Notices
Results 1 to 47 of 47

Thread: Why do guys love the chase?

  1. #1 Why do guys love the chase? 
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    ok just to start i should mention that this may not apply to every guy out there, and for those it doesn't, gz on being a better person than me.

    So here is how a usual relationship sequence starts.

    1, I see an attractive girl that i don't know much about and i instantly become fascinated by her

    2) thoughts of this girl seem to take up large parts of my day, and to quote a cliche "i can't get her off my mind"

    3) so then i pursue a relationship with this girl, and rather than go through a friend-boyfriend route i go straight for the gold. depending on the girl this process can take less than a day to a few weeks.

    4)So after a period of time i am now with this girl and all of a sudden i don't want to be with her, and the whole relationship that i have been working towards is boring. so then i end up breaking up with the girl

    But i do this repeatedly, i know that the relationship part is going to be boring but i love the chase part and trying to get the girl.
    I talked to some of my friends about this and some of them feel the same way.

    So i was wondering if there is any genetic/evolutionary reason why i love trying to get girls but once i have them i get bored?

    like i said sorry if this makes me seem like a bad person but it is just the way i am


    everything is mathematical.
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    589
    Simple. Guys love a challenge. Once the goal is reached, life seems boring to them. I dont know about evolution.....ive never actually heard of male apes flirting with female apes. :-D


     

  4. #3  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard paralith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,190
    Because males make small, inexpensive sperm and females must make large expensive eggs and, in the case of mammals, gestate and lactate, males and females have fundamentally different mating strategies in order to best increase their reproductive success. The amount of offspring a female can have is limited by resources. The amount of offspring a male can have is limited by how many females he can fertilize. Thus, females are choosy, and males are indiscriminate.

    The story is a little different for humans, because our offspring are incredibly costly and, for most of our evolution, required the investment of both parents. This began to pull the male strategies in the direction of the female strategies - simply inseminating and leaving was more or less a death sentence for any resulting offspring.

    But human males have been males much longer than they have been human. Once we moved from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle to a more settled lifestyle, males began to accumulate resources and wealth, and if they accumulate enough of it, they can afford to support several wives - and they do. In many pastoralist societies, if you have a large enough livestock herd, you buy yourself several wives. If you can only afford one, you only get one.

    In modern societies things are changing even more - the types of strengths and skills required to support a family are no longer things that are best accomplished by men - now women can do them to. Now a single mother will be able to support herself and her family. It will be much harder by herself, but it won't be the guaranteed death sentence for her children that it used to be.

    You are young (I assume). At the moment you don't have a lot of resources to call your own. Reproductively, your best strategy is the "cad" strategy - love 'em and leave 'em. Perhaps when you're older and you can support a family, you'll feel more comfortable settling down and taking the time to invest in your offspring and making sure each one is well prepared for a successful reproductive life of their own. Right now you're going for quantity, later you'll go for quality.

    And in conclusion, a cautionary note: explainable doesn't mean justifiable. You are still human, still aware and largely in control of most of your actions. If your actions are causing pain to the women you "love n leave," then I would advise you to try and curb your desire to form a relationship with someone unless you're fairly certain that you will want to make something of it, or at least make the woman aware that the situation may be temporary.
    Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.
    ~Jean-Paul Sartre
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Because men are superficial and shallow and don't seem to understand the meaning of the term 'relationship' to them it is all a game and a contest.
     

  6. #5  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    The "attractive girl" may have her own "selfish" motives and initiative, less overt than yours but equally manipulative. She might be exercising her ability to attract and snare a guy and make him dote on her. She might revel in this, and grow bored too after she's scored gold. See "gold" is subjective. It could be your heart. Is captivating a girl's attention, so she's practically begging, a skill you hone? I doubt you even try, since you're just a guy.

    As far as I can tell, you kinda admitted girls do that to you. So I hope you don't imagine you're a cad and solely responsible there.

    Anyway, I attribute the fact of your ...serial monogamy... to youthful exploration not mating strategy. Boys and girls alike are testing themselves, necessarily on each other. Yet Paralith is right too, because your role of course differs, so that it may compliment.

    @Absum. Call Fido, you get a dog.
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    589
    Because men are superficial and shallow and don't seem to understand the meaning of the term 'relationship' to them it is all a game and a contest.
    Oh, and I suppose YOU are the paragon of womanly virtue?
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    And in conclusion, a cautionary note: explainable doesn't mean justifiable. You are still human, still aware and largely in control of most of your actions. If your actions are causing pain to the women you "love n leave," then I would advise you to try and curb your desire to form a relationship with someone unless you're fairly certain that you will want to make something of it, or at least make the woman aware that the situation may be temporary.

    Yeh i understand that what I am doing could be considered wrong, I don't lie to the girl and tell her that i love her just so she will sleep with me,

    Because men are superficial and shallow and don't seem to understand the meaning of the term 'relationship' to them it is all a game and a contest.
    Bit of a generalisation not all men are terrible, some actually want a relationship.
    I am guessing you were with a guy and he did some terrible thing? well it happens so get over it





    The "attractive girl" may have her own "selfish" motives and initiative, less overt than yours but equally manipulative. She might be exercising her ability to attract and snare a guy and make him dote on her. She might revel in this, and grow bored too after she's scored gold. See "gold" is subjective. It could be your heart. Is captivating a girl's attention, so she's practically begging, a skill you hone? I doubt you even try, since you're just a guy.
    everyone who goes out at night is exercising their ability to attract the opposite sex, the whole thing is just a giant ego driven ritual.
    But i don't put out on the girl, yes i want to "get" her but i don't demeen myself by doing all her little tasks and although the girl interests me i don't make it seem like i think about her all the time.
    i have ended every relationship i have been in so i don't think the girl gets bored


    As far as I can tell, you kinda admitted girls do that to you. So I hope you don't imagine you're a cad and solely responsible there.
    Right I admit that I like girls, and that i end relationships because they bore me. so yes it isn't all my fault, it is the girls fault for being boring yet so damn attractive
    everything is mathematical.
     

  9. #8  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    Because men are superficial and shallow and don't seem to understand the meaning of the term 'relationship' to them it is all a game and a contest.
    A hugely exaggerated generalisation. Most of the men I know - including me - are not like that. I could say the same thing about some women I knew or still know.

    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    Right I admit that I like girls, and that i end relationships because they bore me. so yes it isn't all my fault, it is the girls fault for being boring yet so damn attractive
    I have no idea how old you are, but to me it seems to be a quite adolescent behaviour. Attraction is not a good substitute for someone being interesting to you. There are other qualities that are much more important. You should not escape that easily from that responsibility and seek the blame within others. From my perspective, as soon as you are engaged with someone (any relationship, not only romance), you have the responsibility not only to follow you own desires, but also to respect the feelings of the person close to you. I believe, selfishness only leads to loneliness.
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    I have no idea how old you are, but to me it seems to be a quite adolescent behaviour. Attraction is not a good substitute for someone being interesting to you. There are other qualities that are much more important.
    And yet attractive people are more often in a relationship compared to people who aren't attractive, this is not adolescent behaviour as this trend continues at older ages. and personally I enjoy being with someone I like looking at.



    You should not escape that easily from that responsibility and seek the blame within others. From my perspective, as soon as you are engaged with someone (any relationship, not only romance), you have the responsibility not only to follow you own desires, but also to respect the feelings of the person close to you.
    But not all relationships have a closeness between partners, i can't say i have ever loved anyone i have been in a relationship with.
    I don't have any responsibility to the feelings of the person i am with unless i engage in a romance where i state i care about the other persons feelings.

    selfishness only leads to loneliness.
    unselfish people spend a lot of time being miserable and having to deal with stuff they don't want to do. yet i am free to spend my time as i please and don't feel lonely.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  11. #10  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    selfishness only leads to loneliness.
    unselfish people spend a lot of time being miserable and having to deal with stuff they don't want to do. yet i am free to spend my time as i please and don't feel lonely.
    That's not true. With the same attitude I could say that selfish people spend most of their time making other people miserable.
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    That's not true. With the same attitude I could say that selfish people spend most of their time making other people miserable.

    But if the selfish person isn't miserable then it isn't really an issue for them is it
    everything is mathematical.
     

  13. #12  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    That's not true. With the same attitude I could say that selfish people spend most of their time making other people miserable.

    But if the selfish person isn't miserable then it isn't really an issue for them is it
    Are you trying to justify your attitude here? As it looks to me, you like doing what you are doing because of the minimal effort and the superficial gains you get, without considering the other parties involved, i.e. selfish. Then you come here and try to rationalise your way into a legitimate justification? Am I wrong?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Isotope Bunbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,590
    Why do guys love the chase?
    Can't remember.
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    Are you trying to justify your attitude here? As it looks to me, you like doing what you are doing because of the minimal effort and the superficial gains you get, without considering the other parties involved, i.e. selfish. Then you come here and try to rationalise your way into a legitimate justification? Am I wrong?
    Well i initially came here to find out why i like doing what i am doing. just as research.

    but then forum members attacked my person and the discussion has wandered off topic into whether or not selfish people are happy or not. i don't feel the need to justify what i am doing, i admit that what i do is not morally right but guess what i'm ok with it.
    I'm not trying to justify it, i just want to know why i like doing it.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  16. #15  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    Are you trying to justify your attitude here? As it looks to me, you like doing what you are doing because of the minimal effort and the superficial gains you get, without considering the other parties involved, i.e. selfish. Then you come here and try to rationalise your way into a legitimate justification? Am I wrong?
    Well i initially came here to find out why i like doing what i am doing. just as research.

    but then forum members attacked my person and the discussion has wandered off topic into whether or not selfish people are happy or not. i don't feel the need to justify what i am doing, i admit that what i do is not morally right but guess what i'm ok with it.
    I'm not trying to justify it, i just want to know why i like doing it.
    Ok then. Good luck with that.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard paralith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,190
    If you were aware that what you were doing is selfish and potentially morally cloudy, then you shouldn't be surprised that some people pointed out those facts.

    In reference to my previous post, I'd just like to remind you that reproductive interests are inherently selfish interests. However, your genes don't require that you understand why you do what you do, only that you do them with success. Thus you feel desire and excitement when you meet someone new to whom you are attracted, and you suddenly feel bored and despondent when your reproductive goal is completed (which it would be if birth control didn't exist).

    What I should have made clearer is that I don't think it is a fault of yours to feel the way you do - human men have evolved to, on average, feel that way under those circumstances. I do think that if any fault is to be applied to you, it would be from a lack of effort on your part to control your actions. But from what you've said in response to me previously, it seems you made no promises, and you're not reproachable in the that aspect. My caution was just for you to keep in mind the feelings of the girls involved when you're considering what action to take.
    Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.
    ~Jean-Paul Sartre
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    You make an interesting point paralith. so if i'm getting this right. It is not my fault that i feel the way i do because all men have evolved this way, but with our evolution we have developed control and therefore it is my fault for not exercising the ability to control myself.
    I think based on what you have said and some of the comments from other members has led me to certain conclusions.
    Because now when we choose relationships we are not just trying to reproduce the personality of the women is more important, so this means she must be interesting and intelligent rather than just good to look at...
    this could be the start of a new relationship paradigm for me i will try it out thanks for most peoples responses
    everything is mathematical.
     

  19. #18  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    This also where you can expect to get hurt from time to time, but the rewards when you find yourself in a meaningful relationship outweigh that by quite a margin. Good luck :wink:
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    I think I am willing to risk getting hurt, maybe it will be karma coming back around and i probably deserve it.
    However I am really excited to start this new idea of being with a girl who is intelligent and that i can have a conversation with.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by tritai
    Because men are superficial and shallow and don't seem to understand the meaning of the term 'relationship' to them it is all a game and a contest.
    Oh, and I suppose YOU are the paragon of womanly virtue?
    Yes actually, well done, you're perhaps not as stupid as you look.

    And Pong...........woof........men are like dogs, so predictable, they may as well have tails to wag.
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    Absum is one of the reasons i am worried about going after intelligent women.

    overly sensitive and very annoying
    everything is mathematical.
     

  23. #22  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    589
    However I am really excited to start this new idea of being with a girl who is intelligent and that i can have a conversation with.
    PLEASE don't tell me you just got THAT idea.....how could you consider being with a girl you CAN'T have an intellectual discussion with?



    Well, at least you've had your epiphany......still............. :-D

    Yes actually, well done, you're perhaps not as stupid as you look.
    ....................... ..........WHOOO! Nice comeback!! :P
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    PLEASE don't tell me you just got THAT idea.....how could you consider being with a girl you CAN'T have an intellectual discussion with?
    well they were nice to look at
    everything is mathematical.
     

  25. #24  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by tritai
    how could you consider being with a girl you CAN'T have an intellectual discussion with?
    A guy could, when the girl evades that kind of exposure. Girls of all ages would rather play another game, where they have the advantage 'till their charms go. Girls as opposed to women I mean.

    It's up to the female, whether she'll play the girl or assert her mind as a woman. Guys may try to encourage one or the other, but we're easily distracted. The brain may be denied a certain volume of blood.

    Few females over twenty can resist trying for both simultaneously. Isn't that right Minxy?
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    Absum is one of the reasons i am worried about going after intelligent women.

    overly sensitive and very annoying
    Who said I was intelligent?

    Overly-sensitive means i must get upset easily, but I don't

    annoying yes........but then you should ask yourself why you get so annoyed

    Things only happen to you if you let them

    including being annoyed

    it's called attachment

    and i guess that's why i like annoying you, because you are so attached and that's why you get upset

    I am hoping that one day you will get so annoyed that you might learn how to detach and then once you've learned that you will wonder how on earth you ever got annoyed in the first place.
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    Overly-sensitive means i must get upset easily, but I don't
    o rly?..
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Absum!
    Overly-sensitive means i must get upset easily, but I don't
    o rly?..
    Yes really

    But sometimes I land hard on my arse when I fall off my chair laughing

    and that sometimes annoys me
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    maybe annoy is the wrong word...perhaps trying is the word. your posts are just deliberate attempts to provoke forum members just so you can get some attention.
    this probably stems from a low self esteem because guys don't pay attention to you and the only one who did dumped you after you believed he was the love of your life. hence your man hating attitude.
    pathetic attention seeking is what i find trying.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    maybe annoy is the wrong word...perhaps trying is the word. your posts are just deliberate attempts to provoke forum members just so you can get some attention.
    this probably stems from a low self esteem because guys don't pay attention to you and the only one who did dumped you after you believed he was the love of your life. hence your man hating attitude.
    pathetic attention seeking is what i find trying.
    And you are a speculating paranoid fool

    Don't you think if i wanted guys attention i would be on flirt.com or whatever!???

    Yes I do enjoy responding to your anal banal talk with interjections and i can't help it if you get annoyed

    That is your problem

    The only thing I am trying to do is comprehend why you all waste so much time talking about nonsense
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    like i said you are more of a chore than an annoyance.

    The only thing I am trying to do is comprehend why you all waste so much time talking about nonsense
    this is a bit of a strange statement, we talk about science or as you so ignorantly called it "nonsense" because wait for it...this is a science forum. where the whole purpose is to discuss science, we do it to increase our understanding of the world.

    anyway your interjections are meaningless and only confirm my initial impression of you. Please do not wate any more of my time with YOUR nonsense.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  32. #31  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    589
    well they were nice to look at
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry. :?

    So what were you going to do when your lady reached this thing called OLD AGE, hmm? :-D

    By that time, you'd look like a shriveled old prune too, so you cant respond by saying "I'm covered....I've got loads of girls after me!"

    Yeah....right.

    Wellllll..............a dull beauty for a day, or a scintillating commoner for a lifetime?

    :wink:
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    well i'm not really thinking about old age atm
    everything is mathematical.
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    like i said you are more of a chore than an annoyance.

    The only thing I am trying to do is comprehend why you all waste so much time talking about nonsense
    this is a bit of a strange statement, we talk about science or as you so ignorantly called it "nonsense" because wait for it...this is a science forum. where the whole purpose is to discuss science, we do it to increase our understanding of the world.

    anyway your interjections are meaningless and only confirm my initial impression of you. Please do not wate any more of my time with YOUR nonsense.
    Science?

    You don't talk science, you speculate and theorize and argue about nonsense.

    Just because you put science in front or behind your words doesn't mean it is science.
    Just because you are on a science forum doesn't automatically determine you to be 'scientific'
    Science discovers and teaches, you simply confuse and baffle.

    You interject with spiteful bitchy nonsense that not even a dysfunctional tart wouldn't think to come out with.

    Why are you being 'tried'?

    Why am i a 'chore' to you?

    Because you can't help but get affected, involved?

    You're like some old crusty curtain twitcher who huddles in front of a soap opera because they've got no life to live except through other peoples affairs. The sort of person who takes issues with the postman or the newspaper delivery boy in order to have some kind of meaningful relationship with someone or else you will go mad?

    You make me laugh so hard because of your 'involvement' and your superficial smugness in thinking you 'know'

    Surely you can see how ridiculous that is?
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    well i'm not really thinking about old age atm
    Doesn't appear that you think about much at all then
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    ok pretty sure i asked you to stop making pointless interjections, obviously i wasn't clear enough

    what we call science you dismiss as nonsense because you don't understand what we discuss. So to cover your ignorance you go round provoking members and preaching your man hatred for reasons already stated.
    Please stfu and let people have worthwhile discussions.



    Doesn't appear that you think about much at all then
    I don't think about my life when im 60 because that is over 40 years in the future and i will accomplish a lot before that time.
    everything is mathematical.
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Forget about women and try something new.

    I'll show you a good time
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    ok pretty sure i asked you to stop making pointless interjections, obviously i wasn't clear enough

    what we call science you dismiss as nonsense because you don't understand what we discuss. So to cover your ignorance you go round provoking members and preaching your man hatred for reasons already stated.
    Please stfu and let people have worthwhile discussions.



    Doesn't appear that you think about much at all then
    I don't think about my life when im 60 because that is over 40 years in the future and i will accomplish a lot before that time.
    Good grief and you say i am sensitive!???

    Still that must make you twenty, still in your hormonal formative stages.

    I bet you have acne too?
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    Yes you are sensitive
    No actually i don't have acne, was that a bet or a question.

    Please find something better to do than embarrasing yourself and giving women everywhere a bad name.

    Still that must make you twenty
    60-40 = 20. as it is over 40 years in the future my age < 20.
    appears you can't even do basic math, so please go away and find someone intelligent. kthnxbye
    everything is mathematical.
     

  40. #39  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by organic god
    Yes you are sensitive
    No actually i don't have acne, was that a bet or a question.

    Please find something better to do than embarrasing yourself and giving women everywhere a bad name.

    Still that must make you twenty
    60-40 = 20. as it is over 40 years in the future my age < 20.
    appears you can't even do basic math, so please go away and find someone intelligent. kthnxbye
    Probable

    Taking one person as an example of many shows a lack of intelligence. I hope you will learn to broaden your horizons as you get older.

    And you are speculating again with sex.

    Therefore i think it is you embarrassing yourself with your obvious ignorance by making sweeping generalizations and speculations.

    As for the maths. Are you really as pedantic as you are over-sensitive and ignorant?

    I think Freud would no doubt conclude that what we appear to have here is some kind of anal retentiveness.

    Let's hope no woman decides to chase you, God only knows what you would leave in your wake!
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Masters Degree organic god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    567
    You accidentaly started talking again.

    And you forgot to bring the intelligent person.

    wow quoting freud is really going to strengthen what you say. lol
    everything is mathematical.
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    I guess it's a no since organic is ignoring my generous offer T_T
     

  43. #42  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Nice little battle of wits you guys are having here, but it has deviated quite far from the topic and the section. I'll have to lock this thread if it continues. Let's see what happens.

    Oh, uh, me with my Moderator's trident in hand.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Absum!, this is indeed a Science forum, and last time I checked
    this was the Behavioral & Social sciences forum.

    Unlike "solid rule" sciences like Math or Physics all the "People"
    related sciences are based of generalizations and speculations because
    no man is born equal(genetically) so we are left only to discuss common
    phenomenons which we notice in our everyday lives.

    If you want to avoid speculations and personal theories I'd suggest moving
    to the "Natural Sciences" forum tab.

    p.s. Absum!, please stop biting our forum members, at first I thought you
    had an issiue just with me but now it seems that you are targeting the
    younger members of this forum. Please stop. :?
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    As you pointed out Hanuka that this is the behavioral department it is interesting to note not only how particular people react so strongly towards something which shouldn't bother them at all.

    I mean for example - why get annoyed if someone calls you an idiot - when that someone has never met you and knows hardly anything about you.

    This is why I laugh so hard when you all get upset, because you just don't get it do you?

    If someone gives you something you have a choice.....or did you not realise that?

    It is also interesting to note the explicit double standards with members regularly dragging out the moral soap-box in order to reprimand another member for their behaviour immediately after they have behaved in exactly the same fashion.

    I mean guys (and girls) come one. The rule is if you can't take it and you are going to have tantrums and get upset, please don't give it

    If you are going to have the cake and the icing, then you are going to have to eat the cherry as well!

    You cannot reprimand another member for insulting you when you have just left off insulting them.

    What do you expect back? Kisses?

    DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
    AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU YET?
    (Please God, I've never really believed in you...but this time I'll try harder....)
     

  46. #45  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    You project much.
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    You project much.
    Do I really? Blimey my psychic powers must be developing then!

    Gosh what's that Pong? It smells like B.S! :x
     

  48. #47  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Right. This is clearly not going to improve, so it is locked.

    Me with moderator's trident in hand.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •