her over the long term.

    Under this strategy, the best females for him to go for would be those approaching their first pregnancy so all of their breeding years would still lie ahead of them and the time a man would have to wait before he started getting any offspring would be at a minimum.

    Using modern day primitive tribes as a guide, the typical age of a girl's first pregnancy was probably about 17, which means that girls in the 12 to 16 bracket (i.e. about 14) would have generally been the best choice. Girls may have been at their most fertile about 20, but their most nubile about 14 which is more important for men choosing females for the purpose of making the most offspring over the long term.
     

  45. #44  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Fertility takes second place to keeping her around long term- or being able to put up with her long term.

    And you make a claim of your own with no evidence, by the way.
     

  46. #45  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman.
    I've heard this claim before, but that's not how the biology works and it's obvious it's wrong for the simple reason that it's not 20 year olds that sell the most in the sex industries - it's 18 year olds made to look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and dressed up in school uniforms.

    A prehistoric man living in a small tribe didn't have the opportunity to sleep around with a string of women at the maximum fertility. Instead, the safest, most reliable reproductive strategy to use would be to commit himself to a female and try and get as many offspring from her over the long term.

    Under this strategy, the best females for him to go for would be those approaching their first pregnancy so all of their breeding years would still lie ahead of them and the time a man would have to wait before he started getting any offspring would be at a minimum.

    Using modern day primitive tribes as a guide, the typical age of a girl's first pregnancy was probably about 17, which means that girls in the 12 to 16 bracket (i.e. about 14) would have generally been the best choice. Girls may have been at their most fertile about 20, but their most nubile about 14 which is more important for men choosing females for the purpose of making the most offspring over the long term.
    What makes you think that people who patronize the porn industry are representative of the mentality of the average person? People of normal sexual tastes not patronize the porn industry as frequently as those of abnormal tastes or appetites. This is an assumption on my part, but since you are working on assumptions, I guess it is as valid as your claims, but i suspect a majority of those who patronize the porn industry regularly are those who cannot get a date from the pool of available individuals they would prefer to date. So they turn to porn to supplement their appetites. Normal healthy non-deviant individuals also patronize porn on occasion, but they aren't as likely to maintain libraries of videos or pay for magazine subscriptions or be dumb enough to visit websites that infect your computer or dial 900 numbers. Normal people can usually get their appetite satisfied by other means.

    The likelihood of a prehistoric female surviving child birth before the age of 20 would have been slim. even in our modern cultures women were at high risk of dying in child birth due to lack of medical advancements and being pregnant at an age too young to handle the strain of pregnancy. Also a sexually immature female would not have been able to feed a newborn baby as well as a fully developed female of about 18 - 20 years old.

    There is an industry for child pornography as well. Not a legal one but a strong one. Look at the sex trade in lesser developed countries. Are you asserting that the porn industry determines biology now? I'm sorry, but it doesn't. because there is also an industry that supports inter-species erotica too, but that doesn't mean that men and goats can reproduce together.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Down go down the "only perverts use porn" route.

    Nearly all men look at porn, and what sells the most is representative of what most men want which is young, pert, fresh adolescent girls, just as biology predicts.

    The likelihood of a prehistoric female surviving child birth before the age of 20 would have been slim. even in our modern cultures women were at high risk of dying in child birth due to lack of medical advancements and being pregnant at an age too young to handle the strain of pregnancy. Also a sexually immature female would not have been able to feed a newborn baby as well as a fully developed female of about 18 - 20 years old.
    I'm sorry you're wrong. In modern day tribes most women have have a baby or two by the age of 20. You're also missing the point about 14 year olds being the most nubile. I don't mean it was the best age to have a baby, only that it was the best age for a man to marry her. The first pregnancy would happen a few years later closer to 18.
     

  48. #47  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Down go down the "only perverts use porn" route.
    I didn't. Try reading my post again.
    Especially this part:

    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy
    Normal healthy non-deviant individuals also patronize porn on occasion
    I'm only saying that the only adult males that are sexually attracted to 14 year old little girls, are perverts, in my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Nearly all men look at porn, and what sells the most is representative of what most men want which is young, pert, fresh adolescent girls, just as biology predicts.
    Nearly all? Really? Where is your scientific data to support this? Do you have a link to a study or are you just making ASSumptions again?

    And you may want to address the other points I made by supporting your claims of biological knowledge based on the porn industry.
    Last edited by seagypsy; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  49. #48  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    This is embarrassing, bye.
     

  50. #49  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    This is embarrassing, bye.
    I think many of us are probably embarrassed for you.
    Strange and Neverfly like this.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  51. #50  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    The reason for this is also apparent, in evolutionary terms. Turns out that, on average, 20 is the age of maximum fertility for a woman.
    I've heard this claim before, but that's not how the biology works and it's obvious it's wrong for the simple reason that it's not 20 year olds that sell the most in the sex industries - it's 18 year olds made to look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and dressed up in school uniforms.
    So you are countering evidence from biology with your favourite type of pron. Very scientific.
    seagypsy likes this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  52. #51  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post
    I'm sorry you're wrong. In modern day tribes most women have have a baby or two by the age of 20.
    Even if that is true (and I see little reason to believe anything you say) it says nothing about the age of maximum fertility.

    You're also missing the point about 14 year olds being the most nubile.
    That is a subjective judgement (assuming you are using it in the sense of sexually attractive) that, apparently, not everyone would agree with your predilections.
    seagypsy likes this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  53. #52  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    it says nothing about the age of maximum fertility.
    Not just that, but the matter of compatibility. The question is one of attraction, not viability.

    The example's been made before about arranged marriages or primitive cultures- yet, the fallacy here is that attraction is related to arranged marriage, dowry, etc- It isn't.
     

  54. #53  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,843
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnon View Post

    I've heard this claim before, but that's not how the biology works and it's obvious it's wrong for the simple reason that it's not 20 year olds that sell the most in the sex industries - it's 18 year olds made to look about 14 with make-up, pigtails and dressed up in school uniforms.
    If you look at beauty contests, you will see a range of ages, from perhaps 17 to 26. That is precisely the range I was discussing, with the mean about 20. Women are at their most attractive at age 20 according to the research findings, but they are still pretty damn good looking from 16 to 28. In fact, lots are very good looking for a wider range of ages than that. But the peak is 20.

    Certainly there are men who are fixated on the very young. There are also men who rape babies. Let's focus on what is 'normal', shall we?
     

  55. #54  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Let's focus on what is 'normal', shall we?
    I assume the OP was looking for some justification that his pervy views are "normal". FAIL.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  56. #55  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    If you look at beauty contests, you will see a range of ages, from perhaps 17 to 26. That is precisely the range I was discussing, with the mean about 20. Women are at their most attractive at age 20 according to the research findings, but they are still pretty damn good looking from 16 to 28. In fact, lots are very good looking for a wider range of ages than that. But the peak is 20.
    Before it became taboo to find minors attractive, the winners of the Miss World competitons were usually about 15. The judges today vote for the women in their 20's as if to say "I'm a good boy. I prefer fully developed adults like I'm supposed to.". This is always the probelm with self reporting surveys. The results are skewed by people saying what they think they should say.

    Do the judges today really find women in their 20's more attractive than the judges 60 years ago?
     

  57. #56  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by chagnun View Post
    Before it became taboo to find minors attractive, the winners of the Miss World competitons were usually about 15.
    Lie.
    None have been under 18.
    List of Miss World titleholders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The requirement to be even allowed to compete sets the MINIMUM age at 17.
    Last edited by Dywyddyr; March 3rd, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  58. #57  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    As you have now created a sock puppet, is it safe to assume you are the same wanker who was complaining about "censorship"?
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  59. #58  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    As you have now created a sock puppet, is it safe to assume you are the same wanker who was complaining about "censorship"?
    That's been my suspicion all along. having joined in nov 2012 but only having about 13-14 posts and all of them in this thread plus one other in which he only created hte op, which was yet another attempt at getting people to tell him it is ok to be attracted to little girls.

    I bet he and grockle are the same person. Not sure why grockle hasn't been suspended but this guy has but I'm sure its gonna work itself out.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
     

  60. #59  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    This thread is going nowhere that is attractive. Locked. Any requests to reopen should be made via the Report Post function.
    seagypsy and Hassnhadi like this.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Is gravity always attractive?
    By dedo in forum Physics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 21st, 2011, 02:44 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
  3. Why Do We Act Stiff/Differently Infront of Those Attractive
    By MavRick in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 20th, 2009, 06:49 AM
  4. A Woman should never be taken at face value..
    By Kolt in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
  5. face transplants
    By captaincaveman in forum Health & Medicine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 27th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •