Notices
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: assholes

  1. #1 assholes 
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    why does it seem that part of human nature involves the attempt at putting down of other human beings?

    is it just primitive behaviour based around staying in a group and shunning outsiders or something more sinister?


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Most animals have a heirarchy - often called a pecking order, after its significance in hens. Primates are no exception. When we still lived in small tribes that heirarchy would have been in dynamic equilibrium. That is, the relative position of its members would not normally change much, but every interaction creates an opportunity for one person to rise relative to another and for them to fall.

    The situation is also complicated by the existence of alliances, wherein two lower status members may be able, jointly, to position themselves above a higher status member. Overall, though, each person has a position and relates to others according to that position.

    Once civilisation came along, with its much larger populations, it became difficult to know exactly where one stood. Thus was invented the class system of the English and the caste system of India, and a thousand more variants.

    In the freer (allegedly) atmosphere of the modern west we do not know where the stranger we are talking to places in our heirarchy. We find out by engaging in debate. If we can put him down , as you describe it, then we have established that they are below us in the heirarchy. So, assholes, are really just humans playing out the games that make them human. It's just that they are doing it to excess. (Or perhaps, just too well.)


     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    makes sense.
     

  5. #4 ... 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    47
    Ive always figured, 'assholes' will innately put you down, or at least attempt to, because they feel inferior to you.

    "Assholes" breed "Assholes'
    When an "asshole" has been continually put down by other "assholes", he will eventually develop an inferiority complex. This complex will weild a desire to prove that he/she is not the weakest link. The 'asshole', totally aware of vulnerabilities in other sensitive people will subtley work on that persons insecurities, eventually turning this person into an...... 'asshole'.

    The trick is, to overcome your insecurities.

    And do not be seduced by the power of the dark side!!!.
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    "Luke... I am your father... [heavy breathing]"

    And you don't realize you've joined the dark side untill is too late.
    I think is primitive, but completely natural behaviour... nothing to be worried about.

    All we have left is to treat assholes as what they are (assholes) and try not to become one of them.
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    945
    what about the ocaisional asshole? where do they fit? i know lots (me included) who chop and change , where is it they fit? do they exist or is it just they slip up and show me their assholeisim?

    i suppose we do need to feel good, and willdo anything to get that feeling, even if it is being an asshole!

    (beat the assholes by sticking your light saber in em!
    Stumble on through life.
    Feel free to correct any false information, which unknown to me, may be included in my posts. (also - let this be a disclaimer)
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    One can be tempted to join the dark side... one can slip once in a while... but if you are ment to, you finally become a complete, merciless and naughty asshole (or you end up sticking the lightsaber in yourself)

    I consider myself an ocasional asshole, and I'm trying to quit
     

  9. #8  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,450
    I hope I remember this, its been a while since I heard it and I'll be paraphrasing....

    It seems the parts of the body were arguing who is the boss. The heart said it was the boss because without a blood pump the body would surely die. The stomach said it was the boss because in order to live, the body needed to digest its food. The eyes and lungs each argued on their behalf. The brain ended it all by saying he was the boss because without him none of the other parts would be functional. The parts of the body agreed, the brain was boss.

    Then in a moment of silence the lonely asshole decreed, "I'm the boss". This touched off uncontrollable laughter from all the body parts. The asshole was hurt by this and in a fit of rage decided to clam up. Hours passed and soon the heart began to palpitate, the stomach turned queasy and ached, the eyes watered, the lungs became short of breath and the brain became confused and muddled. The moral is that you don't have to be a brain to be boss, just an asshole.
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    I hope I remember this, its been a while since I heard it and I'll be paraphrasing....

    It seems the parts of the body were arguing who is the boss. The heart said it was the boss because without a blood pump the body would surely die. The stomach said it was the boss because in order to live, the body needed to digest its food. The eyes and lungs each argued on their behalf. The brain ended it all by saying he was the boss because without him none of the other parts would be functional. The parts of the body agreed, the brain was boss.

    Then in a moment of silence the lonely asshole decreed, "I'm the boss". This touched off uncontrollable laughter from all the body parts. The asshole was hurt by this and in a fit of rage decided to clam up. Hours passed and soon the heart began to palpitate, the stomach turned queasy and ached, the eyes watered, the lungs became short of breath and the brain became confused and muddled. The moral is that you don't have to be a brain to be boss, just an asshole.

    You know... you are SO right.

     

  11. #10 Re: assholes 
    J.B
    J.B is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    why does it seem that part of human nature involves the attempt at putting down of other human beings?

    is it just primitive behaviour based around staying in a group and shunning outsiders or something more sinister?
    why does it seem that part of human nature involves the attempt at putting down of other human beings, like calling some people "assholes"?

    is it just primitive behaviour based around staying in a group and shunning outsiders or something more sinister?
     

  12. #11 Re: assholes 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    why does it seem that part of human nature involves the attempt at putting down of other human beings?

    is it just primitive behaviour based around staying in a group and shunning outsiders or something more sinister?
    Something more sinister. Control.

    People naturally try to control each other. Those that want power will do anything in order to assert control. One way to control another person is to make them smaller or weaker. By making hurtful comments, the person mentality and willpower will become less powerful. This allows the dominating person to assume control of the person being insulted.

    The next time you go to a new place, say something that makes it appear you have knowledge that no one else does. Something that makes you special. Something that would give you more status or power in the minds of other people.

    If you do this, people will come out of the woodwork to attack you. They will feel that your knowledge knocks them down the ladder of status and power in the group you are in. They must belittle you in some way so that they retain their current respected status.

    This kind of behavior will be most obvious in those that control the discussion area. If you go to an internet forums for example, if the moderators feel you challenge their authority, they will immediately go on the attack. They need their status and respect in order to maintain control of the lesser inhabitants of the forums. They do not care what norms of society they break in order to retain that control that they desire.

    If you believe in energy, it is about energy. A person in a controlling position can be said to be feeding off of the energy of the controlled person. Sort of like a rock band in front of a crowd of thousands. The audience is literally throwing their energy at the rock band who then consumes it.
     

  13. #12 Re: assholes 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Something more sinister. Control.
    This interpretation is easier to accept if you are paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    People naturally try to control each other.
    While this is one aspect of inter-personal behaviour, it is certainly not the only, and often not the dominant one. People also seek to admired by others; to nurture them; to support them; to work with them towards a common goal; to love them; to be loved by them.

    Certain imbalanced personalities may seek to control at the expense of all these other behaviours. They are a small minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    One way to control another person is to make them smaller or weaker. By making hurtful comments, the person mentality and willpower will become less powerful.
    This is largely nonsense.

    For example - Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality.
    Now, I have just insulted you. Are you any weaker? Have I somehow acquired control of you? Of course not. If anything, had I issued the insult for real, I would be the one who would have lost ground to you: casual observers would have thought my attack cruel and unjustified, and would have sided with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    The next time you go to a new place, say something that makes it appear you have knowledge that no one else does. Something that makes you special. Something that would give you more status or power in the minds of other people.

    If you do this, people will come out of the woodwork to attack you. .
    Well, let me just climb out of this woodwork, preparatory to attacking you.
    Think about what you have just said. You are going into a group of people and pretending that you have some knowledge that they don't have. You have only just met these people, and here you are, acting like an arrogant prat, pretending to know something special. Of course you are going to be attacked, and quite rightly. All pretenders and bearers of false witness should be attacked.
    Your example is simply foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    This kind of behavior will be most obvious in those that control the discussion area. If you go to an internet forums for example, if the moderators feel you challenge their authority, they will immediately go on the attack. .
    Happeh, unlike most of the posters on this thread, they are unaware of your embarassing theories and anti-semitic rantings in other fora. Some of us have been forewarned. Even without that we would still question nonsense when we saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    If you believe in energy, it is about energy. A person in a controlling position can be said to be feeding off of the energy of the controlled person. Sort of like a rock band in front of a crowd of thousands. The audience is literally throwing their energy at the rock band who then consumes it.
    You may have something here. The largest drain on my energy over the last month or so has been contesting your nonsense on another forum. Now I find I have to do it here too, with the added restriction that as a moderator I am meant to do so without raising my voice, or acting in any other biased manner.
    Just don't try my patience Happeh, there's a good fellow.
     

  14. #13 Re: assholes 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Something more sinister. Control.
    This interpretation is easier to accept if you are paranoid.
    Or if you are willing to accept reality instead of running away in fear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Certain imbalanced personalities may seek to control at the expense of all these other behaviours. They are a small minority.
    I disagree. I believe the majority try to control others while the minority does not try to control others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    One way to control another person is to make them smaller or weaker. By making hurtful comments, the person mentality and willpower will become less powerful.
    This is largely nonsense.
    I disagree. I can easily provide evidence if you wish to push something that seems obviously wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    For example - Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality.
    You have a malodorous body. Which of us infringes on our fellows more? It is hard to get away from someone who stinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Now, I have just insulted you. Are you any weaker? Have I somehow acquired control of you? Of course not.
    Of course not because I understand you work for evil and have been exposed to your insults on a daily basis in another forums. If I was an innocent person who did not know you, who had not become acclimated to the bile you spew, then the results might be different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    If anything, had I issued the insult for real, I would be the one who would have lost ground to you: casual observers would have thought my attack cruel and unjustified, and would have sided with you.
    You believe casual observers are reasonable. I believe casual observers are like the crowds in rome watching christians being thrown to the lions. We both know the inhabitants of sciforums fought with each other over who could be more rude and hurtful to me. They had no qualms about you or anyone else saying hurtful things.

    The evidence indicates you are wrong in your assertion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    The next time you go to a new place, say something that makes it appear you have knowledge that no one else does. Something that makes you special. Something that would give you more status or power in the minds of other people.

    If you do this, people will come out of the woodwork to attack you. .
    Well, let me just climb out of this woodwork, preparatory to attacking you.
    Think about what you have just said. You are going into a group of people and pretending that you have some knowledge that they don't have.
    Who said pretending? That is your judgement. It is not a factually correct statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Just don't try my patience Happeh, there's a good fellow.
    Bend over Ophiolite. There's a good fellow.
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    This has carried on long enough. Happeh, you will seize all comments on personal nature towards Ophiolite in this thread and beyond, and seize all comments about anti-semitism, judaism or other topics relating jews. Failure to do so will result in a banning. You will be informed when such priviledges may be reacquired.

    Thank you for understanding,

    HomoUniversalis
    Administrator TheScienceForum
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by HomoUniversalis
    This has carried on long enough. Happeh, you will seize all comments on personal nature towards Ophiolite in this thread and beyond,
    What you mean to say is that while it is fine for Ophiolite to say

    "Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality. "

    You have a problem with me doing the same thing. I am certain you only have one half of the story. Most people jumping to conclusions do.

    I have put up with this "thing" Ophiolite over at Sciforums. The man posted comments just like the one above on a daily basis for over a month. Just like you, that Admin also stood by doing nothing while Ophiolite said what he did to me, but the minute I stood up for myself, well, that was a very bad thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by HomoUniversalis
    and seize all comments about anti-semitism, judaism or other topics relating jews.
    Because this board is all about hating muslims isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by HomoUniversalis
    Failure to do so will result in a banning. You will be informed when such priviledges may be reacquired.

    Thank you for understanding,

    HomoUniversalis
    Administrator TheScienceForum
    What you mean is that failure to support your hate for muslims will result in you being unhappy with me. Two can play it that way big man.

    I have just reported your board for hate speech. What does it feel like to have some nobody telling you that they will cause trouble for you? I copied the posts in question. Don't bother trying to erase the evidence.

    Let me know after the authorities contact you. I would be interested in your experience. Or perhaps they will only put you on a government list somewhere. You will go to fly to a science conference and suddenly you will find that you are on the no fly list.

    Or maybe they will name and shame you as a scientist who supports anti muslim hate. How would you feel about yourself being on a list of haters ciruculated around the educational community?

    Hypocrisy and Hate are a very bad combination Mr Admin.
     

  17. #16  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    What you mean to say is that while it is fine for Ophiolite to say
    "Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality. "
    You have a problem with me doing the same thing. I am certain you only have one half of the story. Most people jumping to conclusions do.
    Happeh, please don't distort the truth. Please examine what I said in full context. I reproduce it for you here. I have emphasised a couple of points, otherwise this is a direct copy of the original:

    For example - Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality.
    Now, I have just insulted you. Are you any weaker? Have I somehow acquired control of you? Of course not. If anything, had I issued the insult for real, I would be the one who would have lost ground to you: casual observers would have thought my attack cruel and unjustified, and would have sided with you.


    It should be clear to you that I was illustrating a point by example. That the illustrative insult was not intended to be real. It may be that you are a mindless cretin with paranoid delusions. It may be that you are one of the ten most intelligent people who have ever lived, and one of the three most empathic. These are possibilities. However, I have made no claim, and expressed no opinion, as to which of these two possibilities, if either, you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I have put up with this "thing" Ophiolite over at Sciforums. The man posted comments just like the one above on a daily basis for over a month. Just like you, that Admin also stood by doing nothing while Ophiolite said what he did to me, but the minute I stood up for myself, well, that was a very bad thing to do.
    Absolutely correct Happeh. For a month I ridiculed your theory that masturbation causes strokes, heart attack and death. For a month I pored scorn on the idea that you could identify a masturbator from a single photograph of the individual, based upon the 'lopsidedness' they exhibited. For a month I begged, cajoled, urged you to offer a sliver, an iota of evidence to support your bizarre contentions. For a month criticised you for your utter failure to follow a single principle of the scientific method.

    I really hope I don't have to do the same thing here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Because this board is all about hating muslims isn't it?
    I believe I have previously informed you that my wife is Muslim. I have several friends and many more acquaintances who are Muslim and Arab. And a couple who are Palestinian. I think, once again, you are living in a strange fantasy world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    What you mean is that failure to support your hate for muslims will result in you being unhappy with me. Two can play it that way big man.

    I have just reported your board for hate speech. What does it feel like to have some nobody telling you that they will cause trouble for you? I copied the posts in question. Don't bother trying to erase the evidence.
    Is this comparable with what you did over at the other board Happeh. Pretended to be a UK citizen and submitted a complaint to the Metropolitan Police. Even though the board in question is based in Australia.

    If I may be very serious for a moment. Regretably I know you are not going to listen, but on the off chance that your wife is reading this - this man needs help. He needs it badly. And he needs it now. You know this is true. Don't delay. Act now.

    I'm going to let you rant on. Maybe it helps you in some way. 99.9% of the population have the intelligence to ignore what you are saying. I suspect HU is not going to be so lenient.
     

  18. #17  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    What you mean to say is that while it is fine for Ophiolite to say
    "Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality. "
    You have a problem with me doing the same thing. I am certain you only have one half of the story. Most people jumping to conclusions do.
    Happeh, please don't distort the truth. Please examine what I said in full context. I reproduce it for you here. I have emphasised a couple of points, otherwise this is a direct copy of the original:

    For example - Happeh, you are mindless cretin, with paranoid delusions and a malodorous personality.
    Now, I have just insulted you. Are you any weaker? Have I somehow acquired control of you? Of course not. If anything, had I issued the insult for real, I would be the one who would have lost ground to you: casual observers would have thought my attack cruel and unjustified, and would have sided with you.


    It should be clear to you that I was illustrating a point by example. That the illustrative insult was not intended to be real. It may be that you are a mindless cretin with paranoid delusions. It may be that you are one of the ten most intelligent people who have ever lived, and one of the three most empathic. These are possibilities. However, I have made no claim, and expressed no opinion, as to which of these two possibilities, if either, you are.
    I new you were going to play this game when you were writing it. I couldn't believe you would be so stupid.



    ---

    Mr. Happeh,

    As advocates of free speech and discussion, this board does not needlessly censor its members. Opinions, theories, and ideas are not banned, however, certain language and rhetoric is. You are not a paying customer of this board; it is a service that we choose to allow free membership to anyone who wishes to join. It is technically a privilege, not a right, to be allowed to post here. All we ask in return from our members is that they follow the clear and concise guidelines we have posted. You have broken those rules. For now, we continue to allow you to post, but that can change. If you have a problem with this board or it’s moderators, feel free to report us to the proper authorities.

    I, personally, believe that all have a right to their opinions; however, I have deleted this paragraph because of its language. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss with me why you feel I am in error, please PM me.

    Respectfully,
    Jacques.X

    ---




    Oh. By the way. I didn't mean any of that. It was just my way of making a point about how smart alecks can be rude and abusive and then prance away with some childish "I take it all back" comment. Really. A 10 year old school girl does things like that. And you forced me to do it to mirror you. The things I do to help people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I have put up with this "thing" Ophiolite over at Sciforums. The man posted comments just like the one above on a daily basis for over a month. Just like you, that Admin also stood by doing nothing while Ophiolite said what he did to me, but the minute I stood up for myself, well, that was a very bad thing to do.
    Absolutely correct Happeh. For a month I ridiculed your theory that masturbation causes strokes, heart attack and death. For a month I pored scorn on the idea that you could identify a masturbator from a single photograph of the individual, based upon the 'lopsidedness' they exhibited. For a month I begged, cajoled, urged you to offer a sliver, an iota of evidence to support your bizarre contentions. For a month criticised you for your utter failure to follow a single principle of the scientific method.
    Just be honest Ophiolite. You will be better off in the long run. Admit that you were too stupid to understand what I said. You don't know how to think. You know how to bully and control others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Is this comparable with what you did over at the other board Happeh. Pretended to be a UK citizen and submitted a complaint to the Metropolitan Police. Even though the board in question is based in Australia.
    That is exactly what I did Ophiolite. If I see more of that hate speech, I will do it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    If I may be very serious for a moment. Regretably I know you are not going to listen, but on the off chance that your wife is reading this
    Actually it is your wife Opiolite. I have her right here between my legs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    I'm going to let you rant on. Maybe it helps you in some way. 99.9% of the population have the intelligence to ignore what you are saying. I suspect HU is not going to be so lenient.
    I doubt it. You are women like JamesR. You can't take it. All I have to do is write a post and the fear it inspires in you, Skinwalker and Homo is enough to make all of you delete my posts, my threads, to verbally attack me and to threathen me. All just by little old me talking, you guys are jumping out of your undewear.

    I own all of you.

    Get used to it Ophiolite. You will go to your grave stupid as you are now. We know that you do not have the brains to even figure out my simple ideas, so what chance do you have of understanding anything even modestly challenging?

    Go back to what you do best. Herding the lemmings with that loud voice and demanding attitude of yours.
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    935
    It doesn't take long for you to get banned most places, does it Happeh?
     

  20. #19  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    We've decided to keep him on for a while for entertainment value. Banning is generally reserved for people with something to say, but a vulgar way of saying it.
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I own all of you.
    Wow. I've been owned by a 12 year-old reduced to petty insults and empty threats because he couldn't get his way on an internet forum. I wonder how I'll sleep tonight.

    I think Ophiolite was spot on with his "mindless cretin" remark after all.


    *yawn*.

    g'nite.
     

  22. #21  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinWalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I own all of you.
    Wow. I've been owned by a 12 year-old reduced to petty insults and empty threats because he couldn't get his way on an internet forum. I wonder how I'll sleep tonight.

    I think Ophiolite was spot on with his "mindless cretin" remark after all.
    You guys are too easy. Boring really. I know you think you are scientists and all. You don't even have common sense.

    You ever hear of actors?

    But you are convinced you know me by my language. Gullible fools. Any conman could talk you into anything.

    I am an open minded person. I go around the world meeting new groups of people. I do this so I can learn how they think. Then I try to figure out why they think the way they do.

    On one of my forays I happened across people who speak in the way Skinwalker mentioned above. I found it incredibly humorous once I got used to it. I found it funny because it is honest. Instead of some educated guy writing 3 paragraphs to say "I own you", a person can use just 3 words to get the point across.

    Back when I was an arrogant know it all like you guys, I too looked down on those people for talking like that. Once I started emulating them though, I found out something startling. Even though their language is harsh and direct, the honesty made me feel physically healthier.

    Instead of wasting energy on 3 paragraphs of smart comments to someone like Ophiolite, I can write 3 words that say exactly what those 3 paragraphs meant. I actually owe those men a debt for teaching me to speak like that. My life is much more simple now. I feel physically better by being honest instead of trying to hide my feelings behind paragraphs of dictionary words.

    See. You guys never give me credit. All you do is talk smack to me. But because I work for good, I am willing to share a lesson I learned from life with you so that you to can maybe take advantage of it and improve your own health.


    I don't care about you guys. I fought with you because I could not believe Skinwalker was deleting my posts literally 5 minutes after I joined. I did not even realize it was the same Skinwalker until hours later.

    After I got booted from sciforums, my health immediately increased. I was no longer having to transform your and the other 20 members hate everyday. I felt like my old self for the past week or two or whatever it has been.

    I come here and I am feeling sick again. Which makes sense because within hours of posting here, I am reading the same old hate from the same people.

    I don't want it anymore. You guys are hopeless. You are too old. Your brains have solidified. Your current social status requires you to close your mind so that you can control others. I can only teach people with open minds. Your intransigence makes me physically ill. You will need to find another good samaritan who is expert in working with old people with concrete brains to help you.

    Or resign yourself to being as blind as you currently are until you die.


    I do owe you some thanks though. In response to my exposure to you, the current book I was working on changed completely. I just finished it yesterday and I realized I had deleted almost all of the old book and wrote a whole new one geared at people who think like you. Linear and scientifically.

    Honestly, I do not think it will work. Even though it is written and organized like a science lab manual, it is still what you would label "new age" think. It requires you, on your own, to ponder ideas and reach a conclusion. Without anyone telling you what to believe so you fit with the "in group".

    Regardless, I can say with total sincerity that I worked for months writing a book that I hoped would teach people that gave me nothing but hate.

    I don't know how you can dirty an altruistic motive like that, but I am sure you will find a way.
     

  23. #22  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I don't know how you can dirty an altruistic motive like that, but I am sure you will find a way.
    Thank you for your vote of confidence. It certainly means a lot to me.
     

  24. #23  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Mission Implausible
    In line with the title of this thread (not this post) we shall conduct a small experiment, involving observation, analysis and a conclusion.

    Here is a list of forums, with a note of Happeh's relationship with them:

    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/ banned
    http://www.sciforums.com/ temporary ban for anti-semitism
    http://forums.hypography.com/ two week ban for abusive interference
    http://forums.ugo.com/ banned for anti-semitic hate and persistent spamming of serious discussions
    http://www.slyck.com/ not banned, but see * below
    http://www.defend.net/ stopped posting after his crybaby posts were discredited
    http://www.wrongplanet.net banned for inflammatory posts

    Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to decide who is the larger asshole:

    Happeh, for being banned on almost every forum he has registered at,
    or
    Ophiolite, for pointing this out.

    This message will self destruct in a decade or so.

    Happeh, do you think there is even a remote possibility that you might be the tiniest bit at fault in all of this? [If you deign to reply, could you also explain how your birthdate appears to range from 1966 to 1980? Are you a born again Christian?] I suggest you wise up, follow the rules of the board, conduct yourself in a civilised manner, and we can all get along just fine.


    * From a poster at http://www.slyck.com/ to Happeh: why dont you stick to your masturbation related conspiracy theories on your own site instead of polluting this site with your twisted shite? I dont like the mpaa or riaa but they don't shove guns in your face. I dont even want to think about what visitors to your site get shoved in their faces...
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I am an open minded person. I go around the world meeting new groups of people. I do this so I can learn how they think. Then I try to figure out why they think the way they do.
    funny how you think you are open minded when you argue nonsense and create one sided and arogant arguements.
    you say other people attack your ideas while your attacking them?
    do you ever wonder why this is so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Instead of wasting energy on 3 paragraphs of smart comments to someone like Ophiolite, I can write 3 words that say exactly what those 3 paragraphs meant. I actually owe those men a debt for teaching me to speak like that. My life is much more simple now. I feel physically better by being honest instead of trying to hide my feelings behind paragraphs of dictionary words.
    but you offer no depth or meaning to your words, leaving them as just words and nothing more, you make no proper arguement on which we base discussion in 3 words.

    funny how you used 67 words in the above paragraph to to say, "long arguements waste my energy", which you will find is a 5 word statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I come here and I am feeling sick again. Which makes sense because within hours of posting here, I am reading the same old hate from the same people.
    so why are you still here?
    are you providing free entertainment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I don't want it anymore. You guys are hopeless. You are too old. Your brains have solidified. Your current social status requires you to close your mind so that you can control others. I can only teach people with open minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Something more sinister. Control.

    People naturally try to control each other. Those that want power will do anything in order to assert control. One way to control another person is to make them smaller or weaker. By making hurtful comments, the person mentality and willpower will become less powerful. This allows the dominating person to assume control of the person being insulted.
    i understand why you make such comments about the smart, experienced and open minded members of this forum.
    you feel as if you have no control over the outcomes of an arguement, you feel that since the outcome and final decision is not yours and is not accepted by everyone, you must make futile and impotent attempts at attacking the respectable members of the board to gain 'control'.

    you have only a small degree of control.
    you control wether or not you post and you control whether you are banned from the many public fora, but you do not control other peoples minds.

    try building robots in the future, i'm sure they'll follow your ideas as mindlessly as you do.
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Futuria
    Posts
    57
    Now this is the reason... i should visit this forums more often.

    Yes and i should make my own addition to the topic while i am here:

    Yes people like to feel stronger than others from time to time. Since we dunn have to do it by means of swords, artillery and bombs, the most common mean to achive that is through person to person relations.

    Means to avoid all of the trouble ? Not taking it all that serious or just avoiding such situations when feeling so.
    Want to have unlimited power? Dont stop learning and u'll have it.

    http://science.mojforum.si
     

  27. #26  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I am an open minded person. I go around the world meeting new groups of people. I do this so I can learn how they think. Then I try to figure out why they think the way they do.
    funny how you think you are open minded when you argue nonsense and create one sided and arogant arguements.
    I am bored. I will swat you down. So you think my arguments are arrogant. Judgement call. You say they are one sided and nonsense. Can you provide an example? Or are you simply telling people what they should think>

    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    you say other people attack your ideas while your attacking them?
    do you ever wonder why this is so?
    Did I say this or did you make it up?

    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Instead of wasting energy on 3 paragraphs of smart comments to someone like Ophiolite, I can write 3 words that say exactly what those 3 paragraphs meant. I actually owe those men a debt for teaching me to speak like that. My life is much more simple now. I feel physically better by being honest instead of trying to hide my feelings behind paragraphs of dictionary words.
    but you offer no depth or meaning to your words, leaving them as just words and nothing more, you make no proper arguement on which we base discussion in 3 words.
    Water is wet.

    Please show me the lack of depth and meaning in that statement. I have said what I wanted to. Water is wet. I could be verbose and describe chemical properties or provide a definition of wet or the difference between wet and dry. Why? A regular person could care less about chemical properties of water. They only thing they care about is "do they need an umbrella? Should they wear galoshes to protect their shoes from getting wet?".

    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    funny how you used 67 words in the above paragraph to to say, "long arguements waste my energy", which you will find is a 5 word statement.
    Now you know why I do not like speaking to the simple minded. With intelligent and friendly people, I an speak shortly and they take my meaning. With haters and troublemakers, part of what they do is force you to explain words like "wet" or "paragraph".


    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    I don't want it anymore. You guys are hopeless. You are too old. Your brains have solidified. Your current social status requires you to close your mind so that you can control others. I can only teach people with open minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happeh
    Something more sinister. Control.

    People naturally try to control each other. Those that want power will do anything in order to assert control. One way to control another person is to make them smaller or weaker. By making hurtful comments, the person mentality and willpower will become less powerful. This allows the dominating person to assume control of the person being insulted.
    i understand why you make such comments about the smart, experienced and open minded members of this forum.
    you feel as if you have no control over the outcomes of an arguement, you feel that since the outcome and final decision is not yours and is not accepted by everyone, you must make futile and impotent attempts at attacking the respectable members of the board to gain 'control'.
    Really? And you are a scientist? Wow. Do you teach your students or perform your work with equal incompetence?

    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    you have only a small degree of control.
    you control wether or not you post and you control whether you are banned from the many public fora, but you do not control other peoples minds.

    try building robots in the future, i'm sure they'll follow your ideas as mindlessly as you do.
    That was a waste of my time. Even bored, that was a waste of my time.

    Get a brain. Pose me a challenge.
     

  28. #27  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino
    It doesn't take long for you to get banned most places, does it Happeh?
    No. Moderators take their job for ego. They are big men who have the power to censor and ban. Try it. Be a moderator. In a month or so, you will begin to think your feces smell like perfume.

    Me? I know everyones feces smell like feces. I walk into a forums and speak my mind. The controlling moderators don't like that. It affects their ego and self image.

    I am a powerful person. No matter where I go, people listen to me. They may hate me, but they listen and talk to me or at me no matter what.

    Moderators cannot stand that. The forums members are giving their attention to Happeh, not the moderator. Their ego starts to shrink. Since that is the main reason they are mods, to have a big ego, they must do something to stop the ego shrinkage.

    That usually includes joining the pack of dogs attacking me, then censoring me, then banning me.

    People are weak. You try to help them. You talk to them so your strength rubs off on them. Then they hate you. They don't realize you are helping them by giving them your strength. They just cry because it hurts.

    While they are crying becauase mean old Happeh just opened their brain, and it hurt, they ban or censor or post hate towards him.

    Think about it. What if a child that a doctor was treating had the right to stop the doctor? What if the doctor was going to give the child a flu injection, but the child slapped it away?

    Most people would recommend holding the child down while the doctor injected it. The adults know what is best for the child.

    Since we are adults here, that won't work. No one will hold you guys down will I give you an injection of open mindedness. You guys have the right to slap the needle out of my hands, even though you need the injection to keep you from getting sick.

    All I can do is hope that a moderator at a particular forums has the strength to deal with me. If they don't, they will deny themselves and all of the other forums members the possiblity of mental and spiritual growth. What can I do? I am writing this right here for the mods or admins to read. I have done the same things in other forums.

    Even though I tell the mods right to their face what the process is, what to expect...the pain and grief of opening the mind etc., they still react to their emotions and take it out on me.

    If I speak to an adult, tell them exactly what to expect and to be prepared for it, and they still react, they are obviously too weak to learn from me. It is probably for the best that I am banned or censored. I would probably break their brain by pushing too hard.
     

  29. #28  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    The thread title is 'assholes'. You are still on topic, Happeh. Well done.
     

  30. #29  
    JX
    JX is offline
    Forum Junior JX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    288
    [Topic Locked]

    This topic has been locked due to the posts veering too far from the original thread topic. Usually, such transitions are allowed to occur, however, only when the new topics arising inspire intellectual discussion, which, in this case, does not apply.

    Any problems with this decision or questions relating to it can be PMed to me directly.

    Jacques.X
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maastricht, Netherlands
    Posts
    861
    To those who have followed this thread and the developments concerning the member known as "Happeh" with interest.
    I'm completely open to criticism towards the way I manage this board, but also my own political and philosophical ideologies.
    However, the management of this board, and the administration itself should be discussed primarily through Personal Messages or emails with me, not in threads that have a completely different topic.
    Further, though the critical review of ideologies (in mind the Scientific Method) is encouraged, stereotyping and stigmatising people adhering to such a ideology is not.

    I copied the posts in question. Don't bother trying to erase the evidence.
    Because I believed this to be of merit; It is not the policy of TheScienceForum to delete posts because we don't agree with them. We delete them because they either serve no purpose, or because their content is of such a nature that they do not belong on this board. In some cases, they will be moved to the Trash Can, where they can be discussed, albeit in a section that acknowledges their content, or they are simply deleted (although a 'copy' is kept).
    If a member of the administration is guilty of 'hate speech' (which I find hard to believe) I will welcome a notification of such facts through Personal Message or email.

    If you have further questions or suggestions on any subject, feel free to Personal Message me, and I will respond as soon as possible.

    Jerôme Serpenti
    Administrator thescienceforum.com
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •