Notices
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Halliday

Thread: Nymphomaniacs

  1. #1 Nymphomaniacs 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    126
    I had two wifes which are both ex-wifes due to them being nymphomaniacs.What causes this? Why does it happen with me and females for them to want sex all the time?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  

    Related Discussions:

     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    649
    Names and numbers first, please.

    But seriously, two women matching the description indicates something you are doing attracts these sorts of females, as they are not very numerous in the general population. I have heard that they are compensating for some lack of attention/affection in their background. Something deep, profound, and disturbing.

    http://pbfcomics.com/233/


    Last edited by Arthur Angler; January 30th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    I had two wifes which are both ex-wifes due to them being nymphomaniacs.What causes this? Why does it happen with me and females for them to want sex all the time?
    Surely you could have worked this out before you married them!
    Maybe they were attracted by your spelling.
    John Galt likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    I had two wifes which are both ex-wifes due to them being nymphomaniacs.What causes this? Why does it happen with me and females for them to want sex all the time?
    Are you sure they are actually Nymphos? Have they been diagnosed? Maybe you just have low sex drive?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Are you sure they are actually Nymphos? Have they been diagnosed?
    I'm wary of getting involved, in a serious way, with this type of thread, on a Science Forum, but I cordially dislike the use of the word "Nymphos".
    It has connotations with spotty youths, in the school playground, and and comes close to suggesting that females, with a high sex drive, have some kind of disease or illness. This would not be said of their male counterparts.
    Last edited by Halliday; January 30th, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    126
    I have a high sex drive.They both came from very good backgrounds.I provided the attention they needed.It just got to the point where the sex was getting out of hand.I loved the sex but not three times a day,calls at my work,lunchbreaks,ect.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    417
    bryan,
    You should consider yourself lucky as most men would love this kind of attention.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbi View Post
    bryan,
    You should consider yourself lucky as most men would love this kind of attention.
    Seconded. Did these women confine their lust to you and you alone? Generally clinically diagnosed "nymphomaniacs", or "women who treat sex the way most men do", are not terribly discriminating.

    Rooting around found this:Top 10 Facts About Nymphomaniacs
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    649
    Last edited by Arthur Angler; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,359
    I still have my doubts about the claim of them being hypersexual to be honest.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Are you sure they are actually Nymphos? Have they been diagnosed?
    I'm wary of getting involved, in a serious way, with this type of thread, on a Science Forum, but I cordially dislike the use of the word "Nymphos".
    It has connotations with spotty youths, in the school playground, and and comes close to suggesting that females, with a high sex drive, have some kind of disease or illness. This would not be said of their male counterparts.
    Nothing like that intended at all. I am referring to the clinical condition of sex addiction, which is suffered by both men and woman. It is not simply about a high sex drive.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    I have a high sex drive.They both came from very good backgrounds.I provided the attention they needed.It just got to the point where the sex was getting out of hand.I loved the sex but not three times a day,calls at my work,lunchbreaks,ect.
    Perhas you just weren't doing it right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,222
    Perhaps you just weren't doing it right.
    If you believe women's magazine pop psychology, it'd be the other way round. That would be the only thing being done right.

    Classic popular relationship guff would tell us that many women use (for want of a better word) sex as a means to getting affection, recognition or intimacy that they can't get any other way. I can see how this works logically, I'm just not sure how good it is as psychology. As long as one works on the basis that the lack of other affectionate or intimate behaviour can be a problem in a woman's own attitudes and behaviours and not always the facile presumption that only men can be inadequate or insensitive in expressing affection, there may be something worth pursuing there.

    Though my first guess would be that a problem with affection or intimacy is a much, much better initial explanation than moving straight to a technical diagnosis of pathology like sex addiction or hypersexuality.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Nothing like that intended at all. I am referring to the clinical condition of sex addiction, which is suffered by both men and woman. It is not simply about a high sex drive.
    I thought that is what you meant, but my post was about your use of the word "Nymphos."
    This term is normally used exclusively about women and almost always in a derogatory fashion,
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Oh, ok then. No problem. Not a native speaker.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    Unless it's self-destructive I don't think being sexually active is a bad thing anyhow. Now if the X was screwing everything in site, destroying her savings to do so and catching STDs or abondoning her family etc, I think it could be considered something akin to a bad thing--perhaps "nympho" might apply.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Nothing like that intended at all. I am referring to the clinical condition of sex addiction, which is suffered by both men and woman. It is not simply about a high sex drive.
    I thought that is what you meant, but my post was about your use of the word "Nymphos."
    This term is normally used exclusively about women and almost always in a derogatory fashion,
    In case you missed it. This might be considered "inflammatory" language by some, LF. Clinically I expect the politically and clinically correct terminology would be "sex addict", a gender-neutral noun.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    Why does it happen with me and females for them to want sex all the time?
    Seems you didn't fully understand what these women were about. My wild guess is they were trying to conceive. Average couple actively cooperating for a baby take around 4 or 6 months, though a year or more is not uncommon.

    Girls learn early that getting pregnant is a great game changer. Having her husband's baby promotes and secures her status. This is a big deal in the eyes of girls who never saw much hope in competing against men in the job market. Women may express these rather weighty sentiments only obliquely, or they may prefer their men clueless and happily obedient as to the family planning - depends on which magazines they read. :P
    A pong by any other name is still a pong. -williampinn
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    I think bryan should write a book about his experiences in order to aid other males in their quest to make whatever "mistake" it is that he made to get into that situation. I know I'd buy a copy.
    Some clocks are only right twice a day, but they are still right when they are right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Unless it's self-destructive I don't think being sexually active is a bad thing anyhow. Now if the X was screwing everything in site, destroying her savings to do so and catching STDs or abondoning her family etc, I think it could be considered something akin to a bad thing--perhaps "nympho" might apply.
    If you think someone is behaving badly, according to your own moral code, then you may believe you have the right to use unpleasant names to describe them.
    All I was trying to say was that the word "nympho" is generally used, in a derogatory fashion by a certain type of male, to describe a female behaving in the manner you mention in your first sentence
    Last edited by Halliday; February 7th, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •